15 replies to this topic

#16 SoLacey

SoLacey

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

I'm still very new to all of this, I was diagnosed a week before Christmas.  Up until a few weeks ago, I was still sick more often than not despite being gluten free.  My Dr sent me to a nutritionist, after talking she told me that I was still getting glutened from "gluten free" foods.  She restricted me to only certified gluten free foods or foods that were prepared in a dedicated gluten-free facility.  That made a huge difference, I'm super sensitive and get sick from a lot of "gluten free" foods.  Even with that improvement I was still not feeling that great.... so I changed to gluten free makeup and skin care products (my hair products already were gluten-free).  I noticed a definite improvement after that too. 

For the first time since the dx, I feel like I'm well more often then I'm sick.  ....in the past week, I also figured out that I was reacting to vinegar which is in a lot of gluten-free food.  It's frustrating but maybe you are still getting glutened somewhere?  

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloating, heavy, tiredness, fatigue, depressed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: