46 replies to this topic

#46 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Okay, well, the visit with the doctor was okay, but I didn't feel like I could speak freely in front of my daughter, so now I'm waiting on a call back. The good, no GREAT news is that now at 6 months gluten free, all her serology results are back in the normal range!! Her TTG was ridiculously high in December, and now it's 3!! that's right, three! Whew, I'm glad all of this gluten-free living is working. I was so afraid of bad results.

I signed up for a webinar (I'll try to paste it below) on supporting kids living with chronic food allergies. I know it's not a food allergy, but I hope to glean something good from it. Meanwhile, we are researching child psychologists and trying to get recommendations in the region. We need to find somebody soon that we can start meeting with. At the very least, we need help with communication.

cleardot.gif
  1x1.gif embed.jpg   Supporting Children, Adolescents, and Parents in the Daily Management of Food Allergies   button_joinWebinar.gif   Join us on Wednesday, Aug 14, 2013 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT   Dear Lacey,   Thank you for registering for:   Supporting Children, Adolescents, and Parents in the Daily Management of Food Allergies
Wednesday, Aug 14, 2013 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT   1.  Click here to join:   https://www2.gotomee...66530/106698690     This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.   2.  You will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.     Or, you may select Use Telephone after joining the Webinar.     Toll: +1 (702) 489-0003         Access Code: 943-887-085     Audio PIN: Shown after joining the Webinar       Webinar ID: 159-466-530   Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: mspigler@foodallergy.org

This webinar made possible thanks to a generous grant from Lineage Therapeutics.   System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server   Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer   Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet     Read our Audio Checklist for tips on using your computer's microphone and speakers with GoToWebinar.   Add to your Outlook calendar    

9 year old daughter diagnosed celiac November / December 2012
Postive endoscopy / biopsy, positive antibody test, positive genetic test

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 mommy2krj

mommy2krj

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Glad her numbers are doing better! :)

I hate...hate...HATE talking about my kids like they aren't sitting right next to me! I wish there was a way they could make it so you could meet with the doctor, express your concerns one on one and then bring the child in to have them join in the conversation (age appropriate of course) but of course that would just make things cost even more. Helps to have an older child along with sometimes....but only sometimes. *sigh* I feel ya there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: