This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

tom Contributor
:lol: :lol: We're actually going to have to get quite detailed in our discussions on sauce, cuz I"m not totally comprehending..... :blink:

Hehe I do find a blanket anti-sauce stance amusing but have discovered it doesn't have the comedic potential I'd anticipated.

It still feels like it should be funny! :wacko:

Tis NOT cig time!!!!!!!!!!! Just.......try.........and.........resist.......until 10. It's only half an hour away!!!!!!!!!

Yeahhhh I was probably also wrong about the 10 o'clock thing . .. . :D

Tho it DOES feel like I got over the 1st hump.

Today really only became THE day cuz I didn't want to go buy any.

*I'M* still surprised. :o

I can't control that part that cries out "Cigtime!", but I think I'll be able to keep disobeying it.

It'll stop crying out by Friday. :)

Hey, what about that heinous book that's supposed to cure EVERYone from smoking? what is that book? will look it up......I have heard celebrities discuss it, and how heinous it was, but effective.......

There's a BOOK????!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
Ok, I'm putting a patch on tomorrow morning!!!

Well patch up & climb aboard! (remember it's a Federal Crime to tamper w/ the smoke detectors in the lavoratories)

We can DO it!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

AHOY SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ahoy? :blink: )

I have neglected you but I'M BACK :D

Ok,......the article about A's trip to Orlando in my local paper is Open Original Shared Link (A is next to Mayor in Red hat & blue T-shirt) :D

T'was rather chilly in Orlando yesterday (yes! Mummy checks the temp everyday :ph34r: )...did he have his warm fleece on?? :unsure:

I find myself constantly counting back 5 hrs thinking 'what's he doing now?' :rolleyes:

NEEAAAARRRRRGGGGG !!!!!! :blink:

Driving myself insane :lol:

GADS..it's doing wonders for my diet - lost 4 pounds this week!! ...or is that loss of brain mass?? :lol:

I am very encouraged by Phathorgmn's & Sarah's efforts (Oh no!! a Sinus transplant needed??? )

Call the CS number on the bill and explain that you forgot since it was a new account and sweetly ask if they would waive the late fee this one time. It's worth a shot--many times they will if it's the first time ;)

<snort>

Patti is clearly the master ducker and diver of all creditors ;)

If he finds his way home, don't sleep with him.

GAHHH!!!!

I salute Uncle Ray!! :lol:

I'm so far just a smoker who isn't smoking.

Fa- tormh........I will always be this

One day at a time - a bit like AA......'Today' I will NOT smoke ;)

OK - the sauce debate.

I myself don't like 'wet' food much.....prefer crispy toppings to soggy sauces :blink: .....but not as fussy as Kissey :lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Sillies!

2nd day in a row where I got to sleep on my own!!!! YEA!!!!'

My buddy is in the Final Four....please throw some votes his way, it is all over today @ 7.

Bye Sillies....must start some sort of work...blah!

elye Community Regular

Good Morning, Sillies!

Well, yesterday afternoon my DD got her new retainer fitted...I can now barely understand what she's saying. This morning, I hear: "Gab yoo bib me a bripe do shloo?", and I stare at her, like this :huh: . Then she looks at me like this :angry: , and repeats it. I'm like this :wacko: . Finally, I decipher things ("Can you drive me to school?"), and look like this :rolleyes: .

OMG.....she's wearing this hardware 24/7 for how many months?!

You know there is a way to tell, right???? Have somebody ring your doorbell. If you start clucking like a chicken, then you were hypnotized!!!!

:lol::lol:

How did you end up faring through the night, Ptaumn? I would think that the first day (or two, or three) is the toughest....I believe there is a Dummies book for quitting, and many of them are known for good, solid advice. YOU CAN DO THIS, PTAOUMEAUS!! :):)

Ok,......the article about A's trip to Orlando in my local paper is Open Original Shared Link (A is next to Mayor in Red hat & blue T-shirt)

YAY!! Great piece in the paper, Nikki! Jeez, perhaps if I could send both of my kids off to some faraway place, I'd be good for eight pounds.... <_<

OK - the sauce debate.

I myself don't like 'wet' food much.....prefer crispy toppings to soggy sauces ....but not as fussy as Kissey :lol:

Gus eats nothing saucy. Not even gravy-covered stuff. Weird in a human, but simply extraordinary in a dog, methinks.... :huh:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Just got some exciting/nice/panicking news to share . . .

A while back, I started a topic on what a sweetheart our school nurse is. Well, last fall, the local paper did it's yearly "nominate the best nurse" campaign (any kind of nurse, not just school). There was a drive at our school to send in letters of nomination for our nurse. I have now been informed that our nurse won "something". She is one of six nurses invited to be honoUred at a banquet. She is allowed to invited 9 guests to fill her table of ten. Her husband, son, and daughter are going. The school district superintendant and the principal are going. And four moms who wrote the best (read "made the selection committee cry") nomination letters (there were about 65 sent in for our gal). So . . . I've been invited to go. I've also been informed that I might be asked to speak . . . :panicfacewhatcanyourhypnotherapistdoformetom?:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

A while back, I started a topic on what a sweetheart our school nurse is. Well, last fall, the local paper did it's yearly "nominate the best nurse" campaign (any kind of nurse, not just school). There was a drive at our school to send in letters of nomination for our nurse. I have now been informed that our nurse won "something". She is one of six nurses invited to be honoUred at a banquet. She is allowed to invited 9 guests to fill her table of ten. Her husband, son, and daughter are going. The school district superintendant and the principal are going. And four moms who wrote the best (read "made the selection committee cry") nomination letters (there were about 65 sent in for our gal). So . . . I've been invited to go. I've also been informed that I might be asked to speak . . . :panicfacewhatcanyourhypnotherapistdoformetom?:

Janet very cool news!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star
Ok,......the article about A's trip to Orlando in my local paper is Open Original Shared Link (A is next to Mayor in Red hat & blue T-shirt) :D

Your mayor wears a red cape and a lace collar :blink:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Your mayor wears a red cape and a lace collar :blink:

No, Silly!!! The mayor is in the Red hat & blue T-shirt . . . that would make A wearing the red cape and a lace collar . . . it would also make him (AND Nikki) considerably older than we thought!!! :lol::lol:

elye Community Regular

So . . . I've been invited to go. I've also been informed that I might be asked to speak . . . :panicfacewhatcanyourhypnotherapistdoformetom?:

Yay! Good one, Janet!

Gotta figger out what you're gonna say.

You could start off with something like, "Well, everybody, I want to tell you all how terrific Nurse _____ has been in our school experience, but first, let me ask you something about suction cups and metal cleats".....you know--just to warm them up a bit...... :rolleyes::lol:

~alex~ Explorer
Well, yesterday afternoon my DD got her new retainer fitted...I can now barely understand what she's saying. This morning, I hear: "Gab yoo bib me a bripe do shloo?", and I stare at her, like this :huh: . Then she looks at me like this :angry: , and repeats it. I'm like this :wacko: . Finally, I decipher things ("Can you drive me to school?"), and look like this :rolleyes: .

OMG.....she's wearing this hardware 24/7 for how many months?!

:lol: Retainer induced speech impediment! It will get better. Somehow her tongue will just adjust and she'll be talking like normal in no time. Although she may find she needs to take it out for French class. I was still seeing a speech language pathologist for a mild stutter when I got my retainer and she told me I could read aloud to myself to quicken my tongue's adaption. Even without that I bet she'll be talking pretty much normal within a week.

Nikki --- very neat article about your son's big trip. Has he hit Magic Kingdom yet? I bet you can't wait to hear all about it right from him when he gets back!

Jestgar Rising Star
:lol: Retainer induced speech impediment! It will get better. Somehow her tongue will just adjust and she'll be talking like normal in no time.

Or you'll become like those parents of small children.

I hear: Ah cabba booshat. AT!!

parent's response: you want your blue shirt off? You're hot?

I hear: Ga Ga GA!

Parent's response:Ok. We'll take your blue shirt off.

ummm, yeah :ph34r:

tom Contributor

Woohoo!

Fa- tormh........I will always be this

One day at a time - a bit like AA......'Today' I will NOT smoke ;)

Hmmm! I exPECT to feel like a non-smoker pretty soon.

Not today tho - still a smoker who just isn't smoking.

It still feels like "time to light up" every few minutes.

But that's more from the Habit side.

I'm surprised I'm not feeling cravings.

No gum, no patch .. . ..did the hypnotherapy do this??? :huh:

OK - the sauce debate.

I myself don't like 'wet' food much.....prefer crispy toppings to soggy sauces :blink: .....but not as fussy as Kissey :lol:

Hehehe this reminds me of my "teaching" little Natalie the 4 basic food groups - two were Crunchy & Squishy.

Jestgar Rising Star
Hehehe this reminds me of my "teaching" little Natalie the 4 basic food groups - two were Crunchy & Squishy.

I believe 'Coffee' and 'Something Green' are the other two

elye Community Regular

parent's response: you want your blue shirt off? You're hot?

I hear: Ga Ga GA!

Parent's response:Ok. We'll take your blue shirt off.

Yep....that's about where we're at right now. By the time I get so that I can decipher what she's saying, she'll be sounding normal. With toddlers you've got a few months of de-coding....

Way to go, Ptauogmn! You're over twelve hours by now! :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
SUSIE! You got a MySpace page!!! :lol: I sent you an Add Friend request.

:lol: I caved. I don't really have a ......page though. Suppose I should actually do something about that.

So . . . I've been invited to go. I've also been informed that I might be asked to speak . . . :panicfacewhatcanyourhypnotherapistdoformetom?:

Great news!!!!!!!!! oh - except about teh speaking part. Terrifying. But yes, DO ask them about suction cups and cleats as a warmup......can't miss with that. :lol:

No, Silly!!! The mayor is in the Red hat & blue T-shirt . . . that would make A wearing the red cape and a lace collar . . . it would also make him (AND Nikki) considerably older than we thought!!!

gah :lol: :lol:

Great article Nik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG what IS Alan doing now???????????????

I believe 'Coffee' and 'Something Green' are the other two

yes, but what about SUGAR?

tom Contributor
How did you end up faring through the night, Ptaumn? I would think that the first day (or two, or three) is the toughest....

I've always heard 3 for the physical addiction to subside.

It's remarkaby easy so far.

Starting the all-out strict anti-candida diet was a LOT harder!!!!!

I'll tell ya what else is surprising - I expected to be a little grouchy about it. But it's all smiles'n'giggles 'round here. :lol:

I *do* still have that one part of the brain calling out "CIGTIME!" quite regularly, and some other part chiming in about the habitual ones - just took a lil walk & of course I used to ALWAYS light up once I hit the sidewalk. (I do love my triple-wide sidewalks :P )

It really hasn't been hard at all to resist .. . .now it seems 'resist' is too strong a word.

I don't see any serious obstacles from here on out. :) :) ;)

(Better not have just jinxed myself!!!)

YAY!! Great piece in the paper, Nikki! Jeez, perhaps if I could send both of my kids off to some faraway place, I'd be good for eight pounds.... <_<

I like "good for eight pounds" as a song title.

. . . :panicfacewhatcanyourhypnotherapistdoformetom?:

Yay :D & ack! :ph34r:

:lol:

~alex~ Explorer

I'd been pondering the suction cup vs. metal cleats shoe question and kept going back and forth. But earlier today, when I took Orwell for a walk, I accidentally stepped on his little paw. He let out the most heartbreaking little yelp -- I almost wanted to cry. So no metal cleats for me, for health and safety purposes. I'm not sure dog ownership is for me if every little yelp and whimper makes my heart hurt. And on that note, what about kids. How can you deal with seeing your kids hurt or sick? Doesn't it just make your heart hurt TOO MUCH??? Jack's big shoe question has got me thinking of some other big questions. :huh:

Ridgewalker Contributor
I've always heard 3 for the physical addiction to subside.

It's remarkaby easy so far.

Starting the all-out strict anti-candida diet was a LOT harder!!!!!

I'll tell ya what else is surprising - I expected to be a little grouchy about it. But it's all smiles'n'giggles 'round here. :lol:

GAH! Maybe I need to see a hypnotherapist. <_<

Ridgewalker Contributor
How can you deal with seeing your kids hurt or sick? Doesn't it just make your heart hurt TOO MUCH???

Yes.

tom Contributor

Correction: I would LOVE to smoke right now!!

<not gonna do it>

Darn210 Enthusiast
Correction: I would LOVE to smoke right now!!

<not gonna do it>

Keep your hands busy, tom!!!! . . . Go polish practice your instrument or sumfin.

elye Community Regular

...And no absinthe yet? Zounds!

I don't see any serious obstacles from here on out. :):);)

(Better not have just jinxed myself!!!)

Ptaougmn!! You must find some wood post haste and knock on it!!

Jack's big shoe question has got me thinking of some other big questions. :huh:

Me, too! Like how does my little son come up with things such as this? How? Why? :lol:

GAH! Maybe I need to see a hypnotherapist. <_<

Sarah!! You should try it! Nothing to lose except yer bad lungs! <_<;):lol:

Keep your hands busy, tom!!!! . . . Go polish practice your instrument or sumfin.

Yeah, Ptaougmn...go play the hell outta that sax.....

Jestgar Rising Star
Me, too! Like how does my little son come up with things such as this? How? Why? :lol:

Of all the questions that have been raised or hinted at on this thread, the one about how does your son come up with totally abstract questions is not one that has ever occurred to me.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I'd been pondering the suction cup vs. metal cleats shoe question and kept going back and forth. But earlier today, when I took Orwell for a walk, I accidentally stepped on his little paw. He let out the most heartbreaking little yelp -- I almost wanted to cry. So no metal cleats for me, for health and safety purposes. I'm not sure dog ownership is for me if every little yelp and whimper makes my heart hurt. And on that note, what about kids. How can you deal with seeing your kids hurt or sick? Doesn't it just make your heart hurt TOO MUCH??? Jack's big shoe question has got me thinking of some other big questions. :huh:

OMG - - I am quite sure that THIS is why God has not allowed me to marry and have kids, cause if I marry now, it'll be too late. mygawd.........even when I took Annie for her teeth cleaning I was a TOTAL mess. And after they've had surgery, with a deep, stitched gash or something - tumoUr removal, whatever - I practically need to be sedated. :huh: I don't know how parents can be parents and just function in the world.....send the kids off to school and stuff like that.........you jsut have to have massive trust and let it all go.

Watchign my Stinker go through her chemo treatments - - OMG. She was the most stoic and noble dog....sat in their completely silently, watching everything going on around her, her beautiful and solemn brown eyes taking it all in as she sat w/ an IV in her arm for up to half a day while other whiny baby dogs screeched and yelped. :( I wasn't really allowed back there....but we had to go every week for a while......it nearly did me in, FAR harder on the mommy than the dog.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh I miss my beautiful girl.........her quizzical smile, head tilt, bright, inordinately intelligent eyes and anticipatory, gentle (or spiral/helicopter) tail wag for just about anything......even in her most weakened state. *sniff* :( What a girl she was.

OMG - yes, IS Tom absinthed, with all his giggling? :lol: and NO massive desire to smoke!!!!!!! OMG! that is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and speaking of Absinthe - I finished off the last of our bottle last night. Never once saw the phaerie. :angry: Alas, spilled most of the last glass all over coffee table, which resulted in a frantic and mad cleaning and oiling the table last night. This all happened whilst Kissey was, er, indisposed (you'd think he's celiac w/ all his bathroom time) and, when he came out, it was all cleaned up, so I denied it. The huge waft of anise in the air, my amused shrieking and the piles of rags rather gave me away...... :lol:

SArah, YES! a hypnotherapist!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

mygawd, stomach is quite upset today and there's really stinky suspicious poop. Is it the big pot of chili? zoigs. I loved it. :(

Archived