This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star
Here are some instructions on giving a cat a pill. Hope it helps Jess.

Open Original Shared Link

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Amazing how good they are at spitting those things out. I'm sure pilling S-ooze will be much easier.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast

OMG - S-oozie's still up (early morn here)

This can mean 2 things:

Itching is driving her crazy

Got steroids (itching abated) ...CANNOT sleep

:unsure:

When Terry was on steroids he used to get up at 3.00am to make eggs + bacon :lol: (Steroids give you an appetite)

:mellow: <----- I always though this guy was 'smelt a fart' guy , although it says 'mellow' he looks more stunned, shocked and sense of smell assaulted :lol:

Got to get kids ready...later sillies!!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

So sillies - t'is another glorious warm day in blighty....I have mucho ironing to do but cannot waste the day indoors (sunny warm days being such a rarety!).....I may have to drag the ironing board out in the garden :lol:

<neighboUrs think I'm crazy lady ...& they could be right ;) >

I've found the PERFECT clothing attire should S-oozie go to any more cabin adventures HERE to prevent poison oak B) (might be a tad hot though)

...was there a Goosey sighting last night??? :unsure:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Sillies!

I feel almost like a stranger here anymore. It seems I spend my time out in the nice weather and by the time I get home I am pooped and need to get ready for work the next day. Still not using the sleeping pills....soon to be a month! We will celebrate that day!

Another nice day here as well, although I here it is going to get cooler and rainy for the rest of the week....boo!

Landen comes back tonight, he and Jen have been in Michigan since last week. We missed them. I did keep up the working out for the most part, yesterday I swapped jogging for shopping at Salvation Army...lol!

Well tis time to start some work. Talk to you all later!

elye Community Regular

Morning, Sillies!

Well, got a shot of the Enigmatic Mr. Chow - - Gad, the things I do for you people - - I was waiting for him to spring up on his picnic table where he is most spectacular, but alas, he stayed on his lawn. I shall post it post haste....

And yet the precision brought by paragraph after paragraph I found delightful.

Conversely, a similar qty written on the finer points of your specialty would freak ME out!! :wacko:

<sniff> you even had a greek letter mathematical symbol - capital epsilon was it?

Paragraph after paragraph....ya got that right. It just went on and on - - I could not stand it. :lol:

Yes, that was the bright point in the entire monstrosity, the lovely Greek characters....Epsilon Majuscule, and I believe Kappa? Now THOSE were nice..... :)

This is developing into a desperate situation. In case of escalation, do you have some Altoids handy? I believe that the optimum quantity is two, according to Karen (who has been missing for a while).

King Peter! As I mentioned, one must save the weaponry of Altoids for those occasions when the really big guns are called for - - a sunroom addition, the Caribbean cruise for which one pines....

Times tables for the number 17--I didn't know that was the conversion factor.

But Peter!! You know everything!......

Things are much better since I went gluten-free. Jacquie is trying the diet to see if it helps with the headaches she has been having, but it is too early to make an assessment. I was gluten-free for a year before I realized that my migraines were gone (and still are).

This is great news about Jacquie...you never know, it could turn her life around!

So sillies - t'is another glorious warm day in blighty....I have mucho ironing to do but cannot waste the day indoors (sunny warm days being such a rarety!).....I may have to drag the ironing board out in the garden :lol:

Gaaaahhhhh.....I NEVER iron. Hate it, will NOT partake. I will never purchase an item of clothing that needs ironing, or we all wear things a bit wrinkled. With this kind of life approach, ya see, one's standards need to be set somewhat lower. Ha, what's a few wrinkly shirts? :rolleyes:<_<

nikki-uk Enthusiast
yesterday I swapped jogging for shopping at Salvation Army...lol!

I like your style Amanda!!!...swapping the gym for shopping???.......SHOPPING's gotta win everytime :D

Gaaaahhhhh.....I NEVER iron. Hate it, will NOT partake. I will never purchase an item of clothing that needs ironing, or we all wear things a bit wrinkled. With this kind of life approach, ya see, one's standards need to be set somewhat lower. Ha, what's a few wrinkly shirts? :rolleyes:<_<

...and usually I avoid it where poss...but all of Al's clothes worn in Florida were washed and promptly chucked back in his suitcase 'til I could be bothered to sort it.

Now, the plan is...iron it, put it away, ready for another holiday vacation ;)

GADS - it's warm outside...I'm on lunch break :P

BTW - can't wait to 'see' Mr Chow :lol:

I like your style Amanda!!!...swapping the gym for shopping???.......SHOPPING's gotta win everytime :D

I won too, I got a cute little top at Sally Ann's! I didn't get a chance to wash it so I couldn't wear it yet but still. I was hoping to find some Capri's but I didn't. No nice skirts I liked either....or ones that were my size for that matter....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I'll bet you sleep better tonight since the itching should start to abate.

:( I took the first one this morning - as I really did have trouble sleeping the last time I was on them, 5 - 6 years ago.............forgot to eat dinner last night before concert so we picked them up but I waited until today - you should see the welts. :huh:

am psychotically miserable today.....................OMG - - - the dress/leggings underneath I wore to Buble - - a pure and distinct form of torture I can hardly imagine.................hard to describe - - but we stayed until the end, Buble was actually surprisingly good and put on a very enjoyable show.

:mellow: Actually, this looks more like a moon face.

-_- This looks like the sleeper, the more I think about it.

The mystical oriental healer emoticon? Did Scott really have that much foresite?

:lol: love the emoticon discussions..........

Asymptote (n): a straight line associated with a curve such that as a point moves along an infinite branch of the curve, the distance from the point to the line approaches zero and the slope of the curve at the point approaches the slope of the line...

:blink: what in hell????????????? STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or Smelled a Fart guy B)

:lol:

Emily must get her desired standard poodle to give Gus a canine companion. We must find ways to wear down the resistance. All sillies who can offer ideas are asked to post them for Emily to see. Will must be assimilated into the Silliness. :ph34r:

:o a proclamation from our oracle/King!!!!!!!!!

Amazing how good they are at spitting those things out. I'm sure pilling S-ooze will be much easier.

YES, PLEASE, anyone, someone, bring me a pill to knock me out for the entire day today, and I will GLADLY SWALLOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

OMG - S-oozie's still up (early morn here)

This can mean 2 things:

Itching is driving her crazy

:( Was up most of the night................... logged on when I got home, and did see Nicola here! Funny to be on at same time as our friend across the pond.....I was too cranky to even write..................but WILL look into your eco-terror protection space suit for Last Chance....... :lol:

Sillies - got nowt else...........................the welts on my neck/jaw/nearing the ear are swelling my ear canal......

:mellow:

:wacko:

:(

^_^

:huh:

jerseyangel Proficient
:mellow:

:(

^_^

:huh:

Susie's totem of itchy misery :(

I hope the steroids kick in soon--you poor thing!

Mtndog Collaborator

Gah S-oozie- the dreaded poison oak- that stuff can hospitalize you!!!!!!! Ah....my roommate when I first moved to CA had had a case that somehow got in her throat- she was in the hospital for two weeks. I've had poison ivy once, but seem to be imutant immune to the stuff now. Yah know- I have never feared the outdoors- insects, poison ivy, mosquitos. Bring 'em on, I thought. I shall now wear the Ecoprotector suit at all times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^_^ I always thought he was sleepy satisfied man :lol::P

He will certainly let me know. This is the cat that will jump up and pee on my bed while I'm in it if he thinks I've done something unforgivable (like pet the other cat).

Beware!!!!!!! I have a cat that would kill if given the chance!! Yet, she is SO cute.

No, see, Altoids are the big guns, and ya only pull them out for substantial stuff - -that cruise you've been pining to book, a sunroom addition....

THIS would explain a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_< (annoyed sleeping man).

Sadie's leaving??????????? :unsure: not sure now I feel about this but........well okay, that arrangement DOES sound perfect.........can she and Angus still maintain their relationship? :wub:

looks like sadie's leaving BUT I have worked it ouot so that she and Angus can still date. I am, however, becoming VERY concerned about Angus's behavior. He has gotten overly protective of both me and the house. :( Trying to figure out what to do. He LOVES you once he knows you but he acts like a pit bull on rage roids until he trusts you :(

Good God Susan- that website was horrid but of course I had to look!!!!!

Only while out in the wilds AND off-piste :)

(and don't pet the puppies post-off-piste!!)

Better to be off-piste than piste-off (or on? :huh: :huh: )

Vet who treats Stepford cats. Although, after S-oozie's stories about the Stepford dog, maybe the vet I saw just indulges in absinthe after work and hallucinates those cats that calmly let you chuck a pill down their throats.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
looks like sadie's leaving BUT I have worked it out so that she and Angus can still date.

:lol: :lol:

Gotta keep the boy happy.

Maybe he does need a live in friend to help him protect you. (I've never had dogs and have no insight into how they think - I'm just making stuff up.)

elye Community Regular
I won too, I got a cute little top at Sally Ann's! I didn't get a chance to wash it so I couldn't wear it yet but still. I was hoping to find some Capri's but I didn't. No nice skirts I liked either....or ones that were my size for that matter....

Shopping at the Sally Anne and Value Village is an absolute passion of mine - - the thrill of the hunt.... :lol:

am psychotically miserable today.....................OMG - - - the dress/leggings underneath I wore to Buble - - a pure and distinct form of torture I can hardly imagine.................hard to describe - - but we stayed until the end, Buble was actually surprisingly good and put on a very enjoyable show.

Oh, so sorry about yer appalling skin, S-oozie! :( Perhaps some magical yeti scat?

At the very least, Mr. Buble did not add to the torture...I'm glad he made things worth the effort. Perhaps I'll give him another listen....

YES, PLEASE, anyone, someone, bring me a pill to knock me out for the entire day today, and I will GLADLY SWALLOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Try the absinthe.......Can't hoit...... :)

I am, however, becoming VERY concerned about Angus's behavior. He has gotten overly protective of both me and the house. :( Trying to figure out what to do. He LOVES you once he knows you but he acts like a pit bull on rage roids until he trusts you :(

Bev, did this behavior start when Sadie entered your lives? Or has he always been this way?

Putting up Mr. Chow, now.... :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

S-oozie :( hope the steroid kicks in toot sweet....evil supporating wobbly blistering barnacles!!!!!!!!!!!!

...but at least The Buble didn't let you down ;)

OMG!!! There he is!!!

He is everything I imagined AND MORE!!!!! :lol:

Stepford vets for Stepford pets!!! :lol:

I love thrift stores but I try to avoid Sally Ann's on Weds when everything is 50% off.....the crowds are nuts!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG - there's Mr. Chow. :lol: :lol:

Em, does he even know you took his picture, or was this a zombie-man-type ambush? :lol:

Stepford vets for Stepford pets. :lol: Excellent.

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(OMG totem)

I do think that, per Foe-gaum's suggestion, moe-hee-toe season officially begins today.

^_^ <----- I"ve decided that that is a WINCING face

elye Community Regular
I love thrift stores but I try to avoid Sally Ann's on Weds when everything is 50% off.....the crowds are nuts!

Here we have senior's days at Value Village - - half off everything for 65+ bargain-hunters...I do not go anywhere NEAR the place on such days.....a long, unforgiving sea of walkers.... :lol:

Em, does he even know you took his picture, or was this a zombie-man-type ambush? :lol:

He has no knowledge that he is now featured on the internet for millions upon millions of eyes to see....quite amusing, isn't it? No idea. :lol::lol:

Oh.......

Could he take some type of legal action against me for this?...... :o:unsure::ph34r:

All right, now....I am about to put forward a potential edict, and will await King Peter's royal approval...

S-oozie and I have featured representatives of our fascinating neighboUrhoods for all to peruse. I believe that all Silly Subjects should follow suit, and put an interesting community person in their avatar. The Ripper thinks this is a wonderfully creative idea, and will merit great conversation material. :lol:

^_^ <----- I"ve decided that that is a WINCING face

Mygawd....can't you see the remarkable resemblance to Mr. Chow? In fact, he may come on here one day (or already HAS), see that emoticon throughout various threads, and think, "Ho! How dare they put likeness of me in little face, and NO ASKING ME?!" Jeez, could be trouble...perhaps I should let Scott know about this....

Mtndog Collaborator
:lol: :lol:

Gotta keep the boy happy.

Maybe he does need a live in friend to help him protect you. (I've never had dogs and have no insight into how they think - I'm just making stuff up.)

Hey- 99% of the game is making stuff up but making it SOUND good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bev, did this behavior start when Sadie entered your lives? Or has he always been this way?

OMG- I want to hug Mr Chow- is it true? is he real? So calming!!

Angus has always been afraid of strangers ever since he was little (he was the shy one of his litter and came from a BAD place). But it has slowly evolved into fear aggression or overprotective of memethinks. Like yesterday, my nurse comes to change my drerssing. Every Tuesday for the last four months. She LOVES him but he won't go near her- growls, barks and has "snapped". Granted, she comes in and does weird stuff to me (how we rationalized it) and leaves but she always speaks so nicely to him. Last week, she went to pick up her bags and he lunged at her :( :( I keep him on the leash when she's here but it such a bummer!

Then last night the family who wants Sadie shows up with a two year old and a six year old and he acted like a total turd even on the leash so I put him in the house. Don't know what to do.......guess a behaviorist.

He NEVER does this when my in-laws have him at their house. It makes me sad (not silly!) because once you're in, you are so IN.......he is such a love!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

Mtndog Collaborator

Uncle Ray has just let me know Open Original Shared Link

Equally applicable to gluten and lyme brain fer sure!!!!!

Ridgewalker Contributor
I do think that, per Foe-gaum's suggestion, moe-hee-toe season officially begins today.

I'M COMING OVER!!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

....wait.....LISTEN!!!!!

...Is that a collective sigh of relief from the sillies??? :unsure:

....is it REALLY true???

.....can it be???? :unsure:

Tell me again

IT'S MOJITO SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh thank gaaaaawwwd

Jestgar Rising Star

Hi arl

foun par ov a bar ov chocrate tha I hadda fnsh sho I woon be tented to ea i.

Ishno cheatin iv you HAVTA ea i tso prtect yursel la'er on.

mmmm

Green12 Enthusiast
All right, now....I am about to put forward a potential edict, and will await King Peter's royal approval...

S-oozie and I have featured representatives of our fascinating neighboUrhoods for all to peruse. I believe that all Silly Subjects should follow suit, and put an interesting community person in their avatar. The Ripper thinks this is a wonderfully creative idea, and will merit great conversation material. :lol:

Good idea!!

How faulous your avatar of Mr Chow is, an amazing site.

Nothing in my neighborhood could even compare :lol:

I must say the questionable emoticon is the spitting image, it should be called the :Mr Chow:

Equally applicable to gluten and lyme brain fer sure!!!!!

LMAO, I can relate....at 35, how terrible is that!

elye Community Regular
IT'S MOJITO SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, I forget......

I know these are green light for celiacs....

Can we diabetics have 'em?

...I doubt it...they sound mighty sweet. :(

Oh, well, Peter and Alex - - the three of us can sit and chug back the dry white wine....there are absolutely worse things in life, methinks... ;):lol:

elye Community Regular
Hi arl

foun par ov a bar ov chocrate tha I hadda fnsh sho I woon be tented to ea i.

Ishno cheatin iv you HAVTA ea i tso prtect yursel la'er on.

mmmm

Jess!!

WTH???? :lol::lol:

Are you sucking your thumb? Is it a peanut butter chocolate bar? Toffee? What in hell?

WHERE ARE ALL YOUR VOWELS?!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

S-oozie and I have featured representatives of our fascinating neighboUrhoods for all to peruse. I believe that all Silly Subjects should follow suit, and put an interesting community person in their avatar. The Ripper thinks this is a wonderfully creative idea, and will merit great conversation material.

^_^

A fine idea, Em. So........from now on...........all sillies MUST procure and display a photo of ONE neighbor - unbeknownst to said neighbor. :lol: Superb. I think I'll put zombie man up - for old time's sake.

:o OMG - did Zombie Man have a disabling case of poison oak when wandering the 'hood half-nekkid, clutching his abdomen??????????????????????? :unsure:

He NEVER does this when my in-laws have him at their house. It makes me sad (not silly!) because once you're in, you are so IN.......he is such a love!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Hmmm. I am pondering this sad news, Bev, I don't know what to say at this point. Very disappointing behavior for such a love dog. I would maybe look into that dog whisperer guy's book? Can't think of his name...................because I've been drinking screwdrivers...........

:ph34r:

:ph34r:

Yup, in broad daylight. The level of throbbing pain was too intense...........I mixed myself a drink. Don't tell Kissey. :lol: (crap, who am I kidding, he's the one who suggested it) 'Tis a lost day, to be sure.....

:lol: excellent - who is that guy?

I'M COMING OVER!!!

Sarah - your drink's ready and chilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived