Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heathen

Worst Interview Question Ever

so, i had my med school interview yesterday, and they asked me the one question i didn't think to prepare for: what 3 living people would you invite to dinner? i completely blanked. it's like the name of every person i had ever known about flew out of my head. so i finally came up with president bush, to see what he's really like, and osama bin laden, to see why he's so angry... but i didn't want another political person, so to round out this threesome, i said anna nicole smith if only to make things interesting. yes, i actually said anna nicole smith in an interview. sigh...

so who are your big three?

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2006

Villus blunting and positive blood test

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ah yes... that's a popular one. good for those who aren't comfortable with interviewing, and need a script, but yeah... one of the bad ones. I think you're answer was amusing! :-)

don't worry too much; it'l be just fine.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

That's easy for me... Dr. Fine and Dr. Peter Greene, both Celiac experts. My third person would have to be Tim Burton.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

so, i had my med school interview yesterday, and they asked me the one question i didn't think to prepare for: what 3 living people would you invite to dinner? i completely blanked. it's like the name of every person i had ever known about flew out of my head. so i finally came up with president bush, to see what he's really like, and osama bin laden, to see why he's so angry... but i didn't want another political person, so to round out this threesome, i said anna nicole smith if only to make things interesting. yes, i actually said anna nicole smith in an interview. sigh...

dont worry, i think your answer was great especially considering you had a second to come up with it. i dont know what i would say. i think dead people would have been easier to answer.

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

I would invite:

Barbara Bush, not politically, but because she is such a wonderfully strong, but down to earth woman.

Don Rumsfeld, not politically, but because my father used to be HIS boss, and I had a mad crush on him when I was 20. (Shut, he was thirty-five and married, and he introduced me to the Prince of Saudia Arabia....so cool for me at the time)

Barbara Walters, just to ask her about everyone. And she knows all the big to-do's. I think that she would be just as elegant with just me.

(Already had Walter and Betsy Cronkite for dinner......that's another story, but it was wonderful)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I would invite:

Barbara Bush, not politically, but because she is such a wonderfully strong, but down to earth woman.

Don Rumsfeld, not politically, but because my father used to be HIS boss, and I had a mad crush on him when I was 20. (Shut, he was thirty-five and married, and he introduced me to the Prince of Saudia Arabia....so cool for me at the time)

Barbara Walters, just to ask her about everyone. And she knows all the big to-do's. I think that she would be just as elegant with just me.

(Already had Walter and Betsy Cronkite for dinner......that's another story, but it was wonderful)

Wow! I think I'd invite you to dinner, Lisa--I'll bet you've got some great stories :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Wow! I think I'd invite you to dinner, Lisa--I'll bet you've got some great stories :D

Thanks, but my Dad wore a lot of hat in his career and it was wonderful to experience that. I was raise in Washington DC, or close. I worked on Capitol Hill when I became a big girl. (Now that, I can tell some stories !!!!!!!)

But the Walter and Betsy story is ALL mine. Betsy passed away several years ago. But it was so wonderful to have them in our home, as they were so down to earth people. They have dinned with Kings, Queens, Presidents and at our dinner table, they were just like neighbors down the street. The pleasure was truely ours.

OK enough said, before I get these :rolleyes: .

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I like it better when they ask you what person, dead or living, would you invite for a dinner party. :) Of course, they don't smell so good when they're dead.

But in the future you might want to think of 3 people in the medical profession you'd like to meet. What about the fellow who discovered H. Pylori?

Queen Noor (I think it would be interesting to hear her story of cultural change), Lisa Beamer (I'd like to know how she is able to cope so well), and Dianne Keaton (because I find her work both heartwarming and heartbreaking.)

I actually really like your answer. Sounds like an interesting dinner.

My 3 would be: Marilyn Manson (i think he is an extremely interesting person and incredibly smart), Tim Gunn (silly I know, but I love Project Runway, and he cracks me up... yet he has so much knowledge about the industry I would love to talk to him) and Jesse James (he is an incredible entrepeneur, and I have a lot of respect for someone that can turn their life around the way he did yet still remain true to what got them there).

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

FYI. This is a 6 year old thread. New people to the forum sometimes don't realize they should check the dates on the posts. Not important on this thread but product info, medical info, etc might be outdated.