This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
sillies - - I had this startling thought about how much more I"d actually get done in life if I had no computer

:o

:ph34r:

Yes do agree-- you know how much more productive I would be at work

I have a new poem for all you working folk:

'I cannot go to work today, '

Said Jestgar, Em and blueeyemanada-may.

'The Twas won't clean my house ,

And my kitties left a big bad mouse.

Plus my head it hurts, my throat is dry,

A margarita would be better, sigh.

My husband had gall-bladder rocks,

My cats are high and the ferries won't dock.

And there's one more reason-that's almost nine,

And don't you think a mental health day would be just phine?

Jess's leg is cut-Amanda's eyes are blue-

And Susie has absinthian flu.

Poor Leesa needs tosleep and dream,

And Jianknit's ankle-biters make her want to scream.

I'm sure I missed you other working folk (Pieter, Susie not to mention all you MOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but I'll get ya next time. I need to start writing more anyway- you know cause it'll help me when I teach :P :P

LOL!!!! love it!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular
Oh!! Nikki's Day Out!!! Posh, calorific lunch at a country pub - NEEEEEEEEEAAARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go!!!! :rolleyes:

Next time, call me, okay? :P

Gawd, yes.....Nikker's lunch sounded SO PHAB.... . . . ....

And a horsie!! I'm a horse-lover, and a rider, but never gets the chance anymore. . . . . .... :(

Must make time for these thangs! We only go around once. .. . ...

I'm sure I missed you other working folk (Pieter, Susie not to mention all you MOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but I'll get ya next time. I need to start writing more anyway- you know cause it'll help me when I teach :P

Bevel! :lol::lol: You need to start writing us a poem every week - - good, long stanzas summarizing life in Da Ville. . . . . ...

That sounds like one big, beautious baby girl, Amanda!! :):)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Bevel! :lol::lol: You need to start writing us a poem every week - - good, long stanzas summarizing life in Da Ville. . . . . ...

Bevel's weekly poem!!!...I LOVE IT!!!!

DO IT BEV!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOooooo phat, can barely move!! :lol:

...'The Mentalist' is on now.... did I tell you?? :unsure: ....I'm a little bit in love with Simon Baker :ph34r: <SSSCCCHHH!!!! Don't tell Terry!! :lol: >

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Congrats Amanda!!! (and to yer sister, too)

JoDog's out of surgery . . . she gets to come home tomorrow . . . poor girl :( The worst part is that she has to be confined or on lead for the next six weeks!!! They told me that when I picked her up tomorrow, I would have the option of picking up a sedative (doggie valium?) to keep her from getting overly excited. I told them that I don't need to think about it, I definitely wanted it!!!

poor Jo-Dog!!!!!!! :(

It's just TOO awful when pets have surgery - I hate it!! Yes - plenty of drugs, jhanit.....

I'm sure I missed you other working folk (Pieter, Susie not to mention all you MOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but I'll get ya next time. I need to start writing more anyway- you know cause it'll help me when I teach

Bevel!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yes, MORE POEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikkel in love w/ Simon? oh yes, I would :wub:

We won't tell Tel -

I am also phat, and without a cozy pub lunch :angry: Must lose 10 pounds STAT - summer's coming - gads -

Kitteh is SCREAMING from the other room - must go see what it is -

do you guys have cats that just YELL when they want something? :blink: Good Lord - the volume on that little guy! :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

I went looking at my posts yesterday . . . thought I reported it but apparently not . . .

We had a "circle of life" moment yesterday. A Coopers Hawk was eating sumptin atop the kids swingset. Smackl wanted to go out to be able to see better. I told him he couldn't. I didn't want him to scare it away . . . I didn't want to have to clean up anymore body parts than I had too :greenguyemoticon:

So I'm sure you all wanted to know . . . It was a squirrel. I just found the head (which was all I was expecting to find). Jess, I'm sure you're use to this sort of thing all the time. Shall I mail it out to yer kittehs so they can play football soccer wif it??

Darn210 Enthusiast

Hi Lisa!!!! Welcome Home!!!!

We've missed you . . . :wub:

elye Community Regular
do you guys have cats that just YELL when they want something? :blink: Good Lord -

No.....sigh. . . .. . . ....just kids. . . . ......an' they're not NEARLY as endearing . .. ..... <_<

Jyah-gnutt! A squirrel's head.. . ......barfarama. ...!! I meant to comment on poor li'l Josie. This is so stressful, a sick pet that you must keep confined, must be always watching over.......she needs good drugs, and you do, as well .. . . ..

Do you think she's in any shape to enjoy that squirrel's head? Gads, if she's on a strong, mind-altering tranq, she'll freak right out if she catches sight of it...."AAAuuuugggghhhh.........!!! Squirrel head....noooooooo body attached. ... !!...."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

curlyfries Contributor

Hi Sils! :wub:

Trying to get caught up, but only halfway there.

This is all I got so far....

You Psilly! She'd need a peg leg to pull that off with any respectable authenticity. . . . ..

Hubby swears he is going as a pirate next Halloween.....trying to figure how to make a wearable peg leg! :P

giankt - how are those ham samiches? I want one :(

Easter dinner tomorrow night at Janie's. See you all about 6? :)

I coulda been there, but me flight didna arrive til 7:30ish! <_<

where is FryBaby to analyze my dreams???????????????? BTW she IS back in Indiana, isn't she?

I seem to have temporarily lost my dream analyzationing mojo.....besides........this post was April14 at 2:10. I'm not really here.....I'm on the plane :P

Must go find summat to eat......finish catchin up later

jerseyangel Proficient

Jan-it, me best wishes to wee Jo-Dog--tis always hard wif a pet since we can't explain anything to them :( Yes--get the drugs! ;)

E-w-w-w on the squirrel 'ead :o

I see Leesiugh squiggling right now! :D

Allo wif a Scottish accent :lol: When I talk fer him, it's always more of a slightly Italian accent, leaving off the phirst letters of many words..... :P

Nik--yer pub lunch sounds devine! :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star
do you guys have cats that just YELL when they want something? :blink: Good Lord - the volume on that little guy! :lol:

No.....sigh. . . .. . . ....just kids. . . . ......an' they're not NEARLY as endearing . .. ..... <_<

:lol: :lol:

My cats are always NEAR DEATH from starvation.

Either that, or so completely depressed that they will surely fling themselves off a bridge if I don't immediately race into the other room and commence snuggling.

LIIIIISSSSSS!!!!

I'll start shopping for a fake parrot for yer matey.

elye Community Regular
Hubby swears he is going as a pirate next Halloween.....trying to figure how to make a wearable peg leg! :P

Leeeeesaaaa! :lol::lol::wub: This is SO poignantly phunnee. . . . . ......you are so special, to be larfin' after all this....so positive and upbeat!!!

There actually ARE video instructions from a young scalliwag a few pages back....I believe it was Jyessss who provided da link . . . . ...

Mtndog Collaborator

((((((((((((LEESA)))))))))))))))))))) :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Your avatar made my month!!!!!!!!!!!! We missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!

curlyfries Contributor
They told me that when I picked her up tomorrow, I would have the option of picking up a sedative (doggie valium?) to keep her from getting overly excited. I told them that I don't need to think about it, I definitely wanted it!!!

Ummmm......Gyan-knit.........methinks the valium would work better if the dog takes it!......just a thought! :snackle: :P

Lurved Catnip Anonymous and Bevie's poem!

Am so tired and much cleaning to do......and people keep calling me.....nite all -_-

Hi Sillies--

I cant wait to go see the new baby on Saturday. I posted some new pics over on the spacebook. She is a cutie.

Welcome Home Lisa!!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
So I'm sure you all wanted to know . . . It was a squirrel. I just found the head (which was all I was expecting to find). Jess, I'm sure you're use to this sort of thing all the time. Shall I mail it out to yer kittehs so they can play football soccer wif it??

*snoooort* :lol:

that really cracked me up!

well, if Geoss's cats can't use it, I'm sure these two could find sumphin to do with the wee head here :blink:

Hubby swears he is going as a pirate next Halloween.....trying to figure how to make a wearable peg leg!

I coulda been there, but me flight didna arrive til 7:30ish! <_<

I seem to have temporarily lost my dream analyzationing mojo.....besides........this post was April14 at 2:10. I'm not really here.....I'm on the plane :P

Must go find summat to eat......finish catchin up later

LEEEESARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

so happy to see you here........

LOVE the pirate halloween costume idea!!!!!!!!!!! and Emmel's right, you have NAE lost yer sense of humoUr through all of this!!!!!!!! :wub:

turn off the phones.......sleep well!!!!!!

Allo wif a Scottish accent :lol: When I talk fer him, it's always more of a slightly Italian accent, leaving off the phirst letters of many words.....

:lol: oh, my bad!

My cats are always NEAR DEATH from starvation.

Either that, or so completely depressed that they will surely fling themselves off a bridge if I don't immediately race into the other room and commence snuggling.

:lol: :lol: Kit Kit has EXTREEEEEEEEEEME screams that come now and then.......I just LOVE the levels of severity in his whining :wub:

from the very casual "oh, hai!" to the LOUDEST SCREECH I"VE EVER HEARD from a kitteh....

either STARVING TO DEATH :huh: or wants to have us out in the back yard, so he can go :blink:

Emmel said SCALAWAG :lol:

Sills ----- I"m highly involved in my extremely pointless hobby at present - - got 21 POSH perfume decants in the mail today.........have applied WAY more than the suggested amount to my limbs (only suppose to sample 2 or 3 a day, I think? - I probably have 7 or 8 on my person) and am reading all about their base/middle/top notes now........

Useless I tell you, USELESS and POINTLESS - why do I do this to myself? the one I"m currently in love with is about $120 - just torturing meself :mellow:

:lol:

:huh:

<in my next life, I will be a trained nose, living in Grasse <_< >

jahknit, how is Jo-Dog doing? has she gone to her magic place yet? :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
<in my next life, I will be a trained nose, living in Grasse <_< >

:lol: :lol: :lol: Trained nose :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
I cant wait to go see the new baby on Saturday. I posted some new pics over on the spacebook. She is a cutie.

I just took a peek at the baby--she's positively beautiful, Amanda!!!!! :D

Darn210 Enthusiast
jahknit, how is Jo-Dog doing? has she gone to her magic place yet? :lol:

She is spending the night at the vet's . . . as planned . . . so I'm sure she's hating it. Surgery went well. Talked to the Doc and then later, talked to the Tech . . . both reiterating how important it is to keep her from running wild (which she is so good at) for the next six weeks.

So . . . I was doing a little mathS . . . if I weigh four times as much as Josie, then I just take four times her dose of her "chill out" meds . . . right? . . . The Tech also commented (based on Jo's behavioUr today) that I was probably going to need the sedatives . . . :lol: . . . Duuuuuhhhhhh . . . <_<

Started a new book tonight. It reminds me of this thread but I've only read a few pages. I'll read a bit more and then fill you in.

Night all

Cute niece you got, Amanda.

Oh . . . sorry Jess . . . Susie's called dibs on the squirrel head. Guess you'll have to wait until next time.

miss-cate Newbie

mini wheats commercial..

mini.. mini.. mini ..mini ..wheats... strawberry flav.. miini.. mini ..mini ..mini ..wheats.. they'll be your fave... :lol:

elye Community Regular

Gah! A brave newbie throwing in a verrrrrry early-morning post! Good Morning, Cate! love YER AV! :lol: Looks like you is into cats......you may just fit in 'round here. .. . ....... ;)

Jyagh-knutt! When do you pick up Josie today? And what, again, exactly did she have done? Something to do wif her glaucoma? No.....it was big body surgery, methinks....cannot recall.... .. . .

Started a new book tonight. It reminds me of this thread but I've only read a few pages. I'll read a bit more and then fill you in.

Whoa. . . . ....a book that is like this thread?? :blink:

Hmmm....what on earth could it be??

The Bible? :huh:

James Joyce's Ulysses? :lol:

On the Road? <_<

Uncle John's Bathroom Reader? :rolleyes:

Tell us, Jyaghnuht!

Morning All

John's got his f/u appt with the surgeon today. He is getting all his stitches out and hopefully will be a lot better. I am leaving work at 12 to go get him and then come all the way back here. Hopefully today we will get a better idea of when he can go back to work.

Tomorrow we are heading home to see the new baby.

The weather here is beautiful I am rocking my new capris and my sandals today!

elye Community Regular

Glad to hear John's better, Ahmanduh....getting the stitches out will be a relief, I'm sure.. . . ...

Lucky you! It is not quite capri weather here, yet....I am in jeans and a T shirt, and shoes wif no socks..........not quite ready fer Birks yet, either. . .....

Jyagh-nuht! How is Jo-dog?

Leeeeeegh-sargh! Try to poop in today! :D:D

Jestgar Rising Star

<_< Rockin' my old rain jacket and sneakers trainers.

jerseyangel Proficient
<_< Rockin' my old rain jacket and sneakers trainers.

I just ran to the grocery store in me capri's and Birk's--so warm and humid <_< . I wanted to beat the storm that is headed this way. It's slow-moving, thus is supposed to bring us (possibly) several inches of rain. There's been lots of lightening wif it, too.

Amanda--I'm so glad youse guys up there are having a stretch of nice weather! I know Matt has been itching to get working outside on his yard. Good news about John!

Gawd....it's getting dark......

Darn210 Enthusiast
Gah! A brave newbie throwing in a verrrrrry early-morning post! Good Morning, Cate! love YER AV! :lol: Looks like you is into cats......you may just fit in 'round here. .. . ....... ;)

ummmm . . . or frogs??

I pick up JoDog in about 3 hours. (Em, twas knee surgery to keep her knee-cap from popping out of place) Headed out to Target to go get a baby gate . . . we're going to try and confine her to the office/computer/sparebedroom room (Yep, that's all just one room). She won't be able to see squirrels scampering in the back yard or neighborhood dogs going on walks out front . . . two things that just drive her mad. Plus, someone is almost always on the computer so she'll have lots of company.

Susie, I'll trade you my squirrel's head for some muskal relaxents . . . stiff neck today from hanus landscape removal projects yesterday . . . and twas only the tip of the grassy-weed-you-call-this-ground-cover? removal project.

Hello Miss Cate . . . you need to come back and visit. Emily is obviously on her best behavioUr . . . hurry back 'cause it won't last long :lol:

Archived