This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast
Does anyone have a rebounder?

I do. I used to get pain in my lymph nodes afterward. I've carried five babies, so I can't do more than about 50 jumps .... my bladder can't take it, LOL.

That's awesome you and Chloe can eat gluten again, you guys didn't have the genes? Or are you just going by symptoms?

We neither had the gene. I tested negative by biopsy and blood test, too, not that that means anything.

Beer made me very very sick. I didn't do well with alcohol in general, I think we talked about this way back when in the thread. Even if I could tolerate it I wouldn't be a drinker anyway I don't think so no loss there for me.

I could never tolerate a lot, but I did like to have a couple drinks once in a while. I could sometimes get hungover from just a couple, but usually two was okay.

found myself watching Kate and Leopold until it was over
I LOVE that movie!!! I especially like the scene where the dog poops and the cop is telling him he needs to pick it up! Almost everyone in our house can quote that scene verbatim.

hence the very early morning comment Carla, lol.
I didn't notice the time! LOL I used to have that every night, so my doc made me start taking Ambien after all the natural stuff didn't work. I also take 5 HTP. The Ambien gets me to sleep, the 5 HTP keeps me asleep. Last night I was out of 5 HTP and the same thing happened as last time, woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast
Does anyone have a rebounder? Julie I know you have one. When you use it do you get jarring headaches afterwards? Anyone? I do and I feel moody. :angry:

Also I got diarrhea today. I had some organic animal cookies on Sunday. I don't know if maybe it was a real, real long delayed reaction? Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb..........

I have a rebounder. It does give me headaches. I don't go on it often because I think it just drains my lymphs too much...I can't tolerate it.

You had animal cookies....are you gluten free? Were they gluten free? I have nightmares about being forced to eat gluten, lol. I am SO sensitive to it I can't imagine it!

Actually...on this subject, does anyone know how to say gluten or wheat, rye, barley and oats in Spanish? I am at my Uncles house and they have a house keeper...she speaks some English, but considering most people who speak PERFECT English don't know what gluten is, I thought I'd have a better chance if I told her I can't have gluten in Spanish.

Green12 Enthusiast
I LOVE that movie!!! I especially like the scene where the dog poops and the cop is telling him he needs to pick it up! Almost everyone in our house can quote that scene verbatim.

I didn't notice the time! LOL I used to have that every night, so my doc made me start taking Ambien after all the natural stuff didn't work. I also take 5 HTP. The Ambien gets me to sleep, the 5 HTP keeps me asleep. Last night I was out of 5 HTP and the same thing happened as last time, woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.

I love K & L too, that is a very funny scene.

Thank goodness it doesn't happen to me every night. I get that a few times a year, but last night was just extreme, the rate at which my mind was racing was a little alarming, I was writing pages and pages of lists. I decorated my sister-in-law's entire house in my mind, I visualized it. Major creativity was pouring out. :unsure: I was a Martha Stewart Rain Man.

Actually...on this subject, does anyone know how to say gluten or wheat, rye, barley and oats in Spanish? I am at my Uncles house and they have a house keeper...she speaks some English, but considering most people who speak PERFECT English don't know what gluten is, I thought I'd have a better chance if I told her I can't have gluten in Spanish.

I believe trigo is wheat, harina is flour....let me go get my dictionary and I'll get back to you on the other words.

My Spanish isn't perfect but it might be, No puedo comer trigo/harina (I am not able to eat wheat/flour)

Green12 Enthusiast

Ok, oats is avena, barley is cebada, rye is centeno.

Gluten isn't even in my little dictionary, lol.

You are friends with Molly, right? She would be a good one to ask, she knows a lot of Spanish.

tom Contributor
Well said Sherry.

Thanks for this book mention, sounds interesting. I am going to look into it.

Yes, I think I could use a book like that these days.

Already checked closest library, but they don't have it.

CarlaB Enthusiast
:)
Green12 Enthusiast
This is from the Triumph dining card --

"No puedo comer trigo, avena, cebada, centeno ni nada preparado con estos alientos incluyendo harina, pan, pasta, hotcakes, tortillas de harina, pasteles, comidas empanizadas o capeadas, crutones, avena. Ni, aunque parezca extrano, salsa de soya, teriyaki, blue cheese, o cerveza."

Muy excellente!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I've got more scientificness on molybdenum. :)

Function

The biological form of molybdenum, present in almost all molybdenum-containing enzymes (molybdoenzymes), is an organic molecule known as the molybdenum cofactor . In humans, molybdenum is known to function as a cofactor for three enzymes:

Sulfite oxidase catalyzes the transformation of sulfite to sulfate, a reaction that is necessary for the metabolism of sulfur-containing amino acids (methionine and cysteine).

Xanthine oxidase catalyzes the breakdown of nucleotides (precursors to DNA and RNA) to form uric acid, which contributes to the plasma antioxidant capacity of the blood.

Aldehyde oxidase and xanthine oxidase catalyze hydroxylation reactions that involve a number of different molecules with similar chemical structures. Xanthine oxidase and aldehyde oxidase also play a role in the metabolism of drugs and toxins .

Of these three enzymes, only sulfite oxidase is known to be crucial for human health .

I'm guessing I'm having problems with all 3 of these enzymes because..

#1. I'm reacting to sulfur and phenols.

#2 I've had low uric acid

#3 Reacting to lots of perfumes and other scents.

The aldehyde oxidase enzyme protects us from toxic "aldehydes".....this includes the toxins produced by candida. So if this enzyme is down....yeast toxins will make us sick. Usually if this enzyme is deficient there will be increased sensitivity to fragrances and other environmental toxins.

As it relates to Candida, those of you who have read the work of Dr. Orion Truss, or who have seen quotes by others from his work, will already have been alerted to his assertion that much of the harm done by Candida results from its waste product, acetaldehyde, which in turn can affect the metabolic, neurological, endocrine, and immune systems.

Further, that few chemicals can create so much havoc in the body as acetaldehyde can. It may interfere with the receptors for acetylcholine which is supposedly the major neurotransmitter in the corpus callosum.

Formaldehyde, obviously then, is related to acetaldehyde in the aldehyde chain of chemicals.

Chemical aldehydes are best known as fragrances." "Chemical aldehydess are best known as fragrances.... Ethanol, or drinking alcohol, is also precessed to acetaldehyde. ...the body has an enzyme which breaks down the aldehydes to less toxic substances.

This enzyme is aldehyde oxidase, or sometimes, aldehyde dehydrogenase. Aldehydes encountered dietarily or environmentally or produced in the body must be handled by aldehyde oxidase metabolic pathways.

Acetaldehyde is a paraticularly toxic substance which, in addition to being produced by threonine and ethanol, is a product of the metabolism (i.e. fermentation) of carbohydrate in yeast -- hence the Candida connection.

Acetaldehyde is thought to be the major source of tissue damage in alcoholics rather than ethanol itself. The conversion of acetaldehyde into acetic acid" for this reaction to occur, threonine to acetaldehyde to acetic acid to acetyl coenzyme A, NAD (niacine amide) is required, and aldehyde oxidase is dependent of riboflavin, iron, and molybdenum.

These forgoing nutrients could be helpful to Candida albicans patients, and others who are sensitive to various fragrances and airborne odors. Those patients with aldehyde sensitivity are incredibly sensitive to any type of fragrance.

In my book on mercury toxicity it states that these 3 enzymes are often impaired in mercury intoxication. Molybdenum is the main cofactor for these enzymes and supplementing it may improve their function.

Another interesting thing I learned is that both copper and Tungsten are antagonists of molybdenum. Too much of either one can cause a deficiency of molybdenum.

Tungsten is a toxic metal and it was the metal that I had the highest levels of on my first provoked urine challenge.

I've had off the charts copper on both of my tests but this is considered normal since DMPS preferentially pulls copper out. Of course I could have elevated copper anyway but I havent had any test to confirm this.

I was less sensitive and tolerating more foods early in the year and I'm still wondering why that was. I'm wondering if the DMPS was helping by pulling out the tungsten and the copper.

I started increasing my mineral IV's and I'm wondering if that might have set me back. It was only certain minerals that were increased....copper was doubled but molybdenum was not increased. So I'm wondering if I was improving enzyme function by chelating tungsten and copper...but then went backward by increasing the copper in my mineral IV's. <_<

I dunno...all I know is that I was less sensitive and I was eating more foods! And now I'm eating beef and peas again. :rolleyes:

I think I have to figure out a way to improve the function of these 3 enzymes....especially the sulfur oxidase enzyme.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Julie,

I think you asked if my hair analysis showed elevated copper?

Unfortunately, it was not included in the test. So...I have no idea either way.

It would probably be good for me to have a more updated hair analysis since that one was from about 4 years ago.

When I first got sick I bought this book on mercury toxicity...at that time I seriously couldnt understand most of the info...it was WAY to scientific for me. :blink:

Now I'm actually familiar with alot of what is discussed in the book and I've found it to be very helpful. I still wouldnt consider it an easy read though. Its not good for days when my brain has the dumb. :P

Anyways, its got good info. about copper toxicity and how to reduce copper in the body. It also talks about how to tell the difference from mercury toxicity and true copper toxicity.

I think in my case mercury is the real problem but copper is probably high as a result of that. Even though low copper can also cause problems it says that since it interacts with mercury its best to keep the copper somewhat low (but obviously not too low) when mercury is an issue.

Molybdenum is one of the things that can bring copper levels down so maybe it will do me some good.

I think I can get some idea about whether or not I have elevated copper by doing an unprovoked urine challenge.

DMPS is really good at removing copper (DMSA isnt) so once I get back on it that should help as well. If I get back on the mineral IV's I'll see if they can leave the copper out...or at least reduce it.

mftnchn Explorer

I am really amazed at how well the Travacor (neurotransmitter support) is helping me sleep. Night 4 last night post time zone change, and I slept 6 hours with ambien until 5 am. That hasn't happened in several years usually it takes me 9-10 days on Ambien every night to switch. I think the Natural Calm (an easily absorbed magnesium) is also helping.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
Yes, I think I could use a book like that these days.

Already checked closest library, but they don't have it.

My used copy bought online was cheap, it's an older book and very small. Published in '95

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Someone just mentioned they were staring Nattokinase--sorry, I forgot who? I just wanted to update you because I started this in mid-February. The ART testing showed I would benefit and had the fibrin problem common with lyme with poor lyme flow and the erlichia was plugging the lymph too. I take the Nattokinase for the fibrin issue (and maybe something else?), and poke root for the lymph and erlichia issue. March ART showed improvement in this.

Anyway, another confirmation of this improvement was that today I did the gua sha which I wasn't doing while in the USA. I had very little "sha" compared to last time, there was a HUGE difference! So apparently the stagnation problem has really improved.

So, the expensive nattokinase is worth it I guess. I am taking the lowest dose recommended by ART because of the expense. I use Jarrow, 1-3 in the afternoon and evening.

Sherry

AndreaB Contributor
Anyway, another confirmation of this improvement was that today I did the gua sha which I wasn't doing while in the USA. I had very little "sha" compared to last time, there was a HUGE difference! So apparently the stagnation problem has really improved.

Great news Sherry! :D

mftnchn Explorer

Thanks. Can't wait to get the R/O water filter working to see if that helps too.

Rachel, the scientificness is going over my head for now...but trying to at least recall that the info is here.

Lots of fatigue for me lately too, but better yesterday and today.

I wrote Dr. E after I read on the forum here that herbal tinctures often use grain based alcohol. I am supposed to be corn free and one of mine says right on it that it has corn-based alcohol..., haven't heard back from her on that one. Worse than that would be if they are barley or wheat derived. :ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast
I am really amazed at how well the Travacor (neurotransmitter support) is helping me sleep. Night 4 last night post time zone change, and I slept 6 hours with ambien until 5 am. That hasn't happened in several years usually it takes me 9-10 days on Ambien every night to switch. I think the Natural Calm (an easily absorbed magnesium) is also helping.

Sherry

That's wonderful!

I wrote Dr. E after I read on the forum here that herbal tinctures often use grain based alcohol. I am supposed to be corn free and one of mine says right on it that it has corn-based alcohol..., haven't heard back from her on that one. Worse than that would be if they are barley or wheat derived. :ph34r:

I would think it was distilled alcohol, so it's probably okay. Even if it were derived from wheat or barley, there will be no gluten left after distillation. Now if you had a corn allergy, I don't know how that would work. I guess it depends on what part of the corn you are allergic to.

aprilh Apprentice
Someone just mentioned they were staring Nattokinase--sorry, I forgot who? I just wanted to update you because I started this in mid-February. The ART testing showed I would benefit and had the fibrin problem common with lyme with poor lyme flow and the erlichia was plugging the lymph too. I take the Nattokinase for the fibrin issue (and maybe something else?), and poke root for the lymph and erlichia issue. March ART showed improvement in this.

So, the expensive nattokinase is worth it I guess. I am taking the lowest dose recommended by ART because of the expense. I use Jarrow, 1-3 in the afternoon and evening.

Sherry

Hi Sherry,

I am taking Nattokinase. I did a lot of research on it, but am always scared to try new things, so I put it off for a long time. I actually feel really good on this supplement!

aprilh Apprentice

Rachel,

Zinc also balances copper.

We had high copper and tungsten in our household. I didn't know molybdenum helped with that.

I couldn't figure out where my son's tungsten was coming from. Did you know that its found in those toaster oven lamp things??!! I am sure there are other sources.

Green12 Enthusiast

Rachel, thanks for all the scientificness. It's a little over my head right now, I need to read it through again and try to focus.

My hair analysis was actually quite revealing, and the way my practitioner explained everything made sense. Copper toxicity showed up and she touched on the elevated copper and fungal/yeast issues. Most significant for me was my patossium/sodium ratio, extremely low, which means adrenal burnout, the inability to fight off infections (like lyme), etc.

Her approach with me was to build up the adrenals, bring up the potassium/sodium ratio, detox the copper. When the adrenals are stronger, potassium/sodium ratio balanced, and copper detoxed the yeast and fungal issues will normalize.

My practitioner said the sauna would help detox the copper, I was also taking kelp to bind with the copper, and she had me on selenium for added protection against the copper and other metals. Unfortunately the sauna was too strong for me and I had to take a break, but I hope to be able to get back in it again.

Great news Sherry.

It's nice to hear about results, sometimes we take stuff and never really know if it is making a difference or if it's worth it. I am sure having the confirmation that you have had improvement with the gua sha is reassuring.

Hi Sherry,

I am taking Nattokinase. I did a lot of research on it, but am always scared to try new things, so I put it off for a long time. I actually feel really good on this supplement!

I might be put on nattokinase, or something similar, soon for the fibrin. From what you and Sherry say about it here I'm encouraged about it.

Kassandra, I got my LEAP test kit. I can't really tell you much about it now other than it is a blood draw, they take 4 vials. You have to check boxes on a page about all the foods you don't eat or that give you known reactions.

I will be able to tell you more when I get the results and the Dr goes over them with me and explains more about it and what it's supposed to do.

I hope to go Monday or Tuesday for the bood draw, I figured I would do both the LEAP test and the additional tests that my ART pratitioner ordered and get them both over in one trip.

I so dread the blood draw, I have a small window of time I can get it done, if I have an outbreak I will react to the needle stick and break out more :( So I hope Monday/Tuesday comes and goes quickly.

AndreaB Contributor
I hope to go Monday or Tuesday for the bood draw, I figured I would do both the LEAP test and the additional tests that my ART pratitioner ordered and get them both over in one trip.

I so dread the blood draw, I have a small window of time I can get it done, if I have an outbreak I will react to the needle stick and break out more :( So I hope Monday/Tuesday comes and goes quickly.

Hope all works out smoothly, with no outbreaks!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I couldn't figure out where my son's tungsten was coming from. Did you know that its found in those toaster oven lamp things??!! I am sure there are other sources.

I had never even heard of tungsten until I saw it on my lab results. I tried to find info online but didnt find anything significant. When I asked my Dr. about it he said that he wasnt concerned with the tungsten....he said the main concern was the mercury...along with cadmium and lead.

I'm thinking that tungsten isnt likely to cause problems on its own...under normal circumstances the body probably has no problems detoxing it.

If mercury wreaks havoc and interferes with the pathways..then some of these other metals are building up as a result.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, thanks for all the scientificness. It's a little over my head right now, I need to read it through again and try to focus.

I think the pathway stuff can be really complicated. I havent had alot of brainfog lately and I think some of this stuff is actually sinking in...and it makes sense to me! :blink:

Good luck with this Julie! Hopefully there will be NO outbreak to cause problems. :)

tabasco32 Apprentice
Muy excellente!

:lol::lol:

You guys are to much. I know I shouldn't laugh it's just cute and funny. Not only do we come to learn about all the scientificness but also some spanish lessons. My grandma and mom eat avena everyday..

Oh and those organic animal cookies were not gluten free. I guess I just wanted to test them out. They were starring me in the face saying eat me, eat me. <_<

I have nightmares about gluten too! I want to eat the pizza in my dream but then my family comes and gobbles it all up before I can have any. :(

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra, I got my LEAP test kit. I can't really tell you much about it now other than it is a blood draw, they take 4 vials. You have to check boxes on a page about all the foods you don't eat or that give you known reactions.

I will be able to tell you more when I get the results and the Dr goes over them with me and explains more about it and what it's supposed to do.

Julie...do you know how much it will cost to have done? You can PM me if you'd like. I am seeing Dr H this weekend and I want to ask him about these kinds of tests.

Everyone,

I made an appt. with a Naturopath Dr for this coming Wednesday. I figured this way I will be able to have her test stuff that Dr H puts me on this weekend.

I am excited...she does some sort of muscle testing, I don't know if it's ART or what it is. She will be testing me for all the supplements I'm taking and some foods I want tested. Actually, I might just do that instead of a blood test. I would love to have a session of just foods, where we test all kinds of things.

She specializes in nutrition and homeopathy, so she will be able to help me figure out a good meal plan...since I'm ALWAYS running out of food ideas. :)

mftnchn Explorer

Kassandra, this sounds good, hope she works out really well.

Sherry

Green12 Enthusiast
Lots of fatigue for me lately too, but better yesterday and today.

Sorry, I must have missed this Sherry.

Do you think the fatigue is travel related? Glad it is better today.

I don't know about the corn based grain alcohol, I hope you get some answers. Let us know what you find out.

I think the pathway stuff can be really complicated. I havent had alot of brainfog lately and I think some of this stuff is actually sinking in...and it makes sense to me! :blink:

Good luck with this Julie! Hopefully there will be NO outbreak to cause problems. :)

Thanks Rachel, Andrea too.

I'm glad all the scientifcness is sinking in for you and making sense, that's a good thing!

When do you meet with your Drs/practitioners again? I'm excited to hear what you all come up with when you put your heads together.

I'm totally bummed, apparently Jenny McCarthy was on Larry King Live again last night with another Autism panel and I missed it! I am always interested in what they say.

My grandma and mom eat avena everyday..

Oh and those organic animal cookies were not gluten free. I guess I just wanted to test them out. They were starring me in the face saying eat me, eat me. <_<

Boy do I wish I could eat avena everyday Lisa. I'm jealous of your grandma and mom. Out of everything I think I miss oats the most, oatmeal, oatmeal cookies were 2 of my most favorite foods. There really isn't any replacement for it, quinoa flakes just don't cut it.

Did you have anymore reactions to the gluten filled animal cookies? I hope you don't get too sick and can bounce back quickly.

Everyone,

I made an appt. with a Naturopath Dr for this coming Wednesday. I figured this way I will be able to have her test stuff that Dr H puts me on this weekend.

I am excited...she does some sort of muscle testing, I don't know if it's ART or what it is. She will be testing me for all the supplements I'm taking and some foods I want tested. Actually, I might just do that instead of a blood test. I would love to have a session of just foods, where we test all kinds of things.

She specializes in nutrition and homeopathy, so she will be able to help me figure out a good meal plan...since I'm ALWAYS running out of food ideas. :)

She sounds very promising, I hope she is able to help you with foods!

Archived