Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone give me a brand of margarine that is gfdf. I have used Smart Balance Light, however sometimes I wonder if it doesn't bother my stomach a little......or perhaps it is my imagination. I was looking to try a different kind

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We ran into this dilema, too! I found a spread that works for my daughter and our nutritionaist agreed that it worked well. It is tricky - it is the Smart Balance regular with flax oil - it only comes in small tubs. It is different than those in the larger tubs. We use this one because my daughter also can't have too much soy (only oil).

When we had my son on a Gluten-free Casein-free diet, we used the following margarines:

Earth Balance - by far our favorite. Works great for baking and is great as a spread too.

Soy Garden

Smart Balance with Flax

Smart Balance Organic Buttery Spread

Nucoa - great for baking and spreading, but it does have trans-fats, so we didn't use it often. This one was the cheapest and easiest for me to find.

Fleischmann's Unsalted - for some reason, the unsalted one is the only one that is DF in the Fleischmann's line.

Hope this helps.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

We ran into this dilema, too! I found a spread that works for my daughter and our nutritionaist agreed that it worked well. It is tricky - it is the Smart Balance regular with flax oil - it only comes in small tubs. It is different than those in the larger tubs. We use this one because my daughter also can't have too much soy (only oil).

I also use this one, I really like it :)

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.