This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

Soooo not looking forward to that!! DD tried to convince me that she "just had to" call her friend to ask a "very important question" (about Justin Bieber ;) ) at 930 Saturday night. I said NO WAY! I'd be P.O.'d if someone called her after 8pm!

So, youse guys don't have yer kids on Da Book yet. I tell ya, it certainly frees up the phone. In fact, DD is NEVER on the phone (at least, speaking - - she texts everything).... . .. . she and her bro ask all of their "very important questions" to all of their 600 friends on fb.

What in hell did WE do as kids with just one, perhaps two, land-line phones in the house?? And no call waiting, no call display. . ... . ..... .. I NEVER knew when someone else was trying to get through, I never knew ahead of picking up the phone who it was calling, I had to stand in the hallway beside the phone for my entire conversations... . .... ..

Hell, how did I do it?

:rolleyes::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

lol!! How did we survive??? :lol:

kareng Grand Master

Mine don't talk on thier phones... only text. Sometimes it takes 15 minutes to text and make plans when it would have taken 2 minutes if they talked. The only people who actually call J are girls and not as often as he would like. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

Mine don't talk on thier phones... only text. Sometimes it takes 15 minutes to text and make plans when it would have taken 2 minutes if they talked. The only people who actually call J are girls and not as often as he would like. ;)

Notice the quote :P

I phiddled around wif me laptop and I don't know wih was wrong wif it but it's working now. Apparently, it "wasn't shut down correctly"--the only thing is that I didn't shut it down..... :unsure:

It was also kinda warm, so I unplugged it and left it for several hours. Maybe it had a fever :lol: Whatever--it's back :D

kareng Grand Master

Notice the quote :P

I phiddled around wif me laptop and I don't know wih was wrong wif it but it's working now. Apparently, it "wasn't shut down correctly"--the only thing is that I didn't shut it down..... :unsure:

It was also kinda warm, so I unplugged it and left it for several hours. Maybe it had a fever :lol: Whatever--it's back :D

Glad its feeling better!

Darn210 Enthusiast

lol!! How did we survive??? :lol:

True dat!!! . . . the scariest thing that comes to mind is babysitting. Nowdays, we give the babysitter the cell phone number and off we go. I used to babysit for my Uncle. Have no way to get ahold of him. There were three kids (ages 1,4,5). I was 11 . . . and he would pay me a whoppin' 50 cents an hour. That was cheap even waaaaaaaay back then.

jerseyangel Proficient

True dat!!! . . . the scariest thing that comes to mind is babysitting. Nowdays, we give the babysitter the cell phone number and off we go. I used to babysit for my Uncle. Have no way to get ahold of him. There were three kids (ages 1,4,5). I was 11 . . . and he would pay me a whoppin' 50 cents an hour. That was cheap even waaaaaaaay back then.

Gawd--I used to babysit for 50 cents an hour too! Frequently I sat for my church school teacher and her doctor husband. They were a young couple with 2 toddlers and a newborn. Their house was always a mess--I would feed the kids, clean the kitchen as best I could, put them to bed, and always end up falling asleep on their couch.

Every freakin time they said they wouldn't be too,late, and every freakin time I would be awakened so that the husband could drive me home at like 3AM. So embarrassing--I was like 13. The good thing is they always paid well--huge tippers :P I funded my 45 rpm collection with that loot. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

I had the lamb chops. They were excellent.

Sorry. Call me Clarice, but I just can't order anything lamb . . . they're just too cute. Chickens on the other . . . yep, fry me up one of those babies!!!

mushroom Proficient

Sorry. Call me Clarice, but I just can't order anything lamb . . . they're just too cute. Chickens on the other . . . yep, fry me up one of those babies!!!

Don't move to Kiwiland then. Kiwi may be our national bird, but sheeps are our national animal. Give up lamb and you'd starve :unsure: It's much worse than Greece even :lol: As a kid I was quite bloodthirsty watching my dad slit their little throats (Oh, Ghianit, don't cry!), but I always knew that it was not our pet lambs because he always kept those in a separate flock so we knew we were not eating Pouncer or Molly or..... :D

kareng Grand Master

Haven't has much lamb. Goat, that to me is awful! Seems to always be stewed in some herbs that make it look green. Cows, chickens, turkey and pigs...yum. Got so darn many geese here, may be going for that. Have had some super good venison summer sausage when I worked in the Sierra foothills. Since going gluten-free, meat tastes better. Odd? Sure it's odd, we're talking about me!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Don't move to Kiwiland then. Kiwi may be our national bird, but sheeps are our national animal. Give up lamb and you'd starve :unsure: It's much worse than Greece even :lol: As a kid I was quite bloodthirsty watching my dad slit their little throats (Oh, Ghianit, don't cry!), but I always knew that it was not our pet lambs because he always kept those in a separate flock so we knew we were not eating Pouncer or Molly or..... :D

:o

Shroomie, when I come to visit you, I'll just have a salad.

:lol:

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Youse guys are making my tummy sicky. ;)

Jestgar Rising Star

okey dokey. I've committed to bringing a bunch of clothes over to my friends garage sale. Perfect reason to do a purge.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

okey dokey. I've committed to bringing a bunch of clothes over to my friends garage sale. Perfect reason to do a purge.

Yer gotta do it now!!!

It'll be ok once you get started ....just make sure you don't have to take back anything s/he doesn't sell!

Hey!! I've got new nay-bores :D

A mum and her son, - but I've already met Mum, Nan and auntie!

They seem ok - friendly, very amenable, very cockney :lol:

T'is hard to describe what I mean by that...it's not just talking like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins :unsure: ..just old fashioned 'East End' salt of the earth type people who say what they mean.

I think we'll get along :-)

Meanwhile....1 more day 'til the World Cup starts......England's first match is on Saturday with.....OH WAIT! :unsure: ....who???......USA?!?!?!

<It's in the bag ;)>

Iz a phootball widow!!!!

elye Community Regular

Meanwhile....1 more day 'til the World Cup starts......England's first match is on Saturday with.....OH WAIT! :unsure: ....who???......USA?!?!?!

<It's in the bag ;)>

Canna wait! We're rootin' fer England. .. . .....but youse got all kinds of injured blokes.... . ...:unsure:. . .....can they still pull it off, Gnick??

Um, speaking of the English.. . ...... . . ....

MIL arrives next week for an eleven-day stay.

:huh:

:unsure:

Hmmmm. . . ..there just doesn't seem to be a bang-on emoticon to demonstrate feelings here. .. . . . ...

:mellow: .. . . . . ... . ..um, NO.

^_^ . . . ... . . .. ... . . ...... . .... .. pfffff. .. .... ..NO.

:D.. .. . .. . . . ... . . . .... NO.

<_<. . ... ..getting warmer.. . ..

:wacko: .. .. .. . .closest, methinks. . . . .....

kareng Grand Master

USA!

Korwyn Explorer

What's the World Cup?

kareng Grand Master

What's the World Cup?

Its a big , worldwide drinking game.

Darn210 Enthusiast

What's the World Cup?

:lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

<snort>

Korwyn Explorer

How do you score it and tell who is the winner? :)

kareng Grand Master

How do you score it and tell who is the winner? :)

Last man standing! Wobbling is acceptable. :P

curlyfries Contributor

I used to always do my yearly purge by having a garage sale. Done my share of Goodwill, too. Now I'm trying resale shops....haven't seen any money from that, yet. <_<

<It's in the bag ;)>

Iz a phootball widow!!!!

My son is having a World Cup party at his house.......and no, there won't be excessive drinking :rolleyes:

MIL arrives next week for an eleven-day stay.

Oh no!!!! Hide the keys to the car!!!!!!

So........11 more days til we get MIL stories. :D This is a yearly event! :P

What's the World Cup?

hey, guys!!!!! Don't tease poor Korwyn! He has obviously led a sheltered life. It's like the Super Bowl of soccer.....sorta.

kareng Grand Master

Oh no!!!! Hide the keys to the car!!!!!!

Looking forward to many hilarious stories.

elye Community Regular

Dear gawd... .... .. . ...try thrice-yearly. . .. . .......<_<

hey, guys!!!!! Don't tease poor Korwyn! He has obviously led a sheltered life. It's like the Super Bowl of soccer.....sorta.

Wait... . . ... . Korwyn has divulged that he does not follow football either... . .. . . . ..

Um... . . World Series of soccer?

.. .... . ...Triple Crown?

.. .. . . ... .Smackdown?

:rolleyes:

Archived