This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular
Machine guns, Care Bears, tassels and Charlton Heston??

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a beautiful scene that all conjures up...what a tableau! And it all makes PERFECT SENSE! These are the obvious and perfect ingredients for an outstanding, unforgettable parade. In fact, under technical writing and instructions for classic parade convening, these four things should be listed as top priority.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

I think the machine guns should fire chocolates ... and we will have sparkling grape juice for the minors.

tom Contributor
. . . . I AM starting to be a little concerned about the, uh, over-use of machine guns. :unsure:

Um, can we get a veto, Queen Bev?

Wondered when DoTL's machine-guns' role in the parade would be questioned.

But if they're just firing probiotics, magnesium & candy corn, what's the harm in indulging our new, youngest member?

**The Children are our beloved thread's FUTURE!!**

Ammo suggestions greatly encouraged. Altoids could even be shot in a gentle arc to facilitate mouth-catching by the most adroit in the throng lining the boulevards. :D:P

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Patti as my fellow twirler, shall we wear those boots with the Pom-Poms???

I missed a few pages, I was busy helping make my center pieces tonight.

Darn210 Enthusiast
I must thank you for the BEST laugh EVER on this forum.....(oops - EXCEPT for summer of 2006 w/ Cecile and all others and all shenanigans on OMG - :lol::ph34r: )

Well then, maybe I should just stop while I'm ahead.

Janet, is that your daughter's REAL HAIR!!!??? I thought it was a wig! I'm going to have to print that out and take it to my hair stylist! I WANT IT! LOL

I could probably send you some if you like. She has been known to cut it herself. Just on the sides - you know - to get that mullet look.

elye Community Regular

Yes, I move that we make every attempt to accommodate the young blood, particularly DOTL, as she appparently can offer this Procession some dancing the equal of which we'll never see. So, let's retrofit the machine guns to allow gently arcing gluten-free grape juice and chocolates. The Altoids go to the adults.

As I recall, Professor Coldheart was the evil villain in the Care Bear series and movies...I know this because my dad did the voiceover for this character in the mid-eighties. I'm therefore thinking that he should be on the CareBear float...and hey! He plays a mean ukelele! Tom, I agree that "Children are our beloved thread's future", but a few hand-picked seniors (Uncle Ray, Dad, Charlton Heston) help to maintain the fine dignity and majesty that has pervaded this whole Kingdom thus far... :D

I used to watch the 80's Care Bears all the time.

My favorites are a The Smurf's though.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast
I think the machine guns should fire chocolates ... and we will have sparkling grape juice for the minors.

I have to tell you, I read that, got to the word *sparkling*, read *sparklers" in it's stead and then just ASSUMED the rest of the sentence.

. . . and we will have sparklers . . . Now where would the Sillies suggest the sparklers go? Why I do believe they should be on the tassels. Whirling sparkler tassels! Oh What a Show That Would Be! :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
. . . but a few hand-picked seniors (Uncle Ray, Dad, Charlton Heston) help to maintain the fine dignity and majesty that has pervaded this whole Kingdom thus far... :D

Don't forget Wayne Newton!

CarlaB Enthusiast
I could probably send you some if you like. She has been known to cut it herself. Just on the sides - you know - to get that mullet look.

No, no, no, I just want the color!!! :D The picture is enough! I won't do it anyway ... I used to be a blondie like that ... my hair is still pretty blonde, but you wouldn't know it .. I dye most of it dark and my eyebrows, too.

~alex~ Explorer
I'll take melody, Alex gets high harmony ... I can't play the high notes right now.

I'm down with that as long as I don't have to play anything above the second Ab above the staff. Otherwise I recommend the use of ear plugs for all in earshot.

I used to watch the 80's Care Bears all the time.

My favorites are a The Smurf's though.

Did you ever watch the the Smoggies and the Suntots? I loved that show. It was a Canadian show but I think it played in the US as well. Open Original Shared Link

Emily, is your picture Barth from You Can't Do That on Television? Now that was a good show. My brother and I always watched that show after school.

I agree that the machine guns are a little scary. They may spook the flutists. Well at least this skittish Canadian flutist who's never even seen a hunting rifle! :P

Darn210 Enthusiast
I agree that the machine guns are a little scary. They may spook the flutists. Well at least this skittish Canadian flutist who's never even seen a hunting rifle! :P

OK, I say we axe the machine guns and go with the super soakers loaded with mojitos and sparkling grape juice (but not loaded in the same gun at the same time - that would be very very bad).

Super Soakers....those bring back some great summer memories. See we had fun toys, it wasn't all video games like now.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Tom, I agree that "Children are our beloved thread's future", but a few hand-picked seniors (Uncle Ray, Dad, Charlton Heston) help to maintain the fine dignity and majesty that has pervaded this whole Kingdom thus far... :D

Could we PLEASE have Robert Duvall? I have the HUGEST crush on him. :P And maybe Sir Sean Connery? oh I am just SURE they'd clear their schedules for this!! :lol: And since we're including such venerable company, can't leave out Sidney Poitier. :rolleyes:

I didn't know we were inviting Oompa Loompas.

:ph34r: (oops that wasn't very nice but he always looks kinda orange and definitely artificial to me)

Yes to super soakers w/ mojitos and grape juice! and sparklers on tassels! yay!

Alex - you will be SO please to know who that man is in Emily's avatar! but I'll let her tell you. ;)

Daughter-of-TheLight Apprentice
Could we PLEASE have Robert Duvall? I have the HUGEST crush on him. :P And maybe Sir Sean Connery? oh I am just SURE they'd clear their schedules for this!! :lol: And since we're including such venerable company, can't leave out Sidney Poitier. :rolleyes:

:ph34r: (oops that wasn't very nice but he always looks kinda orange and definitely artificial to me)

Yes to super soakers w/ mojitos and grape juice! and sparklers on tassels! yay!

Alex - you will be SO please to know who that man is in Emily's avatar! but I'll let her tell you. ;)

Aww. can't we have Machine guns that shoot candy corn? And Marshmellows? And chocolate? Hey, we can have super-soakers too! The more the merrier! And why the oompa loopas? They gave me nightmares when I was little.... (bad memories) And the carebears... Well, the new ones are so... ARRGHH!! yeah, we can have professor coldheart! any enemy of the Carebears is a friend of mine! OH! Can we have marshmellow shooters too? The kind you make out of pipes and you blow and hit people with marshmellows? I have one to donate! (My brother's, of course...)

Ridgewalker Contributor
Well then, maybe I should just stop while I'm ahead.

Ezra has been known to chop at his hair as well. Ya think you've got the scissors out of reach... then their arms grow while you're not looking. The last time Ez did this, he chopped the front, and it looked a bit like a slightly shorter version of Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka :o

-Sarah

Ridgewalker Contributor

GASP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, regarding favorite kids' shows... I was always a big fan of Rainbow Brite, myself... Actually.... heheh... B) ... I have a little Rainbow Brite dangling from the rearview mirror in my Blazer right now. :D

-Sarah

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Ezra has been known to chop at his hair as well. Ya think you've got the scissors out of reach... then their arms grow while you're not looking. The last time Ez did this, he chopped the front, and it looked a bit like a slightly shorter version of Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka :o

-Sarah

:lol:

that's IT!!!! It's Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka leading the parade!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, and marshmallow shooters all around!!!!!!!!!

dingy, off to bed. ;)

tom Contributor
Whirling sparkler tassels! Oh What a Show That Would Be! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't spook the Yeti!!

or the sax player, for that matter

OK, I say we axe the machine guns and go with the super soakers loaded with mojitos and sparkling grape juice (but not loaded in the same gun at the same time - that would be very very bad).

Nojito on the Mojito for me - sugar syrup in there. How about a Super Redbridge Soaker?

Holy Oompa Loompas Batgirl! Robert Duvall??? :blink::rolleyes:

Doesn't he have grandchildren our age?

Aww. can't we have Machine guns that shoot candy corn?

I'm in on the flowing tri-color rainbows of candy corn!!

Regarding honored guests, certainly we MUST have Uncle Ray :lol: & Emily's Dad :) and . . .. . . . uhhhhh .. . . .. . how big is the guestlist?

Sarah, I have no idea what Rainbow Brite is and that fact makes me feel old. :(

But not for long! :lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor
Sarah, I have no idea what Rainbow Brite is and that fact makes me feel old. :(

But not for long! :lol:

It's not cuz you're old, it's cuz you're a BOY!

:lol:

-Sarah

Green12 Enthusiast
Could we PLEASE have Robert Duvall? I have the HUGEST crush on him. :P And maybe Sir Sean Connery?

I'm with you on the Robert Duvall and Sean Connery, and how about Armande Assante, Andy Garcia, Benecio Del Toro............Wayne Newton's face lift scares me a little :ph34r:

Ooompa Loompas and Charlie and the Chocolate Facotry gave me the heebie jeebies when I was little.

I have a smurf that hangs from my rear-view mirror. It is Papa Smurf and he is a holding a potion bottle!

I loved Rainbow Brite

Fraggle Rock too!

Honestly they do not make cartoons like that these days.

elye Community Regular

Now, really...considering the nature of this Regal Procession, and its roots, and who the subjects are, I really feel that anyone we involve, whether it be a float-rider, a marching player, a twirler (tassles or otherwise) or part of the royal party, must be celiac, or at the very least gluten intolerant. Queen Bev, how's Uncle Ray's status? My dad is definitely affected--a "negative" blood test that was just plain inaccurate. Charlton Heston...well, I feel he is at least symptomatic neurologically (I refuse to wax political here, so I'll leave it at that). We need someone to get in touch with his agent and explain the situation, and request info on his gastrointestinal health. Get we get you on that, Tom? Now, yetis are likely pure carnivores, and would have trouble with any grains. So I say he stays. Oompah Loompas are symptomatic in their gross underdevelopment (could their orange tinge be DH gone awry?). Wayne Newton...Bob Duvall....hmmmm.... :lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer

<_<

TriticusToxicum Explorer

She said Ooompa Loompa!

Archived