This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

queenofhearts Explorer
No, just visiting my grandma for a few days. She has a beautiful mountain home. I like going in the heat of the summer since it's so much cooler there! It's a nice break.

She makes meringue cookies, too. I'll have to ask her to use pecans instead of choc chips since I can't have dairy.

The mountains of NC are just gorgeous. Down here, it's pretty hot in the summer! In fact my meringues are melting in the humidity. But they're my son's favorites so he'll probably gobble them all before they dissolve.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast
The mountains of NC are just gorgeous. Down here, it's pretty hot in the summer! In fact my meringues are melting in the humidity. But they're my son's favorites so he'll probably gobble them all before they dissolve.

All this talk of such fabulous places around the country makes me envious. I haven't been that many places.

I have this dream of visiting every state, taking in the beauty each one has to offer. I probably should have started earlier, but it's never too late, right?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Wow, I suddenly feel so OFFICIAL!

yup, and you can always get news jobs added to your repertoir, as well....sometimes other people assign them randomly to you as well :lol:

queenofhearts Explorer
All this talk of such fabulous places around the country makes me envious. I haven't been that many places.

I have this dream of visiting every state, taking in the beauty each one has to offer. I probably should have started earlier, but it's never too late, right?

I hope not! And I want to see the WORLD too. But I must say, that's one thing that worries me about Celiac. On the one hand, I've always had to worry so much about my stomach when I traveled... so I'm hoping that won't be such an issue in the future. But part of the traveling experience is eating the food of the natives... & now I'm nervous just travelling to other people's houses to eat! Are any of you travelers? How do you cope? Huge suitcases filled with rice cakes?

Leah

DingoGirl Enthusiast
No, just visiting my grandma for a few days. She has a beautiful mountain home.

*sniff* lucky you, CArla.....I want a grandma....with a cabin.....in the mountains.....(right now I would just take anyone with a cabin in the mountains, hence my e-correspondence with that MISCREANT - that's right - from my past...... :angry::lol:

never too late and dang, aren't you only about 30? now at my age you have to start to get worried.... :o

queenofhearts Explorer
yup, and you can always get news jobs added to your repertoir, as well....sometimes other people assign them randomly to you as well :lol:

Okay, I'm game, just as long as swim trunks aren't involved...

Green12 Enthusiast
never too late and dang, aren't you only about 30? now at my age you have to start to get worried.... :o

:lol: Susie, 34.

But 50 states+34, what if I don't make it to 84?? I would have to double up, do two states a year. Not to mention the places I want to visit outside of the country. And of course I would need to win the lottery for fundage....

So true :lol:

I think I am guilty of that :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Julie,

Come visit us when you get to Washington. :P

Before you come, find Mitch's baby sister (she's 35 and a hairdresser) and bring her too.

:lol: Susie, 34.

But 50 states+34, what if I don't make it to 84?? I would have to double up, do two states a year. Not to mention the places I want to visit outside of the country. And of course I would need to win the lottery for fundage....

So true :lol:

Yes, yes and yes.

Green12 Enthusiast
I hope not! And I want to see the WORLD too. But I must say, that's one thing that worries me about Celiac. On the one hand, I've always had to worry so much about my stomach when I traveled... so I'm hoping that won't be such an issue in the future. But part of the traveling experience is eating the food of the natives... & now I'm nervous just travelling to other people's houses to eat! Are any of you travelers? How do you cope? Huge suitcases filled with rice cakes?

Leah

Leah,

Obviously, I am not a traveler....YET ;) but I have become quite the expert at taking my own food with me everywhere I go. And on the few occasions I have taken short trips for emergency situations or family things I do the same. I just take a huge cooler and pack easy to eat foods, nuts, baby carrots, fruit, that sort of thing.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Nikki -- I hear in the UK now they can't even take electornices (MP3 players etc) on the aircraft now. They are thinking about instituting the same policy here in Canada as well.

Tis true and I have a teenager whining in my ear about it!

Wait- I thought you could pack 'em in your luggage- just not carry on? Is it different in the UK? Ugh! Nikki- safe travels; please return to us (with new makeup and perfume!!!!!).

Yep,it's allowed in your suitcase

Safe journey too!!

Well, I guess it's time to out myself properly... I have been wandering silently through Rachelville for some time. And yes, I'm somewhat embarrassed that my first actual post was in regard to naked guide guy... but there you have it. Revealed in Cyberworld forever as a dirty old lady.

Please let me redeem myself. Would you like a cocoa pecan meringue? Just baked some... Cup of tea, perhaps?

Leah

Welcome!!And I'm up for the cocoa pecan meringue-with tea of course!!

So many new members!

Welcome to Tiffany as well,our new pharmacist (mmm,me thinks you'll be be busy ! :blink: )

Jean-Luc Rookie

Ok, I need a cup of tea -- or maybe coffee. long day, depositions - julie can you do my summary for me? :rolleyes:

I will not be online this weekend - going to see my dad - need to spend time with him while I can.

Hope everyone is well, I may make a drive-by Sunday.

AndreaB Contributor

Have a good time Picard.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

um yes, you are the guiltiest - I mean most guilty one of all.....see The Dave for further reference :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

The drive to NC is only about 6 hours from here, I would imagine it would take you six hours just to get out of Colorado!! It's a little easier to visit other states when they're so close!

tiffjake Enthusiast
TIFFANY - - - love your plucky spirit and just getting RIGHT in there with your application.....ha ha you should see OUR application - there are maybe three questions (Andrea - you must show her :) ) but I do like how you applied and then right in the next post, there was your job....what a hoot! (may I also tell you this about Tiffany, a generous spirit is she: she posted about her Bare Minerals makeup that she was giving away a few weeks ago - I was the SECOND inquiry so didn't get it - - but then she had MORE to give away - she contacted me, what a delight, adn I just got three Bare Essentials eye shadows, some blush, Mineral Veil - - just fantastic! am loving it, BTW! :rolleyes: Andrea - - also don't forget to add to her job description that she is a Mary Kay rep so we will have our gluten-free lipsticks in R-ville :) )

Oh and hey, isn't that Penguin's little Kiwi Kitten, if I'm not mistaken, on your shoulder??

I am glad you are liking the Bare Minerals!!!!! (Something, and I don't know what it is, is wrong with my MK. I DO NOT Think it is gluten! I have double and triple checked that. I have several allergies, and I think something else that I am allergic to or intolerant to is in my MK. I have been sick this last week (I went back to using all MK this last week).....bummer.....so I am not really tooting the MK horn, not because I am mad at them, just b/c I am not wearing it right now, so I feel like a liar when I crow about something I don't even use.....)

And the Kitten, Kiwi, was my little baby girl, but I turned out to be allergic to her too.....so penguin adopted her, and I love her for it! She has the biggest heart that girl!

And I don't want anyone to think I am a liar about the Pharmacist thing, I am a pharmacy technician, not a pharmacist, but I will still help with any med info! (Sometime I feel smarter than the pharmacists that I work with.....its like their brains are fried! There are a lot of meds and generics to keep up with!)

SODA! I love coke, but I don't drink it anymore. I am "high fructose corn syrup" intolerant, ha. Thats sucks. I slowly started replacing my coke with the Whole Foods cola, that is made with pure cane sugar, and is gluten-free. Then slowly replaced that with tea (with sweet n low). Now I am pretty much cola-free. I have the occasional coke, but I mean maybe 1 a week, where it used to be 3 a day!

Garlic! Highly recognized by the Pharm community. Great stuff, some companies actually wanted to have exclusive rights to it, HA!

60 year old river guide! Guess he can't be all that bad if he is doing river raft stuff?!?! Must be in decent shape!?!?

Stealers Wheel Song! Had to look it up on iTunes and listen to a sample to see what you are talking about. Geez, I am young!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Stealers Wheel Song! Had to look it up on iTunes and listen to a sample to see what you are talking about. Geez, I am young!

You did recognize it at least, right????

Do you know Chelsea outside of celiac.com? Do you live near each other? Just curious since she adopted your cat.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Guess what else, my big glutening of Monday? it was the NUT THINS! :angry: I have had the broccoli two more times, and the non-alcoholic wine again last night, and the Save Mart chicken again, no problems with any of it at all. So, definitely the Nut Thins. That is BEYOND nutty and I am going to right them a gentle but mildly reproachful letter. Harumph! :angry:

Told ya!!! Those crackers are contaminated! :angry:

They messed me up bad. I think they may have done Bev in as well...my memory is bad though so I could be wrong. :unsure:

I'd also like to offer my services as resident illustrator & calligrapher... that's what I do when I'm not goofing off online or in the kitchen. I could do very classy-looking Official Rachelville Documents, lots of swashes & gold leaf.

Leah

Cool! We now have official R-Ville documents!!

I wonder what the documents are for?? :huh: Hopefully not for the President...cuz she doesn't do documents...it hurts her head too much. You can just put everything on Patti's desk. :D

Leah....glad to have you in Rachelville! :)

:lol::lol:

Yeah...you might end up with more than you bargained for. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I was just in the midst of a very long and very scientific post. I lost it. :angry:

I am so angry right now...I dont have time to retype it....have to run errands.

I hope the scientificness stays with me until I have time to redo it. :unsure: Who knows when brain freeze will take over....I will refrain from eating ice cream until I can repost.

This sucks. :angry:

EDIT: I will try to refrain from ice cream until I can repost. :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Maybe you need to start typing it up on the computer (word/works/notepad) and then transfer and add emoticons.

That is really a bummer. :( I've done that before because of hitting the wrong button. :angry:

I went shopping yesterday, quickly, and still forgot coconut oil to make butter. I might have to buy some more butter to tide us over. The coconut oil I have not flavors everything coconut. :(

swittenauer Enthusiast

Wow! I'm off the internet for a day or so & already I'm behind 20+ pages. Pardon me if I don't catch up & just join in here. Ha!

Hey, do you any of you all have aol. We could get chat some that way. I'm swittenauer1 on aol.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'm abrown9958, but I don't use that for my email address.

queenofhearts Explorer
Told ya!!! Those crackers are contaminated! :angry:

They messed me up bad. I think they may have done Bev in as well...my memory is bad though so I could be wrong. :unsure:

I wonder what the documents are for?? :huh: Hopefully not for the President...cuz she doesn't do documents...it hurts her head too much. You can just put everything on Patti's desk. :D

Leah....glad to have you in Rachelville! :)

:lol::lol:

Yeah...you might end up with more than you bargained for. ;)

Thank you, O President, for the warm welcome. As for the content of the documents, that's not my department. I just doll them up. Generally speaking you can say anything you want, just throw in a few whereases & therefore be it resolveds & it sounds very official.

Oh, & it sounds like your title should include Empress of Ice Cream.

tiffjake Enthusiast
You did recognize it at least, right????

Do you know Chelsea outside of celiac.com? Do you live near each other? Just curious since she adopted your cat.

I did when I heard it!

And yeah, she lives about an hour south of me. It was my first kitty, and I had no idea how I would react.

AndreaB Contributor

OK.....I can blame Rachel, Donna and Susan for encouraging my overindulgence in chocolate last night instead of having something decent to eat. :P That way I don't have to take responsibility for it. :P:lol: Isn't it time for the kids to go to bed yet.....(about 5 more hours).

BABY ALERT Fingers on the little cute green light/button.

Got an invite to go to a going away party for my oldest stepson tomorrow at a park about 1 1/2 hours from here. Just called mom to see if she'd be available for a drop in dinner from us if we decide to go. Grrrrr, I don't really want to but I do want to see him and his wife.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

the documents will be for special occasions adn proclamations, and also maybe for official job titles or promotions....they can be on an elaborate rolled-up scroll, and someone can read them out, like the munchkins in Wizard of Oz, at special events in teh town pavillion.....

I was just in the midst of a very long and very scientific post. I lost it. :angry:

EDIT: I will try to refrain from ice cream until I can repost. :ph34r:

no, I think clearly MORE ice cream is needed to re-gather the scientifi-ness of your thoughts, certainly not LESS :lol:

Thank you, O President, for the warm welcome. As for the content of the documents, that's not my department. I just doll them up. Generally speaking you can say anything you want, just throw in a few whereases & therefore be it resolveds & it sounds very official.

:lol: and our Attorney Picard and also Donna can help with the legal wordage - - wherein, whereupon, can't remember more....have blocked out all the reading of briefs and such....

OK.....I can blame Rachel, Donna and Susan for encouraging my overindulgence in chocolate last night

Who, US??? Naw, we would never do that! :rolleyes:

gotta go - - heading out to eat in an actual restaurant...had great success there once, the kitchen manager walked out and said, oh, you can't eat gluten? we will make sure to clean the pan....and he listed all the ingredients and it is totally safe - albeit not that exciting - garlic-sauteed spinach with shrimp in white wine or something....good and healthy. And then, a Virgin Mojito.....yum!

Where's Cecile - it's your time to be here!!

gotta go - - -

oh, safe and wonderful trip, PIcard, and enjoy your time with your dad!

Archived