This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I think it's a good idea to give up the ice cream. I know your weight concern is a valid one though. What about more potatoes and beef? Can you make mashed potatoes? I just mash them with the water they are cooked in and add some olive oil, coconut oil and salt. I don't think you can have those other ingredients though can you. :( You could also add some garlic to them.

Hashbrowns are also good.

It's gotta be hard to get your caloric requirements in with 4 foods.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scott Adams Grand Master

I just updated the subtitle to this thread to "When a Gluten-Free Diet Isn't Enough." My personal opinion of this thread is that you are all treating it like it is a forum rather than a thread. It is far too long to be helpful to most people, who would likely never read through it all (would you?). I think your efforts here would serve people much better if you started a new thread for each topic that you want to discuss--then people can find the info, and get involved in topics that interest them, rather than trying to follow and jump into a 800+ page thread.

Take care,

Scott

NoGluGirl Contributor
Ah Rachel, sorry about the ice cream, but I think in the end you'll be better off and the stupid candida will die faster. Stupid candida!

To everyone: What facial cleansers and moisturizers do you use?

I ask here because so many can't do stuff with fragrances, etc. I used Cetaphil for years, but my face was breaking out big time last year, so I switched to Proactive. Proactive actually worked great and my face looked and felt great. Well, in the last week or so, my jaw line started itching, and I noticed that the skin feel very rough. It doesn't look rough and there is no specific redness to that spot (but my face does seem a little redder than normal all over). And, in the last couple of days there are now rougher spots in other places too. Can all the supplements and meds etc. be changing my skin? You'd think that it would get oilier not dryer... If I'm absorbing more nutrients now, you'd think it would change for the better, lol. Anyway, I thought this would be a good group to ask about what is used, lol.

I woke up thinking about yesterday's appointment and my issues and what not. I think I may actually starting to accept that I have a candida issue, and that I've had it a long time, lol. I never did any sort of candida treatment longer than 6 months, and that 6 months was just the diet, not really any antifungals. I took the antifungals for only about 3 months I think. In denial, I bought a crave chocolate brownie yesterday and ate the whole thing...not only that, I bought some gluten free corn dogs at Whole Foods...I've been waiting forever for them to carry them and NOW they do, lol. So I ate one...today my legs are itchy! They haven't itched in weeks, so it's either the sugar, chocolate or corn (the hot dog was all beef, which I've been eating all along) or all of them.

I think the amalgams are responsible for the candida, and my horrible sweet tooth didn't help to keep it in check.

I also think I actually have celiac. I have the gene for it, and so far my intestines have come up on all the BioSET stuff and of course on Enterolabs. I followed a low carb diet since some time in 2003...made the connection between some of my problems and gluten in 2005, went gluten free, THEN got tested at Enterolabs. By the time I had my endoscope in 2006 I had been on a low carb diet for 3 years, then on a strict gluten-free diet for 5 months. I don't think there was any way possible that they could have found damage at that point unless I had refractory sprue. And, I think the only reason I didn't have the wasting that so many have is because I had been on a low carb diet for so long and I just wasn't getting huge amounts of gluten. Enough to keep me sick but not enough to flatten many villi.

Sounds like I was awake for hours, lol, but actually this all occurred in just a couple of minutes. :lol:

Dear Donna,

Amalgams are scary what they can do to you. I make sure my dentist knows how I feel about that. Another great book I have not gotten to read much of yet is "It's All In Your Head" by Dr. Hal Huggins. Dentists often poo - poo these things, but the ADA lies about things. So does the AMA as we all know. The gluten certainly does not help anything. I am glad I got off of it. My reflux was so bad, I did not know what to do. It got to the point, even after the gallbladder was removed, it just kept getting worse. I was taking two Prilosecs daily, and could hardly wait to take my second dosage. It often wore off completely in 10 hours. I took it every twelve hours on the dot. It was unbearable. I also had to sleep practically sitting straight up. Now, since going gluten free, I actually can skip a dose sometimes, and have been able to sleep laying down at least part of the time! That is huge for me. My doctor was shocked when I told her how bad the reflux had been. Celiac seems to be more likely in my case than gluten intolerance, too. My history points more toward Celiac.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Dear Fiddle - Faddle,

I like that name for the thread! We have all doen enormous amounts of research and deserve the title! It is not like waiting on the doctors did us any good! That is bad when you have to diagnose yourself. What's next, will we have to learn how to operate? LOL!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Dear CarlaB,

I am trying to stay as positive as possible. I hope they will hire me at Starbucks. I definately love coffee. My doctor recently told me it can trigger reflux, but I had given it up for a few days before, and it did not do any good. Since going gluten free, that has improved dramatically anyway. The last time I switched to green tea for a week or so, I thought I had been hit by a bus! My coffee has been my best friend for years. How do you forsake your best friend? LOL!

Sincerely

NoGluGirl

Mango04 Enthusiast

I have this weird inkling of an idea that involves us going back (I know - crazy) and editing out all the nonsense and chit chat, and putting all of the incredibly useful information from this thread into one word document (or something) so it can be available to people who might want it. The information can be grouped into topics so it's readable and easy to understand. You're all welcome to tell me that's nuts and impossible haha.

I just think the information in this thread has literally been a lifesaver for some, and yet there are other people out there who seem to have this incredibly negative view of what goes on here, simply because it's not possible for them to read all the way through it. Are we allowed to do something like that? Is it against the rules of the board? Just thinking out loud...maybe similair ideas have already been thought of...or rejected...i dunno.... :lol:

diamondheart Newbie
I wish I understood more about how BioSET really works. :P

Me too. I got cleared for all these foods, but I'm still having intestinal problems. Obviously, the food intolerances aren't the only problem. Whatever dysbiosis I had came back. I have been trying to be patient as I've only been on the herbs less than two weeks. I know it takes at least two weeks for the herbs to work. I'm wondering if I had the dysbiosis first and that caused the food intolerances. Or was it that I had the gluten intolerance first and that started the whole thing 7 years ago when my chiropractor first diagnosed me through muscle testing? Well, I have another appointment with Dr. F Wednesday, so I'll be grilling him.

I don't understand what all the BioSET "panels" are. I've only seen Dr. F use about two or three different boxes of panels. I don't know if he has a whole separate metals panel or thyroid panel. For example, for the bacteria, I don't think he has a panel for all the different ones. He wants laboratory tests done to confirm him. If I remember, I'll have to ask him Wednesday. Dr. F is kinda funny because he's skeptical about some of the methods he uses! He thinks BioSET works for some people and not others. He doesn't think it's the cure for everything. I actually appreciate that kind of practicality and from my experience, I agree with him. I think it's just one piece in the puzzle of healing.

Probably the best thing I've gotten out of BioSET, and this may sound weird, is that I know for sure that gluten is a problem for me. I don't have the celiac genes and I'm way past getting a useful endoscopy since I've been off gluten for so long. My Enterolab results were all negative, but I chalked that up to being off gluten and dairy for so long. Then, I found out I had a low secretory IgA, maybe from having bacterial dysbiosis, and that would have made my Enterolab results useless anyways. All I had was this statement about my genetics for "gluten sensitivity" that I believed at first then began questioning because of the lack of published data by Dr. Fine. I think Rachel was the one who got me wondering about it. After all that, the BioSET treatments, and DH getting tested by Dr. F for food intolerances and not having any, that I'm finally convinced that gluten is indeed a real issue for me.

Oh...and for the record....I cant eat dairy anymore. I stopped eating ice cream :o ....it wasnt hard to do but I'm really worried about losing weight without it. :(

Congratulations on giving up ice cream :D !

I am thinking seriously about giving the bio set thing a chance. I am going to talk to my doctor about it again. How long have you been doing it now? I ahve at least 3 more weeks of the antiobiotic treatment left and then we are going to evaluate how I am feeling. I am half way through though.

Miamia

Miamia, How is the IV antibiotics going?

Carla, congratulations on finding some help! I'm impressed that you have six kids. My mom had six of us and I think it was a huge stress on her body physically, not to mention emotionally.

I just updated the subtitle to this thread to "When a Gluten-Free Diet Isn't Enough." My personal opinion of this thread is that you are all treating it like it is a forum rather than a thread. It is far too long to be helpful to most people, who would likely never read through it all (would you?). I think your efforts here would serve people much better if you started a new thread for each topic that you want to discuss--then people can find the info, and get involved in topics that interest them, rather than trying to follow and jump into a 800+ page thread.

Take care,

Scott

As one who jumped in on page 700-something, I didn't read all the posts. I think I understand what this thread is about, and it is what it is. I can see that it would be good to have separate threads, and I see that it would be good to keep this thread. I can see both ways, so I don't really have a preference either way at this point! Anyways, I've learned a lot about other topics that I might not if I'd just been reading certain threads.

I think I jumped in on this thread mostly because I just happened to be starting BioSET at the same time as some other people. I don't know of anyone else or of any other boards that talk about it. It's been helpful.

Claire

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Mango :D

Not being very computer-savvy, I don't know if what you suggest is possible.

But, I agree that there is so much valuable info in here, and it would be a shame for it to get lost. There were things that I figured out by talking here on this thread that literally helped my recovery (that was stalled for 9 months post gluten-free) go forward.

Mango04 Enthusiast
Hi Mango :D

But, I agree that there is so much valuable info in here, and it would be a shame for it to get lost. There were things that I figured out by talking here on this thread that literally helped my recovery (that was stalled for 9 months post gluten-free) go forward.

Hi Patti!

I'm thinking along the lines of copying and pasting the useful posts into another document, leaving out the chit chat about geese and stuff. Then re-organizing it a bit so all the posts about corn intolerance are together...same with msg, bioset, water filters, dairy, cysts, histamine etc. etc. etc. Could take years though. :blink::lol: Who knows. Just a thought... :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Take care,

Scott

Hmmmm. Scott, I do see your point. Perhaps the above-mentioned editing of hundreds of pages to several documents sorted by subject (Bioset, mercury, Lyme, etc.) might partially address this. The problem is that these issues, at least for some here, are so intertwined, that they are NOT really separate issues.

I, for one, HAVE been trying to keep up with this thread, even though (to my knowledge) I do not have Lyme, and I am not considering Bioset treatments in the very near future. I have learned an enormous amount from the research that Rachel & co. have been doing, and from the brainstorming that goes on in this thread.

As far as the chit-chat--that is often my only link to sanity!

jerseyangel Proficient
Hi Patti!

I'm thinking along the lines of copying and pasting the useful posts into another document, leaving out the chit chat about geese and stuff. Then re-organizing it a bit so all the posts about corn intolerance are together...same with msg, bioset, water filters, dairy, cysts, histamine etc. etc. etc. Could take years though. :blink::lol: Who knows. Just a thought... :lol:

Sounds like a good thought to me :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
The problem is that these issues, at least for some here, are so intertwined, that they are NOT really separate issues.

Alison,

I think this is exactly true. Unfortunately, for alot of us its exactly the way the Dr. describes it....as layers of an onion....all needing to be be unpeeled until you truelly get *all* of the answers and regain your health.

Its alot of work and these things truelly are intertwined....each affecting the other.

I dont think any of us knew this at the start of the thread. Its sort of evolved and through the research and sharing of Dr. visits we've come to realize that there is no *one* answer. Our bodies didnt fall apart in one day and its not going to take *one* thing to "fix" it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head as far as why this thread seems to provide more help (for some) then seperate threads on individual topics. It would make sense that someone wanting to search specific information (such as candida) would benefit from a thread that focuses soley on that....and there are many threads like this.

It seems like alot of people with similar symptoms to my own dont really know where to look. When things like this happen and you do everything perfect as far as eliminating gluten, giving up so many foods and still not making big leaps into the direction of recovery...it starts to get scary.

You start to get scared and wonder if you are the only person feeling this way...and it can get lonely. I know for myself it was really bringing me down. People around you cant relate and nobody understands what is happening. I didnt know where I could get help because I didnt understand all that was involved in my illness.

I think that the fact that these issues ARE so very intertwined would make it hard to get a full picture or figure out which pieces of the puzzle apply directly to your own situation....or even get an understanding as to how one things leads to the next...if they were all to be recognized as seperate issues.

Its kind of like going to several different doctors....when all you really need is one who understands the relationship between all of these things and how to "fix" it. You would probably be less successful spreading yourself out....seeing different doctors who are treating each symptom individually...and not working together as a team.

In the case of severe leaky gut.....there is inevitably going to be multiple factors involved and many things that would need to be addressed in order to heal and to build the immune system back up to where it needs to be to remain healthy.

I'm not computer savvy either.....I dont know if its possible??

It seems like it might be easier to access certain information but I dont know if it would make sense in seperate topics....since like Alison pointed out...they are all interwined....like a big huge ball of yarn.

NoGluGirl Contributor
Alison,

I think this is exactly true. Unfortunately, for alot of us its exactly the way the Dr. describes it....as layers of an onion....all needing to be be unpeeled until you truelly get *all* of the answers and regain your health.

Its alot of work and these things truelly are intertwined....each affecting the other.

I dont think any of us knew this at the start of the thread. Its sort of evolved and through the research and sharing of Dr. visits we've come to realize that there is no *one* answer. Our bodies didnt fall apart in one day and its not going to take *one* thing to "fix" it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head as far as why this thread seems to provide more help (for some) then seperate threads on individual topics. It would make sense that someone wanting to search specific information (such as candida) would benefit from a thread that focuses soley on that....and there are many threads like this.

It seems like alot of people with similar symptoms to my own dont really know where to look. When things like this happen and you do everything perfect as far as eliminating gluten, giving up so many foods and still not making big leaps into the direction of recovery...it starts to get scary.

You start to get scared and wonder if you are the only person feeling this way...and it can get lonely. I know for myself it was really bringing me down. People around you cant relate and nobody understands what is happening. I didnt know where I could get help because I didnt understand all that was involved in my illness.

I think that the fact that these issues ARE so very intertwined would make it hard to get a full picture or figure out which pieces of the puzzle apply directly to your own situation....or even get an understanding as to how one things leads to the next...if they were all to be recognized as seperate issues.

Its kind of like going to several different doctors....when all you really need is one who understands the relationship between all of these things and how to "fix" it. You would probably be less successful spreading yourself out....seeing different doctors who are treating each symptom individually...and not working together as a team.

In the case of severe leaky gut.....there is inevitably going to be multiple factors involved and many things that would need to be addressed in order to heal and to build the immune system back up to where it needs to be to remain healthy.

I'm not computer savvy either.....I dont know if its possible??

It seems like it might be easier to access certain information but I dont know if it would make sense in seperate topics....since like Alison pointed out...they are all interwined....like a big huge ball of yarn.

Dear Rachel--24,

I might be able to do this. I think all I would have to do is go through and paste and copy into word. That should not be too hard. It will, however, take some time. I have been around computers since I was three, in fact, I even learned how to spell by playing Wheel of Fortune! I still love that game! I am good at it too!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

AndreaB Contributor

Yes, it would be possible as noglugirl has said. It would be very time consuming.

bknutson Apprentice

Rachael,

I am so sorry. I thought I had it rough. and you are so young. I to take thyroid pills and have wondered why I keep having the gluten problem maybe mine is also something else. Hon you hang in there and you will get it all together.

Barb

CarlaB Enthusiast

I think Scott has a point, yet I think it's been more of a chat room where we bounce ideas off each other than a forum. I see that the previous pages could be rewritten to be more useful, almost like a chapter book, but that doesn't answer how to take it from here.

I think it would be good to keep it as it is. Many of us were not here from the beginning. Some read all the posts every day and others drop in. This has become a place where people are referred from other parts of the forum when gluten-free isn't enough, so the new title is appropriate. Usually when people are referred here, the person referring them mentions that they shouldn't read the whole thread, just to jump in and ask for ideas, so I don't think anyone reads it from the beginning, yet we can put together all we've learned and answer their questions from what we've learned.

If all these were put into separate posts, it would break up the community of support we've established. We've all been going through all our health issues together, yet we all end up having different issues. We wouldn't be chatting if it was broken up into separate threads.

I've come to no conclusion with this ... just bringing up some points. Right now we've been kind of a brainstorming group that people have come to for help when they're just not finding answers for ongoing health issues that haven't been resolved by being gluten-free, dairy-free, etc. I think this group/thread serves a purpose, yet I agree that there is information buried here that is hard to find.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachael,

I am so sorry. I thought I had it rough. and you are so young. I to take thyroid pills and have wondered why I keep having the gluten problem maybe mine is also something else. Hon you hang in there and you will get it all together.

Barb

Thanks Barb :)

I'm hanging in there and I know I'll get it all together....one of these days. :D

cbnanny Newbie

Hey there I heard about someone working at Starbucks on this page. I'm a coffee person too!!! Big time, lived in Seattle for years, and coffee was and is still apart of my life. I went and talked to a manager at my local regularly visited Starbucks and found out there is gulten in the chocolate and many of the syrups there, she also told me to always ask because with new drinks, new powders/mixes are made for them and what's in them may differ. She told me they not using gluten would drive the price up. Is it just me or does five dollars for esspresso, soymilk and a little pump of chocolate more than compensate for gluten free in my mind? I can buy a box of cookies for that!

There is another coffee shop I fequent "Rico Latte" in Stow, Ohio and thier chocolate, coffee, free trade hot cocoa and syrups are glten free, just want all to know.

Hang in there!

Christy

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hey there I heard about someone working at Starbucks on this page. I'm a coffee person too!!! Big time, lived in Seattle for years, and coffee was and is still apart of my life. I went and talked to a manager at my local regularly visited Starbucks and found out there is gulten in the chocolate and many of the syrups there, she also told me to always ask because with new drinks, new powders/mixes are made for them and what's in them may differ. She told me they not using gluten would drive the price up. Is it just me or does five dollars for esspresso, soymilk and a little pump of chocolate more than compensate for gluten free in my mind? I can buy a box of cookies for that!

There is another coffee shop I fequent "Rico Latte" in Stow, Ohio and thier chocolate, coffee, free trade hot cocoa and syrups are glten free, just want all to know.

Hang in there!

Christy

Starbucks corporate offices say that all their drinks are gluten free except for the frapps that have chips in them. There is also a lady who is a lifelong celiac who works at our Starbucks and she's confirmed for me that this is true.

I do always ask about new drinks. I would guess the manager you spoke with misunderstood what gluten is (could she have been thinking "glucose").

You can call 1-800-23latte to talk to them about the product ingredients.

evie Rookie

I have a suggestion for a subtitle: 'When the gluten-free diet isn't enough'.

""When the gluten-free diet isn't enough to make us heal.""'.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI Evie Rachel and all.

I agree with both sides ...no help at all is it.

1. it's the brainstorming..as Carla said ..that has 'triggered' so many other ideas that take us down a different path than we started but it's a path to more knowledge..

2.. It is very hard to pull specific info out of the thread i agree. It also doesn't come up easily in the 'search mode' on here at least for me.

what i've done is put the OMG thread on 'email alerts' and read them and if it's a topic like 'candida' i just send it to my email and put into my candida folder but won't help others who have not done this.

It's really a hard on to figure out. It's when someone says somehing that triggers someone else's experience and then the 'ball of yarn' thanks Rachel just grows bigger.

judy

Scott Adams Grand Master

Just for the record Mango04 I don't think my view of what goes on here is "incredibly negative." My suggestion that this thread should be broken into dozens of smaller, more focused threads isn't negative at all, and it would actually serve people much better. After all it was you who just proposed "editing out all the nonsense and chit chat, and putting all of the incredibly useful information from this thread into one word document." Such a task would not be necessary if everyone here simply used threads in the manner that they are meant to be used--start a new one for each new topic.

As it is now only a handful of people will ever dare to go through this thread...and this isn't the opinion of someone who doesn't know or understand a thing or two about message boards and how they can be most helpful to the majority of their visitors--or someone who doesn't understand how to best present information to people.

Take care,

Scott Adams

I have this weird inkling of an idea that involves us going back (I know - crazy) and editing out all the nonsense and chit chat, and putting all of the incredibly useful information from this thread into one word document (or something) so it can be available to people who might want it. The information can be grouped into topics so it's readable and easy to understand. You're all welcome to tell me that's nuts and impossible haha.

I just think the information in this thread has literally been a lifesaver for some, and yet there are other people out there who seem to have this incredibly negative view of what goes on here, simply because it's not possible for them to read all the way through it. Are we allowed to do something like that? Is it against the rules of the board? Just thinking out loud...maybe similair ideas have already been thought of...or rejected...i dunno.... :lol:

LL04 Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I've been not feeling very well so I haven't been by.

I just wanted to say that I thank all of you soooo much, especially Rachel for everything that I have learned from this thread. I did read the entire thread from start to finish when I realized how informed and knowledgeable all you wonderful people are. I was desperate and I was never so glad to find a place that had more information on it than I have learned since becoming ill almost three years ago. I think anyone who feels like I did would be more than willing to give up a few hours of their time to read this thread and see if it provides the answer they too are looking for. I don't think this thread should be broken up nor do I think it can be. I think it is important to see how in Rachel's particular case, her opinions and research has evolved and where the roads she has travelled have led her. Invaluable information in my opinion.

As for an update for me, I went to my GI on Thursday and guess what?? Yes she prescribed a stronger dosage of antacids even though I told her they didn't make me feel better. She has no clue of half of what my symptoms are. We travelled an hour to see her and I was in her office all of 3 minutes. What a waste. I won't be going back. I did get the name of a LLMD in my area and lucky enough he is one of the doctor's on CanLyme's Board of Directors so I emailed that info to my MD and told him that to get a proper diagnosis I should go see this LLMD. I went to see him (my MD) Thursday as well. He said he wanted to check the LLMD's credentials before he sent me there...whatever, even if he doesn't send me...I'm going!! He also sent me for another Lyme blood test IgG IgM, which I fully expect to come back negative. The bad news is, is that he can't get the WB done unless that test comes back positive so I'll have to get the one from IgeniX done instead. I am also waiting for the local naturopath to call me back for an appointment, so hopefully I'll get that call tomorrow.

I read everything here that is going on with everyone, and although I don't have a lot of time to post and I'm feeling so crappy and the fact that I'm so new to this thread, I sympathize with you all. I would like to communicate more, but I just can't. Please don't abandon this thread or leave....not now, when I'm just getting some good help!! Rachel, Carla, Donna, Claire, Patti, Nikki, NoGluGirl, Mango, Susie, Judy, Andrea, Evie, FiddleFaddle (I know I've forgotten some names!!) and everyone else here on this thread....keep up the great work, I appreciate it more than you can know! :)

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Scott, I really do understand your point about helping others by breaking this information down into smaller, more focused threads.

You are right--and you are wrong.

You are right in that it would definitely help others to be able to more easily find the information Rachel and others are coming up with.

You are wrong in thinking that we can or should organize this sort of thing on the fly. This is basically a conversation--we are bouncing ideas and experiences off each other on issues that are not stand-alone, unrelated ones, but are so closely connected that we cannot yet tell which ones caused the others.

What with brain fog, tummy aches, busy schedules, etc., it's hard enough just being able to put these things into words sometimes. This thread has been a lifesaver for the "handful" that you mentioned, but if we have to start a new thread every time our health issues take a new turn, how are we going to connect with each other? Most of us don't have time to read every new thread here, much as we'd like to!

If you've got approximately 20 people reading each post on this thread, isn't that a good thing?

If you're willing to have a category to discuss "anything BUT celiac", why would you try to force us to organize our thoughts--which ARE about celiac and related issues-- here on this thread before posting them? We're trying to come up with answers to very real problems here; just because we are not ready to publish in the Lancet doesn't mean that anything about this thread, even the chitchat, is invalid.

Please be patient with us all as we try to sort this out.

Thanks,

Alison

miamia Rookie

I think it would be impossible to seperate this sthread into different ones- so many of us suffer from multiple issues and that is why there are so many topics are disussed here. While a few of us have beeen here since the beginning so many others have jumped in along the way showing it is obviosly possible. The amount of people that have gained knowledge and help from this thread greatly outweighs any issues on it containging "too much" in my opinion.

Miamia

dlp252 Apprentice

Thank you girls for saying so beautifully what I've been trying to think of to say since yesterday! I think it would be a shame to change the dynamics of this thread at this point in time. I believe that eventually it will evolve on its own anyway, but for now WE need it.

dlp252 Apprentice
Me too. I got cleared for all these foods, but I'm still having intestinal problems. Obviously, the food intolerances aren't the only problem. Whatever dysbiosis I had came back. I have been trying to be patient as I've only been on the herbs less than two weeks. I know it takes at least two weeks for the herbs to work. I'm wondering if I had the dysbiosis first and that caused the food intolerances. Or was it that I had the gluten intolerance first and that started the whole thing 7 years ago when my chiropractor first diagnosed me through muscle testing? Well, I have another appointment with Dr. F Wednesday, so I'll be grilling him.

I don't understand what all the BioSET "panels" are. I've only seen Dr. F use about two or three different boxes of panels. I don't know if he has a whole separate metals panel or thyroid panel. For example, for the bacteria, I don't think he has a panel for all the different ones. He wants laboratory tests done to confirm him. If I remember, I'll have to ask him Wednesday. Dr. F is kinda funny because he's skeptical about some of the methods he uses! He thinks BioSET works for some people and not others. He doesn't think it's the cure for everything. I actually appreciate that kind of practicality and from my experience, I agree with him. I think it's just one piece in the puzzle of healing.

Probably the best thing I've gotten out of BioSET, and this may sound weird, is that I know for sure that gluten is a problem for me. I don't have the celiac genes and I'm way past getting a useful endoscopy since I've been off gluten for so long. My Enterolab results were all negative, but I chalked that up to being off gluten and dairy for so long. Then, I found out I had a low secretory IgA, maybe from having bacterial dysbiosis, and that would have made my Enterolab results useless anyways. All I had was this statement about my genetics for "gluten sensitivity" that I believed at first then began questioning because of the lack of published data by Dr. Fine. I think Rachel was the one who got me wondering about it. After all that, the BioSET treatments, and DH getting tested by Dr. F for food intolerances and not having any, that I'm finally convinced that gluten is indeed a real issue for me.

Well interestingly I was able to wear my 14kt gold earrings yesterday for the entire day. Put them in at 7:00 a.m. and didn't take them out until around 7:00 p.m. Ears didn't hurt and didn't even forgot I was wearing earrings at one point. The right ear was fine, but the left ear had just a little pain and a little weepage when I took the earring out. So maybe the treatment on Saturday actually helped a little. The final test will be to wear earring in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th holes in each ear though. :lol:

I find it interesting and refreshing that your doctor has doubts about the BioSET treatments for everyone. I get the feeling that the girl who does my treatment thinks that it just works...I don't even think she questions it.

I haven't been treated for foods yet, but that will be a really good test to see if it really works for me I guess, lol. And, I agree, it has been very helpful in confirming that some things are really issues. Mercury is a biggie for me, lol.

Archived