This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Gums and Giggles sure has grown up fast......and what did you to her pretty smile, eyes, nose and hair?!?! :blink:

:lol::lol::lol: yes, everyone thinks their own baby is the prettiest, but Cecile, come on, you've got to admit, she really does look like a flightless bird who walks - - um, UPRIGHT

:lol::lol:

No!! Leave them there for at least ten minutes while you enjoy a tea and some social time with your buddies!! Then tell your kids how well they hid! You get some quiet time, they get to think you can't find them! It's a win-win situation!! :lol: Yell out once in a while, where are you? :rolleyes:

Excellent :lol::lol:

That must be why I only remember playing hide and seek with Dad.....you would never get up to find us.

.....and I just love the mother/daughter thing online here and now we are really seeing the TRUE family dysfunction coming out, aren't we..... ;):lol::lol: you poor child..... :lol:

and let me tell you how powerful I am and what a smarty-smart I feel like, beign able to quote multiple things.....thank you Village Idiot..... :P

Andrea -- could it be one of Cissie's cud'n Lula's dangling nerves......

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
.....and I just love the mother/daughter thing online here and now we are really seeing the TRUE family dysfunction coming out, aren't we..... ;):lol::lol: you poor child..... :lol:

Yea, Morgan and I have a unique mother/daughter relationship. We lived in a 500 sq. ft. apt. together, without a working shower (YMCA daily!! <_< ) for 4 months!! :P My dysfunctional mother/daughter relationship is with my mother, not my daughter! :blink::D

morganb Newbie

dysfunctional :unsure: ....maybe. Although Mom probably thinks it was very functional since she got some extra work done IN THE QUIET without kids!!!! We were all hiding.

I'm just kidding :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Celia--I came on, was catching up and thought--oh Celia has a new picture up. I hit "refresh" expecting you and got the bird!!! I cracked up--all alone in the room here :lol:

What a week for Morgan to start in the beauty salon--Nikki is about to go on vacation and now Celia needing the trim and ribbons. :D

By the way--welcome Morgan! I have answered posts for your sister Chloe :)

AndreaB Contributor

Just got an email from my SIL....photos of her new puppy....german shepard. She's so cute!

They are having a mini family reunion in October and it looks like we will be the only ones not there. :( Mitch's mom is even flying out to Missouri for it. She and Mitch's brother and wife live in PA, one sister and husband are in MA, another sister in CO and the one whose house it will be at (and her husband) are in MO (is that Missouri?). Of course, no one else is gluten free either. Mitch already has to take 3 days without pay for his procedure next month, we certainly can't afford the trip for all of us to go (even without that). The price we pay for me staying home....but well worth the sacrifice.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
dysfunctional :unsure: ....maybe. Although Mom probably thinks it was very functional since she got some extra work done IN THE QUIET!!!!

I do hope you know I was kidding about the dysfuntional part!! we can see that you two are fond of each other...I'm just extra goofy today....don't expect a serious post from me - - maybe I should just STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER and finish my projects...... :o:lol: if you don't see me it's because I am on a roll.....must.....keep......at it.....................

morganb Newbie
Yea, Morgan and I have a unique mother/daughter relationship. We lived in a 500 sq. ft. apt. together, without a working shower (YMCA daily!! <_< ) for 4 months!! :P My dysfunctional mother/daughter relationship is with my mother, not my daughter! :blink::D

:lol::rolleyes::D lol...yep

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
dysfunctional :unsure: ....maybe. Although Mom probably thinks it was very functional since she got some extra work done IN THE QUIET without kids!!!! We were all hiding.

Like I really did that ...

jerseyangel Proficient

Susan--Don't you dare stay away--come back on your breaks!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
They are having a mini family reunion in October and it looks like we will be the only ones not there. :( The price we pay for me staying home....but well worth the sacrifice.

Andrea :( Yes, the price you pay....but as you know there is great benefit to that price. I am sorry you can't go, though...

CarlaB Enthusiast
I do hope you know I was kidding about the dysfuntional part!! we can see that you two are fond of each other...I'm just extra goofy today....don't expect a serious post from me - - maybe I should just STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER and finish my projects...... :o:lol: if you don't see me it's because I am on a roll.....must.....keep......at it.....................

I knew you were kidding, but I can't say whether we're functional or dysfunctional ... it's hard to say sometimes ... type away, we need your humor ... where'd you go!?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susan--Don't you dare stay away--come back on your breaks!

what do you think I do all day long on teh days I'm home..... :ph34r: the computer screams at me from the corner of the room.....and the vortex.....so strong.... :o

AndreaB Contributor

:lol::lol::lol:

Where'd Rachel go. She was typing up something before and she disappeared. Must be a really long reply......

If got to go eat and get Seth his dinner. You all behave yourselves while I'm gone, you hear! :P

if you don't see me it's because I am on a roll.....must.....keep......at it.....................

Come up for air once in a while.....we miss you. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Momma hen's gone, time to get in trouble! Where's Karen? Dave? :lol::lol: Full moon, Karen's in a straight jacket, forgot.

morganb Newbie
What a week for Morgan to start in the beauty salon--Nikki is about to go on vacation and now Celia needing the trim and ribbons. :D

By the way--welcome Morgan! I have answered posts for your sister Chloe :)

Hello...ah yeah, she likes to get on here and ask questions :)

Oh I figured that you were kidding....I was too. We are actually a functional family :D

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oh yea, Chloe was wondering if Airheads were gluten-free. Anyone know? They have modified starch in them ... she can't get online because the family computer is not hooked up right now.

miamia Rookie
I was tough. :rolleyes:

Chocolate Haagen Dazs sorbet!!! :P

it has traces of dairy in it- I used to love it though

CarlaB Enthusiast
it has traces of dairy in it- I used to love it though

Yea, it does say that. It doesn't seem to give me a problem. I figured it was a CYA statement, but I'll have to watch. Oh, no, then what chocolate will I be able to eat!! :o

Guest Robbin

Omg, I was going to say the exact same thing :D lol. Wow, lots to catch up on-Welcome Newbies!! Our town is growing by leaps and bounds.

Vincent-so glad the test was ok. Let's keep you ticking !!

Andrea, when does school start for your home school? Do you have to have a log-book, a year's worth of work in a scrapbook, and a end of the year evaluation by a certified teacher like thay do in PA? That was a pain when my oldest was home schooled.

Got to do some mom bragging here! My ds, Z has been accepted into the honors algebra program!! He is in 7th and this is a high school course! Only a few 7th graders get in! We are so happy for him, since he has been on pins and needles all summer waiting for the news. Ok, done bragging :) .

Hey Dingo!! That is great news-no re-painting!! btw-how are the girls doing on the Bil-jack dog food?

What? No Village Idiot tonight?! Maybe he is sick of R'ville already, lol.

Rachel-loved your post and it was well-said. I love it here too and if I have offended anyone by any of my posts-I am sorry. :blink: Andrea, thank you as well for the fine mothering you do here and at your "other" place. I don't know how you do it, girlfriend. :)

I am going at 5 am for a long weekend to an exotic locale-Ohio, lol. I know some of you are from Ohio and I was raised there. Visiting my oldest son and getting him ready to go BACK TO COLLEGE -Yay!! He is glad to go back.

Gotta go, will miss you guys. Pray we get there and back in one piece--Dh is driving, omgosh, if you are on the PA turnpike in the morning beware of goofball driving, lol. See you on Monday, or maybe I can check in on youse guys at the hotel.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Morgan, Chloe and I are in the Cincy metropolitan area -- Ohio for those not in the US. It can be exotic ... um, don't you think? I mean, King's Island has an eiffel tower and a water fountain ... that's exotic, isn't it?

BTW, It's HOT here!!

Guest BERNESES

THE OSTRICH IS KILLING ME :D:D:D:D

You are gorgeous, but I do think some lipstick might soften your lips a bit.

Full moon- I'm going into my padded room for the rest of the night!

Carla- maybe your dad and my dad could hang out and scout the outskirts of rachelville for companions. Susan- that makes you my sister now!!!!!! Wwelcome top the family oohh... the stories I shall tell you someday. :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor
Momma hen's gone, time to get in trouble! Where's Karen? Dave? :lol::lol: Full moon, Karen's in a straight jacket, forgot.

IIII'mmmmmmmm baaacccckkkkk. :P

Andrea, when does school start for your home school? Do you have to have a log-book, a year's worth of work in a scrapbook, and a end of the year evaluation by a certified teacher like thay do in PA? That was a pain when my oldest was home schooled.

Got to do some mom bragging here! My ds, Z has been accepted into the honors algebra program!! He is in 7th and this is a high school course! Only a few 7th graders get in! We are so happy for him, since he has been on pins and needles all summer waiting for the news. Ok, done bragging :) .

I think I slated the 4th for start date. I'm going to log everything but by law she doesn't have to start til next year. 8 is the required start by date here. I don't remember if they evaluate every year but they do require the standardized tests. I'll have to find that website again. I copied over state laws before computer crash so I'll see if those documents list the website.

Congrats for your son.

Have a fun and safe trip. We'll miss you and look forward to your trip update when you get back...unless you can crash in here before that. :D

Andrea.. a new Rachelville word...presidentness... how is our town list lately? :ph34r::lol:

Didn't you see it earlier? I will be sure to add presidentness. What happened to her presidentness's post. She was writing about 1 1/2 - 2 hours ago and nothing's here.

I was thinking maybe a peach color, what do you think?

Peach is good. How 'bout navy blue for the ribbon....then you'd have our wedding colors. Mitch always refers to them and peaches and blueberries. Baby alert....he got the cardboard cover that was blocking the front of the computer. It has a pretty green light that little fingers like to touch. :ph34r:

Where is everyone?

Cecile,

You asked, I delivered. :P

Rachelville Vocabulary Update:

1. Relevation

2. Spinach/Spinached/Spinaching

3. Good Googly Moogly

4. Scientificness

5. Wordage

6. Pulled a Dave/”Dave”

7. Cruelage

8. Presidentness

Dave, I see you. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Drive-by post:

It's 12:11 here and I haven't had any chocolate today either! :P No plums either.

Donna Yay...plums too! You GO girl.

Ummm...before I sing your praises did you actually make it the whole day yesterday? I can only recall two drive-bys and they were both pretty early in the day...wait...I think there may have been other drive-bys but no more mention of chocolate. :unsure:

OMG I just did multiple quotes that I learned from our shirtless Idiot......

:lol:

Ok...nearly every one of us (including myself) has learned how to do this from our Village Idiot.

Yes, I had to ask him to explain this to me. Me...who has been on here for a year...asking the "The Dave"(who was not shirtless at the time) to teach me.... :ph34r:

And we are calling him the Idiot???...hmmm. <_<:ph34r:

Have to say, this new method is soooo much better...wont be needing post-its now either.

Rachel--I have to agree with Andrea. Actually, I was thinking the same thing last night. Judging by your posts, you do seem to be more upbeat and I might even say sparkling! Seriously, I have noticed a positive change. I never used to hear you talk much about your off-line social life, and even that lately has looked like you're out and having fun. This is so good to see and I hope that this observation is right :D

Frankly thats because I havent had a social life since I got sick. But yes...it has been picking up a little. I'm not so afraid of the big bad gluten filled world anymore. Still cant eat anywhere though due to all the sensitivities...this is probably the biggest bummer of all since its hard to plan things when there are food issues to deal with. Other than that I feel pretty good alot of the time. :D

Thanks for your post.....its so great when other people say they notice a positive change. It helps to know I'm doing something right....even if I'm not quite sure what it is half the time. :lol: At least I'm going in the right direction. :)

here's something funny, Rachel and I once had a cat fight on another thread about Brangelina :ph34r::o She has had the grace to forgive me and allow me into R-ville....I was still out of my mind during that time, still drinking my wine and hanging out with you-know-who....and she was poisoned by many contaminants....we are all better now.... :)

:lol:

Yes, we are all better now. :)

I found the thread....here is me happily discussing Angelina...(whom I adore)

Yeah...she does have something about her that makes her very attractive. I dont think its just her looks...there are plenty of good looking women in hollywood but she stands out. I think its her independance, strength, intelligence, and confidence. She definately not the "needy" type and that in itself is pretty damn attractive.

When all of a sudden...out of nowhere comes this... :blink:

BTW, I think Angelina's crazy and needs lots and lots of attention.

and this.....

Seeking attention, once again. Angelina is proudly crazy - - what's so noble about that?

there is no stopping her (where were the dingos?).....

Angelina came in as a viper and used her unabashedly smoldering sexuality to steal Brad.

Enough said, a few more tattoos and they'll be history.

Ahhh....the effects of the wine are wearing off....or possibly a glutening that day???

I just re-read this post, had a glass of wine before logging on, I think I sound angry.... Why is it that Angelina provokes that reaction in me?

I'm a little stunned by the Dingogirl and her apparant dislike of Angelina (who'm I'm quite fond of)....

And...I was just about to ask..."where is all this animosity coming from?" :blink:

One last jab at Angelina....a little calmer now...the Dingogirl is settling down....sort of...

BUT I CAN HATE ANGELINA for the fact that she looked really gorgeous during her pregnancy and didn't seem to gain weight anywhere but her belly!

THE END~~~

OK...so I manipulated the posts just a wee bit to make it more tabloid worthy....but still....it was shocking to me at the time. :o

We are all better now.....

Why arent my quotes quoted??? Where is the problem...I dont see it???? :(

Need help...

See what happens when we do multiple posts....there are glitches to deal with....too many emoticons....quotes are not quoted...blah blah blah... :angry:

AndreaB Contributor

Don't know Rachel. Maybe the Dave can help.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Me too! :ph34r:

My dad is so cute- he's a very handsome, well-kempt 76 year old Irish gentleman who STILL, even though they are 36 and 38 years old, treats his daughters like princesses. He brought me flowers today after my testing yesterday. He's been lonely since my mom passed away 3 years ago tho. :(

Beverly,

Your Dad sounds like the cutest, sweetest man a girl could be lucky enough to call Dad. :)

I do remember the Brangelina bru-ha-ha between you and Rachel. Both of you handled the difference of opinion like the ladies that you both are. :D

:D

We are all better now.

GUESS WHAT - - PAINT ALERT - -

OMG my mom was just here and two highly astute artist friends - I had decided their answers were the FINAL ANSWER. And gues what - - - - they went CRAZY over the paint color, said it was the richest, deep cream, like creamy milk (sorry - dairy reference :ph34r: ) with a bit of coffee - - NOT FLESH TONE - - said I'd be lunatic to paint it again - - - in fact FORBADE me to paint it -I am SO Relieved!!!!

Awesome Susan....

Does this mean no more paint posts??

I was getting blinded by your artisticness..... :lol:

Good googly moogly what did I say now? :ph34r:

Celia, you could never say anything even remotely offensive. :)

JoshuaN... I seeeee you... I know you're new and this thread is a bit intimidating, but we really are harmless You can join in.

:lol::lol:

He ran for the hills.....never to be seen in these areas again.

ha ha Cecile, do you think...when hapless visitors come to our thread, that they start waaaaaaaaaaay back at the beginning, or go to the end? oh God help them if they start at the end.....

Haha....I think about this too...I wonder if anyone here has read this thread in its entirety (other than me who cant remember past the page we are currently on).

Celia....I saw your post

<------------I cant do anything with my hair today

I was wondering what was wrong with this precious baby"s hair??? Was wondering if you were on some gluten maybe. :blink:

Then I hit F5...

ROFLMAO!!!!

Archived