19 replies to this topic

#16 Smylinacha

Smylinacha

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Me too....major night drenches for the last 5 years and 3.5 weeks going gluten free they are going away. I accidentally got glutened on my mother in law's chicken soup on Sunday and the sweats came back and I was couch bound all day with chills and a backache and a rash Sunday night through Monday.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

I didn't get the night sweats UNTIL AFTER going gluten-free. It was happening during the crazy beginner's roller coaster ride that most of us seem to go through at the start. It seems to me that my body went through hell those first few months. My period stopped. I thought maybe I was hitting menopause. However, everything has returned to normal. No menopause. No night sweats. Maybe it was the withdrawals people talk about. I wasn't aware of feeling like I was in withdrawal from gluten since it made me so sick when I ingested it. Anything feels better than that! Maybe I was so confused (very!) that the withdrawals were hard to distinguish apart from everything else. Anyway, my body seems to have normalized where those are concerned.

I hope this happens for you.

Cali
Last glutening: 12/28/13 (long time FOR ME!)
April 2014: no more reintroducing foods, not rocking the boat, no studying (except during insomnia)
March 2014: Reintroducing intolerant foods. Yolks & banana are a "no". Dairy NO
Year 2: Mental clarity improving. Hello to normalcy.
October 2013: Functional Medicine doc ref to cardiologist for possible sick sinus syndrome (deadline May)
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
January2013: Dairy-Free, Soy-free
November 2012: Gluten-Free
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope

#18 herring_gull

herring_gull

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

Guys.

I used to get really bad night sweats as in a really soaking t shirt, bed sheets and then waking with a sore throat and a smell that would be banned under the Geneva Convention (the smell both repulsed and interested me at the same time). Lord have mercy it were right bad.

It turns out I am allergic to fresh milk or rather one of its ingrediants. I know this only because of self~trial~by~error~diagnosis.

I can even remember how it first started. Moved house and I had to move 100s of heavy boxes all that exersion. The first thing I ate afterwards was a brand of cereal and lashings of milk I think that were the trigger.

#19 eers03

eers03

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

Been there.  It was very temporary though and haven't had them since going gluten-free.

Diagnosis 11/2012

#20 MChase

MChase

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

I've had night sweats since I can remember (earliest age I remember is being around 6 or 7). They were so bad, I ended up keeping my bedroom really cold so that it wouldn't be so bad.  I have had boyfriends in the past tell me that in the middle of the night, my skin feels like it is on fire.  I have been to several Drs about it... hormones are okay, allergist said it isn't from allergies.  I've been gluten free for approximately 10 weeks and they are gone.   I also suffered from waking up with a swollen tongue.  That is gone too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: