This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

CarlaB Enthusiast

Wow, I forgot how fast this thread moves!! Hallucinations, 20 hour dates, good smells!

My house smells like Jambalaya, minus the shrimp because sadly I'm allergic to shellfish. Funny how even though I don't have to eat gluten free anymore, most of the dinners I make are.

Patti, bring over your apple cinnamon stuff, and we'll have dinner/dessert together!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Patti, bring over your apple cinnamon stuff, and we'll have dinner/dessert together!!!

Love to! After dinner, I'll let you make me a latte :D

kareng Grand Master

I wanna come over for dinner, too! After we pig out, Carla can teach us Pilates to burn off the calories! :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oh, we'll have to do pilates FIRST! You would not be able to take my class after you've eaten!! We'll save lattes for the morning with more cinnamon apple stuff. :D I mean, you'll have to spend the night, you live to far away to go home!!

And you can't imagine the quantity of food I eat when I'm doing a lot of pilates ...... Morgan, too ......

BreezieDaye Newbie

Ok...one-handed typing...sleeping baby in other arm...poor thing woke up screaming. :( Just looked down and realized I forgot to cut her nails...and the clippers are all the way downstairs, maybe if I type in caps curlyfries will hear me...MOMMA!........... -_- nothin'.....

curlyfries Contributor

You get long/lat coordinates to "caches" all over the world (over a million) and then you go find them using a gps. They are very small to good size containers that contain a log book. Some have "trinkets" for trading. When you find them, you write your team name in the log book and then record on the web site also. Some are in your local park . . . some are in buildings . . . some you have to be a rock climber to get to . . . some you have to scuba dive. They are all over the place.

Sounds interesting, but I don't have a gps. How did you find out about it?

Reading along.... got now't but some more grEy hairs and wrinkles from me evil devil child rolleyes.gif

Sounds like your day sucketh big time :(

Just returned from grocery shopping....I must keep in mind that I live in an apartment and can nae buy as much as I'm used to in a single trip. Me arms are killing me :P I'm used to driveways, not parking garages, hallways, and elevators.....

You need one of those old lady portable shopping carts :PNOT saying yer old or nothin' :rolleyes:

Ok...one-handed typing...sleeping baby in other arm...poor thing woke up screaming. :( Just looked down and realized I forgot to cut her nails...and the clippers are all the way downstairs, maybe if I type in caps curlyfries will hear me...MOMMA!........... -_- nothin'.....

Sorry.....it's that danged delay. You have 5 more posts to go til you can be trusted ;)

Had 2 cysts removed from me head today yesterday, and now I'm awake in pain and can't sleep. Had 2 others removed last summer shortly after the accident. (It had already been scheduled and I was for dang sure not going to cancel, since it was SUPPOSED to have been done LAST year, when my life was turned upside down <_< )

Tomorrow I'll be going to a fancy shmancy restaurant with my brother for a banquet for an award he's getting from his job. He called the chef for me, and the chef called me, but I was dancing and missed the call. I meant to call him today, but with the surgery and shopping for a little black dress, I forgot :(

So when I woke up in pain, I suddenly remembered. Hope it's not too late to call in the morning. :unsure:

BTW......got a cute little lacy black dress for $11.50 at a consignment shop B) ..........now I need shoes ;)

oooh.....and in other good news........I got a big bag of Pamela's pancake mix for half price! Not even near expiration or nothin! :D

Jestgar Rising Star

He called the chef for me, and the chef called me, but I was dancing and missed the call.

I just liked the way that you miss things because you're out having fun. :D

Blue Eyes is making me dinner tomorrow (steak and potatoes, sounds like what a man would make). What should I wear?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

Blue Eyes is making me dinner tomorrow (steak and potatoes, sounds like what a man would make). What should I wear?

Gawd, Jyessssss.. . .do you really want to hear answers to this from us? <_<:lol:

I'm gonna suggest what I mentioned a couple of pages ago - - something crotchless. .. ...... .. .:rolleyes:.. . . ..and take along that bottle of cranberry.. .. . ....

kareng Grand Master

Gawd, Jyessssss.. . .do you really want to hear answers to this from us? <_<:lol:

I'm gonna suggest what I mentioned a couple of pages ago - - something crotchless. .. ...... .. .:rolleyes:.. . . ..and take along that bottle of cranberry.. .. . ....

Does it really matter what you wear? Maybe a nice bathrobe?

Cranberry and vodka would be a multiple- purpose drink.

Jestgar Rising Star

hmmmmm......the shear lace one? Might be chilly on the way over. But I do have a fab silky kimono. But then what happens if I'm stopped for a traffic infraction? Could be difficult.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sweats with something slinky underneath?

kareng Grand Master

hmmmmm......the shear lace one? Might be chilly on the way over. But I do have a fab silky kimono. But then what happens if I'm stopped for a traffic infraction? Could be difficult.

Sweat pants under the kimono & a coat over it until you get there? Drive slowly & carefully?

nikki-uk Enthusiast

You need one of those old lady portable shopping carts :PNOT saying yer old or nothin' :rolleyes:

I just know one of those would make life so much easier on a 'varying different shopping sprees in the same town' kind of day but must.....resist....

Had 2 cysts removed from me head today yesterday, and now I'm awake in pain and can't sleep. Had 2 others removed last summer shortly after the accident. (It had already been scheduled and I was for dang sure not going to cancel, since it was SUPPOSED to have been done LAST year, when my life was turned upside down <_< )

OUCH Leese!!!

Sore dry.gif

LOVE the verbal spa-ing going on with you and B biggrin.gif

Cranberry and vodka would be a multiple- purpose drink.

HA! - loving the multi-purpose eye-deers - just don't get pulled over laugh.gif

Have PHUN Jess!!! cool.gif

OMG!! PadT's 'french apple cobbler' sounded DIVINE tongue.gif (did we agree cobbler= crumble en Angleterre?? unsure.gif I phorget)

Starving.

kareng Grand Master

All this talk of apple cobblers, crumbles, pies got to me. Last night I made applesauce. All the yummy taste & none of the psilly crust calories which are so unnecessary.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Missed a lot the past few days!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate in the wrong month :P

Wanna rescue me a doggie, but still not quite sure I can dedicate the time and I won't do it till I can make the commitment.

Been Hell-child week so far <_< DD's copping MAY-jah attitude, tis a good thing she was sitting in the backseat of the car, cuz I coulda slapped her-and I've NEVER done that! Then the 2 of them have been at each other constantly, got in a huge brawl the second I walked away from the dinner table last night, spilled milk on the carpet, food flying everywhere, they both got sent to bed at 7 last night. DD was like, 'Whatever, like I care' DS was crying like his heart was broken because I snapped and yelled at the 2 of 'em. He asked me if I still wanted to be an angel...(which to him, means that you have to be nice ALL the time and never get upset and never yell) I told him that it's really hard to be an angel all the time when y'all are fighting all the time! We all ended on good terms-well, maybe not the 2 kids, and we all apologized--again, not the 2 kids... But I still went to bed feeling like a bad mommy for losing my temper :(

I just liked the way that you miss things because you're out having fun. :D

I say the the trench coat wif black bra and panties underneath. When he asks you if he can take your coat....... Dinner will hafta wait!

jerseyangel Proficient

Aw Rach-shell, don't beat up on yerselph. We all have moments like that--the end of a long day and the last thing you have patience for is a kid squabble. It comes wif the territory ;)

I think you're a great angel-mommy :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast

GADS yes Rae-chulle!!!

You are a fab Mum!! - don't beat yourself up.... 'least said, soonest mended' an' all that wink.gifwub.gif

Thanks ladies :wub: I lurve those chitlens so very much, but they drive me INSANE! It totally doesn't help that I'm PMS'ing and I forgot to pickup my anxiety meds on Friday, so I've been wifout since then..... Maybe I shouldn't have been around the kids to begin with :rolleyes:

kareng Grand Master

What happened to our cute smiling babies, Russell? They have been eaten and replaced by larger, not so cute creatures. I hope they cleaned up the mess!

These 2 need a" crisis and have to depend on each other" experience. Something where they must work together & depend on each other. Mine have had a few and it helps with the squabbles. I think you are looking a bit sick on Sat or Sun and should stay in bed. The kids will have to get their own lunch. Maybe a load of laundry, too. :)

elye Community Regular

Just wear the kimono, and when the cop stops you simply tell him that you are heading over to ___________'s (Blue Eyes) place for the evening. Perhaps word has gotten out about him, in which case the officer will simply nod knowingly and and say "very practical outfit choice... . . .best get on your way".... .. .... :P:rolleyes:

These 2 need a" crisis and have to depend on each other" experience. Something where they must work together & depend on each other. Mine have had a few and it helps with the squabbles. I think you are looking a bit sick on Sat or Sun and should stay in bed. The kids will have to get their own lunch. Maybe a load of laundry, too. :)

Better: Arrange for a discounted flight for them to a foreign little island.. . . ....the South Pacific would be ideal. Imagine, they would have to quickly learn to co-operate and divide labour - - build shelter, kill food, fight off predators, write out a huge "HELP!" sign on the beach - - all of these things could go miles in forging mutual respect and love.

My kids would perish within three days, this is certain. <_<:lol:

kareng Grand Master

Just wear the kimono, and when the cop stops you simply tell him that you are heading over to ___________'s (Blue Eyes) place for the evening. Perhaps word has gotten out about him, in which case the officer will simply nod knowingly and and say "very practical outfit choice... . . .best get on your way".... .. .... :P:rolleyes:

Better: Arrange for a discounted flight for them to a foreign little island.. . . ....the South Pacific would be ideal. Imagine, they would have to quickly learn to co-operate and divide labour - - build shelter, kill food, fight off predators, write out a huge "HELP!" sign on the beach - - all of these things could go miles in forging mutual respect and love.

My boys would love this! We could return in a month & they would have a lovely home built, made friends with the native animals, prepare delicious fish & fruit dinners. They would be most happy if they could rig up a computer & TV. Also, if some girls in bikinis were also stranded.

What happened to our cute smiling babies, Russell? They have been eaten and replaced by larger, not so cute creatures. I hope they cleaned up the mess!

I had to make them leave the dining room toot sweet before I became completely out of control, so I cleaned up the mess this time--usually they clean it up.

Bah!! I'm on call this weekend, which makes me even crabbier! I try to remind myself that Christmas is coming and the extra money is always nice..... Who am I kidding, I'd rather NOT have the extra $$. We get ABUSED on call <_<

I actaully did see them work together yesterday morning-the huge garden spiders have taken over the outside of our house (does no good to knock em down, they're back within 15 min :rolleyes: ). I needed a dvd put into the mailbox and there's a huge spider that has made that particular area home. DS opened the door to the box near the spider so DD wouldn't have to get near it, and DD went around the other side to lift the flag :P

That's as good as it got yesterday :rolleyes:

Also, if some girls in bikinis were also stranded.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Had 2 cysts removed from me head today yesterday

Jeeze--ouch! :( I had one removed from me arm once--me sister and my dad had them removed from their heads. Head is much worse <_< Pheel better :)

Well, I would wear something cute and comfy (he is making dinner, after all) and killer underwear. B)

OMG!! PadT's 'french apple cobbler' sounded DIVINE

Twas :rolleyes:

kareng Grand Master

You've got to check this out. This photographer claims to have kept a Happy Meal from McDonalds sitting around for 6 months and it still looks the same as when it was fresh!

Open Original Shared Link

jerseyangel Proficient

You've got to check this out. This photographer claims to have kept a Happy Meal from McDonalds sitting around for 6 months and it still looks the same as when it was fresh!

Open Original Shared Link

Woah!!!!

Archived