This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ma Uno's Now Have gluten-free Pizza!

mrg8610

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

So anybody been gltuened by any of these pizzas?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NWLAX36Mom Rookie

Not me! :D

munkee41182 Explorer
Where in MA do you live Jami? I live in Seabrook, NH and all the grocery stores up here carry Redbridge now including of all places Wal-Mart. I drink hard liquor mostly so beer isn't a must or anything, but you'd be hard pressed to find my fridge without Redbridge in it lol, the stuff is so good, I honestly like it better than some of the beers I used to drink and that's no joke. Anyways, you can also look on the Redbridge site and they have a list of places in your area that carry it, although I found a few times for this not to be true. I think all the Kappy Liquors carry it from past experience in MA and there was a liquor store in Rowley that had it so I think it's pretty popular at least on the North Shore.

I actually live in Lowell - Seabrook might be a little too far for me (unless we decide to go to the beach) but I'll start checking Walmarts in Nashua since that's not too far of a drive for me.

I usually do drink hard liquor too, but every so often, I just want a beer.

munkee41182 Explorer
Not me! :D

Not me either :D

I'm actually excited for this weekend - We're doing Uno's pizza and sushi for dinner :D I :wub: date nights!

Amyleigh0007 Enthusiast

I ate at Uno's on Monday and had the gluten free cheese pizza. It was okay and I did not get sick but I can't say the same for my poor son. The staff at the location I went to still has a lot to learn about gluten free food. Our waitress brought out a hamburger with a bun for my son (who has Celiac). When I told her to make a new one without a bun she said the bun was gluten free. After my son took a bite she quickly took it away from him to "double check". Of course, it was not gluten free. If a restaurant is going to serve gluten free specialty food and bring in people who require a gluten free diet then they need to make sure the staff is fully trained.

stolly Collaborator

We went to Uno's in North Wales, PA, tonight to try the pizza. DD3 is the celiac in our home, but she wanted a kids' cheeseburger, which she really enjoyed. They knew not to send it out with a bun, the server talked about preventing cc with us. I am not gluten-free, but I ordered the pizza because I was so curious and I thought DD might want to try it. The pizza was ok...the half with pepperoni was better. The crust was dry and crumbly and I would have enjoyed more sauce and cheese, but I think it's great that Uno's sees the importance of offering a gluten free menu. The only gluten-free dessert is vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, so I did write on the comment card that it would be great to see more gluten-free dessert options. DH got something what wasn't gluten-free. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner.

mesmerize Apprentice

OH I'm so excited that the Pennsylvania locations seem to have the gluten free pizza now too! I have a friend in Boston who came down here to visit me, and he brought me TWO glorious Uno's pizzas! I was just ecstatic. I ate half of one for breakfast because I just couldn't wait any longer. I think they taste/texture/everything are just perfect. The crust has so much flavor, I definitely wasn't expecting that. And just the right amount of cheese and sauce. I think I'm going to be addicted to these.

THANK YOU UNO'S!!! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

munkee41182 Explorer

Oh and Uno's now sells Redbridge beer. Now we can go out for pizza and beer!

I've noticed that a lot of places outside the northeast aren't as educated with gluten-free living/Celiac. Visiting my ILs in CO, they had made an orzo salad. I asked a bunch of times if it was gluten-free (I've never seen gluten-free orzo). Yes yes yes...yes it is they kept telling me. They had gotten it frmo the whole foods out there. Well, 4 hours late, I looked 6 months pregnant (I don't get ill, but I get the buddah belly). I think if a manager is willing to learn something, he should really talk to his gluten-free customers. It might be worth while to try if it's a restaurant that you like to frequent often.

happygirl Collaborator
So anybody been gltuened by any of these pizzas?

Nope - and it was absolutely delicious.

misspixiestix Newbie

Hello! I'm happy to report that the Uno's in Columbia, Maryland also has gluten-free pizza! I googled for gluten free pizza in Maryland and was surprised to find that multiple locations have the gluten free pizza (as well as several other menu items).

I called the local Uno's to check and the man that answered the phone told me that they brief all the cooks and servers at the beginning of the day on gluten free procedures and menu items. He said they are very careful to keep gluten-free items away from the other food. I'm so excited to eat pizza at a "normal" restaurant.

For those of you that live in areas with Uno's Chicago Grill, call and check because it looks like all of their locations may have it now.

GFLisa Newbie

We went to the Unos in Raleigh last night and had a great experience. Each of my kids had the gluten-free Pepperoni pizza (they could have shared one, but we're heating up the left overs right now) and loved it. They were thrilled to actually go out for pizza. I ordered the gluten-free Mahi Mahi and it pretty good, a little over cooked, but that's likely anywhere. So far, no one had any reactions to anything we had. I was a little nervous because our server was new, but the trainer was on top of everything. We'll definitely be going back. :)

maddycat Contributor

I just tried Uno's gluten-free pizza for the first time today in Madison, WI. It was a pretty good experience. I was surprised at how big the pizza was- probably about 10"-11"! However, I thought it was a little undercooked, it was soggy in parts and the crust crumbled apart (it could not be picked up). However it tasted good and it was nice to be able to go out to a real restaurant for pizza. I did tell the manager about my experience and he took $5 off the bill. I think next time I will ask that the pizza be cooked for another couple minutes.

I reheated my leftovers for dinner tonight in the toaster oven and it was better cooked a little longer.

Marcia

Archived