Rate this topic

Does anyone know if Cocoa Puffs are gluten-free? I'm reading conflicting reports. Many thanks for any information and light on this subject.

Cocoa Puffs do not appear on the General Mills gluten free list of products. Have you checked the label on the box, which would be the most accurate info?

Cocoa Puffs do not appear on the General Mills gluten free list of products. Have you checked the label on the box, which would be the most accurate info?

The are not a General Mills product. That could explain why they are not on their list :) No, I never read labels, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Only kidding, of course.

Who makes them then? General Mills does have a cereal called "Cocoa Puffs".

http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/brands/brand.aspx?catID=50

My bad! You are correct. They definitely do not SAY gluten free on the box as Chex cereals do, but I did not see any gluten in the ingredients and did not have a reaction after eating them.

My bad! You are correct. They definitely do not SAY gluten free on the box as Chex cereals do, but I did not see any gluten in the ingredients and did not have a reaction after eating them.

Glad you didn't have a reaction! biggrin.gif I think it may be because the gluten free varieties of Chex may be made in a dedicated gluten free facility. General Mills is one of those companies that do a really good job of labeling. Have you tried Chocolate Chex? Yummy!!!

Also, I've eaten Kix without a problem even though they don't say gluten free on the label. It might also depend on one's sensitivity.

I found this link from June 2009 for General Mills gluten-free cereals:

http://glutenfreeisl...-general-mills/

This is the most recent one I could find. So, Cocoa Puffs are not on it. I wonder which ingredient has the gluten.

Probably not any ingredient but possibility of cross contamination if made on shared lines. Or a CYA statement like so many companies do if they cannot comfortably state that their products are gluten free.

CHEX ARE GLUTEN FREE? OMG!!!! I MISS (sorry, I got excited :lol: ) I miss so much having a bowl of cereal!

CHEX ARE GLUTEN FREE? OMG!!!! I MISS (sorry, I got excited :lol: ) I miss so much having a bowl of cereal!

Connie, they have even advertised on TV about being gluten-free. Pay attention, girl! :P Of course, Wheat Chex are not gluten-free (my CYA statement).

CHEX ARE GLUTEN FREE? OMG!!!! I MISS (sorry, I got excited laugh.gif ) I miss so much having a bowl of cereal!

Well, obviously not Wheat Chex. lol ph34r.gif

Check out their website and you can sign up for their newsletter as well as find lots of gluten free recipes. http://www.liveglute...om/default.aspx

Of course, Wheat Chex are not gluten-free (my CYA statement).

You are just toooo funny!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You are just toooo funny!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Why thank you! I think trying to find the funny in this mess makes me feel better.

Well, obviously not Wheat Chex. lol ph34r.gif

Check out their website and you can sign up for their newsletter as well as find lots of gluten free recipes. http://www.liveglute...om/default.aspx

Oh, I like that link. I've signed up for the newsletter before, but have never received one. Signed up again. So cool that Kix is also on their gluten-free list.

Why thank you! I think trying to find the funny in this mess makes me feel better.

I think we need all the humor we can get!!!

Oh, I like that link. I've signed up for the newsletter before, but have never received one. Signed up again. So cool that Kix is also on their gluten-free list.

Sorry to say that Kix is not on their gluten free list. mad.gif But I don't see any ingredient in it that would indicate it's unsafe. It may depend on one's sensitivities.

They don't send newsletters often but check their site as they have a lot of yummy sounding recipes.

Sorry to say that Kix is not on their gluten free list. mad.gif But I don't see any ingredient in it that would indicate it's unsafe. It may depend on one's sensitivities.

They don't send newsletters often but check their site as they have a lot of yummy sounding recipes.

So, are you saying that the cereals on the gluten-free list on this link are incorrect?

http://glutenfreeislife.wordpress.com/2009/06/30/breaking-news-more-gluten-free-cereal-from-general-mills/

So, are you saying that the cereals on the gluten-free list on this link are incorrect?

http://glutenfreeislife.wordpress.com/2009/06/30/breaking-news-more-gluten-free-cereal-from-general-mills/

General Mills doesn't list Kix as gluten-free. Probably because they are made on machines with other non gluten-free cererals. The ingredients may be gluten-free. So they may technically be gluten-free but the company is worried about cc so they will not state that Kix is gluten-free. Some people do fine with things made like this - they do have to clean the machines. Some people are extremely careful about processed foods. Its your decision and experience that counts.

This is the note at the end of that list you gave the link for:

**Please note that the Chex cereals are the only ones that are specifically labeled “Gluten-Free”. The others listed contain no gluten ingredients and are enjoyed by many who follow the gluten-free diet. Both Jon & I are extremely sensitive and have had no issues

General Mills doesn't list Kix as gluten-free. Probably because they are made on machines with other non gluten-free cererals. The ingredients may be gluten-free. So they may technically be gluten-free but the company is worried about cc so they will not state that Kix is gluten-free. Some people do fine with things made like this - they do have to clean the machines. Some people are extremely careful about processed foods. Its your decision and experience that counts.

This is the note at the end of that list you gave the link for:

**Please note that the Chex cereals are the only ones that are specifically labeled

OK> That makes sense. The link that I had does not look like the official link either. I will probably continue to eat Cocoa Puffs as they have 30 fewer calories than Chocolate Chex and I haven't had a reaction. Thanks for the into smile.gif

I think it's always best to refer to the manufacturer's website for the most up-to-date info and even then with ingredients subject to change, we have to always read labels for the most current info.

If you're not bothered by Cocoa Puffs, I see no reason not to continue eating them.