This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

dlp252 Apprentice

Like a dutiful cult member who always follows her cult founder's commands, I put snowflake on over my pots and pans when I got home. :lol: Why does that just sound so wrong. :P Anyway, I am still not yet convinced that it isn't too dark, but it wasn't as dark as I thought it would be and looked quite nice actually. :P

So has anyone figured out if getting the custom kits is more economical than a la carte items??

Has anyone been a good little obsessed cult member and calculated that out?!?!

Um, I did. :lol: Is anyone surprised that I have?! I actually put the items in my cart separately, including brushes, then did them all as part of a kit. Worked out to be cheaper, depending on what all you want. B)

umm, big containers are all around $10, as are the brushes, so as long as you don't waste cour custom kits on small sizes or lip gloss you come out ahead (dad's a financial guy. I felt compelled to check this before ordering anything).

Yeah, what she said.

So what is tomorrow? It's casual Friday isn't it? Maybe I will branch out and go for fancy friday or floozy friday. I need to know in advance so I can lay out my facial palate for tomorrow. :P

I may do froggy Friday and wear green so I can try my green eyeshadows, lol.

or

Perhaps floozy Friday and wear snowflake, pink ribbon, and silver spoon all as eyeshadows.

I vote for flashy friday and we all have to wear an glimmer eyeshadow, i love the sparkles

You know, I'm not finding the eyeshadows very shimmery, lol. I think there is something defective about my eyes...snowflake too dark, glimmery eyeshadow not glimmering... :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular
I

You know, I'm not finding the eyeshadows very shimmery, lol. I think there is something defective about my eyes...snowflake too dark, glimmery eyeshadow not glimmering... :o

You must not have ginger peach or diary they are full of shimmer. I love the ginger peach, I cant wait to get the rest of the shimmers, ughhh when will they put up a new deal, i want to order.

paula

Green12 Enthusiast

Paula, I have Thank You. It's a really pretty rose, raspberry color (gosh, I am terrible at describing colors, it's very pretty!)

I have to admit I am feeling ok about the special not being announced yet. I totally didn't get my hopes up, I was just cool, calm, and collected all day, nonchalant even. I told myself, they're not going to change it, and they didn't! So all is good.........

CHANGE THE SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mango04 Enthusiast

I just got my Aubrey Nicole stuff. Hmmm....I don't think EM has much to worry about. Most of the foundations instantly turn bright orange on my face (even" fairest light cool"). I found one that kind of works, but it accentuates my pitted scars, so I don't really understand the point of it.

They did send me two free blush samples and (oh no) I really like one of them. It's called dusty rose and it's almost a dead ringer for Nars O on my face.

Hmph, well that's that. Back to the EM site to fill up my cart :rolleyes:

Joni63 Collaborator
You must not have ginger peach or diary they are full of shimmer. I love the ginger peach, I cant wait to get the rest of the shimmers, ughhh when will they put up a new deal, i want to order.

paula

I looooooooooove ginger peach. I had it on when I wore my black pumps, lol.

I have to admit I am feeling ok about the special not being announced yet. I totally didn't get my hopes up, I was just cool, calm, and collected all day, nonchalant even. I told myself, they're not going to change it, and they didn't! So all is good.........

LOL! :lol: I've tried to be patient today too. Even fooled myself into believing I was....HAH!

What are they thinking? Are they just waiting for the EM cult members to email them so they know we are waiting for the new special and they can make it a crappy one???????? We have to play it cool this time. We can do this.... :blink:

I just got my Aubrey Nicole stuff. Hmmm....I don't think EM has much to worry about. Most of the foundations instantly turn bright orange on my face (even" fairest light cool"). I found one that kind of works, but it accentuates my pitted scars, so I don't really understand the point of it.

They did send me two free blush samples and (oh no) I really like one of them. It's called dusty rose and it's almost a dead ringer for Nars O on my face.

Hmph, well that's that. Back to the EM site to fill up my cart :rolleyes:

I hate to admit it, but I'm kind of glad it wasn't a huge hit. I don't know what I would do if I had to worry about filling carts in 2 places. :unsure:

Green12 Enthusiast

Like Joni, I'm actually kind of relieved!

Whew!!

I don't know if I could handle another make up company obsession.

This one keeps me busy enough :lol:

LOL! :lol: I've tried to be patient today too. Even fooled myself into believing I was....HAH!

What are they thinking? Are they just waiting for the EM cult members to email them so they know we are waiting for the new special and they can make it a crappy one???????? We have to play it cool this time. We can do this.... :blink:

Yes, well at this hour I am starting to crack, they should have changed it by now!

What do we do? This is new and totally unfamiliar......

Paula, I have Thank You. It's a really pretty rose, raspberry color (gosh, I am terrible at describing colors, it's very pretty!)

I

Julie,

Thanks for letting me know, it looked pretty on the page but wasnt sure. I alwasy figured if it was too birghti could toneit down with another color lol.

I dont think the special will every change, i bet they have anout new car smell to last months lol

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I looooooooooove ginger peach. I had it on when I wore my black pumps, lol.

I bey u were smokin hot in the ginger peach and black pumps, i so need to get shoes to go with my new makeup to, my dog chewed all of them this summer, well of course he only chewed one of each pair of shoes and boots that i had.

paula

Green12 Enthusiast

Ladies, I have come away from the EM community boards with a wealth of information!

I spent the last 10-15 minutes reading through some of the threads and there are so many great tips. How do they know all this stuff?!?!? :huh:

:lol:

An interesting tidbit:

If your pores are large, apply tinted Silk Dust first, then your foundation on top of that, blush, and so on.

Mango04 Enthusiast
Ladies, I have come away from the EM community boards with a wealth of information!

I spent the last 10-15 minutes reading through some of the threads and there are so many great tips. How do they know all this stuff?!?!? :huh:

An interesting tidbit:

If your pores are large, apply tinted Silk Dust first, then your foundation on top of that, blush, and so on.

Oh how funny! I randomly tried that this morning. It works well :D

Joni63 Collaborator

Julie, looks like you found something positive to do...peruse the EM boards! Good move!

I dont think the special will every change, i bet they have anout new car smell to last months lol

paula

I was thinking the same thing myself.

I bey u were smokin hot in the ginger peach and black pumps, i so need to get shoes to go with my new makeup to, my dog chewed all of them this summer, well of course he only chewed one of each pair of shoes and boots that i had.

paula

I don't know how I really looked, but it felt nice to be dressed in something other than sweats, lol!

My almost one year old dog has done a number on our shoes and slippers too. Gotta love 'em, but it's so much nicer once they get past that chewing stage!

Very neat, I have the TSD and will try this today!!! Thanks, Julie!

Well, ladies I have so much shopping today...Groceries at 2 stores and I told my daughter I'd take her to Walmart to get some warm boots and thermals. We will be out selling Girl Scout cookies tonight and it's 20*F right now. I'm shivering already!

Oh, and I talked to my hair dresser yesterday...she told me to go ahead and put in the color myself and she will tell me how it looks and if I need a lighter/darker color and then she's highlighting it. I haven't done it yet, but will soon.

cruelshoes Enthusiast

There is no new special. There will never be a new special. :( Do you think they are waiting to do a new special until they unveil the new website they keep posting news about?

Hoping against hope, I put together a new eyeshadow sampler last night:

Thank You

Hot Chocolate

Wild Flowers

Pots and Pans

Emerald Eyeliner

Ping Pong

Starry Eyed

To Do List

Mystic Night

Floating Feathers

Any body have Veranda blush? I like the description and want to put it into my next sampler kit. Honestly, I wish it was 3 blushes and 1 foundation in the sampler kit.

dlp252 Apprentice

Ugg, so much for getting up EARLIER to put on my makeup, lol. I slept late, BUT in true cult-like fashion, I skipped shaving my legs to I would have time for makeup. :lol: TMI? I think not! :lol: I also skipped taking my MULTITUDE of vitamins this morning...heck, that alone saved me 5-10 minutes. :P

What's new for today: I used my long handled kabuki to put on my foundation (up to now I've been using it for blush only)...it was nice and clean since I washed my brushes this weekend, so I decided to give it a try with foundation. Worked GREAT! I LOVE that little brush!

Eye shadow...Good China (my fav so far) as a base, and SNOWFLAKE near the lash line and in the crease and as a liner. I'm wearing a pretty lilac crocheted jacket...note to self...MUST find LILAC tennies! :lol: Oh, and lilac lip gloss. :lol:

Nope...diary is in the order IN MY STUPID CART! :lol: Ginger Peach might be in the next order IF THEY WILL EVER CHANGE THE SPECIAL. :lol:

So all is good.........

Noooooo, something is rotten in Texas!!! They haven't changed it YET!!! Bah!

Hmmm....I don't think EM has much to worry about.

Phew! Cult calmness....phew.

Hum...maybe you're on to something...seems like every time we "complain" about something magically happens to "fix" whatever it was we complained about....those ladies with the gianormous screens must monitor this thread...

I'm really scared! :lol:

I LOVE those boards...I've been reading them every day!

Oh, and I talked to my hair dresser yesterday...she told me to go ahead and put in the color myself and she will tell me how it looks and if I need a lighter/darker color and then she's highlighting it. I haven't done it yet, but will soon.

Oh...you know, this is a great idea. I'm going to ask my hairdresser if I can put the dark in myself and just have her highlight!!!!! Yay, that will save me money! She never gets my dark dark enough to suit me. It may because at my age I would have greying hair, so the stark dark wouldn't look natural, but it could be a little darker! This way I can put the shade I WANT in and she can highlight!

dlp252 Apprentice
Any body have Veranda blush? I like the description and want to put it into my next sampler kit. Honestly, I wish it was 3 blushes and 1 foundation in the sampler kit.

I haven't tried Veranda YET...it's been in one or another of my kits a few times...it got kicked out again for another color, but I think I should put it back in. I kept trying the pinks trying to find my perfect one, and I think I found it in Pink Ribbon...I need one with more lavendar now...

Hum, off to peruse my shopping cart AGAIN, lol.

Joni63 Collaborator
Oh...you know, this is a great idea. I'm going to ask my hairdresser if I can put the dark in myself and just have her highlight!!!!! Yay, that will save me money! She never gets my dark dark enough to suit me. It may because at my age I would have greying hair, so the stark dark wouldn't look natural, but it could be a little darker! This way I can put the shade I WANT in and she can highlight!

That's a good idea Donna. Money saved at the hairdresser can add up to money to spend at EM! Yay!

My hairdresser is awesome. She even tells me what products to buy at Walmart that will do the same things as the ones they sell and at much cheaper prices.

Well, I'm off...maybe when I check in later we will be lucky enough to have a NEW SPECIAL up!!!

ewalton Newbie

I've been a lurking cult member but decided to speak up.

You all got me hooked back around page 10- and I never ever wore makeup before! This is crazy but so much fun. I'm going so crazy over the no-new-special thing! I have a cart full of stuff just *waiting*.

My favorite thing has definitely been playing with the eyeshadows- I got the mini eyeshadow kit in my first order and got a few others in my second. So far I've discovered I can't wear the black eyeliner, but purple and green eyeshadow look great with my blue eyes!

And now I want a nice new haircut...and maybe some earrings....I'm turning all girly, it's so weird. But fun :)

-Em

Joni63 Collaborator

You all got me hooked back around page 10- and I never ever wore makeup before! This is crazy but so much fun. I'm going so crazy over the no-new-special thing! I have a cart full of stuff just *waiting*.

My favorite thing has definitely been playing with the eyeshadows- I got the mini eyeshadow kit in my first order and got a few others in my second. So far I've discovered I can't wear the black eyeliner, but purple and green eyeshadow look great with my blue eyes!

And now I want a nice new haircut...and maybe some earrings....I'm turning all girly, it's so weird. But fun :)

-Em

Hi Em and welcome! Glad you finally joined in, you've been holding out on us!

I love the eyeshadows too. Funny thing is, I've worn eye shadow every day since I got EM and I know it's more than I ever wore it my entire life before. It's been fun! I'm enjoying the girly-ness too.

What are your favorites?

Hey ladies, I figured out why the new special isn't up yet. Carina is in New York so everyone working at EM is not really working very hard, lol. You know the old while the cat's away deal...

Mango04 Enthusiast
Hum...maybe you're on to something...seems like every time we "complain" about something magically happens to "fix" whatever it was we complained about....those ladies with the gianormous screens must monitor this thread...

Okay, now I'm picturing that room full of speed-packer women, surrounded by ginormous screens that display various posts of this thread :lol::lol:

They probably saw that I ordered something from the competition and decided to seek revenge by delaying the special LOL.

**I didn't like the competition! Their make-up is cr@p! Please post the new special!!!! ***

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
... because at my age I would have greying hair, ...

I just loved the phrasing here. It implies so much

....if I weren't so naturally gifted with beautiful hair

...if I weren't rich enough to remain looking like I'm 28

...if I didn't wear a dead raccoon as a hairpiece

you could fill in anything and it still works!

Mango04 Enthusiast

ooooh a secret cult member! How exciting!

Glad you popped in to join us :D

dlp252 Apprentice

Hi Em! Welcome to the crazy make-up cult thread...Hey, is it a coincidence that your name is EM and you love EM makeup, lol?!!! I didn't wear makeup (only on Sundays) until this thread popped up into my life, lol.

Hey ladies, I figured out why the new special isn't up yet. Carina is in New York so everyone working at EM is not really working very hard, lol. You know the old while the cat's away deal...

Slackers!

**I didn't like the competition! Their make-up is cr@p! Please post the new special!!!! ***

dlp252 Apprentice

This was so quote-worthy, I just had to do it again. :lol:

....if I weren't so naturally gifted with beautiful hair

Ain't NOTHING natural about this hair, lol.

...if I weren't rich enough to remain looking like I'm 28

Nope, definitely...none of this fits, lol

:lol: Just repeating myself cuz it's dang funny

dlp252 Apprentice

Accckkkk! The special box is gone completely...

Could it be...

Might it be....

Or is this just another FAKE OUT! :P

Mango04 Enthusiast
Accckkkk! The special box is gone completely...

Could it be...

Might it be....

Or is this just another FAKE OUT! :P

haha I just came to post the same thing. I think we're making progress now (they must have seen my post about not liking the other stuff I tried :lol::lol: )

dlp252 Apprentice

See...that's what I'm talking about...we say stuff here and stuff happens! :lol:

Archived