This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star
Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

A UNION SUIT!! :lol: What a perfect name for such an article of clothing! Sounds very pserious, and warm, and comforting . ...

The outdoor game on Jan1 was on and the playoffs get some nat'l tv, but even ESPN gave up on it and THEY air ppl PLAYING CARDS!!!!!! :blink::blink:

:lol: I know - -'Tis astonishing what can be found on the big American sports channels... . . Texas Hold-em, snooker, fishin' by the side of a river.. . ...

Actually, I saw an American sports broadcast of a bowling match not long ago - -men in their team uniforms, bowling balls with their names on them. . . . . . I could not stop watching. . . . . .. :huh::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Sillies! I am waaaaay behind, so just jumping in here........

Just had my third brand of absinthe, over at Gail's.

Glad you brought absinthe up, reminds me of something I came across recently that made me think of me Sillies:

A movie that is in pre-production called the Open Original Shared Link

Plot summary-

Paris. 1889. Isolated by the language barrier and French elitism, a tight circle of eccentric foreign artists known as "Les Absintheurs" (The Absinthe Drinkers) settle in decadent Montmartre at the height of the Impressionist movement. When the young German painter Artemisia von Rach arrives from Berlin to attend the conservative Women's Academy, the Absintheurs immediately recognize her immense talent and she is welcomed into their clique. Artemisia quickly discovers that chauvinism, bitterness and jealousy run deep within her new friends and she is soon dragged into their world of debauchery and drug addiction even as she takes on their twisted lifestyles as subject matter. As the intimate circle of friends relocates to their spiritual home of Florence, their journey descends ever deeper into the occult, opium, and murder, culminating in an unthinkable betrayal.

(notice the use of debauchery, and I particularly liked the word absintheurs :lol::lol: )

FABULOUS knockers!!!!

I am MOST excited!!! Kids back to school tomorrow!....and AT LAST t'is Twelfth Night tomorrow so The Twa shall be very busy helping me take down the tree and decorations :D

Nikki said fabulous knockers :lol:

Yay, kids back to school and all back to normal tomorrow!!

I took down Christmas yesterday (I striked it down? struck it down? as Jess would say in theatre lingo :lol: ) um, total PITA and backbreaking work, took me all day. BUT, I took the extra time to pack it away in an organized manner which will make it easier for next year so I am pleased........but would have liked some Twa help <_<

A tummy tuck and gnu gnockers in one fell swoop?? Brilliant!

:lol:

I know - -'Tis astonishing what can be found on the big American sports channels... . . Texas Hold-em, snooker, fishin' by the side of a river.. . ...

Actually, I saw an American sports broadcast of a bowling match not long ago - -men in their team uniforms, bowling balls with their names on them. . . . . . I could not stop watching. . . . . .. :huh::lol:

Just so it be known, not ALL American favor this type of "sports" programming. :lol:

I do have to say I looked up the Jr Hockey playoffs to see if they would be aired and they were. They were showed on The NHL network on digital cable.

Good to see you posting Tom!!

elye Community Regular
I do have to say I looked up the Jr Hockey playoffs to see if they would be aired and they were. They were showed on The NHL network on digital cable.

YAY! Did you hear me screaming, Jooooles? :lol:

I will definitely be searching out The Absintheurs. Wanna see it!!

Jestgar Rising Star

It's snowing! :temperedenthusiasm:

very pretty. wonder if the boots are dry yet from last time

Time to sit on the couch, under a blankie, with my glass of wine, and finish watching The Wizard of Oz.

Time for my favorite song: Open Original Shared Link

elye Community Regular

Mornin', Psillies!

Gads, this big, heinous mass transit strike is STILL going on here in Ottawa - - the union has been forced by the federal government to allow their members to vote on the last city offer by Jan. 9th......hopefully they will vote it through. Traffic is gridlocked, parents are scrambling to get their kids to school...... . . ..yuck.

Jeea-nut's back! :)

Hey! Jess... . .I think Ptaoughmghmn knows how to play that song on his gee-tar, if memory serves me. . . .....

:D

Darn210 Enthusiast

Yup . . . I'm back . . . and headed off to work. Told someone a couple of weeks ago that I would sub for her today. Sure wish I hadn't done it now . . . would rather crawl back in bed. I'm way behind on sleep.

Some family news . . . Skeeter got an expander (orthodontics thang) last Friday . . . now shlee talls lie thishl.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star
Some family news . . . Skeeter got an expander (orthodontics thang) last Friday . . . now shlee talls lie thishl.

Hmm, an expander. Can you get these for your brain? Your whole life?

flourgirl Apprentice

Mornin Psilly Peepulls! Been catching up this am. Seems there's been lots of sporting and debauchery going on of late :D

Suessie is the Kandle Orakle

Taawm plays gee-tar...how kool is that?!

Union Suits! I had one once, too (heheh). Actually I loved it. Wore it till I wore it out! :huh: 'Twas not a pretty site at that point!

Emm-n-mmm is fascinated by bowling, because they wear uniforms (it's ok.....lots of gales like men in uniform) and because they sport their names on their balls! <:snarckleface:>

"If I only had a brain"......I used to sing that to a co-worker years ago. Actually, I've been known to sing that under my breath from time to time....sometimes for myself! :lol:

Not much news here. Just wanted to say "Hey, howahyuh!" Have a great day everybody!

elye Community Regular

Hi, Tuh-reesah!

OMG........names on their balls. .. . . . . ... :lol:

And NOT yer waist, nor yer bum, thanks very much. ... . . .

:rolleyes:

MIL leaves on Wednesday. Can you believe that she is still here?

She has taken The Ripper on an outing to a couple of museums and a lunch somewhere. She was waiting for him in the car, and he walked out to the driveway wearing his bike helmet and padding, readying himself for time on the road with her at the wheel. I yelled at him and he came back inside. . . . .

Gad, I probably should have let him wear that stuff. . . .. . . ....

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

She has taken The Ripper on an outing to a couple of museums and a lunch somewhere. She was waiting for him in the car, and he walked out to the driveway wearing his bike helmet and padding, readying himself for time on the road with her at the wheel. I yelled at him and he came back inside. . . . .

Em you just make me laugh. thanks.........you are too funny

did the Ripper get home in one piece?

judy

Green12 Enthusiast

Welcome back Janet!! So the orthodontic process begineth for the Skeet and Smacks <_<

I'll take an expander for me bank account :lol:

Mornin Psilly Peepulls! Been catching up this am. Seems there's been lots of sporting and debauchery going on of late :D

Suessie is the Kandle Orakle

Taawm plays gee-tar...how kool is that?!

Union Suits! I had one once, too (heheh). Actually I loved it. Wore it till I wore it out! :huh: 'Twas not a pretty site at that point!

Emm-n-mmm is fascinated by bowling, because they wear uniforms (it's ok.....lots of gales like men in uniform) and because they sport their names on their balls! <:snarckleface:>

"If I only had a brain"......I used to sing that to a co-worker years ago. Actually, I've been known to sing that under my breath from time to time....sometimes for myself! :lol:

Not much news here. Just wanted to say "Hey, howahyuh!" Have a great day everybody!

:lol: Theresa, yer whole post cracked me up!!!!

:lol: The Ripper knew he needed to be prepared

Omgosh Em, that has been one long MIL stay

Hi Judy!!!!!!!

elye Community Regular
did the Ripper get home in one piece?

judy

He should be home in an hour or so....... . .. . ..

I wonder if she would have laughed had she seen Jack in his protective gear? I do not believe so - - 'tis not a phunny subject for her.

Nor for the many drivers/pedestrians she has undoubtedly hit.

The body shops love her, to be sure. . . . . . .... <_<

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
The body shops love her, to be sure. . . . . . .... <_<

:lol::lol::lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

Emily- LOVE love love yer av and the screaming!!!!!!!!

Jaquuie- Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to be on a jury, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Pull the GI card. Tell them you explosive diarrhea and may have to run for the bathroom without warning and could you please sit near the door?

I read this and thought- huh :huh: Pretend Susie's a soldier :wacko:

SILLIES I have discovered the most phab new shampoo - - seems to be entirely free of gluten also. It's now at Walmart, L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Phree ColoUr Care System - - sulfate/chemical/salt free, in sets of 3 (shampoo, conditioner, deep masque) marked down from $10 to $5. I read about it on MakeupAlley.com and went straight over to The Walmart. :lol: LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

(speaking of POSH, am burning large Vanilla candle here too, Nik) ;)

I just bought the SAME stuff!!!!!!!!!! Me hair feels so soft- I'm growing it out so the longer it gets the more conditioner it needs and this stuff ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Susie- your shrine to Tika sounds so beautiful :wub: :wub:

:o :o

A tummy tuck and gnu gnockers in one fell swoop?? Brilliant!

:lol: :lol: Good for her Janet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I throw my old lipsticks in my various bags and use them as lip balm. It's ok to have neon pink lips at the grocery store, isn't it? :ph34r:

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Please!!!!!!!!!

Green12 Enthusiast
I just bought the SAME stuff!!!!!!!!!! Me hair feels so soft- I'm growing it out so the longer it gets the more conditioner it needs and this stuff ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Like Scooby Doo my ears perked up when I read this, might have to get my hands on this product and try it out for meself.

Bevel, isn't your hair quite long already? How long are you aiming for?

Sillies, I have nothing funny to say :huh: ...nothing funny has happened in me life the last few days so nothing silly to share.

I have silly block :wacko:

edited to add- oh yes Em, love yer new avatar. You and S look like the most fabulous hockey fans I have ever seen!

jerseyangel Proficient

This new hair product intregued moi, also B)

Like Julie, my ears perked right up at the mention :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

:lol: :lol: :lol:

me too!

Mtndog Collaborator
Like Scooby Doo my ears perked up when I read this, might have to get my hands on this product and try it out for meself.

Bevel, isn't your hair quite long already? How long are you aiming for?

Sillies, I have nothing funny to say :huh: ...nothing funny has happened in me life the last few days so nothing silly to share.

Jules- Tickle tickle tickle :lol: That will make you psilly!

Me hair is about shoulder blade level- gonna let it go till it either doesn't look good or drives me crazy. It's thick so heavy in a pony tail 'n stuff.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

PSILLIES!!!!!

Good to see so many of you back!! :D

GADS!!! I NEED a union suit NOW!!!!!!!!!! (And some of Susie's shampoo)

Very COLD here, ..snow, ice and stuff....... the weather said minus 8 TONIGHT!!! :angry: <Don't laugh at me Canucks!!>

...bloody spent hours on the phone trying to find out what/when/IF me boiler's ever to be fixed!!!!! (no-one answers the phone :huh: )

I think *I* should stay in bed under me 'didi'....conserving energies.....occasionally sending Tel off to make hot beverages and phood ;)

flourgirl Apprentice

So, here we are with perky ears :lol: . I think I will also look for this stuff. My hair is still really dry and brittle and breaking off :angry: . It used to be so silkee-softee longee, before this terrible last dance with Celiac. Been wearing it very very short (say...did you just call me sir?), so it doesn't look so bad (please tell me it doesn't really look bad :o ). Am trying to decide lately what to do with it. Grow it? Cut it again? So it's growing by default because I can't decide!

Glad to read you all.....hope all is well in Psillyville :)

elye Community Regular

Crap, I have such pathetic, useless hair. :angry: NOTHING makes it look great, or hold a style.......'twould be truly magic if something I applied to my hair and rinsed out made it suddenly look thick and gorgeous.

Must look fer this product. . . . .. .

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Crap, I have such pathetic, useless hair. :angry: NOTHING makes it look great, or hold a style.......'twould be truly magic if something I applied to my hair and rinsed out made it suddenly look thick and gorgeous.

Must look fer this product. . . . .. .

I useEcover Chamomile dish soap for shampoo (very cheap!) And Nature's Gate henna conditioner. Seems to work quite well for me! I haven't cut my hair in two years, hardly any split ends. A bit uneven, I'll grant..... <_<

Green12 Enthusiast

Nikki is under her didi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....I think I missed what your didi is exactly, so nawt a clue what yer talkin about there :lol::lol:

(boiler troubles still??)

Stay warm!!!

All this hair talk has the blue google people working overtime, all my ads are for hair products :lol:

Oh and Em, I noticed yesterday (or the day before?) it had an ad fer HOCKEY TICKETS!!!!! They heard you loud and clear :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Nikki is under her didi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....I think I missed what your didi is exactly, so nawt a clue what yer talkin about there :lol::lol:

Which makes your first sentence really funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived