This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Sillies-

Em that was a beautiful piece on your dad. :) (((HUGS)))

So here's something crazy with a good ending. I am not sure how many of you have had the Bell and Evans gluten free chicken nuggets and such. Bell and Evans is a company about 30 minutes north of where we live. So you can buy the stuff at their company headquarters as well as fresh chicken too...lthe company has antibiotic free chickens. Very good stuff. So two week ago, we took a ride for the first time to the store and sure enough things are much cheaper there. So I bought 3 boxes of these italian chicken patties to try. I get home and the next day go to use them and they all expired in 12/08.....yea its 7/09....yikes! so I was crying I had this whole meal planned out and then that wasnt going to work out. So I called the company and they said they would send me a refund. So this past weekend I got a package in the mail from them- a cookbook, my check and a letter saying to call them because they would like to give me a case of free product. So I called and they were very apolgetic and wanted me to return the outdated product. So I asked if I could get the regular breaded chicken patties cause I loved them. So yesterday I picked up my case of chicken-- 12 boxes of gluten-free chicken patties. I am very impressed with their company. First they made gluten-free chicken nuggets which taste amazing but second they went above and beyond to correct the mistake. I swear that is the last place I would think to find outdated stuff. I am thinking about sending a small card expressing my graitude and praising the gluten-free products.

We have more animals living at the zoo aka my house. We have a owl and baby which are nesting in the backyard tree and they come and sit on the beams which support the rook outside....I think they are decorative beams. Anyways they hoo in the mornings and you can hear it very well in our bedroom. On the other side of the house a dove has nested in the beams. The skunk babies have moved on from the porch which is a blessing. There are young squirrels...a pack of 11 which went crazy on Sat. jumping from tree to tree and up on our roof and back to the tree. John says it is the first time out of thenest for them...very entertaining.

Let's see what else...work is nuts! Today my computer screen died AT 8 am.....This is a brand new computer, just got it in Dec. So luckily a coworker resigned and I took her seat...but I had none of my documents, links, or username/passwords on her computer...even when I log in...and since I couldnt see them on my defunct computer I was lost all morning...until I took her monitor and plugged it in at my desk. Now I was back in business.

And lastly....this is more that my lady sillies will understand...I was late...so we were getting excited since I am clockwork and "she" always arrives on time...and I had been feeling sick and had some strange things going on....Well she came today...and crashed our family hopes...

But John and I are scheduled to see a dr to get some tests run just to see where we stand so if that might now be our way we would like to look at adoption.

So I guess thats my updating for now.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Jess its getting hot here too....I was so sweaty walking into work that I reapplied my deordorant and I still felt gross!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Amanda--sorry it didn't happen this month, but I know it will :)

When I lived up there, I used to always buy Bell and Evans fresh chicken--I even made a special stop at a different store since my Giant didn't carry it. Their chicken is so good! How great that they treated you so well. :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Well she came today...and crashed our family hopes...

But John and I are scheduled to see a dr to get some tests run just to see where we stand so if that might now be our way we would like to look at adoption.

Sorry she came visiting but........

we made a apt with the adoption agency and ..........had to cancel to keep OB/GYN apt to confirm i was indeed pregnant.

Maybe you might want to try the approach too ;)

Sorry she came visiting but........

we made a apt with the adoption agency and ..........had to cancel to keep OB/GYN apt to confirm i was indeed pregnant.

Maybe you might want to try the approach too ;)

Good idea Judy :):)

curlyfries Contributor

Speaking of the weather........

.....does anyone know a no-rain dance? It absolutely can NOT rain on Saturday!!! You'd think we've had enough by now! <_<

I have discovered that if you watch enough weather predictions, SOMEbody will predict rain. At least it won't be hot. B)

Wedding plans are coming together. Almost had a crisis........

:ph34r:

I accidently threw away my daughter's bridal shoes. :blink:

OK..........here's the story.......

It begins with me weeding the flower beds and finding a pair of rusty scissors. It's possible that at some time in the past, I might have used them to trim a bush or sumphin :unsure: So I'm thinkin I should just throw them away.......so I do.

That same day, hubby notices that he is missing a pair of scissors from his tool box (he has cut-out sections in the shape of every item that belongs there), asks if anyone knows where they are, and says he has no idea how long they've been missing. For some reason he has issues with people using his stuff and not putting it back........go figure. :rolleyes:

So now I'm thinkin.......CRAP!......now I gotta dig out the scissors from the trash when he is not around and clean them up.

So now you're wondering what this has to do with shoes.

That evening I'm helping Briana clean her room and I grab the three plastic grocery sacks that she has filled with trash and throw them away. The next day I remember that I have to find the scissors, so I start pulling stuff out of the large trash bag and there are the shoes in one of the grocery sacks :o

The other sack of trash was still in her room. I had picked up the wrong sack.

Shoes came thru unscathed......scissors have been steel-wooled to perfection and have been strategically placed in the garage waiting to be found :D

One more day of cleaning before my sis arrives from MinnesOtah.

Sorry Janet.........all my cleaning energy will be used up after tomorrow. ;)

'Manda has enough civkeb for a psilly reunion!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Dang!!! . . . wish I lived close to the Bell&Evans outlet mall store.

jerseyangel Proficient

Curlylisa--thank you for me morning smile :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
all my cleaning energy will be used up after tomorrow. ;)

Enjoy the wedding and happy you found the shoes

Judy

Darn210 Enthusiast

Someone help me!!! I hate cleaning . . . procrastinate till I can't even get everything done . . . that's why I'm here . . . :ph34r:

Lisa . . . I will do an anti-rain dance for ya . . . and I'm very glad that you didn't have trash pick-up day whilst the shoes were in the trash. I look at those kind of stories as the "someone's lookin' out for ya little miracles" . . . you didn't even know you threw away the shoes, would not have known to look in the trash, how long had those scissors been outside so they would be in bad enough shape to throw away, hubby finally realize that the outline of his scissors (giggling thinking about that) is empty . . . it's just the timing of it all.

curlyfries Contributor
Someone help me!!! I hate cleaning . . . procrastinate till I can't even get everything done . . . that's why I'm here . . . :ph34r:

This is sooo me. Have done that often. This time I only put it off til the last week, cuz I knew if I did it too early, it would all need cleaning again. :rolleyes:

But actually I'm pretty proud of meself........I actually gave myself more than 1 or 2 days to get it done, and it's looking mahvelous! :D

And everything you said about the timing.........I know!!!!! Can you believe it? DD would have freaked out trying to find her shoes. Just the thought of it makes me cringe.

Gotta go finish cleaning.

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol::lol: Poor Jan-it! Wish I could come over and help ya.

I am going to do the no rain dance for ya later---Maybe I will even get nominal fee donations for it ;)

curlyfries Contributor
I am going to do the no rain dance for ya later---Maybe I will even get nominal fee donations for it ;)

:lol:

Post it on UTube!

Jestgar Rising Star
Darn210 Enthusiast

Post it on UTube!

Well . . . based on the prior conversation, I was expecting some sort of "non-rain dance" . . . :lol::lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Well . . . based on the prior conversation, I was expecting some sort of "non-rain dance" . . . :lol::lol:

Surely 'non-rain-dance' is just a euphemism...

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Surely 'non-rain-dance' is just a euphemism...

Well of course it is :lol::lol:

How's everybody peeps???

Dull boring deep cleaning has been occuring in me house..... found a banana skin and a cluster of fruit flies in D.C's room :rolleyes: ...with possibly a new strain of antibiotic at the bottom of a mug :unsure:

Anyhoo the buggers (fruit flies) are trying to take over...... I am at war :angry:

GADS!!! Lisa's daughter's wedding day Saturday?!?!?!......that come round quick :o

Darn210 Enthusiast

Lots to do today . . . which must be why I am here.

Started off the day in a pissy mood . . . love the word pissy and it has been brought to the forefront of my vocabulary by seeing it in a thread title . . . I'm working on trying to get my freakin' money out of the freakin' med-expense flexible spending account. The hoops I have to jump through and it's MY MONEY!!!!

OK . . . must go dry my hair and drag the children around on some errands.

Jestgar Rising Star
. . . I'm working on trying to get my freakin' money out of the freakin' med-expense flexible spending account. The hoops I have to jump through and it's MY MONEY!!!!

Thought I was the only one who felt that way. I sign up every other year just because I can't handle the thought of having to collect all the stuff they want. Although, when I sent them all the bills for my hysterectomy, which were much more than I had put in, they sent the check back immediately. Guess there was nothing to pick at.

Finally getting back to reasonable temps. Only supposed to be 80's today :huh:

Cats (and humans) are starting to come out of their stupor.

So excited!! I got my calculus books in the mail!! Can start trying to remember math so's I can take the classes I need, to be able to take the classes required...

Must feed small animals and have coffee.

elye Community Regular

PSILLIES!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

What a beautiful, no....... . . . ...incredible thing you have given me and my family. I sat crying as I finished reading the card from the garden centre, called Jack in, he started crying... . .. . ...it is an amazing gesture, and I thank you from the deepest part of my heart.

I was out in the backyard last evening looking at my pitiful attempt at a garden and I found myself thinking that we should plant something for my dad, that there is nothing more poignant than this - - an active, living tribute, a symbol of him.

And then your gift certificate came. :):):)

We are going to the centre this weekend to pick something.

I need a big, funny tree.. . .. . . . .......

You guys are very special.

You are a helluva lot more than a barrel o' laughs.

mushroom Proficient

A monkey puzzle?? :D

Welcome back!

Hi Em- so nice to see you ((HUGS))

Jess- its finally cooler here today too- 80. We had been humid the last few days- even reapplying the orderant didnt help me from feeling icky and that was from the walk in to work...

Busy weekend for me so I will probably catch you guys on Sunday.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Em, get one of them goat trees!!!! Can anyone remember what that conversation was about?? Am I going to have to go back and look it up?

Glad to see you here, Em!!

Have a play date this afternoon for Skeeter. Her new friend is anaphylactic to peanuts/tree nuts . . . gah!!!! . . . gogurts and popcicles for everyone!!!

Jestgar Rising Star

sooooo...

Emily's bawling

'Manda and I aren't stinky

Janet's still avoiding housework

jerseyangel Proficient
You are a helluva lot more than a barrel o' laughs.

Right back acha, buddy :D I've missed you ;)

Am I going to have to go back and look it up?

I'm afraid so..... :P

sooooo...

Emily's bawling

'Manda and I aren't stinky

Janet's still avoiding housework

Doncha just love this place :wub:

Archived