This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

Loose fitting pants or a skirt & some cranberry juice. ;)

..... .. ....and yogurt.......

Ya got a sitz bath, Jyessss?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

And I'm curiously hungry. :rolleyes:

Gotta keep yer strength up :P

Em said "sitz bath" :lol:

Can nae stop giggling....

kareng Grand Master

Gotta keep yer strength up :P

Em said "sitz bath" :lol:

Can nae stop giggling....

And I look at Hanky Panky's serious face and image he said it. :P

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Yeah ok good. I wasn't sure if this was truly a unique experience, or if most of the world does this and I happen to have picked all the losers for my previous partners. Walking is not so much of an issue. Sitting, however...

Yes, the loose fitting clothes and perhapse a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack... ;) Oooooh-a warm bath with epsom salt!

Loose fitting pants or a skirt & some cranberry juice. ;)

Oh yes, the cranberry juice! Lots of water and use the restroom often--keep it clear :)

mushroom Proficient

Yeah ok good. I wasn't sure if this was truly a unique experience, or if most of the world does this and I happen to have picked all the losers for my previous partners.

Walking is not so much of an issue. Sitting, however...

I would vote for this being a pretty unique experience :o:D Mebbe more than some of us get in a lifetime :unsure:

Well, if sitting is definitely out that means you will get lots done tomorrow :P

elye Community Regular

It's our Thanksgiving here, today... . .. .....gobble gobble!

sick0017.gif

(Too much turkey face). . ..

elye Community Regular

sick0017.gif

(Too much turkey face). . ..

Ha! Dunno whot that li'l guy on the left is doing there. . . . ....Didn't mean to paste him on here, as well. Well, 'tis often fitting.. . . ..... ..turkey can cause one to be rather bunged up, as well.. . . . ...

:rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Em, I'm confuzzled as usual....do you celebrate today because on our calendar, it says Thanksgiving Canada is the 11th--same as our Columbus Day?

But at any rate.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING CANADIAN PEEPS

:D:D:D

psawyer Proficient

In Canada, Thanksgiving Day is the second Monday in October. This coincides with the US observation of Columbus Day.

curlyfries Contributor

snort

yeah, well, imagine spending ~20 hours being treated as if the world would stop spinning if you weren't completely.....happy. I don't think I've ever heard so many nice things said about me in my lifetime, let alone one night. Sadly, I was incapable of speech much of the time :P . I'll try to do better next time.

^_^

:dreamyphace:

Yeah ok good. I wasn't sure if this was truly a unique experience, or if most of the world does this and I happen to have picked all the losers for my previous partners.

I think you've got yourself a really rare gem ;)

HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING!!!!

....so what's on the menu today?

kareng Grand Master

Merry Thanksgiving! What do you eat?

Jestgar Rising Star

Merry Thanksgiving! What do you eat?

I think last year Em said 'one of everything'.

elye Community Regular

I think last year Em said 'one of everything'.

Um, yes, particuarly martinis as MIL was here last year... ...

We're having turkey at my sister's. I'm doing a ham tomorrow night.

wilbur-ugly-turkey.webp

They are obviously related to civckebs, as this guy looks mighty pissed off. If I had a face like his, I suppose I wouldn't be strutting around all smiles either.. . . . . .. :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star

From my parents:

What is Celibacy?

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances.

While attending a Marriage Weekend, My wife and I, listened to the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other.."

He then addressed the men,

'Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?'

I leaned over, touched my wife's hand gently, and whispered,

'Gold Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?'

And thus began my life of celibacy.........

kareng Grand Master

My hub better say " Pamela's!". :P

jerseyangel Proficient

'Gold Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?'

:P

Finally home. Nice weekend but happy to have the 1 and 3/4 hour drive over wif. :)

psawyer Proficient

Was pressed into service as the son-in-law today. We drove up to the retirement lodge to pick up FIL, then drove back south to the hospital where MIL is expected to be for six weeks.

She is more lucid, but is still hallucinating. There was a man hiding under the chair I was sitting on, and another one watching from behind the door. :o

After an hour at the hospital, we took FIL back to the lodge, where I got to set up a new answering machine for him. The old one was accepting messages, but refusing to divulge them (and saying so in French!). We had to move the bed to get at the wiring, but got it sorted out.

A quiet Thanksgiving is planned for tomorrow--just the two humans and four cats. We normally have three here, but Caramel is at home since she is having some issues and we need to keep an eye on her until we can get her to the vet on Tuesday. She seems to be coping with being isolated in the master bedroom.

For dinner, we are planning to make our gluten-free three-cheese lasagna.

kareng Grand Master

Peter, we think alike. My favorite Thanksging dinner was when I made lasagna. This was when my family lived too far away to complain.

jerseyangel Proficient

Was pressed into service as the son-in-law today. We drove up to the retirement lodge to pick up FIL, then drove back south to the hospital where MIL is expected to be for six weeks.

She is more lucid, but is still hallucinating. There was a man hiding under the chair I was sitting on, and another one watching from behind the door. :o

After an hour at the hospital, we took FIL back to the lodge, where I got to set up a new answering machine for him. The old one was accepting messages, but refusing to divulge them (and saying so in French!). We had to move the bed to get at the wiring, but got it sorted out.

What a day! :(

Hope you and Jacquie have a nice quiet day tomorrow wif yer kitties. Lasagna sounds really good :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Peter, we think alike. My favorite Thanksging dinner was when I made lasagna. This was when my family lived too far away to complain.

I grew up in a big Italian phamily--when my grandma was still wif us, we always had lasagna before traditional holiday meals as a phirst course. Those dinners went on fer hours--good times :rolleyes:

mushroom Proficient

I grew up in a big Italian phamily--when my grandma was still wif us, we always had lasagna before traditional holiday meals as a phirst course. Those dinners went on fer hours--good times :rolleyes:

With lasagna as merely the FIRST course, that meal would really need to last a long time :o:rolleyes:

kareng Grand Master

I could not eat a small first course portion of lasagna. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

I know--the lasagna was always my favorite part. :)

You had to pace yerself :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

You had to pace yerself :lol:

't'would be difficult. I am a fan of lasagne

kareng Grand Master

't'would be difficult. I am a fan of lasagne

If the time marker is correct, you posted at 2:30 am. Do you ever sleep, girl?

Archived