10 replies to this topic

#1 Poppi

Poppi

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

You burn your toast and eat it anyway because those two tiny pieces of bread cost $1.50

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

You burn your toast and eat it anyway because those two tiny pieces of bread cost $1.50

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there, done that. :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 glutenfreeinminnesota

glutenfreeinminnesota

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hahaha!! Yes...I just scraped off the burned nasty-ness :D It costs too much to throw away!
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease November 2009
2011:
Anemia is gone for the first time in my life, Yay!
Teeth are cleaner according to my dentist (interesting, eh???)
Eyesight has improved for the first time in my life (another interesting thing!)

**My advice to the newly diagnosed** HANG IN THERE!! It gets better and is so worth the seemly long road to getting better. Just be happy you can make yourself healthy with a diet change, and not have to take pills for the rest of your life. :D

#4 zus888

zus888

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

I had to throw 3 slices away because I wasn't thinking and put it in the wrong toaster! ACK!

also know you're gluten free when you start having nightmares about eating something with gluten.
Suzanna

#5 Diane-in-FL

Diane-in-FL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

I did that same thing with my new toaster......I thought setting #3 would to be fine. Way to dark, but I ate it....it was Udi's and I wasn't about to throw it away! :P
Gluten Free since 2010

#6 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

I had to throw 3 slices away because I wasn't thinking and put it in the wrong toaster! ACK!

also know you're gluten free when you start having nightmares about eating something with gluten.

LOL i had one (nightmare) this morning that i was heating my last piece of The Most Awesome gluten-free Pizza Ever (doesn't exist, sigh, it was a dream...) and somebody chucked a huge piece of italian bread on top of it!!

you know you're gluten free if all the inbox photos on your phone are pictures of grocery packages or ingredients (my husband lol is always second guessing at the store, God bless him!)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

LOL i had one (nightmare) this morning that i was heating my last piece of The Most Awesome gluten-free Pizza Ever (doesn't exist, sigh, it was a dream...) and somebody chucked a huge piece of italian bread on top of it!!

you know you're gluten free if all the inbox photos on your phone are pictures of grocery packages or ingredients (my husband lol is always second guessing at the store, God bless him!)

At least he cares enough to second guess:) My husband does the same thing except it's calling me a bunch of times while he is shopping (annoying at times but at least he cares enough to take the time)

#8 Googles

Googles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

You know you are gluten free if you call a company and stay on hold for ten minutes to find out if their food is gluten free waiting in the same palace given that the cell reception in the store is spotty. And you just smile at the store personnel who is stocking food across the aisle from you.

#9 anabananakins

anabananakins

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

You know you are gluten free if you call a company and stay on hold for ten minutes to find out if their food is gluten free waiting in the same palace given that the cell reception in the store is spotty. And you just smile at the store personnel who is stocking food across the aisle from you.

Haha, I always wondered who an earth would call those info lines. Now I know - me! And yes, there is always someone stocking the shelves near by...

You know you're gluten free when your fear of being near people eating toast (or garlic bread, agh!) has become stronger than your fear of spiders.

#10 Greenling

Greenling

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

You know you're gluten free if you know the best prices and places to buy amaranth, quinoa and teff.

#11 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

You might enjoy some of these as well:

http://www.celiac.co...re-a-celiac-if/

...but still looking for the Classic Chris/celiac3270 "You know You're Celiac if....".

Here We Go:

http://www.celiac.co...h__1#entry35889

(This brought laughing tears to my eyes many years ago.)

...enjoy!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: