This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confused Community Regular
Paula,

So far all of my doctors want me on the anti-candida diet...it'll keep the symptoms down until we start treating more agressively.

Good for you on insisting on completely gluten free house! THe more you can minimize the accidentaly glutenings the more you'll be able to heal.

Here are some of my mold links:

Open Original Shared Link

And one addressing diet:

thank you andrea, i will be looking at those now.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShadowSwallow Newbie

Welcome, Paula. :D

Sherry, I hope your massage goes well and it doesn't stir up any more nasties. :)

Andrea,

Do you know of any list for ASYRA practitioners? I used BioSet for 10 years and while it helped, it didn't address the root of my problems. This could be a very good next step for me, while we're trying to figure out the lyme/metals stuff, but I can't find a list of them, or any in my area. :huh:

aprilh Apprentice
Do you think it would be best just to worry about getting my numbers down first or should i at least try the candida diet also. I told hubby this house was going completely gluten free on the first, cause i cant do this anymore. I got glutened christmas eve day cause i was cleaning the house from top to top and cleaned up pizza and donuts and other gluten stuff. I was in so much pain christmas morning. But that was like the first time i got glutened in over an month.

I am going to go research more on mold, anyone know of any good websites on that?

paula

Paula,

Just a thought on this.....if you were doing some heavy cleaning..you could have stirred up mold spores which could have caused your pain.

Gluten free is a good choice for the anti-candida diet. Heavy metals especially mercury wreak havoc on our digestive systems making it hard to digest certain things. Gluten and dairy are the two biggest items. I felt tons better after removing them from the diet. Dairy feeds yeast anyway.

I had to take antifungals because I had a systemic yeast infection. Nystatin only works in the gut area. Sometimes the yeast can travel outside the gut - in a leaky gut type situation - therefore needing something stronger that can get into the bloodstream. I did not use any Rx's I just used caprylic acid, garlic, oregano oil - things like that. It is good to rotate the antifungals so the yeast do not become used to them. Some say every 10 days. A good probiotic is a must - but take it away from your antifungals. If you take garlic - make sure it is fresh. Also, the sulphur in garlic can move metals so have some activated charcoal and chlorella handy if it does so. The good thing about garlic is that it does not kill the good bacteria in the body - just the bad unlike some of the other antifungals.

If you have liver issues - this may not be a good choice - just because you need your sulphation pathways to be working to handle it. My phase II pathways are sluggish and I really feel wierd if I eat too much garlic. I have to take extra NAC and Molybdenum to deal with it.

I occasionally add it to my juicing regimen.

AndreaB Contributor
Do you know of any list for ASYRA practitioners? I used BioSet for 10 years and while it helped, it didn't address the root of my problems. This could be a very good next step for me, while we're trying to figure out the lyme/metals stuff, but I can't find a list of them, or any in my area. :huh:

I'm not aware of one. My practitioner uses ART (autonomic response testing) so that may be the way to go. She incorporated ASYRA into the ART.....basically it makes ART a quicker session as it pinpoints problems and ART locates/verifies them and finds the correct dosage of whatever supplements to help the body deal with it.

Sherry,

For you and the first time you go, the ART session will be longer, any sessions after that for ASYRA/ART would be shorter as far as I know. That may vary from person to person too, depending on what they are dealing with.

tom Contributor

Re: anti-candida diet

. . You can still have fruit as long as it does not inhibit you from getting better.

While this may be true for some people, there's no way to tell if the fruit IS (or was?) preventing recovery until you go w/out it for a while.

If someone's getting better while having some fruit, that's great of course.

I went all-out and wouldn't even have a carrot, as it's considered sweet enough to feed the yeastbeast.

No way was I gonna provide ANYthing to the enemy within. :)

Paula,

Just a thought on this.....if you were doing some heavy cleaning..you could have stirred up mold spores which could have caused your pain.

Gluten free is a good choice for the anti-candida diet. Heavy metals especially mercury wreak havoc on our digestive systems making it hard to digest certain things. Gluten and dairy are the two biggest items. I felt tons better after removing them from the diet. Dairy feeds yeast anyway.

I had to take antifungals because I had a systemic yeast infection. Nystatin only works in the gut area. Sometimes the yeast can travel outside the gut - in a leaky gut type situation - therefore needing something stronger that can get into the bloodstream. I did not use any Rx's I just used caprylic acid, garlic, oregano oil - things like that. It is good to rotate the antifungals so the yeast do not become used to them. Some say every 10 days. A good probiotic is a must - but take it away from your antifungals. If you take garlic - make sure it is fresh. Also, the sulphur in garlic can move metals so have some activated charcoal and chlorella handy if it does so. The good thing about garlic is that it does not kill the good bacteria in the body - just the bad unlike some of the other antifungals.

If you have liver issues - this may not be a good choice - just because you need your sulphation pathways to be working to handle it. My phase II pathways are sluggish and I really feel wierd if I eat too much garlic. I have to take extra NAC and Molybdenum to deal with it.

I occasionally add it to my juicing regimen.

Well i really dont think there is still mold in the house. When we had the mold problem, we had to tear out the whole bathroom and re do everything, the same for the kitchen. In the other rooms we got rid of the flooring and put an whole new floor in, it cost us more then 50,000 to get rid of the mold, tg it was an insurance claim. Everything that came into contact with the mold we replaced. the whole upstairs we redid the floors to and tore everything out of the upstairs bathroom. The ceiling done here that had mold from the upstairs bathroom, got taken out and replaced. We were remoldiling for over 6 months. I guess there could still be a little mold spores, but i highly doubt it, unless i have a new mold issue going on that im not aware of.

I cant eat garlic it makes me so stick. Or maybe the garlic is doing its job and that is why its making me sick., could that be the case.

I think they checked my liver, i will go pick up an copy of all the blood work tommorow. SInce my dr is not in on thursdays.

I also thought of one more thing, years ago i got my ears pierced and it did damage to my ears, and i can not wear anything that is not gold. Could this be a sign of metal toxicity?

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast
We were remoldiling for over 6 months.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I cant eat garlic it makes me so stick. Or maybe the garlic is doing its job and that is why its making me sick., could that be the case.

Definitely! Garlic made me sick years ago when I had candida/mercury. So did onions .... so I ate lots of both! Now they have no effect on me. I took garlic in capsule form for years after that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Definitely! Garlic made me sick years ago when I had candida/mercury. So did onions .... so I ate lots of both! Now they have no effect on me. I took garlic in capsule form for years after that.

thanks carla, is there anything i can do to feel better when i eat this stuff, so im not so sick when i eat it. And would it be best to eat it raw or cooked? Or could i just take the pills, or would i still be as sick with the pills?

paula

opps i didnt even notice my typo on remoldiling lmao, ok we were remodeling lmao

dlp252 Apprentice

:lol: well remoldiling was appropriate! :lol:

I also thought of one more thing, years ago i got my ears pierced and it did damage to my ears, and i can not wear anything that is not gold. Could this be a sign of metal toxicity?

I think it's metals for me. I have four pierces in each ear. I used to be able to wear any type of earrings, even cheapo metals. Then I got sensitive to the cheap stuff but could still wear silver and gold. Then I got sensitive to the silver. Next was gold. I can't wear any at all anymore. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Do you think Dr. E up in Bellevue will be able to check for the presence of bartonella? Does anyone know?

She should be able to if thats something she regularly checks for. I know Dr. Amy checks for all coinfections as well as other infections. Shes primarily working with Lyme patients and Autistic children though. I'm not sure what Dr. E's experience is with Lyme...they both specialize in different areas.

confusedks Enthusiast

Sheesh...I go to sleep and come back...20 pages later...lol! :P

Paula,

You mentioned your anemia is getting better. What were/are your numbers? That *could* be a part of why you're so exhausted. I am sure there is more going on, but anemia can be very problematic. I get that one, I just finished a series of iron IV's because my numbers were so low.

I agree with Tom about keeping all of that stuff out of your diet until you can figure out if it's causing trouble.

Carla,

Right before I went to bed, I took my temp again and it was 97.0 :unsure:. I will have to research more of that later.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Paula,

As someone mentioned already its not likely that just one thing is going on. As the immune system is dealing with many different insults things start to pile up. It can start with the heavy metals...do you have amalgams??

Mercury puts a heavy burden on the immune system and can also affect every system in the body....including the digestive system. Mercury vapor can alter the normal balance of good/bad bacteria in the gut...antibiotics can worsen the situation by killing off even more beneficial bacteria.

If you had no noticeable symptoms prior to the mold exposure it doesnt mean that there are no other factors involved. The mold was most likely the straw that broke the camels back and pushed your immune system too far....so that you now have chronic symptoms. This means too many things have piled up and your immune system needs help.

Toxic mold puts a heavy burden on the immune system. Any toxins that we are continually exposed to can significantly impair the body's ability to detoxify. This means that your body becomes less able to deal with the constant exposure to mercury from fillings, chemicals in food, environmenmental toxins, etc.

The more things are accumulating in the body the more sensitive we become to foods, chemicals, metals etc...so YES...you can then become sensitive to jewelery that your body once tolerated just fine. I'm now sensitive to any metals touching my skin...except gold. Occasionally I start reacting to the gold as well...but only if I load my body up with junk or expose myself to alot of toxins.

Once your immune system is weakened opportunistic infections can get the upper hand....creating an even greater level of toxicity in the body. The waste produced by candida is very toxic and is a huge stress to the liver. Same with parasites which are undoubtedly a part of the picture for anyone who's chronically ill and dealing with candida.

The parasites are common...its estimated that from 85-95% of people do have parasites. They're everywhere so its not easy to be completely free of them. Those who have digestive problems and yeast overgrowths almost certainly have parasites as well. Parasites can keep the body from healing and can prevent candida from being treated effectively.

Lyme is another opportunistic organism. Many people with strong immune systems can live with a Lyme infection and have no obvious symtpoms. Once the immune system is weakened by constant exposure to mercury (from amalgams, fish, water, air, etc) and other toxins you then are more susceptible to opportunistic infections.

If your body is genetically susceptible to mold toxins or Lyme toxins..you will have more trouble detoxing them and the metals along with everyday exposure to toxins will begin to accumlate quickly. The more toxic you are the more things begin to pile up on you....eventually there is too much and everything comes crashing down.

Unfortunately its never just one thing...it usually takes alot of stress on the body to get to the point that we're chronically ill with many food intolerances.

Candida is a symptom. It means that things are "off" in your body. Your body is no longer in balance and the yeast is no longer in check...as it would be in a healthy body.

Definately do the diet...it will help you feel MUCH better....but its not likely to cure you. If you have amalgams and your body has already reached a high level of toxicity it will most likely be difficult to recover with the constant exposure to mercury.

If your symptoms are caused by yeast....I would start looking at the mercury. Mercury and yeast go hand in hand. Yeast binds with mercury so when there are high levels of yeast there are usually high levels of mercury and vice versa.

A DMPS challenge is the the most accurate test to access heavy metal burden....it should NOT be done if you still have fillings in place. In this case a DMSA challenge is safer.

The first step in addressing the metals is getting the amalgams removed safely.

Hair analysis is also useful. Even though it might not show elevated metals you can look at the essential minerals for clues as to whether or not you might be mercury toxic.

A person can be extremely toxic from mercury and yet not have it showing up in the hair...thats because it is not being excreted...the body isnt letting go of it. If the mercury levels are within range....BUT the essential minerals (calcium, magnesium, zinc, etc) are out of balance (too high or too low)....this is very indicative of mercury toxicity.

I would start with a hair analysis if you still have amalgams.

Even if you discovered you do have Lyme you will still have to deal with the metals....most (if not all) people with Lyme also have elevated levels of heavy metals.

Listen to your body....follow your gut instinct. This is what I have done and its worked for me. :)

Paula,

As someone mentioned already its not likely that just one thing is going on. As the immune system is dealing with many different insults things start to pile up. It can start with the heavy metals...do you have amalgams??

Mercury puts a heavy burden on the immune system and can also affect every system in the body....including the digestive system. Mercury vapor can alter the normal balance of good/bad bacteria in the gut...antibiotics can worsen the situation by killing off even more beneficial bacteria.

If you had no noticeable symptoms prior to the mold exposure it doesnt mean that there are no other factors involved. The mold was most likely the straw that broke the camels back and pushed your immune system too far....so that you now have chronic symptoms. This means too many things have piled up and your immune system needs help.

Toxic mold puts a heavy burden on the immune system. Any toxins that we are continually exposed to can significantly impair the body's ability to detoxify. This means that your body becomes less able to deal with the constant exposure to mercury from fillings, chemicals in food, environmenmental toxins, etc.

The more things are accumulating in the body the more sensitive we become to foods, chemicals, metals etc...so YES...you can then become sensitive to jewelery that your body once tolerated just fine. I'm now sensitive to any metals touching my skin...except gold. Occasionally I start reacting to the gold as well...but only if I load my body up with junk or expose myself to alot of toxins.

Once your immune system is weakened opportunistic infections can get the upper hand....creating an even greater level of toxicity in the body. The waste produced by candida is very toxic and is a huge stress to the liver. Same with parasites which are undoubtedly a part of the picture for anyone who's chronically ill and dealing with candida.

The parasites are common...its estimated that from 85-95% of people do have parasites. They're everywhere so its not easy to be completely free of them. Those who have digestive problems and yeast overgrowths almost certainly have parasites as well. Parasites can keep the body from healing and can prevent candida from being treated effectively.

Lyme is another opportunistic organism. Many people with strong immune systems can live with a Lyme infection and have no obvious symtpoms. Once the immune system is weakened by constant exposure to mercury (from amalgams, fish, water, air, etc) and other toxins you then are more susceptible to opportunistic infections.

If your body is genetically susceptible to mold toxins or Lyme toxins..you will have more trouble detoxing them and the metals along with everyday exposure to toxins will begin to accumlate quickly. The more toxic you are the more things begin to pile up on you....eventually there is too much and everything comes crashing down.

Unfortunately its never just one thing...it usually takes alot of stress on the body to get to the point that we're chronically ill with many food intolerances.

Candida is a symptom. It means that things are "off" in your body. Your body is no longer in balance and the yeast is no longer in check...as it would be in a healthy body.

Definately do the diet...it will help you feel MUCH better....but its not likely to cure you. If you have amalgams and your body has already reached a high level of toxicity it will most likely be difficult to recover with the constant exposure to mercury.

If your symptoms are caused by yeast....I would start looking at the mercury. Mercury and yeast go hand in hand. Yeast binds with mercury so when there are high levels of yeast there are usually high levels of mercury and vice versa.

A DMPS challenge is the the most accurate test to access heavy metal burden....it should NOT be done if you still have fillings in place. In this case a DMSA challenge is safer.

The first step in addressing the metals is getting the amalgams removed safely.

Hair analysis is also useful. Even though it might not show elevated metals you can look at the essential minerals for clues as to whether or not you might be mercury toxic.

A person can be extremely toxic from mercury and yet not have it showing up in the hair...thats because it is not being excreted...the body isnt letting go of it. If the mercury levels are within range....BUT the essential minerals (calcium, magnesium, zinc, etc) are out of balance (too high or too low)....this is very indicative of mercury toxicity.

I would start with a hair analysis if you still have amalgams.

Even if you discovered you do have Lyme you will still have to deal with the metals....most (if not all) people with Lyme also have elevated levels of heavy metals.

Listen to your body....follow your gut instinct. This is what I have done and its worked for me. :)

thank you rachel for all that. Now my mind is going in every which way possible.

Yes i have amalgams.

paula

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Nerves!!!!! :(:unsure::blink:

Of course, I can't leave well enough alone and started checking up on the LLMD I'm seeing tomorrow. Was surfing other message boards to see what patients thought about him. Hrm....

Apparently, he not only doesn't use Igenex labs, but doesn't treat co-infections. He also makes his patients do any abx IVs in his office, rather than at home. Yeah, I can see me driving there and back while herxing (provided lyme is my problem). Uh-huh.

Now I've got all kinds of doubts about this guy. Don't know if I want to cancel and make an appt with someone else or just go to the appt tomorrow and feel him out for myself.

AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!

dlp252 Apprentice

Egads, Nyxie, what a dilema! What lab DOES he use?! Does that mean he only does abx by IV? Wow. :blink:

Nyxie63 Apprentice
Egads, Nyxie, what a dilema! What lab DOES he use?! Does that mean he only does abx by IV? Wow. :blink:

Apparently he uses a lab in New Jersey, dunno the name of it. From what I've read, he doesn't like Igenex because "everyone always has positive test results" with them. Nobody has said anything about oral abx.

Honestly, I don't know what to do.

CarlaB Enthusiast
thanks carla, is there anything i can do to feel better when i eat this stuff, so im not so sick when i eat it. And would it be best to eat it raw or cooked? Or could i just take the pills, or would i still be as sick with the pills?

paula

opps i didnt even notice my typo on remoldiling lmao, ok we were remodeling lmao

Paula, all you can do is go slowly. Keep in mind all Rachel said. If you still have amalgams, you may not be ready to upset the balance with the candida. Rachel didn't go after the candida for a while .... and she couldn't go after the metals either until she got her body detoxing properly. You might not be ready to disturb the candida. Maybe just ease into the diet .... then see if you tolerate the garlic.

I think it's metals for me. I have four pierces in each ear. I used to be able to wear any type of earrings, even cheapo metals. Then I got sensitive to the cheap stuff but could still wear silver and gold. Then I got sensitive to the silver. Next was gold. I can't wear any at all anymore. :(
I can only wear hoop type earrings or wires .... the thinner metal that allows air circulation. I can wear no posts at all. I don't have a heavy metal problem ... I did just treat lead ... I treated mercury and had amalgams removed back in 1991.

Nerves!!!!! :(:unsure::blink:

Of course, I can't leave well enough alone and started checking up on the LLMD I'm seeing tomorrow. Was surfing other message boards to see what patients thought about him. Hrm....

Apparently, he not only doesn't use Igenex labs, but doesn't treat co-infections. He also makes his patients do any abx IVs in his office, rather than at home. Yeah, I can see me driving there and back while herxing (provided lyme is my problem). Uh-huh.

Now I've got all kinds of doubts about this guy. Don't know if I want to cancel and make an appt with someone else or just go to the appt tomorrow and feel him out for myself.

AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I would wait and see when you get there. It seems that people only mention who their doctor is if they don't like him ..... there used to be a person on LN bashing my LLMD regularly ... I had a member PM me asking me all sorts of questions because of this person who used to bash him. My LLMD is great! You might be running into a little of that. Worry about all the other stuff if it becomes a problem.

The only thing I would want to be sure of is that he IS an LLMD.

mftnchn Explorer

Paula, glad you are getting all this feedback. Just one question that is probably the obvious: Have you eliminated gluten sources in personal care products? If not, it might be worth a try.

Nyxie, I agree with Carla. I'd give it a try. Maybe he would do Igenex if the other lab is negative.

LOL, that was the criticism of Bowen Labs where I had my testing...too many positives. It is now closed due to "political reasons."

Nyxie63 Apprentice

He's an LLMD. Works out of a tick-borne disease clinic. And it wasn't just the folks on LN that were saying these things about him. That's what got me wondering in the first place.

Guess I'm just overly nervous and sensitive right now. Any little bit of doubt is eating at me. Probably doesn't help that hubby now thinks I'm taking all this a bit far. My support system here has pretty much dissolved.

I'll go to the appt tomorrow and ask all kinds of questions. Since reading all this stuff today, have added a whole bunch of questions about treatment and testing.

Thanks! :)

Green12 Enthusiast
He's an LLMD. Works out of a tick-borne disease clinic. And it wasn't just the folks on LN that were saying these things about him. That's what got me wondering in the first place.

Guess I'm just overly nervous and sensitive right now. Any little bit of doubt is eating at me. Probably doesn't help that hubby now thinks I'm taking all this a bit far. My support system here has pretty much dissolved.

I'll go to the appt tomorrow and ask all kinds of questions. Since reading all this stuff today, have added a whole bunch of questions about treatment and testing.

Nyxie I understand your concerns <_<

Sorry about not getting the support you need, I hope things turn around in that daprtment soon because it is crucial to have.

Can anyone recommend a brand of charcoal?

CarlaB Enthusiast

There are tick born disease clinics that follow ISDA .... I'm not saying he's at one, just that they exist. But if they say he's an LLMD at Lymenet, he probably is. :)
mftnchn Explorer

I think beyond being an LLMD, I'd notice his attitude. He may have his opinions but does he listen to you? If things aren't working too well and you make a suggestion from your research, what's his attitude?

dlp252 Apprentice
I can only wear hoop type earrings or wires .... the thinner metal that allows air circulation. I can wear no posts at all. I don't have a heavy metal problem ... I did just treat lead ... I treated mercury and had amalgams removed back in 1991.

I can't wear any at all, not hoops, wires nor posts. Really frosts me too...I have four holes in each ear and TONS of earrings, and can't wear them anymore, lol.

I'd go...I think your plan is a good one. It's great to have someone that's seen him tell you their experiences, but on the other hand, he may have a totally different approach with you than he did with the others. Rachel and I see the same LLMD and he is doing different things for both of us because our situations are different enough. We have the same issues, but not the same bodies if that makes any sense.

Can anyone recommend a brand of charcoal?

I'm taking Solaray, but have only just started taking it within the last week or so, so not sure if I can really attest to how good it is, lol.

Paula, glad you are getting all this feedback. Just one question that is probably the obvious: Have you eliminated gluten sources in personal care products? If not, it might be worth a try.

I am glad im getting all thie feedback its just making my head spin right now lol.

Im pretty sure they are all gluten free.

I know the dove soap, shampoo and conditioner are.

Im not sure on my foundation tho. I will double check that in a bit.

Maybe i just need to get the mineral makeup then i will know for sure its gluten free.

I guess i need to check the gel i put in the kids hair, i know i mostly remember to wash my hands after.

paula

What is chacoral for.

And can some one tell me how to quote from different people posts, i just know how to qiote from one post.

paula

Archived