This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

psawyer Proficient

"This post was edited" is an optional tag. If you don't want it to appear, clear (or don't check) the box at the bottom of the edit window while editing. Or, use "quick edit" which never puts the tag in.

Had Oliver to the vet this morning, and he is doing well. The bladder infection has cleared up, and his mobility is noticeably improved. Sugars were 7.9, which is good. The infection had him up around 18 or 19. He's lost a bit more weight, too, which is a good thing.

No snow here overnight. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator
. . . .. .....soon we may start seeing things like, "this post was typed by elye on laptop as she sat on the toilet", or "Dear gawd, you should see what elye is wearing as she posts this".... ..

Who knows how far it may go?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Suze- Hope you feel better soon!

Pieter- What is this good news of which you speak?

We did not get snaugh but my sis (15 minutes west) has the evil stuff sitting on her lawn. It is WAY too early for winter to start- we only had four weeks of summer here! Kurt and I are going to the mountains this weekend (tis our 5th anniversary!) to see the FOLIAGE and it is going to snaugh! Well, more hot tub time I guess!

elye Community Regular
"This post was edited" is an optional tag. If you don't want it to appear, clear (or don't check) the box at the bottom of the edit window while editing. Or, use "quick edit" which never puts the tag in.

OooOoOooh, thank gawd.. .. . . 'tis not a mandatory announcement.

I wonder if my kids have those little boxes on their bodies somewhere, for me to uncheck. No loud announcements at the grocery store, "Mom! You've got ELEVEN items! You can only have TEN!" or at our dentist's -- "Mom, you do NOT floss every night...... or even every WEEK"... . . .......

Hell, I should check DH's chest or top of his head, see if there is a magic edit box there somewhere...... ... ....no more "why are you wearing that?" or "trust me, you'd better talk now, while Em's takin' a breath". . . .....

:lol:

Good news about Oliver, POeter! Wow, I admire your dedication to his care - - a diabetic pet on insulin must be quite a job. :)

It is WAY too early for winter to start- we only had four weeks of summer here!

Us, too! :angry:

psawyer Proficient
Pieter- What is this good news of which you speak?

Had Oliver to the vet this morning, and he is doing well. The bladder infection has cleared up, and his mobility is noticeably improved. Sugars were 7.9, which is good. The infection had him up around 18 or 19. He's lost a bit more weight, too, which is a good thing.

I think I edited my post while you were posting, Bev.

elye Community Regular

POeter, do you use your tester to test Oliver's blood? His own lancet, of course.... . ...do you take it from the pads of his feet? I assume that would be the easiest place. I could draw blood from Bryce's paw, our big, male orange tabby who is incredibly laid back. Tess, howevah... . . . ....well, think I'd just be guessing at what her blood sugars would be... . . . ... <_<:rolleyes:

Mtndog Collaborator

Hurray for Oliver!!!!!!!!!! That is good news!

psawyer Proficient

Since my blood glucose meter has a memory, I don't want to mess up the history. Oliver has his own meter with its own memory. They are the same brand, but different models, so the test strips are the same.

We get blood from his ear, near the edge. There is a blood vessel there that is fairly easy to find. That's where Janice (our vet) showed us to get it, but I expect the paw pads would work, too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ranger Enthusiast

Sorry about your dog, Peter. I am diabetic, too, and my last A1C was 7.6. So, I'm kinda like your dog. Do the numbers translate equally between humans and dogs?

OMG! My husband got laid-off today! Starting Mon. Oct.19. I had a mamogram sceduled for Mon. Oct 19 at 4:00. Our health insurance is also terminated Mon, Oct 19. I called, and got an emergency mamo today. They had to putt a little peice of wire over the scar from my breast biopsy that I had a year ago. OMG! I'm one of the many uninsured Americans with health problems. I'm skeered! I also had blood work dx. Couldn't do it that fast.

I thaught I was poor before

I thaught I could pass gass fom my silli ass

I think I can take this rotten situation onto new heights of creation

I will become healthier stealthier, and wealthier

I will not only phart, but will also make art

I will write a short novel

about living in a hovel

I'll still be poor

BUT I'LL STILL PASS GASS FROM MY SILLY ASS

And this time I will make being poor an art form!

But, I will never conform.

The actual Susan.

mushroom Proficient
Sorry about your dog, Peter. I am diabetic, too, and my last A1C was 7.6. So, I'm kinda like your dog. Do the numbers translate equally between humans and dogs?

OMG! My husband got laid-off today! Starting Mon. Oct.19. I had a mamogram sceduled for Mon. Oct 19 at 4:00. Our health insurance is also terminated Mon, Oct 19. I called, and got an emergency mamo today. They had to putt a little peice of wire over the scar from my breast biopsy that I had a year ago. OMG! I'm one of the many uninsured Americans with health problems. I'm skeered! I also had blood work dx. Couldn't do it that fast.

I thaught I was poor before

I thaught I could pass gass fom my silli ass

I think I can take this rotten situation onto new heights of creation

I will become healthier stealthier, and wealthier

I will not only phart, but will also make art

I will write a short novel

about living in a hovel

I'll still be poor

BUT I'LL STILL PASS GASS FROM MY SILLY ASS

And this time I will make being poor an art form!

But, I will never conform.

The actual Susan.

Poor psilly Psusan. That would make any silly ass pass gas from the ass :o Can you not get COBRA insurance in the meantime?? Assuming finances would permit???

elye Community Regular
OMG! My husband got laid-off today! Starting Mon. Oct.19.

Oh, Sleuzhann........I am so sorry to hear this. . ..... .. :(

I had a mamogram sceduled for Mon. Oct 19 at 4:00. Our health insurance is also terminated Mon, Oct 19. I called, and got an emergency mamo today. OMG! I'm one of the many uninsured Americans with health problems. I'm skeered! I also had blood work dx. Couldn't do it that fast.

Ah, man.. .. ....... . .it's just heart-wrenching to hear of Americans with no health insurance, or with insurance but suddenly no coverage due to "pre-existing conditions".. . . ....... :angry::angry:

C'mon up here. . . . . . .....there can be something of a wait, but I was in for my free mammogram, bone scan test, x rays and full blood work two weeks from when I called. My sister is having arthroscopic surgery next week, a month after she got her referral. The cost will be whatever the parking lot charges her to have her car there overnight....

Yes, c'mon up here!

ranger Enthusiast

Be Happy!

psawyer Proficient

Um, Oliver is doing well, but he is not a dog.

s1581545038_30130834_3461.webps1581545038_30127327_407.webp

He is bigger that some of the dogs in the 'hood.

jerseyangel Proficient

Sleezen--so sorry to hear about yer husband being layed off :( Youse guys will be in my thoughts--this happened to Mark last November. Such a sad state of affairs these days......

Glad you were able to get in for yer mammogram under the wire. Stay strong--it's all going to be ok :)

jerseyangel Proficient
That would make any silly ass pass gas from the ass :

:huh::o:unsure::P:lol:

On another note.....closing happened this morning--went off without a hitch. :D

mushroom Proficient

Wow, congratulations on your new home!! That was quick :blink: . When do you get to move in??? Our house took 16 months to build :(:o I guess it was worth the wait :unsure:

flourgirl Apprentice

Sorry about yer sich-e-ation Slooz. Chin up, and hang in there. When one door closes, often many doors are open. You need to find them and pick a good one (I'll take door number 3 Montey). Pseriously, better opportunities are in the offing.

Pah-tayyy! Wunnerphul news! Bet you're so excited! We need details, details....right down to how much you sweat moving stuff in! :P

Coooold, rainy, yuk around here lately. Of course, it coincides with many area activities (outdoors, of course). At least its not snaughing (ssshhhhhh) Hoping for better temperatures very soon!

elye Community Regular

Pahteeeigh! Such great news! I'm so happy to hear that you're finished all of this yucky stuff, and now the fun of getting into a brand new house can begin! :):)

Crap, where IS that magic edit box? Those kids are yelling at one another as I sit here trying to ignore them........I believe Jack used Sophie's hairbrush. <_<

Such is a regular morning here in this household. . . . ......

:rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
Wow, congratulations on your new home!! That was quick :blink: . When do you get to move in??? Our house took 16 months to build :(:o I guess it was worth the wait :unsure:

Wow! 16 months :o Ours took 4 but they finished a bit ahead of schedule. I'm looking forward to having all of my "stuff" back and finally being settled. We had only lived in our last house for 14 months, and had just about got settled and finished with what we wanted to do there when this all happened.

Pah-tayyy! Wunnerphul news! Bet you're so excited! We need details, details....right down to how much you sweat moving stuff in! :P

We took two loads over in the car last night--and plan to take more over the weekend. It's kind of nice to work with smaller amounts of stuff at a time--much more manageable. Next weekend, they will move the furniture from the apartment over and we can actually begin living there. :P The rest of the things that are in storage to follow after that.

We did get just about perfect weather--it had been hot and humid (low 90's and oppressively humid) all the way up to yesterday. It was gorgeous for the closing--sunny and 79. Today and tomorrow to be even cooler and sunny :D Just delightful :D

........I believe Jack used Sophie's hairbrush. <_<

:lol: Pandemonium reigns over at Em's!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
......I believe Jack used Sophie's hairbrush. <_<

A hairbrush crime MOST heinous!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Next weekend, they will move the furniture from the apartment over and we can actually begin living there. :P The rest of the things that are in storage to follow after that.

Oh PadT!!!!...SOOO excited for yooz!!!! :D

We shall be demanding pics for FB - and an invite for the TexASS summit toot sweet!

SLEAzen!!...so sorry to hear of yer hubby's job loss :( ...real bummer <_<

pATTI!! 79 degrees F?..... t'is summeresque still (:jealousface).....a 'high' of 52 degrees F here <_<

Well peeps, bored of moaning but STILL feel like cr@p <_< .....GADS, haven't been to see Sven in 10 days!! :o

Just soooo tired, lacklustre ..... and now I have a stinking cold....BAH!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

T'is wee Alzey's 17th birthday tomorrow! :D ....... Tel will be making a birthday cake to rival any gluten one :P (you should know not even 10 days of sickness will put me off me phood!! :lol: )

jerseyangel Proficient
We shall be demanding pics for FB - and an invite for the TexASS summit toot sweet!

I will put up some pics--and yer ALL invited anytime!! :D Lets put our collective 'eads together and get the TexAss Summit ball rolling! How cool would that be??? B)

Well peeps, bored of moaning but STILL feel like cr@p <_< .....GADS, haven't been to see Sven in 10 days!! :o

Just soooo tired, lacklustre ..... and now I have a stinking cold....BAH!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I'm worried about ya, Nik :( And now a cold on top of it all.....take good care of thyselph and I hope you pheel better :)

T'is wee Alzey's 17th birthday tomorrow! :D ....... Tel will be making a birthday cake to rival any gluten one :P (you should know not even 10 days of sickness will put me off me phood!! :lol: )

Al is 17 :o !!!! How time phlies!! I think he was 12 going on 13 when we met. Give him an extra hug fer me and I hope he has a wonderful day. Can't wait to hear all about the cake--sounds like Tel is gonna outdo himself!! :D

happygirl Collaborator
:huh::o:unsure::P:lol:

Congratulations to you and Mark!!! I know you are so excited to finally get all your own stuff in your own home!!! And perfect weather for such a big day!

jerseyangel Proficient
Congratulations to you and Mark!!! I know you are so excited to finally get all your own stuff in your own home!!! And perfect weather for such a big day!

Thanks Laura :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Phunny story (or pathetic, depending how ya look at it :lol: )......I'm busily cleaning out the kitchen, tossing out old papers, getting a donation pile ready--all that phun stuff when I come across a bottle of my old phriend--Boylan Cane Cola :wub: in the back of the fridge.

I have been pretty phlawless in staying away from rephined sugar since the beginning of August and have reaped many benefits. I don't crave it, and phrankly don't think about it much--until I was phaced wif the ice cold lucious looking bottle staring me right in the phace :rolleyes:

No way could I just pour it out (just couldn't :o )......coulda asked Mark to drink it up, I suppose...... :unsure: ...I opened it up and was just gonna take a few sips and now I've polished off just about the whole thing :P It's actually helping my packing efforts--between the caffeine and the sugar I'm making record time here :D

This was the last of it--when it's gone, it's gone. ;)

Sugar is a bit like riding a bike :lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular

Nik! Yer still feelin' like crap. ...... .. ... :( Lordy. ....'tisn't swiney, now , is it? :unsure: That is the one thing I keep hearing, repeatedly and across the board, about H1N1 -- it isn't necessarily any more serious than other seasonal flus, but when it descends upon you, it stays. And stays. And stays.

Alzy CANNOT be seventeen!! :o:o There is no way......yesterday he was a little guy goin' to Disney World. . . ........unbelievable!

Patteigh's Boylan Cane Cola :lol: .. . . . 'tis yer weak spot. .. . . ......

Sugar is a bit like riding a bike :lol:

Yep. Ya nevah forget. Even as a diabetic. . . ....... :rolleyes:B)

ranger Enthusiast

Potty - congrats on the new house. When we moved to Ohio, we moved into our first brand new house. Our funiture didn't come for 3 days, and we could have stayed in a motel on the company's dime but baught some bedding and slept on the floor! We were so excited! It's a good feeling.

Sorry, Peter, that I turned your cat into a dog. God, I have magical powers!

And thanks to all of you for commiserating on John's job loss. I know that if he finds a job, we'll both be better off, cause he really hated that job, but it was a job. We have high unemployment here and he's no spring chick, so it's scary. The thing that p's me off is that he was there 4 years and our renter has only been there 6 weeks, and he didn't get laid off! A bunch got the pink slip, including a guy that has been there for 23 years. Needless to say, this causes a problem for me. And, the renter has paid late 6 of the 7 minths he's lived there and calls off all the time. John never missed work. I just don't get it. :unsure:

What can I say. Onward and Upward, I guess. :D

S

ps...Nick, get better and Iam... are you diabetic?

Archived