This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Red Robin... Yuuummmmm!

luvs2eat

luvs2eat Collaborator

I went to Red Robin in Miami, FL, with my celiac daughter. They offer any of their burgers on a Udi's gluten-free bun AND offer completely gluten-free french fries!! I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed that meal!! The server told us that kitchen staff and servers are schooled very seriously on their gluten-free options.

There IS hope!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darissa Contributor

We ate at Red Robin for the first time in 4 years. They have improved so much on their gluten-free options and the way they handle it all! We were on vacation, and ate there 3 times in Utah, and now have sense eaten at our local one. The management, servers, and cooks all did a great job!  The fries are fried in a seperate fryer (at least in Provo, Ut and in Tempe,AZ) The hamburgers were really good.  The buns are Udi's! So good!  We are sensitive to cross contact, and we explained that each time we ate, and we never got sick.  When we were vacationing, it was nice to be able to order "to go" and pick it up and eat it while we were at family get togethers where their was food.  We will continue to dine there.  

They did have a couple of salads, many hamburgers, a couple of chicken sandwich options, but not dinner entree options. Many sides were gluten-free also!  

• 1 month later...
notme Experienced

red robin - yummmmm!  i think i have eaten out 4 times in the past 3 years, so thought we would try it.  and it's right in my favorite area to shop :)  i was nervous as a cat!  but they did a good job and everything was delicious.   the udi's bun must have been a different recipe than the hamburger ones i have gotten at the store.  i was a little wigged out when they toasted my bun, but the server came right over when she saw my distress and assured me that it was toasted under a salamander on a separate plate.  it's been over 2 days and not one sign of glutening - not even a smidge of a headache.  i cannot tell you how happy this makes me - i'm trying to be all cool, like, no big, to the rest of the world - but you all understand that just this little convenience that i used to take for granted is so awesome to have back!  i can go shop, HAVE LUNCH, with other people (WOW!!!!!!!)  without sitting in the corner eating my chex!!!  ;)  and they had (omgosh) crappy wine but i didn't go there to *drink*

husband pointed out to me on the receipt that under my order (in big letters) it was printed "ALLERGY ALERT" - i have seen this chain off the interstate while traveling, so would also be nice to take a break and eat some trips.  happy, happy, happy, happy! :D

LauraTX Rising Star

It is always nice to have a place on the safe list for when you are out of the house.  Thanks for the reviews, everyone.

howlnmad Newbie

The hostess seemed a bit bewildered on the gluten free subject but I will say that our server seemed to be on top of the subject. I am so happy that the wifey has found another place that she's comfy with. :)

• 8 months later...
Christina.V Apprentice

I was told today that the Red Robin seasoning has gluten. I'm fairly new to gluten-free so can someone tell me which of the listed ingredients (if any) is the culprit? The label doesn't indicate gluten...

Salt, Spices (incl black pepper, celery seed, cumin, oregano, sage), dextrose, dehydrated garlic and onion, paprika, autolyzed yeast, dehydrated tomato, hydrolyzed soy protein (carmel color), natural flavor (smoke). CONTAINS SOY

kareng Grand Master

I was told today that the Red Robin seasoning has gluten. I'm fairly new to gluten-free so can someone tell me which of the listed ingredients (if any) is the culprit? The label doesn't indicate gluten...

Salt, Spices (incl black pepper, celery seed, cumin, oregano, sage), dextrose, dehydrated garlic and onion, paprika, autolyzed yeast, dehydrated tomato, hydrolyzed soy protein (carmel color), natural flavor (smoke). CONTAINS SOY

It doesn't look like it has any. The problem might be that, when a restauruant does gluten-free correctly and goes for certifications, there are certain standards that must be met. One of them is that they have to repeatedly check with suppliers about the gluten-free status of foods that they buy. Red Robin may have decided it is too hard to assure a consistent gluten-free spice mix. ( right or wrong). My BIL looked into certification for his restauruants and decided that was something he didn't want to do - guarantee a food from another company was gluten-free. It's easy to guarantee meat its gluten-free as they are buying pure meat or pure lettuce.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ikgbrd Apprentice

It does NOT contain gluten. I used to work at a Red Robin and many cooks and servers were confused about that because the seasoning used to not be on the gluten free menu, but was added back a couple years ago. Red Robin is very up to date about their allergy menu, and updates it regularly. If they can't guarentee something, they won't put it on the menu, but the current allergy menus say the seasoning is okay. Cooks and servers however, got used to saying it wasn't safe and kept saying it. It drove me crazy when I worked there! I eat it everytime I'm there though and have never reacted.

Its also left off fries to make it easier to identify which are allergy fries and which aren't, because its an easy difference to spot.

LauraTX Rising Star

Thanks for the clarification.  It is a good reminder to always follow the most up to date info directly from the company.

mateo2099 Rookie

Fuddruckers and Saltgrass has a much better gluten-free burger.I don't go to Red Robin anymore.

across Contributor

I also had a great experience at Red Robin in Salt Lake City, UT. The server was incredibly knowledgeable, the fries were cooked in a dedicated gluten-free fryer, and I didn't get sick.

Just wish they had one where I live.

mmg21 Newbie

Red Robbin is the best.  That is where we usually end up when eating out because I know I can have a great meal and not get sick after.  I haven't tried the gluten-free buns because I prefer mine wrapped in lettuce, and love the french fries.  I can even get a gluten-free beer :) .

• 1 month later...
BlessedMommy Rising Star

I tried Red Robin's for the first time and was very impressed! I don't eat meat, so they made me a specially made veggie sandwich on their gluten free bun (avocado, red onion, pickle, tomato, lettuce) and I had their yummy steak fries. Their handling practices are excellent!

They carry the allergy orders separately and even put them on a different colored plate, to distinguish.

• 3 weeks later...
cap6 Enthusiast

They are excellent.  In all of the different states we have visited I have had nothing but a postitive experience.  Out Back is also an excellent chain as if PF Chang. 

Archived