This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Hate I Hate I Hate...

penguin

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

wow Shirley. what a time...

I'm glad you could find some support from your friends here on the board.

Judy in Philly]

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BERNESES

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))), Beverly

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

Viola -- Sorry about your girlfriend. I know what it feels like I lost my best friend and dog on the same day not long ago. I will add Elizabeth to a prayer list... many hugs.

debmidge Rising Star

Shirley, condolences on losing your good friend.

D.

tiffjake Enthusiast

I hate that I haven't been on the board in a while and I missed all of this!!!

Shirley-I am very sorry for your loss. Peace be with you.

Deb-wow.

Lynne-double wow. (crying)

Everyone-wow again. I love this board.

I hate a lot of things. But after reading this, I mostly hate that I don't value myself or my health enough to quit cheating. I love this board. I hate that it took reading Lynne's story to move me to value my health. I get sick, and then I brush it off, because of all of the people around me telling me that it isn't a big deal. I care more about what they think then I do about my own health. I hate that.

God Bless you all, you have no idea what people reading this are thinking and are feeling. You have helped me more than you know. Tiffany (TiffJake)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hi--Lynne's UPDATE 8:45 AM Thursday 3/23 TODAY

Just wanted to let you all know that as of today 15 people have PM'd me for Lynne's address plus the ones listed on the 'hate' post. I'm so pleased with all the caring loving people on our board. Keep PM'ing me here and I'll keep it going. hugs to you all. Judy

penguin Community Regular

I know about all of the other sad posts, but since it's Friday and all, I thought I'd try to bring a bit more fun back to the thread...

I HATE it when Sonic forgets to put the marischino cherry in my dang cherry coke! :angry::P

Hey, the little things count too! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I despise how a television season isn't a true season anymore! What happened to TV like it was in the 80's? You had a favourite TV show, and once the season started, you were guaranteed a new show EVERY week until the cliffhanger at the end of the season. Nowadays, you never know what you are going to get. Half the time, it is a rerun and the other half of the time, it's not even on! (I tuned in to watch House as I religiously do every Tuesday night, and what was on? A double shot of the Gilmore Girls!!!! <_< Where's my House???????? :angry: The other half of the time, it's a rerun from a previous season!

Wuz up with that???? <_<

Okay, that's my rant for the day!

Karen

skoki-mom Explorer
I hate that I'm going to a funeral service for one of my friends today. I'm really going to miss her. Training dogs and painting just isn't going to be the same.

Shirley, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. You're in my thoughts.

Megan Rookie

I hate all of the sypmtoms I feel...

and I hate that I've been suffering from them for a long long time and it took until now for a doctor to go, huh that sounds like something I read about once...let me go look through some papers I'll be back...IDIOTS!!

I hate NEVER cuddling with my boyfriend because by the time he gets home I'm blown up to the size of a blimp

I hate not eating an entire day during class because I don't want to be bloated or feel the need to release that air while the professor is speaking!! :P:blink: :blink:

BUT you know what I love...I love knowing that other people feel like I do, that I'm not the only one who needs a nap because I got overwhelmed with this NEW fangled diet and ate a whole basket of Texas Roadhouse rolls...and that all these symptoms aren't just me overexaggerating or being a cry-baby.....

IronedOut Apprentice

I hate being obsessed with food.

arc Newbie

I'm new here, but thought I would join in. My life is pretty good, so this is mostly in fun.

I hate the nutritional and health misinformation that runs rampant.

I hate it that doctors are mostly drug pushers that treat symptoms with lifetime prescriptions rather than find the root cause of the problem.

I hate it that most research these days is to find more profitable drugs or to prop up crumbling dogma, instead of improving the overall health of the nation.

I hate it that my parents think doctors are infallible.

I hate it that my Mom won't look into gluten sensitivity when she has had lifetime serious GI problems.

I hate it that my Dad won't even consider looking into any other treatment methods (and isn't really following the one he's on), and I will probably lose him because of it.

I hate it that I can't touchtype but am too lazy to do anything about it.

I hate it that my pre-diabetic mother-in-law was put on a high carb diet by a nutritionist, when she is already having problems controlling her blood sugar and that my mil will probably do it so that she doesn't have to give up bananas, milk and cereal.

I hate it when someone speeds up and passes me on the passing lane and then slows way down.

I hate it when someone claims that someone is deficient in taste, intelligence, or knowledge just because that person doesn't like exactly what they like, be it music, literature, fashion, cars, etc.

I hate it that I used to be that way and missed out on a lot of great music because of it.

I hate that living in the country means crappy produce and sub-par schools.

I hate that I have a hard time doing new things and am probably holding back my kids.

I really hate that this is the first nice week in a long time and I've either been sick or at work.

I hate that my truck is dirty (actually filthy is more like it) right now and I haven't had the time to wash it.

I hate it that there are a lot of people that are offended at the drop of the hat and their "offended-ness" is somehow more important than other's opinions or rights.

I hate it that the Chiefs are doing absolutely nothing in free agency and it's a whole month 'til the draft.

I hate it when people spell the abbreviation of "until" as "till". :)

Wow, this is fun. I could do this all day.

Guest nini

I hate that I'm going to have to find a new job because my boss can't keep my appointment book filled and can't even PAY ME for the hours I've worked :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

WHAT???? CAN'T KEEP YOUR APT BOOK FULL AND YET....CAN'T PAY YOU FOR THE HRS YOU HAVE WORKED?????? :blink::ph34r::o:unsure:

If your book was full of apts how'd he plan the pay for those hours??

When did you find this out, just today.

God you don't need this on top of everything else...Hugs to you from me.

vent if you need.

didn't you work a PT thearpist in a chiro office or do i have you mixed up with someone else.

I care about you, Nisla

Judy in Philly

jerseyangel Proficient
I hate that I'm going to have to find a new job because my boss can't keep my appointment book filled and can't even PAY ME for the hours I've worked :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Nini--I'm so sorry--that is terrible! :(

Guest nini

Judy, yeah I work part time for a chiropractor, and I've been there 5 years. Up until about 4 months ago he was able to keep my appointments filled and I was averaging about $600 a week (part time)... which was awesome... it's been declining over the past four months down to about $400 a week... this past week was pitiful and was barely even $300 and he didn't even tell me until I was getting my time sheet together to get my paycheck today that he didn't have enough money to even pay me that. He gave me less than half of that in a check and $30 in cash... AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH... Things have already been tight because hubby's been out of work since November... doing reselling on E-bay, and bringing in some income, but not a salary... but as long as I was getting paid I was ok...

thank you too Patti... I'm just really po'ed right now.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Things have already been tight because hubby's been out of work since November... doing reselling on E-bay, and bringing in some income, but not a salary... but as long as I was getting paid I was ok...

/quote]

so sorry Nini

you know have you thought of taking things to a auction to sell. Friends of mine have been doing that.

i buy on ebay but selling seems so much work.

so doesn this mean that as of today you are OUT OF WORK ??

THAT REALLY IS HORRID.

DID YOU LIKE THE CHIRO DR BEFORE THIS???

jUDY

Guest nini

technically I'm still employed there, but if this is going to become a pattern with my boss (which it looks like it is) I am going to have to find something else. My husband thinks that if he doesn't pay me the rest of what he owes me before Monday that I shouldn't go back in on Monday... I'm still trying to decide what to do. I love him (the chiro Dr.) as a person, but as an employer he sucks. I've given him 5 years of my professional life and really have nothing to show for it. No benefits, No savings, No improvement in financial status, No clientel that is mine to follow me if and when I leave, I will have to start over from scratch. I'm really confused as to WHAT to do at this point. I don't want to have to find another job, but I can't go on like this. It's not working for me.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
I love him (the chiro Dr.) as a person, but as an employer he sucks. I've given him 5 years of my professional life and really have nothing to show for it. No benefits, No savings, No improvement in financial status, i'VE HEARD THIS FROM SO MANY PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR CHIRO'S THEY LOVE THEM BUT HARD TO WORK FOR NO BENEFITS ETC.

No clientel that is mine to follow me if and when I leave, I will have to start over from scratch.

BUMMER---

WISH YOU COULD GO DOWN AND OPEN A PRACTICE WITH ALL LYNNE'S EQUIP..SHE HAS TO SELL IT. DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND IT IS BUT....

I'm really confused as to WHAT to do at this point. I don't want to have to find another job, but I can't go on like this. It's not working for me.

fINDING ANOTHER JOB IS SO DANG STRESSFUL. THINK YOU SAID YOU HUBBY WAS UNEMPLOYED AT THIS TIME..YOU DEAR SOUL...WELL YOU MENTIONED EBAY...SPRING IS COMING AND I LOVE GARAGE SALES WHEN I CAN WALK :lol: WHICH IS ANOTHER STORY..USING A CANE AGAIN TODAY.

HUGS AND LOVE

JUDY

Guest nini

yep, hubby's trying to find a job too.

I HATE HATE HATE that my boss has put me in this position. I hate it. I'm so mad and frustrated and stressed out and

I hate it that the fibromyalgia is acting up again and I may have to consider giving up doing massage and just finding a 9-5 job somewhere... I really hate this.

Guest BERNESES

Nini- i just wanted to say that i'm sorry about this -it STINKS (like bad pooop). I've seen this happen with some of the start-up computer companies my friend's have worked for. LAME. and with the additional stress of hubby being out of work, I can't imagine.

(((Hugs))), Beverly

PS What kind of degree did you have to get to be an assistant to a chiro? Could you use it to be a PT assistant at a hospital or a clinic or are those two mutually exclusive? Just trying to brainstorm for you.

Guest nini
PS What kind of degree did you have to get to be an assistant to a chiro? Could you use it to be a PT assistant at a hospital or a clinic or are those two mutually exclusive? Just trying to brainstorm for you.

I am a licensed massage therapist... I went to massage school and have learned how to be a CA (Chiro Assistant) on the job...

2tired Apprentice
It's too hard to explain. I'm 28 and too old to truely *understand* from the 'experienced it' sense, myself. :-) I do know enough to know it's not worth understanding. :-P (Then again, I had just started getting into the new-age yoga-hippie crowd before moving, so my judgement may be suspect. :-D)

Can I get in on this whole hate thing?

I hate that Celiac was ever created.

I hate that I cannot go out to eat like normal people.

I hate that there is not a good health food store where I live.

I hate that I do not know how to cook.

I hate that I cannot have the foods back that I like to eat.

I hate that I spend all of my time in the grocery store reading labels.

I hate eating the same foods all of the time.

I hate that I have been suffering from treatment resistant depression for 35 yrs.

I hate that this disease controls your lives.

I hate that some family members think that cheating won't kill you. They say it didn't hurt you before you found out about it so why should it matter now.

I hate the cravings that I am having that I cannot fix,

I JUST HATE!!!

bklyn Enthusiast

Nini,

Sorry to go off topic, I know you are having personal problems, but I'm wondering about Chiropractors. What exactly are they used for? Do you believe they get results?

Again, sorry you are having work problems.

debmidge Rising Star

Nisla,

sorry your work situation is souring, it's not a good scene to be in. I don't know anything about your area of work so I can even suggest something that you can jump into with your background. What about at a physical therapy center? I'm sure you've thought of this too....

D.

Archived