#16 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Caprese Salad
Shaved asparagus with shaved Parmesan, toasted pine nuts, crumbled goat cheese and shallot vinaigrette
Roasted baby potato salad with crispy capers and caramelized onion
Endive, roasted pear and gorgonzola with a grapefruit vinaigrette
Roasted figs, goat cheese, toasted walnuts and honey vinaigrette with prosciutto and melons
Spinach salad with warm pancetta vinaigrette and toasted almonds
Shaved cucumbers with a soy, mirin, miso, etc. vinaigrette and Thai red chile pepper
The ubiquitous feta, watermelon and fresh mint salad but it is superb with alleppo pepper if you can find it (or even sumac).
Arugula, grilled nectarines, lardons, toasted nuts of some sort with buttermilk dressing.
Strawberry, mango and blueberry salad with poppyseed lime honey.

I never, ever purchase salad dressings or vinaigrettes just because they are so easy to make, taste far better and you know what is in them. But then my stash of vinegars alone is nearly 30 kinds. I teach classes on vinaigrettes and dressings alone!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Junior Chef

Junior Chef

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

So for lunch today I had spinach with dried cranberries, raisins, chopped apples, pomegranate, and a Dijon vinaigrette. Oh, my--I think I'm hooked. It was so good! I made my mom try some (she put romaine on hers), and she liked it too. I'm so proud of myself for eating plain spinach. :)

#18 msmini14

msmini14

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

My hubby and I love salads and I guess I would call this a garbage disposal salad since I put everything in it.

Black Beans
Canned beets
Shredded cheese
Cucumber
Red Bell Pepper
Mushrooms
Tomato
Avacado
1 boiled egg (per salad)
2 pieces of turkey bacon
Red Onion
The white part of green onions (hubby loves these)

I no longer include lettuce with this salad. I started to pick out all of the lettuce lol, so I stopped buying it.

Gluten Free going on 5 years and counting!

gluten-free is a life change and not a diet.

#19 mbrookes

mbrookes

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

A good trick to lower the calorie count of your salad dressing is to reverse the proportions of oil and vinegar. I use 1/4 cup oil to 1/2 cup tarragon or white balsamic vinegar. Add a little garlic, salt and pepper and the dressing is really good. Try this on mixed greens with whatever you like... tomatoes, artichoke hearts, green onions, celery, carrots, whatever. A little blue cheese and a few bacon bits (real bacon) are good, too.

#20 Junior Chef

Junior Chef

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Today we had a salad with romaine, red cabbage, chopped carrots, sliced onion, and mandarin oranges. I put an Asian ginger dressing on it... SO good! We'll definitely be making this again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: