This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GottaSki Mentor

Off to load Jimmy Buffet up -- ok I'm back and dancing to "Cheeseburger in Paradise" -- it is going to be a great night.  Plans for Mom - done.  Purchased new linen and such for her new room - done.  Music on the - well it's not a stereo -- it's a lampshade dealio with ipod connected.  Wine - to be poured as soon as I hit "post".

Dinner is pork chops and applesauce with steamed green things

Quadruple fudge brownies with choc fudge frosting -- had to send some birthday brownies in the mail to daughter today -- men will be sad to see they didn't all fit in the priority mail package I sent ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

:wub:  aw, I feel the same way when my baby  makes burgers on da grill .

We had beans and greens soup and veggie rolls ups for dinner tonight and I am coming out of my sad coma.

I do not want to get into a "political" discussion at all, so please, no one start with me...but the President did a wonderful job today in Boston.

I am grateful.

Boston Strong.

Agreed.

Boston Strong.

We stand right there with you - I recorded the service this morning for the men to view during dinner -- hmm -- can I make it through this time with a smile instead of tears -- gonna give it a shot :)

GottaSki Mentor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DZ8ww34aTk

Edited by GottaSki
IrishHeart Veteran

love J B

Adalaide Mentor

:wub:  aw, I feel the same way when my baby  makes burgers on da grill .

We had beans and greens soup and veggie rolls ups for dinner tonight and I am coming out of my sad coma.

I do not want to get into a "political" discussion at all, so please, no one start with me...but the President did a wonderful job today in Boston.

I am grateful.

Boston Strong.

Regardless of political nonsense that people need to get over themselves about, it is only appropriate for the president to reach out in a time like this. Regardless of our political affiliations we should all appreciate that he did so with grace and compassion.

Too sore to really eat, even though my roast was literally falling apart. I managed to eat a tiny bit and a baked potato I could mash up enough to just shovel in and swallow. Yup... looks like soft/liquid diet. Can I just feel better magically? Consolation prize? The redbox at the drugstore had Lincoln finally and so I have something exciting to do tonight.

IrishHeart Veteran

good movie!

So sorry you feel so sore, hon. Are you doing warm water and salt swishes? Trust me, it helps heal and soothe.

Adalaide Mentor

I'm sure I'll find the courage for that later. I was at work all day, and the idea of salt sounds painful no matter how good for me I know it is. :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm sure I'll find the courage for that later. I was at work all day, and the idea of salt sounds painful no matter how good for me I know it is. :ph34r:

It should not hurt. But I understand if you balk at it. (I had the same thing happen and the salt sped up the healing)

Take care, honey! G'night 

Adalaide Mentor

Everything that goes in my mouth hurts. On top of everything else, I started having neuropathy pain and tingling last evening. I managed an avocado last night, just to discover that I may have an intolerance to them. (I will spare the details where we talk about food.) Another will be ready tomorrow and we'll see. I've never just eaten one before, I always make something with them. But they are soft enough that I don't have to chew them. Today has been a buttload of milk and a banana. I am making my super duper amazing creamy carrot soup for dinner. After I get a nap in. Apparently I have a bladder infection which could explain why I have been feeling so damn run down lately.

notme Experienced

love J B

my husband is a huge buffet fan :)  that's all he plays on the boat.  

well, we got the (above ground) pool all cleared up - no dead bodies, thank the Lord!  he picked up a sand filter secondhand and it is working wonders.  last year i *could not* get the water right (THAT right THERE will make you believe in creation lolz how could humans be ph balanced by ACCIDENT!?  pshaw...)  he insisted it was because the filter was too small.  (he might be a *little* right.....)

tonight i picked up a dozen oysters for 5 bucks - so made oysters florentine.  also having pasta with (fresh!  from my neighbor's mom's garden) asparagus/white wine sauce.  

GottaSki Mentor

What else would one play on the boat? ;)

I'm with you with the above ground pool chemistry -- this year we are going the saltwater route - construction was delayed - by me and life - new liner and a small deck expansion should happen this weekend if all the sinful desserts I've been providing over the past week did their job.

Its 80 here again - ready to float asap.

Dinner is steak - yep more bribery

Scallopped Taters

Asparagus with almonds

Sitting on my patio with a nice glass of wine -- peaceful but do need to check the news to see if the other rat is dead or in custody.

IrishHeart Veteran

Everything that goes in my mouth hurts. On top of everything else, I started having neuropathy pain and tingling last evening. I managed an avocado last night, just to discover that I may have an intolerance to them. (I will spare the details where we talk about food.) Another will be ready tomorrow and we'll see. I've never just eaten one before, I always make something with them. But they are soft enough that I don't have to chew them. Today has been a buttload of milk and a banana. I am making my super duper amazing creamy carrot soup for dinner. After I get a nap in. Apparently I have a bladder infection which could explain why I have been feeling so damn run down lately.

Honey,

SkiLIsa and I may need to talk with you about histamine intolerance. Avocado is high in histamine and could be a major problem.

If you are having the "burnies and tinglies"   just like I get, I fear you may well have what we have.

I know you can't do tyramine, and the other "amines" may also be involved.

I have not said anything, but this revelation you made today speaks volumes. Sadly, cheddar cheese is a major player. (aged cheese, period)

and will provoke the burny pain and the leg pain too. And makes for bladder issues and fatigue.

We need to talk, and I'll run this past you, but you're right, not on this thread. 

Email me and/or ski.

IrishHeart Veteran

tonight i picked up a dozen oysters for 5 bucks - so made oysters florentine.  also having pasta with (fresh!  from my neighbor's mom's garden) asparagus/white wine sauce.  

sounds like "more" --as in gimme more!!!!  :) I love asparagus.I love oysters.

GottaSki Mentor

Oysters were the very first meal I've had served by a waiter in over a year - yum!

And yep Addie - avo totally stumped me until I figured out this stooopid histamine deal - pm me if you want - hate to hear you are having a tough time.

Think maybe ill drag the hubby out for fish this weekend and get me some oysters :)

Adalaide Mentor

My mom loves oysters. Maybe it was that she never made them when I grew up, but I just never acquired the taste.

It doesn't matter really, Utah or PA, April doesn't have me past frost and hard freeze weather. Too soon to be thinking about floating weather. I was trying to enjoy spring today, 55 with puffy clouds and some warm sun. Patios and wine sound positively splendid though. B)

love2travel Mentor

Been away from here for another few days.  Looks like I've missed lots!  I'm getting ready for our trip to Croatia in ten itty bitty days.  So much to do!  But at least nothing outside needs to be done as it is SNOWING heavily yet again.  This really, really, really, really, really sucks.  When will we warm up to 0????  :(

Tonight we are having:

Stuffed Poblanos (almost chile rellenos) with ground chuck, rice and creamed corn for a lovely creamy texture and lots of lactose free cheese

Creamy Coleslaw (but not just any old cole slaw!)

Strawberries with authentic aged balsamic and freshly-ground black pepper

love2travel Mentor

I don't even try to compete! :). I feel some of us should represent the " real" people! So:

chili in the crockpot &/ chili Mac with corn pasta for those who like chili that way. This time it's lean hamburger with black beans & pinto beans.

"Real" people!  You are too funny.  :lol:

love2travel Mentor

I miss chili so much! That sounds amazing. I really hope to be able to have beans again eventually, I find that to be one of the most limiting things of my diet.

Addy, could you have chili without beans?  Can you have lentils?  It is great with lentils, meaty mushrooms and beef.  No beans needed.  :)

love2travel Mentor

See this is how the plot started -- we are all turning into cave peeps and L2T passes thru with unbelievable food that smells absolutely mouthwatering....that's it I'm hooking up the dogsled ;)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You still need the dogsleds.  It is snowing like mad right now.  Snowed yesterday and it is in the forecast again for tomorrow.  THIS IS ENOUGH!  I QUIT!  I NEED OUTTA HERE!  :angry:

But the weather is conducive for cooking. :wub:   Tomorrow is braising day.

Adalaide Mentor

Addy, could you have chili without beans?  Can you have lentils?  It is great with lentils, meaty mushrooms and beef.  No beans needed.  :)

I can have lentils in very serious moderation. If I'm not careful I'll end up blind as a bat.

Been away from here for another few days.  Looks like I've missed lots!  I'm getting ready for our trip to Croatia in ten itty bitty days.  So much to do!  But at least nothing outside needs to be done as it is SNOWING heavily yet again.  This really, really, really, really, really sucks.  When will we warm up to 0????  :(

Probably the day after you leave. Murphy and his stupid law. <_< Not that I am not laughing at the idea of it warming up to 0. :lol:

More carrot soup today. I have to eat before 4 since I can't have dairy past then. Stupid antibiotics. Maybe a mashed potato and gravy later if I get so hungry I could gnaw my arm off.

love2travel Mentor

I can have lentils in very serious moderation. If I'm not careful I'll end up blind as a bat.

Probably the day after you leave. Murphy and his stupid law. <_< Not that I am not laughing at the idea of it warming up to 0. :lol:

More carrot soup today. I have to eat before 4 since I can't have dairy past then. Stupid antibiotics. Maybe a mashed potato and gravy later if I get so hungry I could gnaw my arm off.

I just read about your dental woes.  I feel for you.  It must have been a dreadful experience.  How are you doing today?  Sorry you must limit your lentil intake. 

Adalaide Mentor

I will be fantabulous in about 15 minutes. I was at the dentist's office (I'm sure they were thrilled with my panic attack in an office full of kids) and he offered lortab. I usually decline pain pills but right now I'm not sure I'd decline someone running over my foot if it would take my mind off of the pain.

Your macaroons look divine. I must eventually decide to make some. I keep telling myself that I will do it one day. Maybe one day needs to be when I can chew again. :D

IrishHeart Veteran

I decided to try the crockpot thinger again. I do not remember to use it very often because until this year, I never used one in my life

and frankly, I forget I own it.

I did a split up chicken, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms and onions combo in there and it smells pretty good, actually. Probably have smashed potatoes or rice with it.

This is helpful as we went to the gym, out to lunch, had to do some yard cleanup after the windy weather yesterday .... and now we're painting a room.

As you may have figured out, the going to the  gym, out to lunch and yard work part was a clever ploy to delay the painting we both loathe so much.

<_<

Adalaide Mentor

You should find a place in your kitchen to store that thinger where you will notice that it exists and use it more often. That thinger is one of the most miraculous kitchen appliances ever designed. It isn't even just for days you won't be home all day. I use it all the time for when I am just too damn lazy to cook. Or when I think it might do a better job of making dinner than I would.

I didn't know you were painting. You should have invited me! I love painting so much. My parents would never let me help when we were doing painting except the time we painted my room. All you would have had to do was feed me mac & cheese too.

IrishHeart Veteran

I didn't know you were painting. You should have invited me! I love painting so much. My parents would never let me help when we were doing painting except the time we painted my room. All you would have had to do was feed me mac & cheese too.

doh!

forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

now she tells me!