16 replies to this topic

#16 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

very interesting stuff. well, today I did not have my afternoon apple, and I feel fine. no stomach issues at all. ugh, just when you think you've got a  handle on something, a whole bunch of new rules get thrown into the mix.

Interesting that you feel fine today (yesterday).  I think that it would be worth it to head to the farmer's market and get some fresh off the tree apples to try.  That worked for me and was better than having to give up apples completely.  If I had given up on every food I reacted to, rather than looking for a source of the food to which I didn't react, I'd have very foods left by now.  At least you seem to be figuring things out.  By the way, I don't react to soy, just gluten and avenin that I know of, but much lower levels than typical.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

Many of the foods I have lost temporarily (including apples and pears for a short time) were because my digestive system simply could not tolerate much. 

I safely eat apples and pears from all sources now, but I do wash my fruit.  I mistakenly thought I had a Fructose issue -- nope -- simply a destroyed gut issue ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: