This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
Come to think of it, he was pretty soaked when he came in, and there was that loud knocking that I mistook for hail hitting the siding :unsure::blink:

Seriously, poor guy had to set his cell phone to ring at 3 am to go down and scoop gallons of water out of the sump. It was filling at rate of 7 inches every fifteen minutes last night <askeert>

That does sound awful--poor guy :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mimommy Contributor
I am following the plan as outlined by the boss. But the cats associate food with her.

I come in the front door around feeding time. They all ignore me. JACQUIE comes in the door--three cats rush to her, meowing and rubbing her legs, expecting food. Meh. I don't count. :(

They're probably just eating the food you give them to hold them over til Jacquie comes home so as not to hurt your feelings :rolleyes::lol:

elye Community Regular

Good Saturday morning, Psills!

The rain just kept coming and coming. Then the wind--my God the trees were bending over, the tornado sirens went off, and there were weird groaning sounds coming from outside somewhere--I don't know if it was from the trees or the transformers. Then the power went out, and everybody came out to see the damage. I swear, 2 blocks south of me they lost 60-80 foot trees, but it doesn't look like they hit the houses. Driving through town was pretty rough.

Wow, Rayechull.. .. . . ....how frightening and sublime! Harrowing for you, and all that $$gluten-free food lost. . . . ..... :angry::angry:

We had a ten-minute downpour yesterday afternoon, enough to soak my flowers and new shrubs........it was all good. The Ripper was very pleased, as it meant he did not have to go out and stand for ten minutes pouring hose water into pots and at the shrub roots. His allowance comes a little easier, this week ... . .... . ..

We followed it back to the source, and no, there was no broken pipe, just water coming in through the seams in the cinder block wall from outside. Power was not disrupted. The landlord will fix the problem. When pigs have wings. :angry:

What in hell is the matter with this guy? He puts in a simple insurance claim, his rates should not go up. It's all fixed. He needs a talking-to. :angry:

I need to show up in his office donning my penis earrings, telling him the way things should be run.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Morning Psillies . . . scary happenings in the wee hours of the morning. JoDog was walking into stuff, out-of-control, drooling, dazed, confused . . . first thought that comes to mind is some kind of poison, but this was at 4:15 am about 7 hours after she would have had a chance to get into anything . . . and she's good about not getting into stuff. After ages (probably two minutes in reality), she seemed to settle down but continued to drool uncontrollably for quite some time. Not able to sleep, I went googling. I decided she had a seizure. Took her into the vet this morning and that's what they think, too. Got blood drawn (her, not me) and now we wait and see. She's fine and dandy this morning . . . maybe a little tired. I know I am because I only slept maybe another 45 minutes before I finally got up for good. I shall have to take a nap later.

Raychill . . . please send a small portion of your rain . . . we're drying up here . . . sorry about the gluten-free$$$ loss.

jerseyangel Proficient

Jan-it, Poor wee JoDog :( I hope the episode was just a one-time kind of thing.

I'll take some of that rain, too. It's so dry here--I heard June is traditionally a rainy month, and this year we've had zero for the month. Between that and the unrelenting heat, we need some moisture--stat :o

Jess--are ya up yet? <whispering>.....

Sillies--they broke ground on our new house!!! Mark and took a ride over there last night :D

Darn210 Enthusiast

Me too!!! . . . They drew blood to check . . . umm . . . :unsure: . . . stuff?

we need some moisture--stat :o

If you're not picky . . . we've still got extra dog drool here!!

YaY on the house . . . hope there are lots of extra bedrooms for when we all come to visit . . . 23 sounds about right.

jerseyangel Proficient
hope there are lots of extra bedrooms for when we all come to visit . . . 23 sounds about right.

But of course! We refer to them as the "Psillie Wing" :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

am up. Y'know, I think those plastic 'kegger cups' are a bit bigger than my normal glass :ph34r: :ph34r:

Auditioning for Fiddler on the roof in a bit. Gotta youtube my song so I know how it goes. At the moment I'm planing 'put on a happy face', but in a very sarcastic way. Not sure if I can pull off the sarcasm :rolleyes: but I'll try.

elye Community Regular

Gahhhhhh, Jyess!! Fiddler is one of my favorite stories of all time, and one of my favorite scores is in the musical.

Um... . . . . ....are you trying out for the part of Tevye? :unsure:

:lol:

Actually, Topol was only 29 when he landed that part for the movie. Incredible how makeup and fine acting turned him into such a convincing 60-something year-old man.

What song are you singing in your audition?

Jyaghnutt! Poor wee Jodog.....and you. I forget things about Josie - - how old is she? She is a mutt, methinks. . . . ......do you know what breeds she has in her heritage? I do know that seizures are not uncommon in dogs generally.

But how scary for you!

Green12 Enthusiast
Speaking of hair............I have an appointment on Mon. to get me hair done.......curlyfries once more!!!! Then on Tues I get me teeth cleaned......original app't was canceled when we were in Houston. So I'll have purty hair (I hope) and purty teef! :D Then in two weeks I have my annual Gyno app't. Next will be new glasses. By the time I'm done, I'll have a total overhaul!!! :lol:

Hi Lisa, long time no talk :wub:

Sounds like a makeover with the works, you will be beautified :lol:

Hey all--I've returned from the forumless powerless abyss of yesterdays storm. A big whopper blew through here yesterday afternoon and poured down 4-5 inches of rain in twenty minutes with 70 mile an hour winds that destroyed trees and property all over the place and flooded the roads. Gads, what a mess!!! I lost all of my food--my whole freezer full of gluten-free stuff for my daughter:( Scott was up all night bailing out the sump pump, and it was hot and humid and miserable. Power came back on this early evening, so I headed out to forage for food but it never occurred to me the grocery store lost all of their food too :blink:

Hi Rachel, that is scary stuff. Sorry about the mess and damage and food loss, but so glad you are all ok :)

Morning Psillies . . . scary happenings in the wee hours of the morning. JoDog was walking into stuff, out-of-control, drooling, dazed, confused . . I decided she had a seizure. Took her into the vet this morning and that's what they think, too. She's fine and dandy this morning . . . maybe a little tired. I know I am because I only slept maybe another 45 minutes before I finally got up for good. I shall have to take a nap later.

Poor JoDog, I hope she is ok.

Sillies--they broke ground on our new house!!! Mark and took a ride over there last night :D

I saw this on da book Patti, so very exciting!!! :D

Did you hold a ground breaking ceremony? Perhaps a ribbon cutting or smashing a bottle of champagne against summat??

It calls for a celebration of some sort....poppers? party hats? at least gluten-free brownies or spice cake :lol::lol:

If you're not picky . . . we've still got extra dog drool here!!

But of course! We refer to them as the "Psillie Wing" :lol:

Auditioning for Fiddler on the roof in a bit. Gotta youtube my song so I know how it goes. At the moment I'm planing 'put on a happy face', but in a very sarcastic way. Not sure if I can pull off the sarcasm :rolleyes: but I'll try.

Good luck Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green12 Enthusiast
:lol: Yup....a relaxed, Southern-type yawny laugh-out-loud.

I am dying to know what Sooooozle meant by this emoticode..... . .. .a dog's tongue is said to be lolling when it is hanging out of its mouth while it pants.

Could this be it? Used to signify a moment when one's tongue is hanging out? When one is panting? Laaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwllllllllll. . . . .....

:lol: could be Em

Whilst we wait for Suze to fill us in on the meaning of :lawl: I had another thought...

perhaps it means laughing within the confines of the law?? Or legal laughing if you will

:lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
I saw this on da book Patti, so very exciting!!! :D

I know--I'm blabbing it all over the net :lol:

No ceremony.....too hot B)

Jess--I think a musical is just the thing fer you right now--just thinkin about it has me humming :D Everythings gonna turn out phine, I just know it. ;)

WIH is Soozle? :unsure:

elye Community Regular
perhaps it means laughing within the confines of the law?? Or legal laughing if you will

:lol::lol: YES! That must be it. It is the face that one assumes when having one's passport photo taken. Around here one is not allowed to smile for these pics (a smile makes you less recognizable? :huh: ). . ....... ..so a lawl-face, a tiny hint of a smile, would be within the confines of the Transport Ministry regulations .. . .. .....

:rolleyes:

Pattiegh's hole is being dug!!! :D:D Needs to be one BIG foundation wif dat Psilly Wing. . . . . .......

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Oh my Sills. :wub:

How I miss you all.

I miss mySELF. :(

I have really begun to believe that I have summer SAD:

Open Original Shared Link

.....as every damned June, with the ending of spring, finds me in this absolutely unbelievable pit. :(

107 degrees today.......I am to head to Carmel on Monday and hardly care. Have to leave Skit here alone (with someone feeding him and cleaning the box every day), don't like doing that.

Loved reading all of yer updates.......the Psillie Wing in Texas!!!!!!!! :)

:lawl:

:lol: :lol:

I have no idea what it means. Saw it somewhere, more than once. I think it IS laughing wif a southern drawl. Did Jan-it guess that? She's the winner.

Jo Dog :( Hope to God she's okay. Just can't stand hearing about sick pets.

Skit is sooooooo depressed and subdued since his steroid shot one week ago (lasts for two weeks, some time-delayed crap). He has lost ALL of his crazy, his sweet meow, everything. Doesn't even SCREAM to go outside, just a scraggly-sounding series of meows to go out. and pays NO attnention to Weez whatsoever.

There was much to comment on, but I am not goin' to drag this place down with my wretched personality, and I have forgotten all of it.

Love to all sills, and more later. :wub:

:weaksmile:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

p.s. Sills -

one year ago tomorrow was the horrible plane crash of last summer. :( So, I am going through all kinds of memories and torments and thoughts. Won't post them here, but may send my beloved sills an email, thoughts on......how other people's lives in that circumstance have progressed and changed.....thoughts on life in general as a misplaced middle-aged woman in a vapid, wretched, hot Valley farming area. <_<

And remind me to tell you about The List of Nevers :unsure::blink:

I just wrote it last week and someone needs to come here and take my computer away from me

:huh:

flourgirl Apprentice
OMG.. . . . . .. :lol::lol: Perfect timing....a phonecall to bring me outta this sad time.

My mom is currently sitting with my dad in the ICU, and just rushed to the phone to call me after the first exchanges with him.

About an hour ago, he seemed to awaken briefly. His eyes fluttered open, and he looked briefly at my mom. He mumbled something, and then said, more clearly, "you're beautiful". Mom's heart swelled, and she apparently took his hand.

Nothing for an hour or so, and then his eyes suddenly fluttered again. Once more his eyes found Mom's face, and he whispered, "you are nice".

Mom's brow furrowed and, half smiling, she asked, "Hey..... . . . .what happened to beautiful?"

Silence. Then Dad quietly replied, "the anaesthetic is wearing off".

Just wonderful!! So lovey, so cute, so happy, made me giggle! I don't think your dad has an unfunny, cruel cell in his body.....except possibly those nasty stones!

flourgirl Apprentice
<bubble wrap the car> *snigger*

:lol::lol::lol: <:snerkkkkxxx!:>

we ALL did. And it was REAL!!!!!!!! all her parts were REAL back then! what a gorgeous gal. So sad.

'Tis sad......, and I'm sure it has saddened a great many

how is the kitchen demolition going?

Yeah...what she said

and Smackl's hair???????

Yeah...what she said

and.......Shroomie's lakeside sojourns?

and........and.......

WHERE'S LEESARGH?????????????

Yeah.....what she said

OH!!!!!!! a JOOLS poop-in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Yeah......Hi Jewels!!, and BevReally

Had to hi-jak yer post, Psuessle....I yam so far behinder! Thanx for the ride!! :P

Jestgar Rising Star

hmmm, a list of nevers....

Never walk around with your shoes on the wrong feet.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
p.s. Sills -

one year ago tomorrow was the horrible plane crash of last summer. :( So, I am going through all kinds of memories and torments and thoughts. Won't post them here, but may send my beloved sills an email, thoughts on......how other people's lives in that circumstance have progressed and changed.....thoughts on life in general as a misplaced middle-aged woman in a vapid, wretched, hot Valley farming area. <_<

Susie.........you won't believe this but i was just thinking about that today.

why........?

who knows but i did and wondered how you were.

i HOPE you'll do an up date of how the other lives are going.

i kinda hope it will prove my theory of "what goes round comes round" if you know what i mean.

sorry your so down.

I have a great little 'pill' for YA .... ;)

Judy have fun in Carmel but............write the email before you go.

HI the rest of our sillies.

I just wrote it last week and someone needs to come here and take my computer away from me

:huh:

mushroom Proficient

Hi Psills. My verbosity has retreated into its cell. I have retreated into this little curled up space (the fetal position?) where there is not much room for anything. No, don't get alarmed, I do this sometimes when me body lets me down again. I did another stupid stumbling into something ( the towel rail) when I awoke this morn, skin avulsion again without my usual support team so I ended up at Tahoe Forest Hospital. What a luvverly bunch of peeples. They was so nice, so kind, so caring, I didn't want to leave. So I now have an elbow all bandaged up and can't straighten, no showers, probably sleep in de recliner again, have to leave it on for a week and go back to see 'em in a week--no problem dere. Why must bodies let us down so??. I get so frustrated.

Em, would love to meet your Dad; he sounds like a riot, sick or not. What a phabulous sense of humour.

Hmm, list of nevahs! Nevah try to be funny when your psilly has left you?

thoughts on life in general as a misplaced middle-aged woman in a vapid, wretched, hot Valley farming area. Sheez, Soozle, so wrapped up in philosophical thoughts! Can't ya leave the damned valley?? Fer what it's worth, I agree it's a pretty wretched place; fog in winter and overwhelming heat in summer, using up all that air conditioning and keeping you running from house to car and car to house! Enjoy your stay in beauteous Carmel; that's where I used to retreat to when everything got too much!! Clay was contemplating a job in El Centro when first graduated from college and asked someone who should know what the climate was like, and he said "Like de fire, man, like de fire!"' Needless to say we didn't go there, fragile English rose that I am. Ended up in San Jose instead.

"Shroomie's lakeside sojourns" -- haha, don't be envious. First day it was really warm enuff for de beach I spent in da recliner watching non-coverage of Wimbledon, so instead of that tributes to Farrah Fawcett (I used to have her hair) and MJ. But I did get to watch a hilarious SNL which I really miss down under. Am living the other half of my life while I'm here; sometimes feels schizophrenic, but other times feels just right, balanced....

curlyfries Contributor

Zeus had a seizure a couple years ago........don't know why..........hasn't had one since.

Garage sale was a bust :angry: ..........I think it's too hot for people to get out and about. <_<

DANCING TODAY!!!!! :D .......and Brian gets to try out his new dancing shoes! Anything with a heel makes him feel like he's gonna fall forward :o

elye Community Regular

Mornin', Psills!

Trailer Park party last eve. ....... .. hilarious and great fun. Got in after midnight, feeling pumpkin-ish, and still do, whatever that feels like.......orange and tired? Will post the pics that turned out, as it was quite dark in the hall. Lots of tattoos, curlers, immense beer-bellies, classic mullets. What a classy bunch we were. :lol:

Soooooze, I would love to read your thoughts. I often think about this heartwrenching, tragic story and wonder about the lives of all affected. I know that you will never be the same, and I think of all the others, about how they might be managing.... . . . ...

elye Community Regular
..and Brian gets to try out his new dancing shoes! Anything with a heel makes him feel like he's gonna fall forward :o

:huh::lol: Leeeesargh! Brian needs custom shoes made, with the heel on the front.

B):rolleyes:

Darn210 Enthusiast
forget things about Josie - - how old is she? She is a mutt, methinks. . . . ......do you know what breeds she has in her heritage?
She's about 5. The pound had her listed as a beagle mix. I believe because of her colouring. Plus, those beagles get around. I never thought beagle when I looked at her. The vet said Open Original Shared Link mix and when I looked it up, I agreed. Several others have asked if she was (part) Basenji also. However, Basenji's are suppose to be African barkless dogs and she is definitely NOT barkless. Also, I have never detected even a hint of an African accent.

Zeus had a seizure a couple years ago........don't know why..........hasn't had one since.

OK then, I'll just plan on the one. :keepingfingerscrossed:

Garage sale was a bust :angry: ..........I think it's too hot for people to get out and about. <_<

DANCING TODAY!!!!! :D .......and Brian gets to try out his new dancing shoes! Anything with a heel makes him feel like he's gonna fall forward :o

Bummer about the yard sale . . . they are such a lot of work. Good luck wif yer dancin' . . . you'll have to sweep Brian off of his feet foot . . . :lol: . . . but seriously, it's quite admireable that he works so hard to keep doing the things he loves.

Susie . . . it does make me wonder how much your envirement affects your mood . . . you need to summer in Scotland

Shroomie . . . yikes on the elbow, girl!!! . . . take it easy . . . and whilst yer sitting around healing, dig out a photo of yer Pharrah Phawcett hair and post it for us!!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Afternoon SCILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We're having a bit of a heatwave here (most probably laffable by your Northern American standards but nonetheless......I digress....)

It's causing the most exciting storms!!.......MASSIVE hailstones, thunder and lightning...BIG WEVAH!!!!!!!!!!

...but the lightning hit my house <_< (wow was that LOUD!) ...knocked out the internet..which came back on after a little while as was protected by a power surge socket thingy BUT the TV upstairs ain't working :unsure: ...it's killed me satellite box :o

EXTREMELY unusual in our country!!

Hope Rachel's basement is ok?? (is she at the cottage?? :unsure: ...or building an Ark?)

:lawl:!! legally larphing!

I'm coming over NOW to ban you from using it!!!!!! (except from c.com +fb ;) )

BTW - I'm also coming over to do Janey's garden...did she tell you I'm her new gardener?? ;)

SOozie's summer SADS sucks methinks <_<

<I actually think it's TOO hot even in Scotland for our Sooze at the mo :blink: >

The list of Nevers???

For me, I'll start with 'NEVER drink wine on an empty stomach'

No stiletto's for Brian then...... but truly, your positivety is fan-f***in-tastic Leese!!!! ;)

Also, I have never detected even a hint of an African accent.

Are you sure???

Jo-dog may be bi-lingual :huh:

Fingers crossed the fit was a one off Ghianne-it.

SHROOMIE!!!!..oh poor luv :( ....hope yer elbow heals quickly!!

OH PSILLIE's.... I have started a new gym class (HAD to give up one of me weights classes as these ole knees ain't liking it :angry: )

Anyhoo.....started doing a 'fitball' class

DEAR GAAAAAWD!!!!!!!!!!!.....me gluteous MAXimus is SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o ....these dormant muscles ain't happy!!!

<I can barely walk>

HAPPy SUNDAY peeps!!! :D

Archived