Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

jerseyangel

Ruby Tuesdays

Rate this topic

Just an FYI that I thought might be helpful to some here.

Recently, I was at my local Ruby Tuesdays, where I've always felt perfectly safe ordering off the gluten free menu. I simply mention to the waiter that I'm gluten free, and I've never had a problem there.

This time, shortly after ordering, the manager came over, introduced himself and told me that as of the first of the year (2015) Ruby Tuesday has stepped up their gluten free protocol nationwide.

They now have separate utensils and prep areas, and they not only clean a portion of the grill before our food is placed on it-- they use foil under our food. Gluten free orders are carried out from the kitchen separately to further avoid cross contamination.

It's so nice to hear of companies who really seem to care and I wanted to pass the word :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sounds good to me! Thanks Patty! :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

My daughter was working at Ruby Tuesdays before we moved here a few weeks ago. They we having ALL of the waitstaff, cooks, hostesses, and managers go through a training course about gluten free as well. It was a week long thing with a lot of video sessions and then someone came to talk to everyone from corporate.

Join eNewsletter

My daughter was working at Ruby Tuesdays before we moved here a few weeks ago. They we having ALL of the waitstaff, cooks, hostesses, and managers go through a training course about gluten free as well. It was a week long thing with a lot of video sessions and then someone came to talk to everyone from corporate.

Yes! He told me about this also

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

I'm new to this Celiac disease and need all the education I can get. I hope there would be more restaurants that will start serving gluten free.

I only ate at Ruby Tuesdays just once and that was a few yrs.ago. I think it will be worth going back now that they serve gluten free food.

Join eNewsletter

JerseyAngel:  Thank you for your comment regarding Ruby Tuesdays updated gluten-free protocol effective 1/2015. 

MycasMommy:  Your comments about Ruby Tuesdays training program are appreciated.

I've almost totally quit going to restaurants, so both of your recommendations give me hope!  

I became a member of Celiac.com when I was first diagnosed w/ Celiac Disease in 2005.  At the beginning I utilized it day and night, gleaning yarns of helpful information that eventually became written notes.  As I'd never heard of this disease prior to being diagnosed; the discovery of Celiac.com was a comforting find (something like a grandmother's warm hug)!  It was and still is my #1 resource for gluten-free information.  Because it's been quite awhile since I've been glutened; I haven't checked into the forum as often.  Which means, I'm sitting here in Celiac pain from something that has caught me aware and am racking my brain to what it could have been.  Good to see many new members w/ numerous updates!  I sincerely appreciate Celiac.com and all its' efforts.

Join eNewsletter