This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Loey Rising Star

Not a stupid question at all! There is 850# of Epsom salt in the water. It's more buoyant than the Dead Sea. I think the only way you could swallow the water is if you roll onto your stomach which would be impossible unless you did it on purpose to see what it felt like (yes, I did this :rolleyes: -no water in the mouth though, thank goodness!!). You totally float on top of the water. I felt my sides to figure out how deep I sank--It was pretty much 1/2 in, 1/2 out. My whole face was outside of the water-around my hairline and jaw depending if my arms were down by my sides (chin naturally lifts up) or bent like goal posts up by my head (chin natually moves towards chest--more comfortable on the neck). THey say your spine can lengthen 1 inch in your first session (like I needed that :lol: )

It just sounds like such an amazing experience. Wouldn't it be cool if they found out it's a cure for Celiac (or other diseases)? Then we could all take a field trip (although most of us don't live too close to each other but it would be a good excuse). You're 6 feet tall, huh? I'm 4 ft 11 inches. Use to be 5 feet. I'm the shrinking woman (Loey Tomlin?). Guess it's the osteoporosis.

Do you plan on doing it again? You amaze me!!!!

Loey biggrin.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac-mommy Collaborator

It just sounds like such an amazing experience. Wouldn't it be cool if they found out it's a cure for Celiac (or other diseases)? Then we could all take a field trip (although most of us don't live too close to each other but it would be a good excuse). You're 6 feet tall, huh? I'm 4 ft 11 inches. Use to be 5 feet. I'm the shrinking woman (Loey Tomlin?). Guess it's the osteoporosis.

Do you plan on doing it again? You amaze me!!!!

Loey biggrin.gif

I'm just under 6' Shortest kid in my family :rolleyes: My little sister is 6'3" and my little brother is 6'5" My poor mother is only 5'6" :P

I'm definitely going to do it again. Gonna aim for once a month!!

kareng Grand Master

Good morning!

I must be bored. I'm on another thread telling people which insects are safe to eat. :P

elye Community Regular

I'm just under 6' Shortest kid in my family :rolleyes:

I'm definitely going to do it again. Gonna aim for once a month!!

Holy crap.. . . . .that water must be close to sloshin' over the top when YOU'RE in there, Rah-shyellle... . . ....six feet tall......... ..! :rolleyes:

Good morning!

I must be bored. I'm on another thread telling people which insects are safe to eat. :P

:lol:

MUST go and find this thread.. . . . . ...um, entitled "Help! Heading to rural Burundi - - which protein-rich insects are gluten-free and non-toxic?" er sumfin?

kareng Grand Master

Holy crap.. . . . .that water must be close to sloshin' over the top when YOU'RE in there, Rah-shyellle... . . ....six feet tall......... ..! :rolleyes:

:lol:

MUST go and find this thread.. . . . . ...um, entitled "Help! Heading to rural Burundi - - which protein-rich insects are gluten-free and non-toxic?" er sumfin?

Actually, "cilantro recall". Not safe to eat anything you don't grow or kill yourself. B)

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Boring day here. Working on my fliers and labels. Glad the boss isn't here today :P

Loey Rising Star

Good morning!

No wonder no one was around earlier today. I wuz lonely! sad.gif

Loey

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

No wonder no one was around earlier today. I wuz lonely! sad.gif

Loey

Are you saying I scared them off? ;)

Jestgar Rising Star

I actually did work today. Now gotta figure out what the results mean. :blink: :blink:

Loey Rising Star

Are you saying I scared them off? ;)

No!!! Yu wuz on another thread blink.gif

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Good morning!

And what bugs are safe to eat? I remember going with Tony on a class trip to a museum that had edible bugs. He told me he would eat one if I would - of course I ate mine and he crapped out on me!

Loey

Jestgar Rising Star

And what bugs are safe to eat? I remember going with Tony on a class trip to a museum that had edible bugs. He told me he would eat one if I would - of course I ate mine and he crapped out on me!

Loey

:lol: :lol: :lol:

elye Community Regular

In the dim recesses of my long-term memory, I vaguely recall reading bits of autobiographical scribblings from a 16th or 17th century king while at university...... . . ....Henry the Second? William The Conqueror?. . .. .......canna recall... . .. . ..anyways, he mused at one point on the taste of various bugs that he would nab off the dank castle walls and chew on. All I specifically remember is his proclamation that larger spiders taste much better than smaller ones, and that earwigs are intolerably bitter.. . ..

:huh:

vomit.gif

kareng Grand Master

The general rule for eating bugs is, insects not spiders. If the insect is furry or colorful, don't eat it. This is just a basic rule. If it's ugly and brown, with 6 legs and 3 body parts - yum! (barf face).

That's the rule if your kid is determined to eat a bug. Grubs, worms, some spiders and caterpillars are edible.

Dixiebell Contributor

Open Original Shared Link

Have you guys ever heard of this?

Jestgar Rising Star

very weird!

kareng Grand Master

I saw that on tv. At the back of my mind, I remember someone else with this. Maybe a child?

Jestgar Rising Star

WooHoo! Holiday for me! (I work for the state)

Got a wild day planned:

Do stats homework

Study calculus

practice for GRE

clean the chicken coop

clean litter boxes

I know y'all are burning with envy right now :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

Got a wild day planned:

Do stats homework

Study calculus

practice for GRE

clean the chicken coop

clean litter boxes

Boy that Jess--what a pistol :lol:

Loey Rising Star

WooHoo! Holiday for me! (I work for the state)

Got a wild day planned:

Do stats homework

Study calculus

practice for GRE

clean the chicken coop

clean litter boxes

I know y'all are burning with envy right now :rolleyes:

You left one thing off your list - See BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or is this the week he's interviewing)?

Loey biggrin.gif

Loey Rising Star

Have you guys ever heard of this?

Don't have a facebook account so I can't open. Can someone describe it to me?

Loey ohmy.gif

elye Community Regular

Loey ohmy.gif

Jeez, dunno if I wanna. . . . ....:unsure:... . ..

A condition where one "bleeds" tears -- instead of tears, blood comes from the eyes. .. . . . . .very unpsilly. . . . . . ......never heard of this before....... . . .

Dixiebell Contributor

Loey ohmy.gif

Loey Rising Star

Thanks for getting me a link I could open.

I wish he had a support forum as awesome as this one. How lonely and frightened the boy boy must feel (not to mention dealing with people staring at you and going through this at his age)!

There but for the grace of God go I....

Loey sad.gif

Jestgar Rising Star

Saw BE briefly last night (we're both tired). Since his contract is ending they've got him doing some rush rush job and he's working long hours. He works at a major software company in Redmond, and this morning he put on new jeans and told me he had to dress a little nicer 'cause he never knew when a different department might call him in for an interview. :blink::unsure:

Archived