Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What Do You Eat?

8 posts in this topic

Just realized, with a bunch of us together, maybe we can help each other find safe food or share brands that we use regularly. :-)

So, again, starting off.

What works for us:

Field Day Mediterranean sea salt

Bariani Olive oil

Ancient Harvest Quinoa - in the 25 pound bags - grain for the 1 pound boxes are shipped to the USA and packaged here. The 25 pound bags are shipped straight from Bolivia.

What we're checking out:

Some beans ordered online from Rancho Gordo

Nuts in the shell, ordered online from anuts.com

Madhava agave nectar (makes me feel a little off, but might be okay for my daughter)

And that's it, really. Everything else is fresh food from our garden, local farmers, or local ranches.

It's taken us a little over a year to get here, and I'm still screwing it up a bit, because I am not sure all the time what's safe for us. My daughter may have some fructose issues (which will kill all agave nectar hopes, obviously). I might have a couple intolerances on top of allergies. We still get reactions, even on the above diet, where we only eat food from our own kitchen.

But it's slowly improving, so at least it seems to be going in the right direction. :)

Ads by Google:

Mission Corn Chips and Corn Tortillas are great! They have never made me sick and I am super sensitive.

Cerulean Seas Sea Salt

Filippo Berio Olive Oils

Land O Lakes Butter

Fage Yogurt

Cabot Cheeses

Lara Bars

Rice Works Chips

Tazo Awake Tea

Enrico Pasta Sauce

Tinkayda Pasta

Lundberg Rices

Springtree Maple Syrup

Gluten Free Pantry mixes without tapioca

Some Glutino--without soy or legume protein

Enjoy Life Chocolate chips

Argo Cornstarch

Ener-g Potato Starch

Meats/poultry/some fruit/veggies (except legumes)/potatoes

Organicville Ice Creams

In addition to being gluten free, I also cannot tolerate tapioca and millet, and have anaphylactic allergies to dairy, eggs, nuts, red meat and mustard:

Maldon sea salt

Unio olive oil

Silk soy milks and yogurts

Rice Chex

Glutino pretzels

EnerG pretzels

Schar rolls and baguettes

Enjoy life cookies, bars, chocolate chips

EnerG flours

'Cause You're Special flours

Cape Cod Robust Russet potato chips

Della rice

Wolff's buckwheat products

Tinkyada pasta

Pomi chopped and strained tomatoes

San J sauces

Bonne Maman jam

Jif peanut butter

Santa Cruz Organics applesauces and juices

Sugar in the Raw

Sunmaid dried fruit

The Republic of Tea teas

Redbridge beer

Woodchuck cider

Sunnybrook Farms ground turkey meat (plain only, not Italian Seasoned)

Pork products and poultry from Whole Foods meat counter

Fresh fruits and vegetables galore

What a Great topic! I still consider myself a newbie (18 months gluten free), but I've learned the hard way that I can't eat a lot of processed foods and I'm wondering if I do have a corn sensitivity also. I'm still working on that one... ;)

Giant Eagle (fresh) Chicken, Beef and Pork.

Fresh veggies and fruit

Filippo Berio Olive Oils

Walmart (Great Value) Butter

Walmart (Great Value)Cheeses

Walmart (Great Value)Potatoe Flakes

Lara Bars

Lays Stax chips

Lipton Tea bags Tea

Bertolli Pasta Sauce

Tinkayda Pasta

Minute Rices

2 Glutino cerals - Apple and Cinnamin & Honey and Nut (can only eat once a week)

Ponco Cream of Buckwheat hot cereal

Argo Cornstarch

Ener-g Potato Starch

Edy's Ice Creams

Silk soy yogurt

Silk Almond milk

Glutino pretzels

Glutino choclate covered pretzels -Are the Best!

San J sauces (once in a while)

Jif peanut butter

Smuckers Jelly - use grape and strawberry

Udi's Bread -Brown & White

Splenda

Popweaver microwave popcorn

Jello

Betty Crocker Devil's food cake mix

Kraft Miracle whip

Kraft Ranch dressing

Delallo Sweet italian dressing -so good!

Heinz ketchup

Lactaide milk

Imagaine Tomatoe Soup (when I make stuffed cabbages only)

Glutino crackers (not every day)

Bumble Bee Tuna -light

Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pastas & Tradional

*McCormick seasonings, but don't use the mixed variations too often and I'm wondering if I could find other seasonings that might be safer.

sorry ... i realize this is a really old thread, but i am trying to find out if anuts.com has cross contamination issues.  the OP said they were checking it out ... and so am i.

i emailed anuts.com asking about gluten contamination and was told this in my first email:

-------- Great question. I did a simple internet search on peanuts and they are gluten free. The roasted in shell peanuts are dry roasted so nothing is added to them.

i responded and asked the gentlemen - specifically - if the peanuts were processed on equipment that also processes wheat.  this is his reply:

---------- You will be buying them in bulk. That is how we sell them. So we use a scoop (that is washed) and we scoop the nuts into a zip lock bag. We do have dairy in our plant (and of course other nuts) but no wheat.

so i am no closer to getting an answer and they seem to be pretty clueless.  they also sell trail mix and flavored popcorns.  in my experience there is a high risk of cross contamination.

i have gotten glutened from ordering supposedly gluten free nuts from nuts.com so am very leery of placing an order with anuts.com.    

has anyone gotten a straight answer from anuts.com or spoken to anyone from there that really understands the issue?

Planter's. If there is any gluten they will be labeled. If they are processed in a facility that also processes gluten containing grains, it will be labeled. I eat their cashews and cocktail peanuts all the time.

I had communications with anuts in which they said that their facility if gluten free.  I looked at the ingredients in their trail mixes and flavored popcorn and I didn't see any gluten.  Your post does not specifically state that your contamination issues are with gluten only.  For extra assurance, you can buy in shell nuts.