This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

I am going to go out and have this printed as a bumper sticker....

When you do, I want one :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Me, too.

Thanks guys.

mushroom Proficient

Hi guys. I almost forgot that was my first post for a while. Good to be back - I have been reading along for a few days. Look for an email soon and I'll fill ya all in :rolleyes:

mommida Enthusiast

My heart goes out to you. ((HUGS)) :)

We will be here for all stages of grief. Something so life changing happens, it leaves one feeling numb.

Sometimes it's easier to break it down. One breath at a time. one hour at a time. One day at a time. Then when you least expect it, you survived. ;)

Loey Rising Star

I have some news I feel I need to share with you psillies. Most of you are aware that I have been in a long term relationship with the same man for the past six years. Without getting into too many details here on the board, I will tell you that about a month ago I decided to break up with him, and he subsequently committed suicide.

While I very much appreciate (and need!) the support that I know I will get from you, I also want you to know that I am also sharing this as I have been feeling disingenuous on the board as of late. There have been a number of conversations I haven't joined as I would need to refer to my relationship in the past tense and I knew you all would notice. So just so you know what's going on, I will be talking about my 'past' relationship from now on on the board.

Hang in there sweet bunnie and know that we're all here for you. Sending you lots of love and healing (((HUGS))). Feel free to vent or cry when you need a shoulder.

We all love you!!!!!

Love,

Loeywub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Loey Rising Star

me too, please!

Love,

Loey

IrishHeart Veteran

So just so you know what's going on, I will be talking about my 'past' relationship from now on on the board.

As we have discussed, so many times these past few weeks, (and Bunzer Bean, I love ya, girl!!!) I am so proud of you--for being so strong and for moving forward. All good things are coming, sweets, I promise you! hang tough, xxoo G.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

Our two-stage tour covered 20 states for a total of 13,734 km, or 8,478 miles.

Here are some photos from the second part:

With Patti:

DSC00311.webp

With Emily:

DSC00314.webp

OOH! I HATE when I lose my reply!!! It was wonderful to see pictures of our handsome PeOter and our lovely psillies (and Jacqueline when she wasn't being camerawoman). I know you're all tuckered out from this trip but PLEASE put RI on your next itinerary. That goes for all our psillies - you're all always welcome here and RI is beautiful year round (though we do get a rainy and snowy season).

Superman has a very important job interview on the 19th (moved up a day). The timing is perfect as his severance runs out next week. So PLEASE keep your fingers crossed and your prayers with him. He seems to want this job even though it's in a lab. It's a new company and his boss is someone his Bro(mance) worked for & highly recommended him. As I mentioned the only negative is that i's too long a commute so he's have to get a condo or apt. up there. I can try and juggle my doctor's appointments to every other week and go up when I'm not busy. He'll come home on the weekends. It will be good for us (particularly him as being a caregiver of 2 years is a bit draining) - it will give him a break. I'm slowly but surely driving and even if I need chemo there are volunteers in town and at the hospital that will give me rides. I don't know why but I've been feeling as if I'm going to need a bone marrow biopsy and chemo. My white blood counts jumped from 12,000 to 30,000 (I know I mentioned that previously) and didn't go down after I took the antibiotics for the staph infection and pneumonia. I'm not being negative - it's just a gut feeling and I'm being realistic.

So thank you my dearest psillies for laughter, love & support. I told my GI about the Forum so he can mention it to patients.

Healing Hugs and all my love,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Hugs and lots of love coming at you. You're one of the strongest women I know.

Sending lots of positive energy and healing {{{HUGS}}}

Love,

Loeywub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

Superman has a very important job interview on the 19th (moved up a day). The timing is perfect as his severance runs out next week. So PLEASE keep your fingers crossed and your prayers with him. He seems to want this job even though it's in a lab. It's a new company and his boss is someone his Bro(mance) worked for & highly recommended him. As I mentioned the only negative is that i's too long a commute so he's have to get a condo or apt. up there. I can try and juggle my doctor's appointments to every other week and go up when I'm not busy. He'll come home on the weekends. It will be good for us (particularly him as being a caregiver of 2 years is a bit draining) - it will give him a break. I'm slowly but surely driving and even if I need chemo there are volunteers in town and at the hospital that will give me rides. I don't know why but I've been feeling as if I'm going to need a bone marrow biopsy and chemo. My white blood counts jumped from 12,000 to 30,000 (I know I mentioned that previously) and didn't go down after I took the antibiotics for the staph infection and pneumonia. I'm not being negative - it's just a gut feeling and I'm being realistic.

Phingers AND toes crossed for the 19th!!! Hopefully it's just a formality since the preliminary talks have gone so well. Keep us posted :)

Sending healing and pheel better hugs to you too, Lo. You have such a positive attitude :wub:

Jestgar Rising Star

I'm giving up on sending healing hugs to LoLo. I'm sending off magic powers. I'm sure she'll only use them for good.... :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm giving up on sending healing hugs to LoLo. I'm sending off magic powers. I'm sure she'll only use them for good.... :rolleyes:

Capital ideer Jess! :D

Loey Rising Star

That I will! I will never use them for evil.

Love, Loey

GFinDC Veteran

Hi Bunnie,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Suicide is painful for the survivers. I had a co-worker who took his life some years ago. It was very sudden and unexpected. I wondered for a long time if there was some sign or something I missed, or if there was something I could have said to him to help him. But there is no way to know about these things. So just saying, sorry, and I hope you feel better soon.

Jestgar Rising Star

I wondered for a long time if there was some sign or something I missed, or if there was something I could have said to him to help him. But there is no way to know about these things.

This is so true. The emotions that you go through are so complex.

I lived in a shared house in college, and one of the women ended her own life. I was sad, horrified, relieved (if she was in so much pain that she felt this was her only option, I was glad she was out of that pain), guilty (for being relieved, for not seeing her pain, for not stopping it (as if I could have)), angry, confused, and probably a ton more that I've put away. Even now, 30(?) years later, I still occasionally think about her, but now it's just with sadness for her loss, and a small hope that she found the peace she needed.

jerseyangel Proficient

Jess, how sad.

Loey Rising Star

I have some news I feel I need to share with you psillies. Most of you are aware that I have been in a long term relationship with the same man for the past six years. Without getting into too many details here on the board, I will tell you that about a month ago I decided to break up with him, and he subsequently committed suicide.

While I very much appreciate (and need!) the support that I know I will get from you, I also want you to know that I am also sharing this as I have been feeling disingenuous on the board as of late. There have been a number of conversations I haven't joined as I would need to refer to my relationship in the past tense and I knew you all would notice. So just so you know what's going on, I will be talking about my 'past' relationship from now on on the board.

The death of a loved one is hard to accept or take. I hope you don't blame yourself because there had to be other underlying problems there. My first husband died from AIDS and although you never forget things get better over time. Please feel free to IM me or call 401-315-2162. I understand the hell you're living through.

Sending you all of my positive energy, healing hugs and love,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

This is so true. The emotions that you go through are so complex.

I lived in a shared house in college, and one of the women ended her own life. I was sad, horrified, relieved (if she was in so much pain that she felt this was her only option, I was glad she was out of that pain), guilty (for being relieved, for not seeing her pain, for not stopping it (as if I could have)), angry, confused, and probably a ton more that I've put away. Even now, 30(?) years later, I still occasionally think about her, but now it's just with sadness for her loss, and a small hope that she found the peace she needed.

People contemplating suicide are very good at masking their feelings. There was nothing you could do.just feel all the loving energy we're all sending you. If it would help, go to a support group. But please don't over analyze what you could have done. He obviously was good at keeping it to himself.

With love and light,

Loey

Oscar Apprentice

We have a new chick!! I checked under Mulberry to see if she still had all the eggs she was sitting on and a little yellow ball of fluff screamed at me to PUT THE BLANKET BACK!!

Woot!

W00t indeed! :) :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Oscar's excited cuz it reminds him of Big Bird :)

Jestgar Rising Star

It's funny, 'cause just the other day I was trying to remember if the (pullet formerly known as peeper) was hatched at the beginning, or the end of July. Now I know. Also just got my first egg from one of Mulberry's first brood. I know it's a 'first' egg because it's the size of a walnut. :wub:

Sadly, it's not green, but it is a lovely pale, cream color.

jerseyangel Proficient

Awwww-- a phirst wee egg :)

Ok sills I need yer help. We have been invited to a Halloween Party and I have no idea what to go as. (we're going because these are very close friends-- like family)

Jestgar Rising Star

Awwww-- a phirst wee egg :)

Ok sills I need yer help. We have been invited to a Halloween Party and I have no idea what to go as. (we're going because these are very close friends-- like family)

Welp, if they're family, go as the relatives nobody wants to talk about. You can show up in curlers with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth and hand the hostess a burnt pie, or a twinkie cake. Mark can be a half-buttoned wreck with a bottle in a paper bag, and pinch all the women's behinds.

jerseyangel Proficient

Not a bad idea... Plus it would be comfortable....

Oye, can't remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween.

mushroom Proficient

Oye, can't remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween.

I can. It was a hookers and johns party :ph34r: - either a high class callgirl or a street hooker. I chose the latter, made my own costume (NO, I did not just raid my wardrobe :P) Hubs was a sailor.

Archived