This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

Woohoo!! Kerrighn just posted # 1700!!!!

Look out below!! :o:lol:

OH no!!!! Your not "below" me anymore. Texas was right below.

I think this just means I "talk" alot.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Have found the name of the health care system. Angela is in Newfoundland or Labrador.

She's Canadian. Gives me an in.. . . . .....

Also, did you notice the jug is about 1/4 full? :ph34r:

Hmmm... . . ... ..this could mean that she was admitted to hospital for kidney problems... . . ...she's what, 66? Looks like a decent room, kind of spacious. . ....she can afford a private room, methinks.. . .. ....that gets costly up here. So I believe that Angela is a well-off senior citizen with voidance/ nephrological issues. Okay, time to message her. .. . .. .. ...B)

kareng Grand Master

She's Canadian. Gives me an in.. . . . .....

Hmmm... . . ... ..this could mean that she was admitted to hospital for kidney problems... . . ...she's what, 66? Looks like a decent room, kind of spacious. . ....she can afford a private room, methinks.. . .. ....that gets costly up here. So I believe that Angela is a well-off senior citizen with voidance/ nephrological issues. Okay, time to message her. .. . .. .. ...B)

I messaged an Angela from NL. Her birthdate may be 1962. It looked like a 2 at the end of the date when I looked at it again.

I keep checking FB to see if she responds. :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient

Pads, LOVE the new av biggrin.gif

Thanks Nik--I just love phall. I wanna take a big bite outta today! :D

Holy jeepers Em--you're in the wrong business, me thinks. You'd make a fine detective! :lol:

elye Community Regular

Kherrighnne, I canna find her.. . . . .:huh: .. . .there is no listing for Newfoundland, CANADA, only a few Newfoundlands in the States. How did you get her profile?

Could we somehow convincingly tie this hospital stay/disturbingly small collection of urine to celiac disease? That might offer me a smooth introduction, somehow.. . . ... .and I could get her on here.....SO many symptoms are recognized as possible indicators of celiac - -how about not peeing enough?

:rolleyes:

kareng Grand Master

Still haven't heard from Angela. With my luck she is one of those people that only check her fb once every few weeks. :huh:

Or I scared her... :ph34r:

elye Community Regular

Still can't find her. What is shown in her profile picture? Another huge orange jug, filled?

:lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

Still haven't heard from Angela. With my luck she is one of those people that only check her fb once every few weeks. :huh:

. . . and this is a problem because???

I only joined fb to see Jess' pictures of her kitchen . . . and to make sure you guys weren't talking about me.

kareng Grand Master

Still can't find her. What is shown in her profile picture? Another huge orange jug, filled?

:lol:

When I put the name in and searched, she was # 35 ish. She has a pic of herself with a man on the left and a younger on the right ( hub & son?). She lives in NL so I think this must be her. Am waiting for the FB police to come for me for stalking. :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

biggrin.gif Well the good news first.........the Dr just called and the stools tests ( we are all about pee and poop on this thread arent' we?) and the

C-Diff is biggrin.gifGONE FOR NOW!!!

biggrin.gifLet's hear it for Doctors who finally get it, research it and listen to their patients and look outside the box into the whole person.

I can only share this good news first with the friends on silly thread who have stuck by me and cared and supported me. I Know the odds of it coming back are there but for now I just want to celebrate. biggrin.gif

I've had a slow computer all day and have done 3 posts on here but the emoticons when i got to copy people keep me from posting so keep losing it.

Will go back and see if i can find some i wanted to comment on.

I know Em's orange jug was one...........I'm a dull knife in the drawer today.......and yesterday as thought it was Em's jug...........oye..........now the sillies are looking for the Real Angela...........OMG what a group we are.

will be back.

will me luck trying the chicken pot pie with bisquick top. Anyone done it here yet?

kareng Grand Master

Judy,

So glad the nasty c dif is gone!

Let us know how the bisquick pot pie went. That sounds yummy!

mushroom Proficient

Yay Judy, good news. That stuph is nasty to get rid of.

I am sitting here in a stupor, paralyzed by the stupidity, incompetence, and just plain "don't care" attitude of the folks we must do business with. I have been trying for a month to get my prescription for Humira sorted to take back with me - we leave Wednesday. A shipment arrived on Friday - yeay - for one month!!! :angry::unsure::huh: This was supposed to be a year. Needless to say it was not a pleasant weekend because the Medco staff who are on on the weekend really can't do anything. I had three people promise to call me back and not one did. I was on the phone at 7:00 a.m. this morning because I was told (on Sunday) that our insurance hadn't authorized it, but when I talked to them they kicked me back to the insurance company. THEN I was told there was an appeals form to be filled out for the insurance company (they have changed the procedure :rolleyes: )that no one in the last month had mentioned anything about (they all told me it was approved) and so I ended up with a six-month approval instead of twelve, but it was too late to ship it to me so I had to find a local pharmacy and then convince my doctor's nurse to call in the prescription for 6 months to the pharmacy which, after 4 calls, she finally did 10 minutes or so ago. I have spent the whole day on the phone.... And all this with a totally lost voice - I am Patteigh this week, all I can manage is a croak, a squeak, or a tremolo gruff if that makes sense. Some peeps even hung up on me because they thought it was a crank/joke call. I am exhausted..... .:unsure: and tired and ready to sit down and have a good cry, and so not packed and haven't cleaned..... Oh well, tomorrow is another day :rolleyes:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

I'm back from the bowels of school hell. I've been knee deep in principals and teachers and pretty soon, my knee is going to be buried deep in that principals junk if he doesn't take care of this blasted situation!! Sorry-bit of a vent! No new news, we'll find out next week what will be done (or if my dh will be calling the superintendent again)mad.gif

Rachelle...both you and Janet are fighting the FIGHT with schools. Tell your hubby good luck and go get um......for me!

Janet at least you have a good teacher who is proactive so it will fall into place but the systems are sooooooooooo slow........we had Jason tested privately as the tester in our school system was a dolt.ph34r.gif

Yep, women rule for sure

was going the say the same thing........ah great minds.wink.gif

Em always trying to find the celiacs and bring um to the sillies' wouldn't it something

if she did have it????

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Yay Judy, good news. That stuph is nasty to get rid of.

I am sitting here in a stupor, paralyzed by the stupidity, incompetence, and just plain "don't care" attitude of the folks we must do business with. I have been trying for a month to get my prescription for Humira sorted to take back with me - we leave Wednesday. A shipment arrived on Friday - yeay - for one month!!! mad.gif - I am Patteigh this week, all I can manage is a croak, a squeak, or a tremolo gruff if that makes sense. Some peeps even hung up on me because they thought it was a crank/joke call. I am exhausted..... .unsure.gif and tired and ready to sit down and have a good cry, and so not packed and haven't cleaned..... Oh well, tomorrow is another day rolleyes.gif

Thanks Karen and Neroli....fingers and toes crossed.

God I know the drill.............A whole day on the phone is beyond belief.....HA maybe your croaking voice was mistaken as a crank call but heck......all those people? Na can't be..........just not caring is my bet.

What is the Humira for saw many people on crohn's and c-diff taking it?? if you don't mind me asking.

I'll let you know how it comes out.......remember this gal doesn't like to cook

going to put in corning ware individual oval bowls so doing some adapting...as i always do as i hate to cook so much esp this as don't think left overs would freeze well.

carry on the search for Angelacool.gif

elye Community Regular

JOOOODIE'S C DIFF IS GONE!!!!! party0002.gif

Shroooomie, I am sorry to hear about all this crap with yer meds. :angry: Hope it all get sorted out.. .. .... .

Em always trying to find the celiacs and bring um to the sillies' wouldn't it something

if she did have it????

WELL... . . . . .. ..I am going to search through the Angelas in question over on Da Book until I find her, and I will look closely at her photo. If she's got ultra-long eyelashes, thinning hair, small patches of dermatitis on her face, perhaps a pinched, exhausted look in her eyes from constipation, bloating and/or lack of sleep, hell, she could very well belong over here wif us ... . .. . . . ... :lol:

kareng Grand Master

JOOOODIE'S C DIFF IS GONE!!!!! party0002.gif

Shroooomie, I am sorry to hear about all this crap with yer meds. :angry: Hope it all get sorted out.. .. .... .

WELL... . . . . .. ..I am going to search through the Angelas in question over on Da Book until I find her, and I will look closely at her photo. If she's got ultra-long eyelashes, thinning hair, small patches of dermatitis on her face, perhaps a pinched, exhausted look in her eyes from constipation, bloating and/or lack of sleep, hell, she could very well belong over here wif us ... . .. . . . ... :lol:

It's not a very up close pic. She looks healthy, maybe a little short? Mal-absorption caused? :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

biggrin.gif Well the good news first.........the Dr just called and the stools tests ( we are all about pee and poop on this thread arent' we?) and the

C-Diff is biggrin.gifGONE FOR NOW!!!

Hurray Judy!!! . . . Will pray that it will stay that way!!!

Neroli . . . Oye!!! . . . spent some time on the phone wif medical stuff meselph today, but no croaking was involved and it took a lot less time. Jeesh, seems like you just got here and yer leavin' already. You never did stop by . . . I had a room ready and everything. Hubby was watching Lord of the Rings the other night and said "We need to go to New Zealand". I said "Yep, and I got us a free place to stay". I'll let you know when to expect us.

mushroom Proficient

What is the Humira for saw many people on crohn's and c-diff taking it?? if you don't mind me asking.

Helps out with my psoriatic arthritis (quite a bit) :)

Hubby was watching Lord of the Rings the other night and said "We need to go to New Zealand". I said "Yep, and I got us a free place to stay". I'll let you know when to expect us.

Yep, and it's still standing :D Ya need to make reservations.

jerseyangel Proficient

Yippee fer Judith!!!!!! :D:D:D The evil C-diff is gone--and I'm just gonna say it will stay gone! :D So there :P

Gawd Shroomie--you poor thing :( You do sound just like me a couple weeks ago--making arrangements fer the gas, electric, and the all important TV and internet whilst not being able to speak ;) I had to keep cough drops and water at the ready so I wouldn't add a coughing phit to the mix.....Dealing wif insurance companies AND doctor's offices will bring ya to tears! Ugh....why does it have to be so hard :angry:

Git some rest tonight, Shroomlet :rolleyes:

I see the search fer the elusive Angela continues..... B)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

CONGRATS TO JOODEIGH!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Yer phinally kicked c-diff's arse!!!

Shroomie!...UGH!! So sorry!....I can only IMAGINE the trouble you have getting the Humira set up when you travel regularly.

Terry has enough probs getting his delivered to our home - even though it's on prescription.

We've NEVER been brave enough to try and take it abroad!!

The fact that it needs to be in a fridge AND that it costs MEGA £££££'S seems to render people incapable of action blink.gif

"We need to go to New Zealand". I said "Yep, and I got us a free place to stay". I'll let you know when to expect us.

Yup laugh.gif

Hubs and I also have the same conversation, - also including varying parts of the US and Canada.

....we need an Ozzie psillie!! (to complete my travels wink.gif)

Yooz ALL welcome for the Olympics 2012 yer know!! wink.gif

*Standing room only*

A distinctly autumnal pheel out there today & I don't like dry.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

:D I've been waiting fer autumn to start--after the perennial summer in Tex-ass, I'm ready :rolleyes:

Can nae wait to wear me phall clothes B)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

:D I've been waiting fer autumn to start--after the perennial summer in Tex-ass, I'm ready :rolleyes:

Can nae wait to wear me phall clothes B)

There was no real difference for us .....harumphffff!!!!

BAH!! T'is all downhill from here! dry.gif

I think the moan is over....but I can't guarantee it won't be back unsure.gif

On the upside, we get to have an open phire this year! (Tel opened up the phireplace...chimney was swept) ........OMG!!!! I can toast marshmallows!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

On the upside, we get to have an open phire this year! (Tel opened up the phireplace...chimney was swept) ........OMG!!!! I can toast marshmallows!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

Sounds wonderphul! :D

celiac-mommy Collaborator

It's supposed to be 85 here today! Autumn is by far me phavorite season, love the crisp mornings, no need for an excuse to wear thick sweaters so my abs don't need to be in a constant perma-flex :blink: , the food---OHHHHH the food!!!! Stews, pies, breads.... I pheel my belly expanding as we speak!

But, I need a little more time wif the warm weather, my tomatoes are just starting to turn red (all at the same time...) and my wee melons might actually mature ;)

kareng Grand Master

and my wee melons might actually mature ;)

I'm afraid my wee melons only matured when I was pregnant! ;)

Archived