18 replies to this topic

#16 EmiPark210

EmiPark210

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

It might be related to just overall nutrition, which is of course affected by your celiacs. I've always had a ridiculously high drive which gets worse when I exercise (so this thread is a little scary) but my boyfriend was naturally malnourished due to other factors and once he got that straightened out he came up more to my level. So it's logical that going gluten-free will help.

IBS Diagnosis: 2010

Celiac blood results: 2/21/13 Positive

Biopsy: 4/19/13 - visually positive, 4/23/13 - positive

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 wonderingman

wonderingman

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Its been 3 months, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free. My libido is Gone!. Please anyone whenwillit come back?My labs from the doctor are normal, as in thyroid and cortisol. What is the time frame?

#18 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

Its been 3 months, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free. My libido is Gone!. Please anyone whenwillit come back?My labs from the doctor are normal, as in thyroid and cortisol. What is the time frame?

Maybe it has nothing to do with gluten? Have you told your doctor about this? Had testosterone tested? A side effect of a medication for other medical issue? Maybe google this and find some reputable sites like Mayo clinic and see what they say.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#19 Simon_Australia

Simon_Australia

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

I noticed a massive improvement in my sex drive after going 100% gluten free - it took around 5 weeks before I began to notice a difference.   It's probably important to point out that I was and still am very strict with my gluten-free regimen so I am guessing this is why I noticed such an improvement.  My own research tells me that the reason for the improvement is that the hardening in my arteries has reversed significantly. Apparently, repeated consumption of wheat accelerates glycation which contributes to artery hardening.  

I would recommend for any guy who with erectile disfunction and low libido to consider going 100% gluten free as a 6 week trial - just to test out the results.

Another benefit to going gluten free is my pot belly is gone, gone, gone - after all these years my stomach is now flat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: