This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice
went white water rafting once and that was the theme song for our video. Very apropos as we lost the guide off the back of the boat in a class V rapid. No one even noticed until my shy sister-in-law looked back and said, "uhm, you guys. I think we lost the guide." :ph34r:

We lost him and he lost his swimming trunks :huh: Luckily, he had neoprene shorts underneath!

:o:lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Luckily??

:o:lol::ph34r:

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna and Beverly,

DIET COKE???? :o

This stuff is Bad (with a capital B)!!

In all my research I've come across so much info. having to do with aspartame. Aspartame was the very first thing in food I knew I was reacting to...way before I heard of gluten. It was only in my gum but it was causing severe symptoms that calmed down once I stopped chewing gum. I looked it up online not knowing a thing about it. What I read was scary. :ph34r:

I also read alot from people who had suffered tremendously because of the aspartame in all the diet products they were consuming. The stuff is toxic...period.

Beverly, since you've been through the wringer with symptoms similar to mine...from the nightsweats to everything else...I would definately lose the diet coke...at least for a week or two. I feel like you will notice some improvement for sure. If you dont I would be very surprised. Have you ever stopped drinking it this whole time? If not it could be something to look into. If you do decide to eliminate it....dont switch to another diet drink. You would be better off drinking regular Coke.....seriously. Avoid the diet products and see what happens.

Donna, you could try elimininating it too. If you do have problems with histamine....food additives like MSG and Aspartame will cause a reaction. They dont actually contain histamine but because they are essentially a toxic substance the immune system will respond with a release of histamine. Thats why they are not allowed on a histamine restricted diet. They cause pseudo-allergic reactions.

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

Dont know if this will help either of you with any of your symptoms but I've read posts from other people on various boards who said they had alot of problems that disappeared after they avoided Aspartame. I believe it because of the severity of my own reactions just from the chewing gum.

Thanks for the links...I'll read them later hopefully (or maybe Monday since I'll be partying then leaving in a little while). I usually don't drink very many diet drinks, but when it's hot water just doesn't always do it (I do also drink a lot of water)...I'll try it for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

When I type out a "B" with the parenthesis after it....I get this dude. B)

:lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Sorry, my mental image of your guide did not accord with reality... bad Leah!

Mine either. I was thinking of some 25 year old hunk.

dlp252 Apprentice
I was going to say something about the iet-day oke-kay, or just oda-say in general, but didn't want to sound preachy :unsure:

I can hear you! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Diet Coke is bad. I switched years ago to regular. It's too sweet, so I just get it with a lot of ice. But, it's not a daily thing ... only once a week or so. Since so many of us are trying to gain weight ... why diet anyway??? :unsure:

I had switched to fruit juice from coffee ... forgot I was allergic to mold ... ended up being the reason I could hardly get out of bed in the morning! I'm back to coffee, and feeling much better. Fruit juice - bad, coffee- good, who woulda thought????

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I was going to say something about the iet-day oke-kay, or just oda-say in general, but didn't want to sound preachy :unsure:

Soda? SODA!!?? You guys.....soda is poison! diet or regular......Just a drive-by here.....but came to a halt....don't want to get preachy, as Julie said.....but even in my processsed food days - hardly ever a soda....I just drink watered down pure juices, water, non-alcoholic wine, and Lactaid. Poor Bev - does this mean you've lost your last friend? :( oh but take heart....there is a really good soda-ish beverage at Target called Izze, it says "100% pure fruit juice and sparkling water" on top of the can....got sparkling pomegranate and YUM....not that cheap but a good treat....in my wine glass, especially.... :rolleyes:

Guess what else, my big glutening of Monday? it was the NUT THINS! :angry: I have had the broccoli two more times, and the non-alcoholic wine again last night, and the Save Mart chicken again, no problems with any of it at all. So, definitely the Nut Thins. That is BEYOND nutty and I am going to right them a gentle but mildly reproachful letter. Harumph! :angry:

Bev - forgot - yes you can take your cosmetics etc. in your suitcase - not carry-on. Safe travels to you and NIkki - -

Carla - missed whatever cleaned-up thread you're talking about..... :huh: oh well.....things go by quickly here.....

Hi, Queen of Hearts! is this your first visit to Rachelville, or have you been through before? :)

Donna - my tortilla was still limp - - will be more patient. :)

Mine either. I was thinking of some 25 year old hunk.

hey wait - - a 60-year-old river guide - - that DOES sound hunky to a 45-year-old former rock climber... ;)

but definitely not good to lose your GUIDE in the water! :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Well, we're kind of on a need-to-know basis here, fess up!!!! Can't tell about the badly-hennad hair, BTW. Guess that was the earlier picture. Nutty!

Good for you on that mountain, how high is that peak and in what state?

Does that jog your memory :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Does that jog your memory :)

ha ha ha ha ha oh THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT one.....in a whole other thread! yes, I remember...chortling here....... :lol:

queenofhearts Explorer
Hi, Queen of Hearts! is this your first visit to Rachelville, or have you been through before? :)

Donna - my tortilla was still limp - - will be more patient. :)

hey wait - - a 60-year-old river guide - - that DOES sound hunky to a 45-year-old former rock climber... ;)

but definitely not good to lose your GUIDE in the water! :o

Well, I guess it's time to out myself properly... I have been wandering silently through Rachelville for some time. And yes, I'm somewhat embarrassed that my first actual post was in regard to naked guide guy... but there you have it. Revealed in Cyberworld forever as a dirty old lady.

Please let me redeem myself. Would you like a cocoa pecan meringue? Just baked some... Cup of tea, perhaps?

Leah

CarlaB Enthusiast
ha ha ha ha ha oh THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT one.....in a whole other thread! yes, I remember...chortling here....... :lol:

Yea, we deleted the whole thread!!! What we left was rather innocuous and funny. So, if we mention something personal on here, then we can always delete it a couple days later and family/friends won't ever know.

jerseyangel Proficient
Would you like a cocoa pecan meringue? Just baked some... Cup of tea, perhaps?

Leah

I'll be right over! :D

Welcome ;)

Green12 Enthusiast
Well, I guess it's time to out myself properly... I have been wandering silently through Rachelville for some time. And yes, I'm somewhat embarrassed that my first actual post was in regard to naked guide guy... but there you have it. Revealed in Cyberworld forever as a dirty old lady.

Please let me redeem myself. Would you like a cocoa pecan meringue? Just baked some... Cup of tea, perhaps?

Leah

Welcome Leah :)

Susie-good detective work on the Nut Thins, evil little crackers

:lol: Donna

If you coke drinkers must have your fix, you can go over the hill to the mall and engage in such devious behaviors :lol::lol:

Hi Patti :)

queenofhearts Explorer
I'll be right over! :D

Welcome ;)

Thanks! I wish I could share the goodies in reality...

I'd also like to offer my services as resident illustrator & calligrapher... that's what I do when I'm not goofing off online or in the kitchen. I could do very classy-looking Official Rachelville Documents, lots of swashes & gold leaf.

Leah

CarlaB Enthusiast

Leah

Yes! I'd drive hours for that!!!!! Are you anywhere near Ohio?????

I avoid Nut Thins cause they have dairy!! Could it have been the dairy that made you sick?

dlp252 Apprentice

Leah

Welcome! Wish I COULD eat a cocoa pecan meringue, lol. :lol: I have a problem with chocolate. :ph34r::lol:

queenofhearts Explorer
Yes! I'd drive hours for that!!!!! Are you anywhere near Ohio?????

I avoid Nut Thins cause they have dairy!! Could it have been the dairy that made you sick?

I'm in NC, sorry!

Nut Thins sometimes get to me too, but I don't think it's dairy in my case... the only time dairy gets me is if I drink a big glass of milk (which I haven't done in years)-- & I love nuts, so I don't know what the problem is.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Leah

Yes on both counts....to the first I can see you'll fit in quite well here.....to the second.....where do you live.....mouth is watering......

Yea, we deleted the whole thread!!! What we left was rather innocuous and funny. So, if we mention something personal on here, then we can always delete it a couple days later and family/friends won't ever know.

except that here, I've gone back to delete a couple of things (you know my ramblings about guys and stuff) and three or four of you had quoted what I deleted....too much of a bother..... :lol:

Welcome Leah :)

Susie-good detective work on the Nut Thins, evil little crackers

EVIL LITTLE CRACKERS!!!! :angry: and the little thing on the box - "sponsors of the Celiac foundation" or something like that :angry: < - - - - - - mad!

If you coke drinkers must have your fix, you can go over the hill to the mall and engage in such devious behaviors :lol::lol:

Hi Patti :)

:lol::lol::lol: de-glutenizing de-tox chamber manadatory

I'd also like to offer my services as resident illustrator & calligrapher... that's what I do when I'm not goofing off online or in the kitchen. I could do very classy-looking Official Rachelville Documents, lots of swashes & gold leaf.

You're HIRED!! Andrea, our list please.......

jerseyangel Proficient

Leah

Sounds great--you got the job! I don't believe we have any illustrators or calligraphers in our town...

Hi Julie! Nice to see you :)

Another soda idea--I, on occasion, drink Boylan Cane Cola. It's sweetened with sugar, and really good. It is milder than Pepsi or Coke, but you can taste the cinnamon and vanilla that's in it. Best part--it's marked gluten-free on the label :P

queenofhearts Explorer
Welcome! Wish I COULD eat a cocoa pecan meringue, lol. :lol: I have a problem with chocolate. :ph34r::lol:

Sorry, didn't mean to bring up a sore subject! I'll make my next batch of cookies chocolate-free in your honor.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Okay, anywhere near Waynesville or Canton??? I leave for there Thursday!

queenofhearts Explorer
Okay, anywhere near Waynesville or Canton??? I leave for there Thursday!

Really!? I'm in Raleigh, not in the mountains. Planning to swing by the Triangle at all?

AndreaB Contributor

Rachelville Rich farmland by the ocean, with mountains at our back to provide fresh spring water. (this is going to be a very pretty place!)

Population (not sure haven't counted)

Rachel: President; Building and Landscape Advisor; Shopping consultant; Ice cream maker

Patti: Vice President and Teacher assistant; Decor Advisor

Julie: Governor; Village ambassador and queen

Miamia: Lt. Governor 1; Chef

Chelsea: Lt. Governor 2; Chef; Stand up Comic; Florist

Andrea: Mayor; Teacher; Treasurer: Mother Hen

Donna: Secretary; Security; Shopping Consultant; Pest patrol and dingo-dog flea controller (if needed)….it’s Rachelville after all

Cecile: Newscaster; Town Comic

Susan: Secretary; Garden Color Coordinator; Town Comic; Trail guide/hiker/climber assistant; Dingo Wrangler

Robbin: Book store attendant; Assistant Decor Advisor; Trail guide/hiker/climber

Rinne: Chef; Community Events Coordinator; Book store attendant; Juice bar operator

Meredith: Village adventurer/researcher, who travels to distant lands to bring back news and information

Cissi: Minister of Defense in charge of auxigro detecting geese and dingo-ish dogs; Town Raconteur; Literary reader around campfire or fireplace for the citizens of Rachelville; History teacher Distinguished Chair of Celiac Literary and Historical Oddities dept.; Town matriarch

Vincent: Town hero; Rule breaker

Ryan: Handy-man, general fixer upper; Language teacher

Picard: Coach (for community sports); Town Recreation Director; Diver; Town Attorney

Tavi: Town bum, with the off time duty of raking leaves off paths in the fall; Cornshucker; Minister of tumbleweeds on outskirts of village

Lisa: Senator

Judy: Landscape helper; Bookstore helper; Librarian

Evie: Cow and goat milkers; Bookstore helper; Librarian

Armetta: Helper with Evie for cows and goats; Bookstore helper; Librarian

Alison: Music teacher

Tony (Cecile‘s hubby): captain for any water craft, so he can take Picard out for diving.

Mitch (Andrea‘s hubby): truck driver, so he can haul whatever we need. Rachelville Paradise golf course driver. (also can be used by golfers when a driver is needed. Putt Putt.) Rachelville Paradise SSTEE (Seaboard, Steamtrain Excursion Engineer) (Providing service to all points NESW to the greater R’ville community…..All Aboard!)

Nikki: Cosmotologist, hair dresser

Lynne: Physical Therapist; Assistant Cornshucker; Sit Down Comic; Florist; Bard

Jeny: Animal caretaker/veterinarian

Liz: PE Teacher

Beverly: English teacher; Trail guide/hiker/climber lead

Karen: Counselor

Carla: Social Director

Adam (Carla‘s hubby): Town comic

Dave (Lynne‘s hubby): Ship designer and defender of the downtrodden

Jim: Maker of boxes for precious collectibles

Dave (The): Town Idiot with the side job of keeping the tumbleweeds at bay; Rule Breaker; Construction Worker; Firefighter

Morgan: Newswriter for the Newscaster; Hairstylist; Dance Instructor

Tiffany: Pharmacist; food tester for the chefs

Leah: Illustrator; Calligrapher

queenofhearts Explorer
Leah: Illustrator; Calligrapher

Wow, I suddenly feel so OFFICIAL!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Really!? I'm in Raleigh, not in the mountains. Planning to swing by the Triangle at all?

No, just visiting my grandma for a few days. She has a beautiful mountain home. I like going in the heat of the summer since it's so much cooler there! It's a nice break.

She makes meringue cookies, too. I'll have to ask her to use pecans instead of choc chips since I can't have dairy.

Archived