This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular
How about litter boxes :rolleyes:;)

:lol: yes, Jess...you may have a lineup of 'em after tomorrow.....

Got a busy weekend going... Tonight, Luke's class is putting on a song and dance routine at the PTO fundraiser festival. Tomorrow he has a b-day party to go to, and Sunday Ezra has a b-day party to go to. Wish me luck!

Sounds great, Sarah! And YOU sound great....busy, in a wonderful way. Not rushing around with sick kids or filling yer own prescriptions. Terrific! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Bye Sillies! off to happy hour with my coworkers, we are celebrating early!!!! See you all much later tonight when I am on my new Dell!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star

I've pretty much decided that the next remodel will be to turn the carport into a sunroom. All cat related bathroom facilities will be moved out there.

This means delaying the kitchen remodel, but I think will be ultimately easier since I could move the washer dryer and fridge outside while the kitchen was being done (assuming I have any money with which to do the kitchen after the sunroom :( )

nikki-uk Enthusiast
"When you have a big blister that's in a weightbearing area, you almost have to drain it," says Clare Starrett, D.P.M., a professor at the Foot and Ankle Institute of the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine. "They can get so full they get like a balloon."

Oakely dokely...so pop it it is

Also, blisters that are likely to break on their own should be drained by you, our experts say. That way, you can control when and how the blister is opened, instead of leaving it to chance.

What??...like IN your new shoes AT a bbq.....no that's NOT GOOD (ew)

:unsure: scared..........pass the needle......

Patti - dates here are nearly always dusted with flour :angry:

I've pretty much decided that the next remodel will be to turn the carport into a sunroom. All cat related bathroom facilities will be moved out there.

Mmmm, a sunroom :blink: ....what is that exactly????

Is it like a conservatory??? :unsure:

Does the sun always shine in the 'sunroom'??

:lol: fabulous.....must get one if it does ;)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Nighty-nite Pieghter -_- ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:lol: excellent new spelling

Morning, Sillies!

Yesterday I looked out the back window where the two of them were running around, and Gus is standing there panting, eyes half-closed, and Elsie is dodging around him, nipping at his bum and chest. Then she manages to get his collar between her teeth (accidentally, I'm sure), plants her front feet and starts tudding madly..."C'mon, c'mon, new friend! Don't just stand there! Life is beautiful! Please run by my side with reckless abandon!!" Gus now notices me in the window, and stares, a combination of this :huh: and this <_< .

Well, Elsie did give up, and just stood there chewing on his collar.

:wub: warms the cockles o' me 'eart!

On the sunny side (hee hee), it's supposed to be a delightful weekend here--sunny, warmer, and no rain! B) We may see the new Indiana Jones movie :)

Patt-eigh - - some scenes were filmed in Phrezno! (look for any scenes at an airport) So - some excitement here. (yeah because nothing EVER goes on in this loser town :huh: )

Even the Dentist was psurprised (did I get it?)

:lol: Yes, you did!

I have a bbq to go to tomorrow (no rain PLEASE)- got me outfit sorted -

:blink: outfit sorted, for a barbecue? OMG - Nicola needs to spend some time in California. We would never think of sorting an outfit for a barbecue.......(unless it was yer company picnic er sumfin') We simply throw on a ratty tshirt, shorts (or comfy pants/jeans) and some flip-flops. :lol: Oh, unless you're some college-age hottie who has to impress the guys.......then more care is taken to ensure that your hair and boobs look good......

After breakfast, I let him open it, and while we're trying to figure out how it works-- he sprayed liquid candy right into my left eye. Omg, it burned! Actually it still burns a little.

Hopefully, that'll be the only injury of the day.

:lol: :lol: sorry to laugh......but may I remind you phine pholks of SArah's entry into sillyville? 'Twas a Tostito in the eye, and brilliant. :lol:

Part deux coming up........

Ridgewalker Contributor
Sounds great, Sarah! And YOU sound great....busy, in a wonderful way. Not rushing around with sick kids or filling yer own prescriptions. Terrific! :lol:

Yup! Right now, I'm kind of wretchedly tried, and my thoughts about this weekend look something like this: :wacko: But you're right-- it's totally in a good way!

:lol: :lol: sorry to laugh......but may I remind you phine pholks of SArah's entry into sillyville? 'Twas a Tostito in the eye, and brilliant. :lol:

Omg, you're right! :lol: I need to get some safety glasses or something!

Mtndog Collaborator
Did you know that Dole :angry: processes their dates in a facility that processes wheat?

I sure didn't since I've been snacking on them for the last week.

I can't believe I'm still playing the "what made me sick" game after all this time :blink:

For the love of Pete! :angry: (sorry PeOter--not you ;) )

Patti- POOPY PANTS!!!!!!!!! No more dates with dates. that is SO lame!

I am not sure if Dole does Craisins or not but those have made me feel sick when I would eat them....

Yes- Craisins are made by Ocean Spray. I've never had a problem with them.

How about litter boxes :rolleyes:;)

Oh DUDE- I am a litter box pro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::unsure::blink:

Lordy, I'm tired! Been cleaning most of the day. A friend dropped by with her daughters. Her older daughter is 3 1/2, and Oh... mah... gah... She and Ezra have been in love since she was born, I swear. The cuteness that occurs when they're together is indescribable!

Speaking of Ezra... he had the off of school, and we ran into a convenience store after dropping Luke off at school. I told him he could pick out a small piece of candy, and he chose this tiny little spray bottle of liquid candy (sugar.) After breakfast, I let him open it, and while we're trying to figure out how it works-- he sprayed liquid candy right into my left eye. :blink: Omg, it burned! Actually it still burns a little. <_<

Hopefully, that'll be the only injury of the day.

Got a busy weekend going... Tonight, Luke's class is putting on a song and dance routine at the PTO fundraiser festival. Tomorrow he has a b-day party to go to, and Sunday Ezra has a b-day party to go to. Wish me luck!

Ezra and his little luv sound SO cute. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ow on the liquid-candy-in-the-eyeball!!!!

And yes, good luck.

Hope y'all have a luverly weekend! And before you leave the office, you might want to reconsider Open Original Shared Link :lol: :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular
What??...like IN your new shoes AT a bbq.....no that's NOT GOOD (ew)

Yes, Nikki! POP that heinous blister in front of a crowd of friends! Hand out tarps...(are you coming up to a big flipover?)......

We simply throw on a ratty tshirt, shorts (or comfy pants/jeans) and some flip-flops.

Gaaahhhh!!! NO FLIP FLOPS for Nikki!! Haven't ya heard what grows, and festers, on her feet?! :lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor
Ezra and his little luv sound SO cute. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh I wish you guys could see them! First of all, she is gorgeous-- curly light brown hair, huge blue eyes, and her mom dresses her in kind of hippie boho clothes. They sit and talk, and arrange "dates." He understands her better than anyone, including her mom! When they left, he walked her to the car, holding hands. :wub:

Updated my av!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Gaaahhhh!!! NO FLIP FLOPS for Nikki!! Haven't ya heard what grows, and festers, on her feet?! :lol:

OMG!! I am so done with flip flops!!!

Oh I wish you guys could see them! First of all, she is gorgeous-- curly light brown hair, huge blue eyes, and her mom dresses her in kind of hippie boho clothes. They sit and talk, and arrange "dates." He understands her better than anyone, including her mom! When they left, he walked her to the car, holding hands. :wub:

So sweet :D

Updated my av!

EXCELLENT!!!.....for a minute there I thought it was 'talk like a pirate day!!!!!!!!! (MyGAWD!! :rolleyes: ...I panicked!!!)

Ok, I have made a discovery

Honey smells like wee

Yes, sillies, I just ate some corn thins with honey on them...the honey got on my hands....AND now MY HANDS SMELL OF WEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Strange but nonetheless true

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Mmmm, a sunroom :blink: ....what is that exactly????

Is it like a conservatory??? :unsure:

Does the sun always shine in the 'sunroom'??

fabulous.....must get one if it does ;)

:lol: :lol: Conservatory.........we don't call them that here, if part of a house......do we? :unsure:

OMG sillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have survived my menstrual psychosis......'twas a VERY bad case this time. Truly Jekyll and Hyde. Now back to.........normal? :lol:

but quite accident-prone lately. Let me tell you about it:

Two days ago, SOOO violently windy here (LOVED IT!!) that my front door slammed shut, wif my middle finger in it. I now have a blackened, construction worker fingernail. Really lovely.

Then, a burn from the oven on my wrist. Also lovely. Combined w/ the poison oak scabs/red marks, I look slightly leprous.

So, yesterday morning, whilst watching the very early news around 6:30, these goofball locals are giving away a fascinating-looking exercise DVD to the first person who emails. I jump up, coffee in hand, but slip on a magazine on the floor. :ph34r: I knock into the chair and coffee sloshes everywhere......so there goes my free DVD.

But the worst of all..........

Last night, Kissey is here - he's on one couch and I'm on the other (very unusual for the conjoined Kisseys) and I jump up once again, glass of pink guava nectar and orange juice in hand (thank God 'twas not red wine). So, my living room couches are facing each other, w/ a huge coffee table in between - a U-shape configuration. So, whilst I am arising from the couch, I slip on yet another magazine (am currently going through a big magazine purge).....and a slow-motion but very dramatic fall ensues. My limbs are flailing, all a-kimber.....legs go out from under me......guava juice everywhere.......and I fall dramatically to the ground, landing on my tailbone.....but not before I bear the full brunt of the impact - my left breast lands on the corner of the coffee table...... yyyYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:o :o :o

I can't even describe the pain to you..........caught my breath, landed on the floor, Kissey pulls the table away from me and rushes to my side.........so I am momentarily speechless from the pain......but within no less than 30 seconds I yell out (very Bree VandeKamp-like )- - "go get some rags!!!!!!!! OMG - there's juice all over my coffee table!!!!" :lol::blink:

and Kissey just says - - honey! - don't worry about that - you just need to sit here for a minute (he initially thought I broke my arm) :blink:

So - - today - the pain is still so intense - tail bone and breast and left rib area - body aches........but I am fortunate that nothing worse than that happened.

:huh:

Extreme klutz, here. :ph34r: I have heard that pre-menopausal women can be quite klutzy, is this true?

More later - - must eat sumfin' - - -

Ridgewalker Contributor

Dear God, Susie!!! YOU should get some safety glasses too! :blink: Just in case!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

Look at my post count..........comin' up on FOUR THOUSAND........already two small incidents w/ fluid spills yesterday..........

what more??????? :unsure:

getting my tarpaulins out..............scooping up all magazines and putting them safely in the basket...... :lol:

curlyfries Contributor
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

Look at my post count..........comin' up on FOUR THOUSAND........already two small incidents w/ fluid spills yesterday..........

what more??????? :unsure:

getting my tarpaulins out..............scooping up all magazines and putting them safely in the basket...... :lol:

I'm done with my ballcock......if you need to borrow it !!!!:P

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I'm done with my ballcock......if you need to borrow it !!!!:P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I might, haven't had a ballcock sighting in quite some time........... :lol:

curlyfries Contributor
I dunno, I was beginning to think it was me. Seems like whenever I get on, everyone disappears :huh::unsure::ph34r:

See what I mean???? One post and nobody's talkin'!!!!!! Ya'll are gonna give me a complex or sumphin! :(:(:unsure::unsure:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
See what I mean???? One post and nobody's talkin'!!!!!! Ya'll are gonna give me a complex or sumphin! :(:(:unsure::unsure:

:lol: You psilly, psilly girl. what r ya talkin' about?

but be warned.......'tis a gorjuss three-day holiday.......could get quiet around here.

MY WEE LI'L BOOBY HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

:unsure:

:lol:

okay onto other matters........

Bev, so sorry about your hellacious herx. :angry: may it be over soon, silly one....and may I say again, how much I admire your phunniness and intact sense of humoUr even whilst you're miserable.... :)

Sarah! I love the story of your Ez and his girlfriend - so cute!!!! :wub:

Nicola - POP THAT BLISTER!!!!!!!! ( I love popping things - zoigs)

JESS - get all the kitties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but ;) <------ Lefty for sure.......

I forgot what else...............

back later

curlyfries Contributor

I guess I COULD start talkin' to meself :P Well. gotta go....back later

jerseyangel Proficient
Updated my av!

Ahoy Sarah! :P Actually safety glasses might be a better idea for you ;)

Ok, I have made a discovery

Honey smells like wee

but quite accident-prone lately. Let me tell you about it:

Good God, woman!!! Glad to see you made it through PMS in one piece! :o

Look at my post count..........comin' up on FOUR THOUSAND........

Look out below....!!!!!! :lol:

4,000 posts....I remember your first post. There was a big dust-up on the board going on and a moderator had quit in the midst of it all. She and I PM'd each other during it all and she asked me to "look out for Dingogirl" since you were new and looking for information. :rolleyes:

Ah, memories B)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Right eye is in intense pain . . . I need me a pirate patch. I loaned out a jacket about a week and a half ago and got it back yesterday. Twas a bit chilly today and I've been wearing it. It donned on me that she had obviously been wearing perfume and the odor/vapors are bothering my sinuses which in turn bothers my eyes and teeth (had an xray once at the dentist and he remarked how my sinuses sit right on a coule of main nerves for my teeth/jaw/whatever) . . . arrrrggghhh . . . have taken me some arrrrrdvil and lookin' for some relief soon.

Twas another long day at school . . . library volunteer today. I need to get me a job so I can actually get paid!!! But . . . I want to take off whenever I want, be home before the kids and make lots and lots of money. Anybody got any ideas??

Patti- POOPY PANTS!!!!!!!!!

Well, that just sounds like you're calling Patti names . . . :lol::lol:

Susie, it does indeed sound like you need to de-mag your house. A mojito will make those aches feel better.

Nikki, I think mojitos work on blisters, too.

jerseyangel Proficient
Twas another long day at school . . . library volunteer today. I need to get me a job so I can actually get paid!!! But . . . I want to take off whenever I want, be home before the kids and make lots and lots of money. Anybody got any ideas??

OMG Janet--you sound exactly like me back when my boys were in school! :D I used to volunteer in the library, too.

Hope your eye feels better soon--heinous perfume :(

Darn210 Enthusiast
Hope your eye feels better soon--heinous perfume :(

Perhaps this is why I never became a perfume wearer . . . do you think Tom Ghtaughtmn and I are related?

elye Community Regular
He understands her better than anyone, including her mom! When they left, he walked her to the car, holding hands.

Oh........this is wonderful......!!!! Hallmark, but nice and real....... :wub:

Honey smells like wee

Yes, sillies, I just ate some corn thins with honey on them...the honey got on my hands....AND now MY HANDS SMELL OF WEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Hmmm....perhaps not so strange.....isn't honey really bee wee? :huh::lol:

Conservatory.........we don't call them that here, if part of a house......do we? :unsure:

Methought it was a term for bathroom, er sumphin'.....

Susie!! Ya whacked yer breast! Gads....'tis Amazonian.......

4,000 posts....I remember your first post. There was a big dust-up on the board going on and a moderator had quit in the midst of it all. She and I PM'd each other during it all and she asked me to "look out for Dingogirl" since you were new and looking for information. :rolleyes:

Ah! More forum intrigue......

Patti, what was the dust-up to which you allude? Fascinating....cloak and dagger tales....a moderator quitting, Susie's innocent yet probing questions.....

What does it mean?......................

DingoGirl Enthusiast

I remember! yes, a sad, depressed, eviscerated, broken-hearted (anyone remember Robert? thank God, he is only a memory!!!!), malnourished, weeping, confused Celiac wastrel (that would be ME, folks, not the nice moderator :lol: )........I did pm her, and she answered me back and then left the phorum for a while..........I took it as personal rejection, of course. :unsure:

Susie, it does indeed sound like you need to de-mag your house. A mojito will make those aches feel better.

Nikki, I think mojitos work on blisters, too.

:lol: Yes, mojitos all around!!!!!!!!!!! Today DOES sound like a fine day for a moe-hee-toe. Must buy white rum. ;)

Janet - your eye, too? :blink: OMG - I MUST remember not to wear perfume to any thort of Thilly Thummit!!!!! my poor sillies would be sneezing and weeping...........

Perhaps this is why I never became a perfume wearer . . . do you think Tom Ghtaughtmn and I are related?

both silly.......both love mathS..........both hate stinky things............YES!!!!!!! I think so!!!!! :P

Hmmm....perhaps not so strange.....isn't honey really bee wee? :huh::lol:

:huh::lol:is it? is it really bee wee?

Emily - hardly Amazonian, my breasts...........quite Lilliputian, actually. <_<:angry: but had I had implants, w/ last night's impact, one of them would be popped, fer sure....... :unsure:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Emily - hardly Amazonian, my breasts...........quite Lilliputian, actually. <_<:angry: but had I had implants, w/ last night's impact, one of them would be popped, fer sure....... :unsure:

Oh Yes . . . what with you approachin' 4000 and all . . . if you had implants, almost a gare-un-teeeeee that breast poppage would occur.

Archived