This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

miamia Rookie

I ahve a random question- for those of you who still use flour what brands do you feel are safest?

Miamia

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
So, what's my job?

What are your specialties. I know you play flute. Alison is music teacher...you could help her or help Patti and I with school, or anything else that you love to do. Below is our current list. I will update with your name when I know what you want to be. I made Lisa senator even though she always talks about being mayor since I had already been voted mayor and she is out promoting more than me. :P

Rachelville Rich farmland by the ocean, with mountains at our back to provide fresh spring water.

Population (not sure haven't counted)

President: Rachel

Vice President: Patti

Governor: Julie

Lt. Governors: Miamia & Chelsea

Mayor: Andrea

Senator: Lisa

Secretary: Donna & Susan

Minister of Defense: Cissi in charge of auxigro detecting geese and dingo-ish dogs

Security: Donna

Village ambassador and queen: Julie

Newscaster: Celia

Decor and Design Committee: Patti -Decor Advisor, Susan - Garden Color Coordinator, Robbin - Assistant Decor Advisor, Rachel - Building and Landscape Advisor (this is going to be a very pretty place!)

Computer Tech: Vincent

Picard: Coach (for community sports) Oh and Diver for all our sea food..sorry you got 2 jobs

Christine: Nurse (you work in a hospital right?)

Cow and goat milkers: Evie and Armetta (I think she said she has milked before)

Music teacher: Alison

Chef 1: Miamia - Chef 2: Chelse - Chef 3: Rinne

Teachers: Andrea & Patti

Shopping consultant: Donna & Rachel

Community Events Coordinator: Rinne

Village adventurer/researcher: Meredith, who travels to distant lands to bring back news and information

Tony: captain for any water craft, so he can take Picard out for diving.

Mitch: truck driver, so he can haul whatever we need. Rachelville Paradise golf course driver. (also can be used by golfers when a driver is needed. Putt Putt.) :DB)

Andrea: Treasurer

Ryan: Handy-man, general fixer upper

Nikki: Cosmotologist, hair dresser

Physical Therapist: Lynne

Cissie: Literary reader around campfire or fireplace for the citizens of Rachelville

Vincent: Town hero and rule breaker

Jeny: Animal caretaker/veterinarian

Susan & Celia: Town comics

Cissie: Town matriarch

Cissie: History teacher Distinguished Chair of Celiac Literary and Historical Oddities dept.

Ryan: Language teacher

Tavi: Town bum, with the off time duty of raking leaves off paths in the fall

Karen: Counselor

Donna: Pest patrol and dingo-dog flea controller. (if needed)….it’s Rachelville after all.

I ahve a random question- for those of you who still use flour what brands do you feel are safest?

Miamia

I currently have Bob's and haven't had a reaction but I know other people have. I think Authentic Foods is on a dedicated line but it is very expensive.

CarlaB Enthusiast

For the fun place this is going to be, there is no social director? Maybe I'd be good at that! I can count the population as I go along visiting everyone!

AndreaB Contributor

Ok, Town register update!

Rachelville Rich farmland by the ocean, with mountains at our back to provide fresh spring water.

Minister of Defense: Cissi in charge of auxigro detecting geese and dingo-ish dogs

Decor and Design Committee: Patti -Decor Advisor, Susan - Garden Color Coordinator, Robbin - Assistant Decor Advisor, Rachel - Building and Landscape Advisor (this is going to be a very pretty place!)

Picard: Coach (for community sports) Oh and Diver for all our sea food..sorry you got 2 jobs

Village adventurer/researcher: Meredith, who travels to distant lands to bring back news and information

Mitch: truck driver, so he can haul whatever we need. Rachelville Paradise golf course driver. (also can be used by golfers when a driver is needed. Putt Putt.)

Cissie: Literary reader around campfire or fireplace for the citizens of Rachelville

Susan & Celia: Town comics

Cissie: History teacher Distinguished Chair of Celiac Literary and Historical Oddities dept.

Karen: Counselor

Donna: Pest patrol and dingo-dog flea controller (if needed)….it’s Rachelville after all.

Carla: Social Director

jerseyangel Proficient

Andrea--Does that list get longer every time you post it, or is it just me? :D Gotta hand it to you--you keep perfect track of all us Rachelvillians. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Cool. I haven't had a job other than the stuff that goes along with wife and mom for years!! :P

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea--Does that list get longer every time you post it, or is it just me? :D Gotta hand it to you--you keep perfect track of all us Rachelvillians. :lol:

I have the list saved on my computer and update as necessary. Gotta keep including newbies to the thread but I don't have everyone on here yet. Debbie posted a day or two ago but don't know if she's going to be a regular as well as Stephanie.

BTW I created the upper people from Pres on down to Lt Governors based on who has been with Rachel from the start. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast

The dingos are unconscious, we went to the back-country part of our beautiful park here, toward the river, and the squirrels.....OMG just a proliferation of squirrels today......so good news, they are not staring at me and I can get some things done..... :)

Carla, I've read your kind and thoughtful posts on the Communion thread (which unfotunately one person is making quite nasty - she would be flogged in R-ville :angry: - or converted to niceness by our sweet and perfect CULT TOWN)....I think you could teach religion or catechism (with gluten-free Host, of course) at UCCF (University of the Celiac Cult Farm)??? Or, choose your own job, whatever you want!! Your husband looks like he'd fit in well with the comedy team......Oh and Carla, very interesting info about your grandfather!

Andrea don't forget that Rachel is ALSO the town ice-cream maker, and Rinne - I think - runs the juice bar.....Karen - do we need a counselor in R-ville, since it's perfect??? I think she's Altoids Ambassador on Special Assignment: Making All the Men Happy....not sure though...I make things up all the time, as you all know....

Donna - good luck with low or no-histamine - - remember, there are NO histamines in R-ville! :rolleyes:

Miamia - - do you have a job yet? did I miss it?

Fiddle-Faddle - - good info about the grapes and I have heard they are SO louded w/ pesticides, esp. the S. American ones...I soak mine in a bowl, am adding dish-soap from now on.....

that naughty Julie - she probably found naked stripper cops - - too bad we can't see...... :lol::lol::lol:

Where's Pengy? we haven't heard from her in a while - - maybe the gluten's driven her mad... ??

gotta go - - am thinking I must turn computer off to get many things done today.... :o

I want some homemade ICE CREAM!!!! Will settle for Hershey's nuggets today.....hope I can tolerate....

Lisa Mentor

Karen said that I was Mayor, most gladly relinquish the post. As Senator, can I take junkets around the world with lobbiests that are my new closet and dearest friends.?

Lisa

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:lol::lol::lol: Just saw Donna's job

Camille'sBigSister Newbie
Somebody tell me if there's a good reason not to do this, but a friend of mine who seems to me to be very nutrition- and chemical-savvy instructed me to ALWAYS wash grapes. Not rinse. Wash. With dish soap. Which actually makes sense, because if you read the ingredients on the expensive fruit and vegetable wash that they sell in the produce aisle, the active ingredient is "surfactant."

Anyway, I've been doing this for about 8 years now, and I gotta say, it DOES get rid of that haze on the grapes, whereas plain water doesn't. So that must mean that that haze is totally CHEMICAL. :blink: And the grapes seem to taste much sweeter when I wash them with dish soap, too....just be sure to rinse really, really well!

Alison, I think that haze is a kind of mold. I gave up eating grapes years ago, because I'm so allergic to mold, and it wouldn't come off when I washed with just water. So, thanks for the tip about the dishwashing soap. Maybe I can eat grapes again! :)

Andrea, you may be right about the soy. I've wondered about it myself.

I ordered several things from gfbakery, and the box came yesterday. Lord have mercy, what a mess! :( The container of bread crumbs had broken open and covered everything else with fine, dust-like crumbs. My kitchen was covered with that stuff!!! Boy, was I mad! :angry::angry::angry:

I do believe we're fixing to get a storm. A miracle! I don't mind putting my computer to sleep for a lovely thunderstorm!

Talk to y'all later. Have a happy weekend!

Cissie

jerseyangel Proficient
I have the list saved on my computer and update as necessary. Gotta keep including newbies to the thread but I don't have everyone on here yet. Debbie posted a day or two ago but don't know if she's going to be a regular as well as Stephanie.

BTW I created the upper people from Pres on down to Lt Governors based on who has been with Rachel from the start. :P

I wondered how that worked! I like Vice President--sounds important, but no real work is involved :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Karen said that I was Mayor, most gladly relinquish the post. As Senator, can I take junkets around the world with lobbiests what are my new closet and dearest friends.?

Lisa

..but Lisa, why would you ever need to LEAVE R-ville?? :) .....well, maybe you could go out with Mango, who'll often be dispatched on special assignments to bring us news and of course, more gluten-free delights that she finds.....

AndreaB Contributor

Ok, Thank you Susan, new and expanded list.....again.

Mitch: truck driver, so he can haul whatever we need. Rachelville Paradise golf course driver. (also can be used by golfers when a driver is needed. Putt Putt.)

Susan & Celia & Adam: Town comics

Karen: Counselor and Altoids Ambassador on Special Assingment

Donna: Pest patrol and dingo-dog flea controller (if needed)….it’s Rachelville after all.

Carla: Social Director

Robbin & Rinne: Book store attendants

Rachel: Ice cream maker

Rinne: Juice bar operator

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Andrea - - your lists - - :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

edit - and the fact that some hapless visitor, once again, coming upon this site might read that and realize.....OMG we really are onto something - - - and that is that we are NUTS..... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

AndreaB Contributor
Karen said that I was Mayor, most gladly relinquish the post. As Senator, can I take junkets around the world with lobbiests that are my new closet and dearest friends.?

Lisa

Lisa,

Whatever you need....just remember we are a gluten free community....absolutely no gluten allowed from anyone visiting. :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, I've read your kind and thoughtful posts on the Communion thread (which unfotunately one person is making quite nasty - she would be flogged in R-ville :angry: - or converted to niceness by our sweet and perfect CULT TOWN)....I think you could teach religion or catechism (with gluten-free Host, of course) at UCCF (University of the Celiac Cult Farm)??? Or, choose your own job, whatever you want!! Your husband looks like he'd fit in well with the comedy team......Oh and Carla, very interesting info about your grandfather!

My husband definately would fit in the comedy team, or else the child entertainer ... he's great with kids, and they seem to flock to him. He will be glad to hear we're moving somewhere where there are not allergies. He's a big allergy sufferer.

I could teach catechism or religion. I actually coordinate youth work in three states, so it's what I do in the real world, so I thought a change of pace would be fun in the imaginary world!

AndreaB Contributor
My husband definately would fit in the comedy team, or else the child entertainer ... he's great with kids, and they seem to flock to him. He will be glad to hear we're moving somewhere where there are not allergies. He's a big allergy sufferer.

I could teach catechism or religion. I actually coordinate youth work in three states, so it's what I do in the real world, so I thought a change of pace would be fun in the imaginary world!

Name please. I can't update anything without a name. He will be the 3rd hubby included. Anyone else's hubbies that want to join....need name and preferred occupation. :P

Wait... how did Tony get in R'Ville? Wonderful guy but how will I be able to look at the good looking cops running around? :o:lol:

Cecile,

Where've you been? He's been on the list since I took over. :P:lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Name please. I can't update anything without a name. He will be the 3rd hubby included. Anyone else's hubbies that want to join....need name and preferred occupation. :P

Adam

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Wait... how did Tony get in R'Ville? Wonderful guy but how will I be able to look at the good looking cops running around? :o:lol:

hey, here's what I've heard a couple of men say over the years:

even a (wo)man on a diet can look at the menu..... ;) Because, as you know, these cops are going to be super-humanly perfect specimens, just there for looks and flirting, really, not law enforcment....

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Hey -- my husband is a Naval Architect -- and all around good guy (Catholic, too . . . could help defend the poor Catholics who are getting attacked on another thread . . . he, and the geese). At ANY rate, he could DESIGN any ships, etc. which are needed in R'ville . . . his name is Dave. He is also VERY good at telling people EXACTLY what he thinks about their opinions -- that they are best kept to themselves as far as he is concerned, because he doesn't care . . . when someone is causing "difficulty" . . . He would, however, become distracted (without admitting it) by the beautiful cops!!!!! We could use him . . . he's a keeper!

And, BTW: I want an OFFICIAL Rachelville T-shirt . . . one that says, "Rachelville: Don't hassle me, I'm a local" and has the Official Rachelville Trophy proudly displayed . . . . :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
And, BTW: I want an OFFICIAL Rachelville T-shirt . . . one that says, "Rachelville: Don't hassle me, I'm a local" and has the Official Rachelville Trophy proudly displayed . . . . :lol:

Lynnie this T-shirt, while extremely appropriate, implies that there will be legions of visitors to R-ville....is this so? I mean, I KNOW they'll WANT to visit us, and paparazzi will be harassing us (the cops will come in handy here)....but, how will we handle this? I think they must all stay on busses and not be allowed out, you know, to mingle....unless they want to JOIN our cult and then we'll have brain-washing seminars they can attend.....and there, yes, the T-shirts are needed.... :)

Um, good idea, we need a ship-builder for our sea-faring buddies, but, is your husband mildly gay - - being distracted by the cops and all......just checking..... ;)

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

BTW, before I close down, I feel compelled to get on another soapbox.

Listen, my children, and you shall hear. Just because I'm Town Matriarch, and even though I can't see that town trophy, doesn't mean that I haven't . . . uh . . . been young. You'd be surprised at the tales old folks could tell. Remember that, the next time you see an old lady in her rocking chair, talking to herself and laughing. You may think it's senility, but I'm here to tell you it ain't necessarily so!

Cissie

DingoGirl Enthusiast

LYNNIE - SOS - just read this on the "good research paper on the neurological manisfestations" etc. - -

Hopefully someone will be able to answer the Purkinje question because I don't know the answer to that.

...on those perkinje cells in the brain - - I think your help is needed on that thread!

BTW, before I close down, I feel compelled to get on another soapbox.

Listen, my children, and you shall hear. Just because I'm Town Matriarch, and even though I can't see that town trophy, doesn't mean that I haven't . . . uh . . . been young. You'd be surprised at the tales old folks could tell. Remember that, the next time you see an old lady in her rocking chair, talking to herself and laughing. You may think it's senility, but I'm here to tell you it ain't necessarily so!

Cissie

:lol::lol::lol:

Cissie added to your title is:

Town Raconteur

:)

Canadian Karen Community Regular
..Karen - do we need a counselor in R-ville, since it's perfect??? I think she's Altoids Ambassador on Special Assignment: Making All the Men Happy

:o:o:o Does this mean my new title is "Town Hussey"?

Archived