This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Green12 Enthusiast
OMG SEVEN???? And I am whining about 28? :ph34r::huh: We just can't handle it here in California. We are shocked when the temp hits freezing.....big babies. :lol: OF course, they have to keep the oranges and other citrus warm with all kinds of methods....I do feel sorry for the farmers now. I once dated an orange farmer during the winter......he was a bit stressed. You know, a nice guy. Maybe I should call him...... :unsure: This was right before the Siege of Terror hit, in 2004......do you think he was the CAUSE of the siege? :huh::huh::lol:

An orange farmer? You must write a book about your dating experiences!! I swear you have had the most interesting life and you tell the best stories. :D:D Hmmm, interesting, did he use pesticides on his oranges?? Maybe you were exposed to something??? :blink::blink:

Did everyone survive the cold weather last night?? :lol:

Linds best of luck with your appointment today, forgot to mention that yesterday :ph34r: and keep us posted!

Donna, in case I don't get on later, have a wonderful trip! Enjoy, relax, let your worries and focus on your health just melt away for a few days!!! And I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :D

Oh, and Laura, cute picture! Look at you all adorable with your Thanksgiving food :) :)

Hope all is well with everyone!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

Morning everyone!

I am doing better this morning.....we'll see what later today brings. Back to the schooling today. I think part of the reason I was tired and had a headache was because I was down on my water consumption. Mitch got to sleep in the truck down in Southern Oregon and it was 7 degress when he called me around 8 last night. Hopefully he's on his way back. Yesterday's travel was not fun for him......don't know if he's coming up I-5 or has to go over the passes again.

Donna,

If I miss you later......HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

Carla,

Hope you stay warm during this next cold front coming through. Can't wait until we get your test results.......should be within the next week.....hope, hope, hope.

Julie,

Hope you are doing ok with the cold. You are probably used to it......do you ever really get used to it? I love snow but hate cold. Of course if I had a fireplace or woodstove/gasstove I'd probably enjoy it more.

Mia,

Hope you are feeling ok today.

Rachel,

Morning! You should be on here soon. Your appointment is coming up.......this stretch of waiting is almost over. :)

Susan,

Hugs. Hope you are feeling better this morning.

Where's our Patti and Beverly been lately?

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie,

Hope you are doing ok with the cold. You are probably used to it......do you ever really get used to it? I love snow but hate cold. Of course if I had a fireplace or woodstove/gasstove I'd probably enjoy it more.

Where's our Patti and Beverly been lately?

Hi Andrea :D Yes, stay hydrated and see if that will help with the headache and fatigue.

I am never used to the cold :lol: But I am sure if I ventured out your way, or Rachel's, or Susie's, or Donna's, I would think your cold was not cold, and if I ventured out Linds way I would think my cold was warm, if that even makes sense.....

I was just thinking the same thing, where is Patti and Bev?? :blink::blink:

Green12 Enthusiast

I just wanted to report I might have a lead on how I can get an MD to sign for my Igenex test. My acupuncturist referred me to a clinic where I don't need insurance, it would cost me only $50 to get an appt to see one of the MDs there, and they refer to my acupuncturist so at least I know they are semi open minded about alternative and other things outside the box. I am just dreading it though, I hate going to someone new and rehashing my health history, and the response I have gotten from health care professionals in the past has not been very pleasant...... <_< ugh, I hate this.

AndreaB Contributor

Julie,

Hopefully it will go better than you think.

Let us know. I'm happy about the possibility of being able to get the lab papers signed off on.

miamia Rookie
I just wanted to report I might have a lead on how I can get an MD to sign for my Igenex test. My acupuncturist referred me to a clinic where I don't need insurance, it would cost me only $50 to get an appt to see one of the MDs there, and they refer to my acupuncturist so at least I know they are semi open minded about alternative and other things outside the box. I am just dreading it though, I hate going to someone new and rehashing my health history, and the response I have gotten from health care professionals in the past has not been very pleasant...... <_< ugh, I hate this.

yeah Julie-

at least you will get the test- I am very happy to hear this!!!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Julie...YAY...I hope this works out and that you can get tested soon. :)

Linds...hope your Dr. appt. went well today. :)

Donna.....BON VOYAGE!!

We'll try not to get "too" out of hand with the posts while you're gone. ;)

Have a great time and be safe! :)

Is it Monday yet?? :ph34r:

I found a really good symptom list for Lyme...check it out....you gotta click on "symptoms" to get there.

It really shows how Lyme is a multi system disease.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Julie, yay, that sounds promising...I know what you mean about going over everything...they always look at me like :blink: and say, well what are your most troubling symptoms--I don't know if I've ever been able to tell anyone my WHOLE list. :lol::lol::ph34r:

Andrea, it always takes me a few days to fully catch up on missed sleep...that's one reason why we're flying in tomorrow. We usually take the red eye flights which get us to the port the morning of the cruise, but that means the first couple of days of the cruise are spent dragging around. So this time we decided to fly in a day early and relax for a few hours.

Thanks Rachel for trying to keep the posts manageable for me, lol :lol::lol: I bookmarked that site...it's taking too long to come up on my snail dial up line. :P

Well, I'm all packed and ready...just called to confirm taxi will pick me up at 4:40 AM, lol. Couldn't remember if I told them morning or evening. :ph34r: I just have to transfer all my carry on stuff and get that organized and then I'm done for the night.

I had to get my allergy shots today, and again had a reaction to them. Grrrr. But while I was waiting the 20 minutes for them to check my shot sites, I called and made my appointment with the BioSET people. I wanted to do it the week after Christmas, but they aren't open then, so I made it for January 6 (a Saturday). I can't go the week after I get back cuz I've already got appointments every day.

Anyway, not sure I'll have time to log on tomorrow before I go, so if not, have a nice two weeks everyone and I'll be anxiously awaiting the test results for MiaMia and Carla, and hopefully by then Julie will have hers sent off.

AndreaB Contributor

Bye Donna.....love ya, have fun. :wub:B)

We'll miss you....... see you when you get back.

linds Apprentice

well i went to the doctor today and was there for almost 3 hours!!! they took like 7 tubes of blood!! I felt like they were sucking it all out of me. oh and i have gained 6 pounds! i'm up to 103!!!! that was very exciting. Now i just have to sit and wait for all my lab results. which since they can't test here (too small of a hospital) it will be at least a week. i have been feeling really bad lately so when i have a good day i am going try a gluten challenge to see if gluten is the problem. However, i am a bit worried about how i am going to know if thats the problem since everything i eat makes me feel worse.

AndreaB Contributor

Linds,

It will definately be very difficult to trial gluten if you aren't at a place where you are tolerating foods. Have you tried going down to a basic, few food diet for a bit (2-3 weeks) and then adding back in one food every week (or half week)?

We'll be anxiously waiting along with you for your results.

Congrats on the weight gain!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
, I called and made my appointment with the BioSET people. I wanted to do it the week after Christmas, but they aren't open then, so I made it for January 6 (a Saturday). I can't go the week after I get back cuz I've already got appointments every day.

Donna...I dont know if Bioset lady #1 works on Saturdays. If I were you I would try to scheduule specifically with her because shes got more knowledge than most of the doctors I've seen. Shes really good....even beyond the BioSET stuff. The other lady doesnt really know as much.....she just kind of does the testing and treatment....thats about it. Heck....the other day when my mom went she asked the lady how long BioSET has been around and the lady didnt even know.....she said to look it up on the website. :huh:

BioSET lady #1 would have known this. :)

I dont know for sure that shes not there on Saturdays....so it could be her....but I'm guessing its not.

I didnt know you were gone for 2 weeks!! Holy cow...we're gonna miss you!

rinne Apprentice

Donns, two weeks wow, we'll miss you and have a wonderful time.

linds, I am glad to hear about the weight gain.

Julie, a lead on Igenex testing is great news.

Just reading along, not feeling so great.

Andrea, I am glad you are feeling a little better, travel is hard.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

My mom has poisoned me with chemicals....its not a good night. :(

She didnt mean to...sometimes she just thinks if I'm sleeping or if she quickly does something while I'm not paying attention...that maybe I wont notice. :huh:

Ummm...hello....my body does not go into a "normal" non-reactive state just because I close my eyes and seem peaceful. :rolleyes:

Linds,

I agree with Andrea....if you're reacting to everything you're most likely gonna feel bad eating gluten too. You wont know how much its contributing to your problems unless you were feeling good and mainly symptom -free and *then* doing a gluten challenge.

Congrats on the 6 lbs!!. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Rinne,

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Seems like we all go in spurts. Carla hasn't been feeling well either. Bev has not been feeling well.

Not to mention everyone else that is going through struggles right now, including Rachel getting chemicaled.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Linds, that's great about the six pounds.

Donna, have a great time on the trip! Check in if you can!

Rhonda, sorry you're not feeling well, you, too, Rachel. I'm not either. :(

miamia Rookie
Linds, that's great about the six pounds.

Donna, have a great time on the trip! Check in if you can!

Rhonda, sorry you're not feeling well, you, too, Rachel. I'm not either. :(

do you think the change of season is effecting us all negatively?

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh darn it, I missed Donna :angry: I hope she has a wonderful trip.

My mind has been elsewhere the last couple of days. I'm reading, trying to stay caught up on everyone. I wonder if there *is* something to this change of seasons? :huh:

I had another attack of the pain in my lower side last night--it kept me up all night. At times the pain was so intense that my muscles tensed to the point where I gave myself a charley horse :o This has to be either related to gas or to my fibroid. The reason I think of the fibroid is that it seems to be cyclical. In any event, I see a new doctor on Wednesday, and will see what she thinks.

Hope everyone has a better day today. And thanks, you guys, for all of the kind words and good wishes over on my other thread. I love you all :D

happygirl Collaborator

x

jerseyangel Proficient

Aw sorry Laura :( Like you said, hopefully the weekend will be better :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

I have felt mostly bad for a few months now, so I don't think it's the weather in my case.

jerseyangel Proficient

Can't be the weather for me, either. Just looking for something else to pin it on, I guess.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I dont know if the cold weather makes me worse as far as symptoms go. I think during the summer when its hot I tend to spend more time outside in the sun and I'm happier. During the winter I'm freezing and I'm always inside getting exposed to more chemicals and having the heater on, dust, etc. I'm not as happy. :(

Being in the sun gives Vitamin D...I just know I feel better when I'm getting some natural sunhine and fresh air.

Green12 Enthusiast

I am so sorry so many are not feeling well :(

I just talked to the gal who heads the lyme support group in my area, she was great- very knowledgeable and a real fire cracker. She said people call her from all over to talk to her. Anyways, she referred me to some Drs here, websites, informational sources, etc.- a lot of the same things you guys have shared here.

She said Dr. Ligner in NY was good, is that who you mentioned Laura? I can't remember.....

And she recommended to go to Pub Med for the lyme research they have published there, she said there is a lyme strain specific to Colorado found in squirrels and birds, and various other animals up and down the front range, :blink: nice.....

jerseyangel Proficient

That sounds really good, Julie :) Glad you got in touch with the firecracker :D

One thing that does affect me with regards to weather is heat and sun. I wish I could take advantage of the vitamin D, but even a few minutes in the sun, and my skin breaks out, especially on my face. I also just can not take the heat anymore--especially if it's humid.

When I want to do outside work, I wake up early and go out at 7AM. I'm sure that the neighbors wonder what my lawnmower is doing--running at that hour :lol:

Archived