So, You Are Not Going To Believe This
Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:49 AM
Anyway, I wanted to report on the hamsters. They seem to really like the gluten-free food. Their cage does not smell nearly as bad, there is less hamster waste in the cage, and their coats are shinier. Who knew that hamsters could benefit from a gluten-free diet
Daughter, age 9, is gluten sensitive, growth hormone deficient, pancreatic insufficient (now resolved), severe lactose intolerance, and other food sensitivities
Blood test/biopsy negative for celiac disease
Enterolab positive for gluten sensitivity
DQ7 and DQ9
Gluten Free since March 2012
Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:58 AM
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
"get your robot on" - Will.I.Am at the 2012 FIRST Robotics kick-off
“it’s like the WWF, but for smart people" - George H. W. Bush at the 2008 FIRST Robotics World Championships
“Here tonight we share a love of Science, Technology, Math and Engineering, and most importantly the spirit of invention. That’s the spirit that made America the most innovative country in the world,” said President Obama. “We need our young people to keep that spirit alive … we need to encourage our kids and invest in their education. We need to give them the chance to become the next generation of scientists and engineers and entrepreneurs. If they study hard in math and science, then their futures are going to be bright and so is America’s,” he continued." - Barack Obama, August 2011
Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:45 PM
What lucky little hamsters! Is there anything mommies don't do?
Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:14 AM
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users