Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celestesrq

Muscle Weakness

Hello I have had Celiac for about a year and a half. I am having constant chronic fatigue , and Insomnia despite being gluten free since my diagnosis.I also have been getting muscle weakness and pain in my arms to the point that I can't hold my hands over my head not all the time it comes and goes. I have weeks I feel fine no problems ,and then it hits me.I am so sick .I feel like a crazy person .I am 39 and have been healthy, very active ,and a fit person before Celiacs. I am just trying to see if anyone has symptoms similar to mine.I have seen a ton of Dr one Dr thought I might have iron over load but the Hematologist mixed that .Any thoughts Help please

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How is your thyroid? Are you deficient in anything? Have you had a follow-up celiac disease blood panel to ensure dietary compliance?

Sounds a bit like my Mom's Fibromyalgia.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I have had so much blood work.I am a little low in my D vit ,my iron is always off usually .I have to much but I only Cary ony gene for iron over load so every Dr I see insist I can't have that sorry can't spell the name of that one.lol.My primary say I only have a few trigger points for fibromyalgia my Gi is testing me for other things like IFBD or refractory Celiac I just feel like I am chasing a ghost .I guess I had a positive rna at 1 point but it was very low and nothing ever came of it.

Join eNewsletter

I was convinced that I had Lupus or some other problem beause my arthralgias took so long to improve on the gluten-free diet.  I still (2.5 years later) get flare-ups of joint pain but they are much less than they used to be, and are generally less severe and of shorter duration.  Although my pain sounds different than yours (joint rather than muscular) perhaps you still need more time gluten-free?

All that being said, I would keep looking into other ideas like fibro.  Those with celiac disease rarely seem to have just one health problem.  :(

Welcome to the board.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

I seem to get bouts of weakness too sometimes, they seem to come out of nowhere. Today for example I bought a 6-pack of mineral water from the store downstairs and, as it turned out, wasn’t able to carry it all the way home on my own because I was far, far, far too weak (in the end a neighbor came by and offered to carry it for me) even though earlier this week I was able to carry an identical 6-pack with no problem.

I also get very easily out of breath and can feel my heart racing furiously (and often painfully) from things like climbing a flight of stairs or running a very, very short distance. Have you been experiencing that too?

I’m afraid I can’t say whether this is due to Celiac, a comorbid disease of the Celiac or a side effect of the gluten-free diet [i have to admit, I haven’t been very diverse in what I eat because I’m still new to this and most products (including some officially labeled as  gluten-free) still seem to have a bad effect on me] but what I can say is that I never used to experience things like this before the Celiac came into my life . I’m 30 btw. 

Join eNewsletter

I seem to get bouts of weakness too sometimes, they seem to come out of nowhere. Today for example I bought a 6-pack of mineral water from the store downstairs and, as it turned out, wasn’t able to carry it all the way home on my own because I was far, far, far too weak (in the end a neighbor came by and offered to carry it for me) even though earlier this week I was able to carry an identical 6-pack with no problem.

I also get very easily out of breath and can feel my heart racing furiously (and often painfully) from things like climbing a flight of stairs or running a very, very short distance. Have you been experiencing that too?

I’m afraid I can’t say whether this is due to Celiac, a comorbid disease of the Celiac or a side effect of the gluten-free diet [i have to admit, I haven’t been very diverse in what I eat because I’m still new to this and most products (including some officially labeled as  gluten-free) still seem to have a bad effect on me] but what I can say is that I never used to experience things like this before the Celiac came into my life . I’m 30 btw.

Have you been checked for anemia? That was my only symptom at the time of my diagnosis.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I have been "coping with celiac" since July 2014. I must agree it takes its toll on your body and rightly so your not absorbing nutrients like you should so your body reacts. I have times when It's almost like depression hits, maybe it does. I be sure to take my Multivitamin daily and try very very hard to stick to my gluten free diet. I notice if I have a "run-in" with Gluten I am feeling those effects for a few days at least. I throw up that initial time and then I feel no hunger at all and very drained for at least 24 hours after.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts