This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

mimommy Contributor

I'm bored...and restless and...lazy. I am almost done reading "Duma Key" by Sephen King, and I have to say it's pretty darn good. I have been reading his books since I was in the fourth grade and I have always considered him my favorite author, as pedestrian as it may sound. No other author can offer me the 'suspension of disbelief' factor that he does. He went off on a bad trip for a while--I actually thought his wife wrote one of his recent books for him. But he is still a genius--the man can't deny his inner vision.

wish I could write half as well... <_<

I was even a little creeped out last night. Had to stop reading and just go to bed, because every sound in the house was a creepy creeper creepin' up on me :o:unsure:

I am taking my girl to open swim at the city pool in a while, then home for showers, then off to the library for her prize (she joined the reading club and has been reading like crazy). Then, I think I'll make some shrimp scampy for dinner. Meanwhile I will do whatever I have to, to avoid going down stairs to the (creepy creeper) basement to exorcize demons clean the post painting/sump pump leaking mess :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mushroom Proficient
I was even a little creeped out last night. Had to stop reading and just go to bed, because every sound in the house was a creepy creeper creepin' up on me :o:unsure:

:ph34r:

Oh yeah! You scare the bejeezus out of yerselph, but that's why you do it, becuz you luvs it :lol::rolleyes:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Oh yeah! You scare the bejeezus out of yerselph, but that's why you do it, becuz you luvs it :lol::rolleyes:

Anybody else wake up at 3:15 whilst (or after) reading the Amityville Horror? . . . spooky

jerseyangel Proficient
Anybody else wake up at 3:15 whilst (or after) reading the Amityville Horror? . . . spooky

I remember when I read Stephen King's "Thinner", I literally couldn't put it down and read the whole book within 24 hours. The kids were younger, so I read all night till 5AM to finish it.

elye Community Regular

Yes.. . ........ :unsure: ..... . . . . .. ... :unsure: ..... . . . . I read this book when I was thirteen, and did not sleep well for many nights.

The pig in that window. . .. . . . . .

:o:o

curlyfries Contributor

:D:D:D:D:D

Are ya all dazzled by me pearly whites?

Jyaghnutt!!!!........We'll be at the pic-a-nic.....you?

I'm thinkin of trying to track down an old friend and invite her, too. She's recently diagnosed and I hear thru the grapevine that she's a mere skeleton cuz she doesn't know what to eat. She actually was Nathan's middle school science teacher AND a leukemia survivor.

Brian went to the prosthetist today. He made some adjustments and VOILA!......he can now walk without a cane! He also said that if Brian were to wear long pants, people wouldn't be able to tell he had a prosthetic. Fitting for the permanent leg is in 4 weeks :D .....He's hoping to go back to work even sooner. :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
:D:D:D:D:D

Jyaghnutt!!!!........We'll be at the pic-a-nic.....you?

I'm thinkin of trying to track down an old friend and invite her, too. She's recently diagnosed and I hear thru the grapevine that she's a mere skeleton cuz she doesn't know what to eat. She actually was Nathan's middle school science teacher AND a leukemia survivor.

Brian went to the prosthetist today. He made some adjustments and VOILA!......he can now walk without a cane! He also said that if Brian were to wear long pants, people wouldn't be able to tell he had a prosthetic. Fitting for the permanent leg is in 4 weeks :D .....He's hoping to go back to work even sooner. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D To everything!!!!!

Puttin these on because if yer dazzelin teef B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast

B)B)B)

MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of POete, LIsa STOP smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Been reading along peeps, but there's a heatwave going on - and I must catch me rays :lol: ...... and do me chores in the eve..

Full posting will resume when it rains ;)

Carry ON!!

Darn210 Enthusiast
Been reading along peeps, but there's a heatwave going on - and I must catch me rays :lol: ......

Catching rays now??? . . . isn't it like midnight there or sumptin???

Lisa . . . good news on the new leg . . . do men's legs come wif hair?

Checking on attendence wif me family. If yer going, I'll probably swing by to say "hi" even if nobody else is going to go. I know last year Skeeter was hopin' for more some kids.

Mtndog Collaborator

OMGawd.yes and still freaks me out when it happens!!!!!!!

I think I may go as Champ! How can I get THAT funny looking- I mean I'm phunny looking but not like dinosaur funny looking. Hmmm......green crepe paper? Paper mache?

elye Community Regular
Lisa . . . good news on the new leg . . . do men's legs come wif hair?

:lol::lol:

How about warts, moles and scars? Perhaps a package of them with adhesive backing, so you can accessorize your own limb. . . . ....

OMG.....this reminds me of a classic Stephen Wright line - - he claims to have been walking down a busy street in Chicago, and seeing a man sitting on a park bench with "an artificial leg, but a real foot". . ......

:huh:

Jestgar Rising Star
OMGawd.yes and still freaks me out when it happens!!!!!!!

I think I may go as Champ! How can I get THAT funny looking- I mean I'm phunny looking but not like dinosaur funny looking. Hmmm......green crepe paper? Paper mache?

bubble wrap

Green12 Enthusiast

*Big wave* to me Sills

I went back a few pages and saw a poop in from Tom!!!! Tom, so sorry you haven't been doing well, this new appt you have set up sounds promising, I hope you can find some answers, thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed.

And Bunnie, bless your heart. Hope you feel better soon.

Jess, how is the kitchen? How is yer back?

Janet, how is JoDog?

Em, how is your dad doing?

Rachel is scaring herself :lol:

I missed saying good bye to Suze, hope she has a good time

This is fantastic news Lisa :D

Been reading along peeps, but there's a heatwave going on - and I must catch me rays :lol:

B)

B)

B)

B)

B)

That's a emoti-totem of protective eye wear LOL

Slap on yer shades and the sunscreen and enjoy Nik Nik!!

The puppers got his teeth cleaned today, he came home a little groggy and stumbling around from the anesthesia, I tried not to laugh but it was a little funny to watch. He pawed at the wall instead of the door ...but he has reall purty clean teeth -------> :D and he's resting comfortably now :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Emily, just spotted your Trailer Park avatar. It's FANTASTIC!!!!

:D:D

mimommy Contributor
Brian went to the prosthetist today. He made some adjustments and VOILA!......he can now walk without a cane!

That is EXCELLENT news! :) Your strength is nothing short of admirable <tips hat to you> :)

NIK--one word for you...

SUNSCREEN

B)

Oh Sills, I made a yummy dinner. Sautee'd shrimp scampy (with butter and fresh lemon zest/juice and garlic and parsley and olive oil and white wine and fresh cracked pepper) with boiled sweet corn. I ate mine with the corn sliced off of the cob so it could roll around in the left over buttered herbs from the shrimp, gumbo-laya style. OMG it was to die for :P

Now, I need some advice...

which show would you see:

Tapdogs

Bowfire

or

Menepause the Musical

?????????????????????

I need to make a choice and use the tickets to the Macomb Center my friend gave me.

I'm seriously leaning towards Tapdogs.

elye Community Regular
bubble wrap

Dear gawd.....speaking of which. . . ..... . . . .

She arriveth. :huh::unsure:

Hide me. . . . .. . . . . ..... . . . . . :ph34r:

He pawed at the wall instead of the door ..

I wonder if Arnie's teef are as conversation-stopping as Leeeesargh's?

Green12 Enthusiast

Geez, and I just spotted Patti's pizza av. That looks DELISH Patti :) So glad you are able to tolerate dairy products again :D

And Lisa your avatar, brings tears to me eyes and warm fuzzies to me heart :wub:

Darn210 Enthusiast
She arriveth. :huh::unsure:

Hide me. . . . .. . . . . ..... . . . . . :ph34r:

Perhaps you should seek assylum at the Burundian Embassy . . . :blink: . . . :ph34r:

JoDog's blood work all came back fine and dandy . . . now we just wait to see if it happens again. I looked up epilepsy in dogs and it says that if a dog has epilepsy, they usually have their first seizure sometime between 6 months and 5 years. JoDog will be turning 5 . . . any day now (as we could only guess how old she was when we got her) . . . so life back to normal as far as she's concern. Hope it stays that way.

elye Community Regular

♣♣♣♣♣♣ HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!! ♣♣♣♣♣♣

Those li'l club things are about the closest graphic to a maple leaf on the code page.... .... . .....

What are your plans today, POeter? I've been thinking about our other lost Psilly Canucks - - Alex, and Ryan. I wonder how they are doing, and if they are celebrating today... . . . . ..

nikki-uk Enthusiast
♣♣♣♣♣♣ HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!! ♣♣♣♣♣♣

Those li'l club things are about the closest graphic to a maple leaf on the code page.... .... . .....

What are your plans today, POeter? I've been thinking about our other lost Psilly Canucks - - Alex, and Ryan. I wonder how they are doing, and if they are celebrating today... . . . . ..

Bad beaver :lol:

T'is a holiday for you Canucks??

Why don't 'we' have a England day I wonder :blink:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Everyone

Em- yes hiding is a good idea- in fact hide in PA---long ways away from the MIL!

Our lab is moving today so we are busy :)

John and I are hoping to get to the beach tomorrow night-Saturday....hoping

Lisa good news about Brian's leg. My good friend lost his in an accident almost 20 yrs ago. You can't even tell. The things he does still amazes me.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Ummmmmm . . . . sooooooooo . . . . ummmmmmmm, what you're telling us is . . . :unsure: . . . if we continue to make fun of you . . . :unsure: ummmmmmm :unsure: . . . you're going to sic your beaver on us???

:lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular
Why don't 'we' have a England day I wonder :blink:

'Cause, Nik, youse guys have been a country forever. Since the beginning of time, methinks. We are only 142 years old, so we get a yearly birthday. :rolleyes::lol:

Ummmmmm . . . . sooooooooo . . . . ummmmmmmm, what you're telling us is . . . :unsure: . . . if we continue to make fun of you . . . :unsure: ummmmmmm :unsure: . . . you're going to sic your beaver on us???

Yep. . . . . . . . ....... .. . .....he's out in my ho'tub. .. . . . . ....

Jestgar Rising Star

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Emily's trained beaver!!

What other tricks can it do?

nikki-uk Enthusiast

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

PINCH,PUNCH, FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!!

<carry on training Beavers and such>

Archived