This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Diet Or Gluten Free Lifestyle?

captaincrab55

IrishHeart Veteran

:D:lol: You all have spent too much time in the malls or with 24-7 Christmas carrols... you're cracking! :P

Maybe we should just take back the title of "Picky Eater" and be done with it... If you tell someone you're a picky eater there isn't much they can say to that except, "oh." ;)

I just came back from a kids Xmas party where we could only eat corn chips... this thread fixed my mood right up. :D Thanks.

Oh no,no no.!!! ..."Picky eaters" are just giant pains in the buttocks.

I refuse to be thought of as THAT!

I eat anything!

hungry-2.gif

and honestly, I never go to malls, I swear, so my "cracked behavior" -- must just be "me"..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adalaide Mentor

Oh no,no no.!!! ..."Picky eaters" are just giant pains in the buttocks.

I refuse to be thought of as THAT!

You're a little late for that.

laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

IrishHeart Veteran

You're a little late for that.

laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

oh really ....well, two thoughts were expressed , so which is it:

I am

a picky eater

or

giant pain in the buttocks?

go ahead....say it.

waiting.gif

Adalaide Mentor

oh really ....well, two thoughts were expressed , so which is it:

I am

a picky eater

or

giant pain in the buttocks?

go ahead....say it.

waiting.gif

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were a little sharper than that and would figure it out on your own. After all, you said you'll eat anything. I was referring to the distinct possibility of being a giant pain in the buttocks.

Please excuse me while I collect my butt and make a hasty exit!!

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

I can't leave you girls alone for 5 minutes.....

I am LOVING the idea of declaring myself a picky eater. I think if anyone asks, I would say I do it mostly for the attention.

Duck :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were a little sharper than that and would figure it out on your own. After all, you said you'll eat anything. I was referring to the distinct possibility of being a giant pain in the buttocks.

Please excuse me while I collect my butt and make a hasty exit!!

oh, whew, for a second there, I thought you considered me a picky eater.... :lol:

If you read the sentence, I said I refused to be thought of a picky eater (because they are pains in the buttocks).

and I refuse to be thought of as THAT. i.e. a picky eater.

if you consider me a pain in the buttocks, well, I guess I'll take that as a compliment?

as I am in very good company around here....just saying.... ;)

Adalaide Mentor

if you consider me a pain in the buttocks, well, I guess I'll take that as a compliment?

as I am in very good company around here....just saying.... ;)

I you aren't being a pain in the butt, you're doing it wrong!

I think we're all in good company around here.

I can't leave you girls alone for 5 minutes.....

I am LOVING the idea of declaring myself a picky eater. I think if anyone asks, I would say I do it mostly for the attention.

Duck :)

I like this idea a lot. A whole new way to be a pain in the butt. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Takala Enthusiast

I'm Ready for My Gluten-Free Lifestyle Makeover, Where Do I Audition to Be a Picky Pain-In-The-Butt on American Idle ?

"Waiter, is that a CROUTON in my salad ?! It will make my rump explode ! " ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Get over it????

:D

The End.

L.J. Rookie

Disturbingly, YES. :rolleyes:

Oops...I didn't see the END!...just wanted to add one more hilarious story! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, it is what people debate over! Hilarious!

For me, I went into a Restaurant that I have had "good luck" with on not getting gluttened! In the table right behind me, was a woman talking blah, blah, blah about being allergic to Gluten....then orders the *highly glutened French Fries*--which the menu clearly states that they are *not* gluten free. The waitress reminded her of this and she actually said, "Oh, they will be OK for me to eat"...

Is she on the hippity hop gluten-free diet? Yes..... Sorry IH, but for me it is a gluten-free lifestyle--without the swapping! :D:lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

Oops...I didn't see the END!...just wanted to add one more hilarious story! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, it is what people debate over! Hilarious!

For me, I went into a Restaurant that I have had "good luck" with on not getting gluttened! In the table right behind me, was a woman talking blah, blah, blah about being allergic to Gluten....then orders the *highly glutened French Fries*--which the menu clearly states that they are *not* gluten free. The waitress reminded her of this and she actually said, "Oh, they will be OK for me to eat"...

Is she on the hippity hop gluten-free diet? Yes..... Sorry IH, but for me it is a gluten-free lifestyle--without the swapping! :D:lol:

:lol:

oh, hon I was just being funny saying "The End" ...to Shroom's wise observation about what to say to "picky adult eaters"

OF COURSE....you can say whatever you want! :lol:

yes, those who "pick and choose" when they are Gluten free? So NOT doing us any favors towards creating celiac awareness or being taken seriously at restaurants........... and that makes this usually unflappable me....well, er, um how do say this ......?

Pissed off. :angry:

Adalaide Mentor

:lol:

oh, hon I was just being funny saying "The End" ...to Shroom's wise observation about what to say to "picky adult eaters"

OF COURSE....you can say whatever you want! :lol:

yes, those who "pick and choose" when they are Gluten free? So NOT doing us any favors towards creating celiac awareness or being taken seriously at restaurants........... and that makes this usually unflappable me....well, er, um how do say this ......?

Pissed off. :angry:

But they're the kind of people who make this trendy. Don't you WANT to be the trendiest person alive? :lol:

mushroom Proficient

But they're the kind of people who make this trendy. Don't you WANT to be the trendiest person alive? :lol:

Yes, but I set the trends, I do not follow them :P

IrishHeart Veteran

According to the Gluten Dude, I am the trendiest person alive.

Yes, but I set the trends, I do not follow them :P

What she said. :D

Adalaide Mentor

According to the Gluten Dude, I am the trendiest person alive.

You were the trendiest person alive. Wasn't that like... back in May? Times change! :ph34r:

IrishHeart Veteran

You were the trendiest person alive. Wasn't that like... back in May? Times change! :ph34r:

since the context of "Trendy" back then --when he used it sarcastically --meant the same as it means today? I say "once trendy, always trendy." (in the sardonic sense, of course)

You realize....that this means you're "trendy" too, right? :lol:

Adalaide Mentor

since the context of "Trendy" back then --when he used it sarcastically --meant the same as it means today? I say once trendy, always trendy. (in the sardonic sense, of course)

I am not going to get in a battle over word usage with you. I will not only lose, but ultimately go down in flames, spiraling to an epic and tragic end. I will simply admit that sometimes, just as I let my mouth get away without my brain, I let my fingers get away without my brain. Or possibly I have misplaced my brain altogether. At any rate, it seemed funny at the time. :lol:

kareng Grand Master

I am not going to get in a battle over word usage with you. I will not only lose, but ultimately go down in flames, spiraling to an epic and tragic end. I will simply admit that sometimes, just as I let my mouth get away without my brain, I let my fingers get away without my brain. Or possibly I have misplaced my brain altogether. At any rate, it seemed funny at the time. :lol:

I thought it was funny!

IrishHeart Veteran

I thought it was VERY funny and replied in an equally hysterical manner, I thought :lol:

I thought it was funny!

I thought it was VERY funny and replied in an equally hysterical manner, I thought :lol:

Adalaide Mentor

I still think you are literally the last person I know who I would want to debate (even hysterically) the proper meaning or usage of words with. I'll just let it go that trendy then is trendy now. Even if by that logic I should be able to be cool wearing bell bottoms. :P

IrishHeart Veteran

I still think you are literally the last person I know who I would want to debate (even hysterically) the proper meaning or usage of words with. I'll just let it go that trendy then is trendy now. Even if by that logic I should be able to be cool wearing bell bottoms. :P

Honey, you're cool wearing your toasty footie jammies! cool is cool ... and a state of mind ;) xx

mushroom Proficient

No, no, Addy, not the same trendy -- different trendy but still trendy!

nvsmom Community Regular
:blink: Ok... you all have thouroughly confused me now! LOL :lol:
IrishHeart Veteran

well, good ...........then our work here is finished.....let's all go have a drink!

:D

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Phew missed that debate, arrived just in time. Cheers :-)

Archived