This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Probably not dry wallers leaving thier lunch in the walls then. If they are too fast for you to swat, hit them with a spritz of hair spray. ( gluten-free of course). Good fun as it sticks thier wings.

We have animals going wild here, too. We had 3 crows attacking our yard bunny. The bunny was standing on her back legs swing her front legs at the crows. Cooper and I ran out to save her. The crows saw the big black dog and ran. Bun didn't. She knows the dog and humans at our house are harmless. Those crows then flew to the next yard and started attacking 2 squirrels and a bunny at once. It was heartwarming to see 2 separate species, fighting together.

I turned on the central vac and sucked them up! :D Works great.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Nope, purely residential. We're two houses down from the town hall. yay. We've had a LOT of attention from the building and zoning departments... le sigh...

Well, there you are -- it's not horses attracting the flies, nor hidden food... . . .....you're two doors down from a bunch o' bureaucrats! <_<

:rolleyes:

Well, there you are -- it's not horses attracting the flies, nor hidden food... . . .....you're two doors down from a bunch o' bureaucrats! <_<

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA! :)

VydorScope Proficient

YES!! This!

IrishHeart Veteran

Which is not to say I wouldn't love to have you come visit!

.... hmm, mebbe I will. ;)

Bunz, flycatchers are birds. They catch flies. Someone very clever named them, huh?

We've got all manner of critters running amok here, too.

I've had to remove a chipmunk and a field mouse from the house (slippery little suckers) and a starling from the wood stove--how he got down the chimney is a mystery. Took a goldfinch from Bella's mouth and caught a bat with my flyswatter so I could put it outside. (hubs was hiding) Then, there was the bear, (yes a bear), the racoons, foxes, possums, woodchucks and the neighbor's dairy cows prancing through here (along with the regular crew of deer, turkeys, bunnies!! :) and even the turtles who makes their way up the lawn from a nearby pond to drop her eggs. The family room walls are covered in ladybugs every spring and I scoop them up and put them outside as I do not have the heart to vacuum them up. ( omg, I sound like Little house on the prairie girl)

Flies? hahaha...that's nuttin!!.

Jestgar Rising Star

So.

When I was dating BE (the Pirate calls him "the Old Guy") I set up an empty profile on a dating site to see how often BE was on it. All it has is a picture (I found on the internet) of a reasonably cute, middle aged woman, no other info. When BE started dating his new girlfriend, he took his profile off the site. I left the fake one up, (because I find it highly amusing how many offers she gets...). Anyway, earlier this week I (she) get a 'like to get to know you' message from BE. I chatted back without any sort of suggestion of interest. Didn't even answer the last message. Today I get a request to meet for drinks and his phone number. So I copied the whole series of messages and messaged them to his girlfriend's facebook account (using my fake fb account).

Did I do bad? :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

In a real good way :P

Jess you are brilliant! :lol:

"the old guy" <snort>

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

I've had to remove a chipmunk and a field mouse from the house (slippery little suckers) and a starling from the wood stove--how he got down the chimney is a mystery. Took a goldfinch from Bella's mouth and caught a bat with my flyswatter so I could put it outside. (hubs was hiding) Then, there was the bear, (yes a bear), the racoons, foxes, possums, woodchucks and the neighbor's dairy cows prancing through here (along with the regular crew of deer, turkeys, bunnies!! :) and even the turtles who makes their way up the lawn from a nearby pond to drop her eggs. The family room walls are covered in ladybugs every spring and I scoop them up and put them outside as I do not have the heart to vacuum them up.

OMG. . .. . .and a nearby herd of nesting rednecks.... .. . ...you DO have it all, IH!

:lol: :lol: FAN-F**KIN-TAS-TIC!

VydorScope Proficient

Wow... there is a story here somewhere I am missing out on! :(

.... hmm, mebbe I will. ;)

Bunz, flycatchers are birds. They catch flies. Someone very clever named them, huh?

We've got all manner of critters running amok here, too.

I've had to remove a chipmunk and a field mouse from the house (slippery little suckers) and a starling from the wood stove--how he got down the chimney is a mystery. Took a goldfinch from Bella's mouth and caught a bat with my flyswatter so I could put it outside. (hubs was hiding) Then, there was the bear, (yes a bear), the racoons, foxes, possums, woodchucks and the neighbor's dairy cows prancing through here (along with the regular crew of deer, turkeys, bunnies!! :) and even the turtles who makes their way up the lawn from a nearby pond to drop her eggs. The family room walls are covered in ladybugs every spring and I scoop them up and put them outside as I do not have the heart to vacuum them up. ( omg, I sound like Little house on the prairie girl)

Flies? hahaha...that's nuttin!!.

I'm officially going to shut the he** up about my mystery flies.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

So.

When I was dating BE (the Pirate calls him "the Old Guy") I set up an empty profile on a dating site to see how often BE was on it. All it has is a picture (I found on the internet) of a reasonably cute, middle aged woman, no other info. When BE started dating his new girlfriend, he took his profile off the site. I left the fake one up, (because I find it highly amusing how many offers she gets...). Anyway, earlier this week I (she) get a 'like to get to know you' message from BE. I chatted back without any sort of suggestion of interest. Didn't even answer the last message. Today I get a request to meet for drinks and his phone number. So I copied the whole series of messages and messaged them to his girlfriend's facebook account (using my fake fb account).

You did awesome...... B)

kareng Grand Master

No! You did a good deed! That poor woman needs to know!

I am eating a dish full of De Puma

s manicotti. Oh yeah baby.... This guy's good.

IrishHeart Veteran

Holy crap on a cracker girl, this is BRILLIANT!! :lol: :lol:

Bravo!! IH is standing up and applauding wildly!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

.. .and a nearby herd of nesting rednecks....

snort! :lol:

:( I'd rather have Bunz's flies

Holy crap on a cracker girl, this is BRILLIANT!! :lol: :lol:

Bravo!! IH is standing up and applauding wildly!!!

Crap on a cracker, huh? Sounds yummy....

So I got a nasty headache before bed last night and figured I'd sleep it off. I hardly ever get headaches. Still there this morning. I'm so hydrated I'm peeing every hour on the hour, I've had Advil, a coffee, a huge fat and protein filled breakfast, and a green apple. Why won't my headache go away? :(

kareng Grand Master

So I got a nasty headache before bed last night and figured I'd sleep it off. I hardly ever get headaches. Still there this morning. I'm so hydrated I'm peeing every hour on the hour, I've had Advil, a coffee, a huge fat and protein filled breakfast, and a green apple. Why won't my headache go away? :(

Sinus? Allergy related? The alien implanted monitoring device has shifted?

Sinus? Allergy related? The alien implanted monitoring device has shifted?

No, no, and oh boy......

IrishHeart Veteran

The alien implanted monitoring device has shifted?

oh, for the love of mike, of course!!! THAT explains MY headache on Thursday. thanks, K. U SO Smaht.

IrishHeart Veteran

Bunz, is it in the front or back of your head/neck?

Try laying on an ice pack. ( Unfortunately, I have to do this frequently and it helps knock down the inflammation.)

Then, after you have iced it, heat the back of your neck. It should loosen those muscles up.

Hope it helps.

IrishHeart Veteran

The video Sora posted on this thread is hilarious. "I can smell your peanut butter lies from here."

Darn210 Enthusiast

Crap on a cracker, huh? Sounds yummy....

Yeah . . . why is no one posting "crap on a cracker" on the what's for dinner thread?

IrishHeart Veteran

Yeah . . . why is no one posting "crap on a cracker" on the what's for dinner thread?

I can't. It pairs nicely with a pinot grigio and haricots verts, but Karen won't let me say "haricots verts" anymore.

She thinks it's snooty-faced.

(even though that's what they are, :P poopyhead)

(even though that's what they are, :P poopyhead)

I know, it says so right on the package I get from Trader Joe's!

IrishHeart Veteran

mebbe only us NOO ENGLANDAHS say/eat haricots verts. :lol:

Archived