This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star

BE withdrawl? ;)

snort

Shall be rectified tonight I think. And tomorrow. We'll see how two nights days in a row go.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Does the bruise look like Jesus or his mother, Mary? Maybe you could be a saint? :huh:

No, this just magically happens on pieces of toast.. . . . . . ..

Rowena Rising Star

Time to take your princess dresses and princely tailcoats and go dance in the snow people! NOW! Before it disappears...

Oh wait I'm in utah. It won't disappear.

Snowball fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tosses snowballs*

jerseyangel Proficient

Jess said "rectified" :P

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Jess said "rectified" :P

2 nights in a row :o

ouch

:blink:

:lol::lol:

kareng Grand Master

Time to take your princess dresses and princely tailcoats and go dance in the snow people! NOW! Before it disappears...

Oh wait I'm in utah. It won't disappear.

Snowball fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tosses snowballs*

Saw Alta's mountain cam yesterday!

Did you see I posted that I found a gluten-free bakery and lunch place in Sandy? It's Eleanors bake shop. You have to try it & let me know if it's good.

jerseyangel Proficient

ouch

<giggle>

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

:lol::lol::lol:

I can't get him to take his shirt off anywhere outside of home--Like doing quick changes at Target to try on shirts.... Not that I try to get my 5 year old to strip :lol: But at home its a different story. He wears his pajama tops open like Hugh Heffner :lol::lol:

My son once went out wearing a costume that was a body builder. Now he's into lifting weights and Martial Arts (has been for years) but don't think he has a 6 pack yet.

Loey biggrin.gif

Loey Rising Star

Hey! Is the bruise starting to look like something or someone? Michael Jackson, perhaps, or, after a couple of days, Louis Armstrong in full trumpet-blow? Around here you must report any changes to bruises, what/who it is currently resembling......... :rolleyes:

YES! Go as Joan Rivers!

My DD wears a jill during hockey - - goes right where a jock goes for guys, but it is thick cloth that straps around the area. Not nearly as terrifying. Don't suppose Kherrighnne could talk her DS into switching to one o' these. . .. . .. . ...<_<

ARRRRGGG!! lost my reply again while checking it!!!!! I went out to do errands today after applying expensive gluten-free make-up for 20 minutes (again - I swear I'm staying in until Saturday when we go to the Haunted Hotel)). One stop was the Health Food Store and I wound up telling her about the black eye (she didn't notice it until I mentioned it). She gave me a homeopathic remedy that helps the bruise fade quicker: Arnica Montana. You dissolve 4 tablets under your tongue 4xdy. Wondering if I should still ice it (ICE, ICE BABY back in my head again).

After doing more errands than I planned I was finally getting ready to have lunch. Decided I wasn't drinking enough fluids and wanted apple juice (I use 50/50 apple and water). Of course I knocked it all over my counter, on one of the kitchen stools by the counter and a LARGE part of my floor. Used almost a half a roll of paper towels sopping it up and then got on hands and knees to wipe it with a sponge. It's still sticky so I have to look for the mop and cleaning supplies (don't know where hubby put them in our new house). Anyone know the best way to get juice out of a chair cushion? I used a LOT of disinfectant wipes and have a towel sopping it up. I have probably CC'd myself real good with the cleaning products!

Haven't noticed any resemblances from the bruise yet - will ask hubby tonight what he sees. Right now I see a half of Alvin the Chipmunk's face (after a fight?) when I look in the mirror. I think it's spreading because I sleep on that side. I need to look better by next week. I have two friends visiting me from where I lived during the days off for NEA (YAY) and I'm starting a painting class (that should give me a lot of psilly material to share here). My friends know Rob (Souperman/Clark)but still don't want to look the way I do when they see me.

Also, I remembered the name of the Gwen Stephani song that I couldn't remember. It's Hollaback girl. When I was originally looking for it (about a year ago) I thought it was called Harlem Black Girl!!!!

Loey

Loey Rising Star

P.S I miss taking my son Trick or Treating. Now I'll have door duty. I don't know how many kids will come as it's a newly constructed development. There are houses near us that are considered the older part of town.I probably bought WAY too much candy. My hubby will have to bring the leftovers it in to work. I have always made special halloween bags for the kids I knew in my neighborhood. My neighbor on one side has 7 kids so I'm making them special bags.

kareng Grand Master

One stop was the Health Food Store and I wound up telling her about the black eye (she didn't notice it until I mentioned it). She gave me a homeopathic remedy that helps the bruise fade quicker: Arnica Montana. You dissolve 4 tablets under your tongue 4xdy. Wondering if I should still ice it (ICE, ICE BABY back in my head again).

Gluten free?

elye Community Regular

ouch

:blink:

GAH! :lol: :lol:

Arnica Montana. You dissolve 4 tablets under your tongue 4xdy.

I have found arnica fabulous for a lot of things: bruising, bad cuts, my daughter's acne flare-ups, and most particularly swelling (from injury and/or surgery). I'll be anxious to hear how it works for you, Low-eee. . .... ..

When I was originally looking for it (about a year ago) I thought it was called Harlem Black Girl!!!!

Man, that's a much better name than "Hollaback Girl". . . . . .what in hell does THAT mean, anyways? :rolleyes:

Loey Rising Star

GAH! :lol: :lol:

I have found arnica fabulous for a lot of things: bruising, bad cuts, my daughter's acne flare-ups, and most particularly swelling (from injury and/or surgery). I'll be anxious to hear how it works for you, Low-eee. . .... ..

Man, that's a much better name than "Hollaback Girl". . . . . .what in hell does THAT mean, anyways? :rolleyes:

Just googled it and a Hollaback girl is:

A girl that is willing to be treated like a doormat or booty call. She is a girl that will allow guys to do whatever they want with her and ...

Loey ohmy.gif

Dixiebell Contributor

Witch Hazel works really well for bruises.

elye Community Regular

Just googled it and a Hollaback girl is:

A girl that is willing to be treated like a doormat or booty call. She is a girl that will allow guys to do whatever they want with her and ...

Hmph. I guess she doesn't ever holler back..... . . . .

Loey Rising Star

Hmph. I guess she doesn't ever holler back..... . . . .

Except with Gavin Rossdale!

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Saw Alta's mountain cam yesterday!

Did you see I posted that I found a gluten-free bakery and lunch place in Sandy? It's Eleanors bake shop. You have to try it & let me know if it's good.

Did hubby remember your birthday? If not you have a BIG IOU coming!!!!!!!!!! My husband and I have birthdays that are only 4 days (and 11 years with me being the older one) apart. Hard not to remember.

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Aluminum foil diaper with a "kiss" banner coming in out of it. He's dessert.

My dad once went to a party as a baby. My mom used a tablecloth to make the diaper and he had a baby bonnet and a bottle. She went as a boy scout. I think I still have a picture of it somewhere.

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Gluten free?

The owner has Celiac and I assumed it was gluten-free because she knows how sensitive I am. I'll be able to tell REALLY soon if it's not. Just googled it and some brands contain sucrolose and lactose (both of which I'm avoiding). I really need this to fade as being housebound is not good for my mental health and covering it up is expensive and time consuming. Will also buy witch hazel to try.

Loey

P.S. don't want you to have to walk me more than normal laugh.gif

Loey Rising Star

Witch Hazel works really well for bruises.

Hubby picking it up for me on way home. Found out from someone on the bruising thread I posted that Arnicca Montana can cause GI problems and internal bleeding. Considering that I have an ulcer I think witch hazel is safer.

Thanks!!!!!

Loey biggrin.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

So, I'm alone fer dinner tonight so I thought I'd have a hamburger with toast....put the burger on the stove and start the toast. Open the fridge and remember they come to get the trash in a little while so I start cleaning out in there and rearranging.....

Must have gotten lost in me thoughts (dangerous) because I looked up and there was a thick grey stream of smoke coming up out of the toaster. :o I immediately unplug it and dig the burned bread out wif a knife, but the toaster is still smoking--bad. :o :o

I'm petrified that the fire alarm will go off and I'll be blamed for evacuating a building full of people. :ph34r: I open the window, get the ceiling fan going, turn the A/C on....then I carry the stupid toaster into the other room--for what, I don't know.....it still smells but the smoke has dissipated.

There was still time to get the fossilized piece of bread out into the trash before it was collected. :rolleyes:

I probably shouldn't be left alone :lol::unsure:

Dixiebell Contributor

Years ago I had pop tarts to catch on fire in the toaster oven. Last year my mother, Dear Lord please help her, I think she was cooking dried beans and she forgot about them, and when she came downstairs there was black smoke everywhere. The pan had been there so long it melted to the cooktop. :blink: It was so bad they had to buy a new cooktop. After that I bought her a timer to wear around her neck.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Must have gotten lost in me thoughts (dangerous) because I looked up and there was a thick grey stream of smoke coming up out of the toaster. :o

Glad yer okay lady!! Be careful! Were you lost in thought, living vicariously thru Jess's upcoming 2 nights of 'rectification'??

jerseyangel Proficient

Glad yer okay lady!! Be careful! Were you lost in thought, living vicariously thru Jess's upcoming 2 nights of 'rectification'??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

:lol: :lol: :lol:

y'all are just jealous :ph34r::P:D :D :D

Archived