This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

miamia Rookie
Mia Mia, your picture is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

We almost have everyone with pictures now! Evie and Cissie, I hope you get yours up soon, and Robbin too. And everyone else, even if it's a cat or a dog, something to distinguish you by. :lol:

I haven't been able to post, I have missed so much already, just wanted to pop in and say hello and hope everyone is doing well.

Just a quick update, so far my diet continues to go pretty well. I am even eating nuts now, which is a big help. :)

Tavi, we can have a whole squad of shirtless single cops just for the single ladies :lol::lol:

Have a good evening everyone :)

Julie-

thanks so much.

I am glad to hear your diets going well.

I am going to try to wrok on cutting out my spinach- I might re try kale and se if I steam it enough if I can handle it.

Yes I am a single women and appreciate the idea of the shirtless cops!!

Miamia

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG tika, the older dingo who doesn't get into things like Annie does but BENEFITS from it <_< .....she just let out a ripper, such a loud one that it scared her and she ran out of the room......am sitting here cracking up..... :lol::lol::lol:

Lynnie get that dog's BUTT out of your face at night...sheesh, even I, the crazy old dog lady, would not put up with that.......

reading again.....

AndreaB Contributor

How is it that I make a phone call to my SIL and my BIL answers so I say "hi" and hand the phone to Mitch so he can talk to his brother. He talks and then hands the phone to talkative Talitha who gets to talk to my BIL and SIL and then the phone goes back to Mitch to talk to his brother. I didn't even get to say "hi" to my SIL. :( Guess I'll have to call some other time. They are on the east coast so it is late for them.

Quiting smoking would probably help...I'm just at the point that I haven't had to use my xanax for anxiety and panic attacks for a few weeks now... I think I have to be a bit more stable and healthy to try to quit.... I know it sounds crazy and stupid... but in reality it's true... quiting smoking is a very difficult and stressful thing to go through.

Yes, quitting smoking is very difficult. My parents started and quit numerous times before they finally quit for good. It was after they found a dark spot on my dad's lung after he was broadsided. They had to spend one night in the hospital because of that. That was about 20 years ago. Neither of them have gone back.

BTW....smoking slows the healing process down as well. The body is kept busy fighting the toxins from the cigarette.

Rikki Tikki Explorer
Tavi, we can have a whole squad of shirtless single cops just for the single ladies :lol::lol:

Have a good evening everyone :)

:D:D:D

Quiting smoking would probably help...I'm just at the point that I haven't had to use my xanax for anxiety and panic attacks for a few weeks now... I think I have to be a bit more stable and healthy to try to quit.... I know it sounds crazy and stupid... but in reality it's true... quiting smoking is a very difficult and stressful thing to go through.

That is very much the truth, not an easy moment about it so far :angry::angry::angry:

Green12 Enthusiast
OMG tika, the older dingo who doesn't get into things like Annie does but BENEFITS from it <_< .....she just let out a ripper, such a loud one that it scared her and she ran out of the room......am sitting here cracking up..... :lol::lol::lol:

OMG, that gave me a visual, now I am cracking up. My dog did that too, it scared him when he let one rip and he would run away!

Hysterical :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

okay. done reading....

Andrea, I am interested in your nut milk recipes, are they hard? as I am able to drink Lactaid so may not bother, but they sound good...

Miamia, what a cutie! Enjoying the photos of everyone, AND the signatures....but remember, when you leave our cult and post elsewhere, "the others" will see that and infiltrate....... ;):blink:

Julie, glad your diet's working for you! more time to find us some cops!

Ryan - wicked MIL - shame on her for reducing the meds.....what a stinker she is.....

Patti.....the Dove chocolate - - not interested because I love my Hershey's :( do they come with nuts.....only care about chocolate wtih nuts.....

be right back...I'm sure you're waiting with baited breath....

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea, I am interested in your nut milk recipes, are they hard? as I am able to drink Lactaid so may not bother, but they sound good...

Actually they are quite easy as long as you have a blender. Nuts and water for plain milk to use for potatoes and cooking. I use cashew milk in my bread and mashed potatoes. You can also use almonds but cashews blend smoother. For sweet milk you add honey, dates; you can add vanilla and I think salt. I'll post recipes if you are interested.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie,

Does that meann you can blend up your own nut milks? I have recipes.

Andrea,

I am going to try to do that eventually, if all continues to go well with the nuts. I know where to find you to track down recipes :lol: You are always so thoughtful!

Sorry you didn't get to talk to your SIL :(

MiaMia,

Steamed kale is suppose to be pretty good. I hope it works for you. I'm not an expert on greens but I have heard there are several to choose from, like kale, collard, and mustard...Good luck with it!

Susan,

excellent idea about Mango bringing Aussie men for the single ladiesE That is her job anyway, to bring things back from foreign lands :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Actually from what I've read, smoking might have saved my life... it seems to slow the Celiac... BUT I am NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE SMOKE.... that's the worst thing you can do for your health.

Okay... don't anyone hate me for writing that.

We don't. Still would highly recommend quitting when you feel you've got your life balanced enough to tackle it.

Rikki Tikki Explorer
Actually from what I've read, smoking might have saved my life... it seems to slow the Celiac... BUT I am NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE SMOKE.... that's the worst thing you can do for your health.

Celia no one could possibly hate you! It's been six months (almost) for me and most days I wonder why I ever thought quitting was a good idea! :angry:

Green12 Enthusiast

Patti, I'm excited for your home makeover. You guys have been working so hard on it for a couple of weekends now. I look forward to hear how it comes out.

Cecilia, I hate you! JK. That is interesting about the smoking. How exactly does the smoking slow down the process of damage from celiac? Inquiring minds want to know? Plus, we need a little science now and then :lol:

Rikki Tikki Explorer
Oh my goodness but it was!!!! If you've gone six months you are my hero!!!!!

That is oh so kind of you. Thank-you.

Now, since I know I have Celiac and have changed my diet I should quit.... just want to be a bit stable first.

If I can help you, let me know, just understand it has not been an easy road, I just hope it get's better! :blink:

AndreaB Contributor

Some Adventist churches offer a 5 day stop smoking plan you could check into if you wanted.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Andrea....I think you must hold onto the phone, leave the room, have your chat and THEN hand the phone over! You are so sweet, we'll teach you more assertiveness in R-ville....not that there will be any need since we'll all get what we want all of the time.... :)

Cecile - - no one could possibly EVER hate you, you silly click-clack choo-choo, dingbat buddy....please don't ever think that...

Here's a secret: during my heavy drinking days (college - but sadly that wasn't the last of it :ph34r: ) I picked up smoking - Clove cigarettes - from all the Euro soccer and tennis players I hung out with (I was studying languages, remember, hanging out with these guys was for ACADEMIC PURPOSES ONLY ;) ). My habit never exceeded more than maybe two packs a YEAR, though. then, during the climbing years, I"d occasionally smoke a clove under the full moon.....then in Monterey.....dang.....the wino years.....back up to a pack a year. I keep them in the freezer :ph34r:

okay now that I"ve QUIT drinking entirely? I sit on the back patio at night with the dingos and pray....and guess what, I'm probably a two-pack a year closet Clove smoker.....so heinous and my throat and lungs are going to bleed.....GAH.....must stop.....God isn't pleased with this, I am sure....but it's really hard to quit things in general, give yourself some time!

what did I miss.....can't think....headache, remnants of Hershey's contamination.....

I think this is going to be a long night, what with the eating binge the gassy dingos have had..... :huh:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

one more thing.....

isn't Tavi also in charge of.....Minister of....Tumbleweeds..... :)

OMG dingbat, we posted that at the EXACT SAME TIME......

AndreaB Contributor

Ummm, we are going to have a perfect green lawn, gardens, landscaping etc. No tumbleweeds rolling down our streets.

Mango04 Enthusiast
premature posting but I had an idea,

GIRLS, we need to get MANGO to bring us some Aussies!!!

MANGO - - - BRING US SOME MEN!!!!!

Okay, koalas and Aussie men. I'm on it. I have seen more men than koalas, but I'm not complaining. Any other requests while I'm here? I'll bring back anything you want - except crocodiles. I don't like those.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Ummm, we are going to have a perfect green lawn, gardens, landscaping etc. No tumbleweeds rolling down our streets.

ohhhhhhhh you're RIGHT! not even on the "edge" of town......where the lone BUM hangs out?

Okay, koalas and Aussie men. I'm on it. I have seen more men than koalas, but I'm not complaining. Any other requests while I'm here? I'll bring back anything you want - except crocodiles. I don't like those.

HI Mango! welllll, for me, just the men will be fine..... ;)

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

Cecile, I'm fine! I took a break from R'ville today; had a bunch of other stuff to do. I'm off to bed, now that I've caught up with everyone.

Cissie

AndreaB Contributor

Night Cissie, Cecile...think we've already lost Susan.

Rachel must have been busy today too. Don't think she posted today.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Celia, its true...I've read that lots of times. I smoked for 14 years...exactly half of my life at the time I got sick....and I was perfectly healthy all that time. I quit smoking and that same month my symptoms appeared. I had always said "How can this happen? I quit to be healthier and all of a sudden I'm sick to the point I cant even work!! ...WTF???" :blink:

From what I've read once the "Celiac" smoker quits....symptoms can appear and then that persons health can rapidly go downhill from there. My GI said quitting was the right thing to do regardless...but I now have to deal with the lesser of two evils. <_<

Julie...I'm eating nuts now too!!! :D

No nut butters though. Nut butters are bad for me. :(

Also drinking some juice!!! I havent drank anything but water in soooo long. Most juices bother me but found 2 that dont.

Daxin,

Wow!! 50 lbs. is alot to lose. I hope you were able to gain some of it back since going gluten-free?? Its scary when the lbs. start falling off. :(

I lost 25 lbs....it was alot for me since I'm small anyways. I was looking WAY too thin. I've gained almost 20 lbs. back now!! :D

That is interesting about the smoking. How exactly does the smoking slow down the process of damage from celiac? Inquiring minds want to know? Plus, we need a little science now and then :lol:

Julie....I can post some articles for you tomorrow. I've read a few. There is one right here on Celiac.com about how smoking can protect against Celiac.

EDIT: Ooops...I was posting prematurely. I see Celia has already posted the links. :)

LMAO....I was gonna say a croc.

Oh well its cool....leave the crocs Down Under. I dont want you trying to be Steve Irwin (or whatever that guy's name is) getting all crazy with the crocodiles. We really dont need those in R-Ville. I would just end up staring at it all day (like the Dingos...watching Susan) cuz for some reason they fascinate me.

:unsure:

Rachel must have been busy today too. Don't think she posted today.

Andrea,

I was a very busy girl today....got alot done! :D

I did read in the morning....saw what happened to Mitch and the kids. :(

Hope they are doing better now.

I'm off to bed now...I'll get less than 4 hours sleep if I go to bed right this instant. Its gonna be another long and sleepy Monday. I dont like Mondays. :angry:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Morning all my Rachelvillians !(well it's morning here at least)

Lynne and Susan-Flatulant incontinent dogs :lol::lol:

Our dog used to let them go,-then look at you as if to say

WHAT!!I didn't do it! (then walk out the room)

I swear,they were so strong,it was like molecules you could taste-EUCH!!

Don't you just love it when you come home to a pile of doggie presents!-NOT!!

Enough talk of dog butts :lol:

Cecile and Miamia ,

Take heart with your weight,

My hubby's been painfully thin all his life-he's struggle to get trousers to fit him (who sells 26inch waist 34inch length trousers!!).I'm sure his 'self image' contributed to his depression that he's been suffering with.

He'd never wear swim shorts,no matter what the weather.

Now finally after 2 years G.F he's finally within the right BMI (Body Mass Index) for his height.

For the first time ever he weighs more than me-and that's something I never thought I'd see.

I'm sure you'll get there in the end :):)

Must address the smoking thing-

Hubby's stomach problems kicked in big time when he gave up for a couple of months.

Unfortunately he went back to it (was feeling so ill,couldn't eat etc)It was one of the few pleasures in life left to him at the time.

But I think there's something in the theory that somehow it protects you.

He knows he's gonna have to give up again,but as he's just getting over the worst depression with anxiety and panic attacks I suppose we've put it off. <_<

It ain't easy!! :(

Hope everyone is feeling ok -

I must get to the gym today-else those purpley,glittery bats will think I'm one of them!

(Think Bat-Wing arms!)

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

rinne Apprentice
I take the iron supplement version of those vitamins, it's called floravital (same company). They actually work! In 6 weeks my iron levels went from dangerous to barely anemic while I was taking those. I can't tolerate any vitamins so it's amazing that these don't bother me. You can find them at whole foods.

Thanks for the information Chelsea, I'll look for them.

OH I KNOW, what is this about Chelsea and Matthew Mc? DID SHE SEE HIM??? did I miss this? because I posted many pages back that I was in fact on set with him in a movie (Ed TV) as an extra years ago.....what a hoot that was...the casting agency called me at 11 pm April 1st (months after the audition), to be in San Francisco at 8 a.m the next day (a two-hour drive) with five wardrobe changes as I was going to be a paparazzi up on scaffolding (here's where my climbing experience came in handy ).....I kept thinking it was one of two male friends playing an April Fool's joke on me....but no, it was true....I called my mom at 11:15 (she also lived in Monterey at the time) and said...what should I do???....there's work tomorrow, and an appointment.....and she said, snap out of it, IT"S MATTHEW, you are going! HOly Lord, I got one hour's sleep and got in the car at 4:30 a.m.......my on-set time wasn't until 5 pm....got home at midnight....but what a hoot!! (no, I'm not in the movie)....but I let out an audible gasp and clutched my friend's arm the first moment I ever saw Matthew on screen years and years ago.....he'll be big, I told her, and he is MY TRUE LOVE......

Susan, wow, what an absolutely gorgeous man. Lucky you. And Chelsea too!

Rinne -- if you have leaky gut, have you tried BioEnzymes -- or something like that -- it is what one of the pro football teams uses for pain control . . . I'll contact the pharmacist from whom I purchase them and find out the exact name, AND if they're gluten-free.
Lynne, that would be great, thank you.

Andrea, sorry to hear about your "biting" morning. I hope everyone is fine now.

I am so glad to hear that baby Megan continues to improve.

You'll have to PM one of us for the Altoids story. I'd suggest Karen since she's the official Altoids rep. But you can tell which of us know the whole story ... Lynne might be the funniest.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Maybe he's Celiac there's alot of gluten in dog food.
DrJ wrote about this and it is quite possible that gluten in the dog food could be causing problems.

Miamia, what a lovely photo.

Mango/Meredith, I hope you are having a fabulous time and have found food. :)

I got creative today with flax, carob, dried berries, walnuts, hemp butter, coconut oil and maple syrup, and made crackers - definitely an experimental stage but not bad, my sweetie likes them. I'm looking to make something that I could use as road food, suggestions anyone?

VydorScope Proficient

MEGAN UPDATE

SUNDAY, JULY 30, 2006 11:06 PM, CDT

Megan had a really good day, sitting up and playing and waving to nurses. Her fever went back up to 101.3 about 4 today, so the doctors decided to do another round of cultures. They wanted to pull out her central line (an IV that goes directly to the heart) because of risk of infection. The problem was that they couldn't get another IV in after multiple tries, so they had to leave the central line in. They also did a urine culture (by cath). Her good day ended with all of that. Bless her heart, I just hate for her to get stuck all the time. Hopefully the cultures will all be negative and the fevers will dissipate.

I'm sure tomorrow will be good. I'll let you all know as we hear from the tests. Please pray for God to continue to heal her.

Love, TCA

penguin Community Regular

Susan - Did you call the vet when the dog ate the nuggets? Chocolate is highly toxic to dogs, that much chocolate would have killed a smaller dog!! :o

Archived