This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast

Beverly and Karen, sorry you're feeling crummy.

Vincent, my sister knows ASL. She's taught it to her son from the day he was born, so it's primary language for him. When at a dinner table or somewhere else where you don't really want to discipline, she starts using it with him. Neither of them are hearing impaired. It's kind of funny, she starts flipping her hands around a bit, then he looks guilty and is quiet! :D Very cute.

Rachel.... by the way.... have I told you how attractive you and your alien are lately? :ph34r:

Uh, huh, feeding our geese gluten ... comments like this ... we're going to need a picture minus the glasses and WE'VE GOT OUR EYES ON YOU!!!!! :D I think you might not be such the idiot you're trying to act like!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
Uh, huh, feeding our geese gluten ... comments like this ... we're going to need a picture minus the glasses and WE'VE GOT OUR EYES ON YOU!!!!! :D

I was going to comment on this, then decided not to, but you've said it well. :lol:

Bev, I also found this:

Neutrophil

Neutrophils are Leukocytes (white blood cells) of the Polymorphonuclear Leukocyte subgroup.

Neutrophils form a primary defense against bacterial infection. Like all the cells of the immune system , neutrophils are produced in the bone marrow and circulate in the bloodstream. However, neutrophils move out of blood vessels into infected tissue in order to attack the foreign substance ( allergen , bacteria, etc.). Normally a serious bacterial infection causes the body to produce an increased number of neutrophils, resulting in a higher than normal WBC count . Neutrophils perform their function partially through phagocytosis, a process by which they "eat" other cells and foreign substances. The pus in a boil (abscess) is made up mostly of neutrophils.

CarlaB Enthusiast
OK- I shall refrain from any more innuendoes as the geese have put their (webbed?) feet down. :ph34r: My apologies (altough I didn't know about the float????).

I missed this one ... I thought we just had a car that had to do with candy.

I was going to comment on this, then decided not to, but you've said it well. :lol:

I wondered if the comment went unnoticed by everyone but me! :rolleyes: We're on to you, Dave!!! :D Better be on your best behavior!

dlp252 Apprentice
I wondered if the comment went unnoticed by everyone but me! :rolleyes: We're on to you, Dave!!! :D Better be on your best behavior!

Nope, I was all over it like white on rice, lol. Just decided it was best not to write what I had typed out, lol. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
I have no idea what your asking? :huh: And I dunno why ppl think I am the computer tech, the ONLY title I accepted was "Offical Rule Breaker". I think "town hero" and "computer tech" are someone trying to be funny. :D D Im certinly no hero thats for sure! :lol::lol:

I think its because you seem to know an awful lot about everything Vincent :lol:

Good morning Rachelville!

Rachel- So sorry about your accident, glad you are ok and in one piece. I have been in a couple of accidents and I agree with Patti they really shake you up, even minor ones.

Hi "The Dave" :) I love Will Ferrell!

Robbin- Speaking of avoiding accidents and excellent driving :lol: good luck on your trip, take deep breaths, stay safe...where are you going again??

Karen- So sorry you were having a bad night, big hug to you. It's so not fair! Hope you have a better day today.

Armetta- You too, I hope today is a better day for you :)

Beverly- When it rains it pours, you are due a break! Hope you get the fridge situation worked out and everything falls in line with your health, it can only go up from here! I love the picture of you and your Dad, he is precious :)

Andrea- Love your new family picture, minus Seth of course. You have such beautiful children, and it's good to finally see Mitch, to put a face to the name we hear so many good things about.

Celia- When I first saw your new picture I almost died laughing, all by myself, looking like an idiot here. I LOVE her (or is it a him) :lol: She/He has to be our mascot or something. What is that an emu, or an ostrich? Look at that face!

Cissie- Good to see you back in fine form as Minister of Defense, enforcing the rules, cracking the whip. Keeping all in line :lol:

Evie- So good to hear from you too, hope you are feeling well :) Your garden sounds wonderful, nothing like home grown vegetables.

Donna- You and your drive by posts kill me :lol: Lets see, what all are you eating se we can pinpoint these itching spells?

Carla and Morgan- the dynamic duo, the "B" girls :lol: You have such a sweet mother daughter relationship. Morgan, you are just fitting in so nicely here! I love your hair, you must tell me what you use on it?

Rinne- When I think of you, I think of.......Mary Poppins!!!! Everything you talk about is so enchanting, magical. The ordinary made extraordinary with a spoon full of sugar!!! Where you live, what you do day to day, the stories you tell. The cafe/diner/restaurant sounds lovely.

Susie- How is your stomach? How are the glorious dingo girls? Glad the paint color turned out ok afterall :)

Hi Ryan and Picard!

mouse Enthusiast

I saw the comment as soon as I came to Rachelville. Carla said it all (mostly). This will be interesting to watch - he he. No other comment. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I saw the comment as soon as I came to Rachelville. Carla said it all (mostly). This will be interesting to watch - he he. No other comment. :)

:lol::lol::lol: mostly ... :lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast

Wait, what am I mising? What comment, I'm confused.

Also, I still don't know what a premature post is :lol::lol:

Beverly, I think all those numbers have to do with your immune system. A low white blood cell count can be the result of an infection.

Some scientificness:

White Blood Cell (WBC, White Blood Cells)

A blood cell that does not contain hemoglobin: a blood corpuscle responsible for maintaining the body's immune surveillance system against invasion by foreign substances such as viruses or bacteria. White cells become specifically programmed against foreign invaders and work to inactivate and rid the body of a foreign substance. White blood cells are composed primarily of neutrophils, monocytes and lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are either T-cells or B-cells. T-cells (CD3 cells) are divided into T-helper (CD4 cells) and T-suppressor/cytotoxic (CD8 cells) cells.

EDIT* I see Donna already filled you in on the scientificness :D

CarlaB Enthusiast
Morgan, you are just fitting in so nicely here! I love your hair, you must tell me what you use on it?

:lol::lol::lol: I hate her ( :wub:) ... her hair just looks that way!!! She works in a beauty salon, some days puts her hair up, wears it all day, sleeps on it, rolls out of bed, then goes to work without even brushing it or taking it down and putting it up again! It simply looks like that!! She's impossible to live with. I have this ornery, frizzy hair ... She uses SUAVE!!!! Or whatever else I can buy her for 99 cents a bottle ... six kids, remember??

Morgan, don't let my answer stop you from answering ... :rolleyes:

PS Some lucky kid has a Morgan wig. She donated 15 inches to locks of love a few years back.

dlp252 Apprentice
Lets see, what all are you eating se we can pinpoint these itching spells?

Probably all the wrong things, lol.

For breakfast: Lundberg Rice Cake (with sea salt) w/nut butter (currently cashew butter--I think for the last 3 days, hummm, but I switch--sometimes peanut, sometimes cashew, sometimes almond and sometimes hazelnut) and all fruit spread (currently switching between wild blueberry and apricot).

For lunch: currently chicken thigh (I know, but it's so hard to bring meats to work, chicken or ground meat is the only thing that doesn't taste like shoe leather rewarmed in the micro), and veggies (organic frozen, mostly a blend of cauliflower, carrots, a little broccoli and a little zucchini, but today I'm having green beans) and an apple. (I split this "lunch" and have half at 8:00 a.m. and the other half at 11:30 a.m.).

Dinner: some sort of meat (usually beef, pork or turkey), and sometimes a veggie, and recently (like for two weeks) a corn tortilla (only ingredients are corn, water and a little lime), and sorbet (homemade, from frozen fruit--either mango or blueberries--organic with a little water and agave nectar).

Snack: repeat, usually, of breakfast, but sometimes nuts.

Up until a couple of weeks ago I ate mostly ground meat for lunch...either beef, buffalo, turkey or pork. I switched to chicken because most the histamine lists I saw said no ground meats. :(

Up until 2 days ago I was eating a lot of chocolate (like 6-8 Hershey's kisses, or Gluten-free Casein-free chocolate).

I have to say that the itching I've had in the last couple of months has been the worst I've ever had in my life...I've had problems with the legs itching for most of my adult life, but never this bad. I also had a period of a few years (like 4 or so) where I didn't notice it at all...so I've been trying to rack my brain to figure out what was different then. Could be because I was so sick with sinus infections, etc. that my doctor kept prescribing antibiotics and prednisone...maybe the frequent use of prednisone helped it not itch. :( Prednisone = vile nasty disgusting. <_< It doesn't look like the pictures of DH that I've seen, so I don't think it's that, and besides, wouldn't that be getting better now that I'm being so careful about gluten? :(

I just don't know...my appointment with the dermatologist is tomorrow afternoon, so maybe she can shed some light.

EDIT* I see Donna already filled you in on the scientificness :D

The comment is from our shirtless village (idiot, lol) TheDave a few pages back...I believe it was quoted by Carla on the page right before this one...

Premature post = what you did before you saw that I posted scientificness stuff, lol. (i.e., not reading all the posts before replying to one)

Green12 Enthusiast

This is what stood out to me:

__________________________________________________________________________________

For breakfast: Lundberg Rice Cake (with sea salt) w/nut butter (currently cashew butter--I think for the last 3 days, hummm, but I switch--sometimes peanut, sometimes cashew, sometimes almond and sometimes hazelnut) and all fruit spread (currently switching between wild blueberry and apricot).

For lunch: currently chicken thigh (I know, but it's so hard to bring meats to work, chicken or ground meat is the only thing that doesn't taste like shoe leather rewarmed in the micro), and veggies (organic frozen, mostly a blend of cauliflower, carrots, a little broccoli and a little zucchini, but today I'm having green beans) and an apple. (I split this "lunch" and have half at 8:00 a.m. and the other half at 11:30 a.m.).

Dinner: some sort of meat (usually beef, pork or turkey), and sometimes a veggie, and recently (like for two weeks) a corn tortilla (only ingredients are corn, water and a little lime), and sorbet (homemade, from frozen fruit--either mango or blueberries--organic with a little water and agave nectar).

Snack: repeat, usually, of breakfast, but sometimes nuts.

Up until a couple of weeks ago I ate mostly ground meat for lunch...either beef, buffalo, turkey or pork. I switched to chicken because most the histamine lists I saw said no ground meats. :(

Up until 2 days ago I was eating a lot of chocolate (like 6-8 Hershey's kisses, or Gluten-free Casein-free chocolate).

__________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for filling me in on the comment and premature post :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I hate her ( :wub:) ... her hair just looks that way!!! She works in a beauty salon, some days puts her hair up, wears it all day, sleeps on it, rolls out of bed, then goes to work without even brushing it or taking it down and putting it up again! It simply looks like that!! She's impossible to live with. I have this ornery, frizzy hair ... She uses SUAVE!!!! Or whatever else I can buy her for 99 cents a bottle ... six kids, remember??

PS Some lucky kid has a Morgan wig. She donated 15 inches to locks of love a few years back.

How lucky she is! I still have not found a hairstylist that can work with mine, and I certainly don't know what to do with it :lol:

We knew we loved Morgan, that was so wonderful of her to donate her hair to, is it Locks for Love?? Something like that...

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks Julie, and you're welcome, lol. It won't be too hard to leave out the peanut butter and apricot spread (that's a new addition anyway)...it's the chocolate I'll need intervention for. :lol: Hey, it's 8:43 a.m. here and STILL no chocolate. :P

Green12 Enthusiast
Thanks Julie, and you're welcome, lol. It won't be too hard to leave out the peanut butter and apricot spread (that's a new addition anyway)...it's the chocolate I'll need intervention for. :lol: Hey, it's 8:43 a.m. here and STILL no chocolate. :P

Just try those eliminations for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Just a thought, sometimes jellies/jams/fruit preserves contain grape juice concentrate, might be a problem. The chocolate, I agree, will be hard, and I imagine it will take a while to get out of your system and over the addiction. I think the chocolate is a double/tripple whammy with the chocolate histamine factor, the sugar's affect on adrenaline, and then the dairy in it (for those who can't tolerate dairy). I notice a night and day difference not having sugar as well as eating the low histamine foods.

About the meats, I have been eating some ground meats. I cook it and freeze it right away in individual portions. I know it isn't ideal for a low histamine diet, but it's what I have to do.

Good luck with your appt. at the dermatologist :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Interesting drive-by-factoid...when this thread started I was 50...I'm 51 now. :lol::lol::lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Hi all!

Patti,

I put up the older picture so you guys could see Mitch....as much as I love the littlest member of the family. We get family pics taken every year. Mitch wanted to stop but since we aren't doing regular school I said we had to keep doing them, they could be like school pictures.

Julie,

Glad to see you and that you sound well. You have beautiful hair too. Guess it's not wash and wear like Morgan's is though. We always like reading about your research too.

Rinne,

Hope you get over your headache quickly. Those are never fun. I agree with I forget who :P as far as your postings.

Ryan and Picard,

Hello and hope you guys have time to catch up later.

Carla and Morgan,

I like having both of you to contribute to our community. Yes, Morgan does have beautiful hair. I had a friend once whose daughter was told that all the time. She cut her hair off, dyed in funky colors etc. She didn't want to be know for her hair. Morgan, please don't do that. We love you too, not just your hair. :)

Robbin,

Hope the trip goes well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Armetta and Evie,

Hope all is well with you two. Armetta I hope you're feeling better today. Evie, your garden sounds great!

Cissie,

Hope you feel better today. Glad to see the geese back on patrol. :P

Dave,

Yah, work gets in the way of life here doesn't it. :P

Rachel,

I'm glad you are ok accident wise. Hope your tummy feels better today.

Cecile,

How's our newscaster today? I'll be all by myself tonight :( Mitch'll be down south. At least he should be home early tomorrow. He hasn't even seen Micah and Seth this week since he's been home so late. Hasn't had computer time either so I'll probably have to share more than usual this weekend. :)

Bev,

That's awful about your fridge. Ours went out a few months back. Fortunately our landlord was able to get it replaced within 3 or 4 days. We also have a freezer (of our own) so we could transfer frozen foods over which helped. I sure hope you gets some answers as to your blood work and illness.

Susan,

That's great news about the painting. Don't remember if I commented on that before. Please keep us updated. I know I requested pictures. Seems like I always do. I'm still waiting for Cecile to get an update on gums and giggles, they change so quickly at that age.

And yes, I noticed said comment to......

I sure hope I didn't miss anyone.......if so I'm sorry. I'm out of here for awhile....be good, oh that's right...Dave is at work so we won't have any instigators. :P You know we love you Dave.....just having fun. :)

rinne Apprentice
Neutrophils form a primary defense against bacterial infection. Like all the cells of the immune system, neutrophils are produced in the bone marrow and circulate in the bloodstream. However, neutrophils move out of blood vessels into infected tissue in order to attack the foreign substance ( allergen , bacteria, etc.). Normally a serious bacterial infection causes the body to produce an increased number of neutrophils, resulting in a higher than normal WBC count . Neutrophils perform their function partially through phagocytosis, a process by which they "eat" other cells and foreign substances. The pus in a boil (abscess) is made up mostly of neutrophils.

I don't understand this but what jumps out at me is the fact that boils are made up of neutrophils and neutrophils are there to fight infection, what is the infection if someone in every other way appears healthy? In my thirties when I started to get boils I talked to my mother about it and she said that during her thirties she had boils and that my grandmother during her thirties had boils but in both their cases and mine those boils disappeared in our forties. I've also taken large does of garlic when a boil started to appear and had them subside and not come to a head, given that garlic is a natural antibiotic this makes sense. So, most recently I started to have other symptoms that my mother has and what I am seeing is that the Celiac manifests itself in stages, so for me first skin problems, then migraines, then boils, then arthritis......it seems like each manifestation shows the increasing inflammation to the body is the body attempting to communicate with us and each time we only deal with a symptom the problems go deeper. What I am curious about is how the disease morphs so that boils are no longer a problem but something else is.

This is why I keep returning to the histamine issue.

This is such a busy place, I am in awe of those of you who remember everyone's posts.

Julie, that is so sweet of you to say. I loved Mary Poppins. What makes me happiest is to make something beautiful using simple things, oh and it helps to have a carpenter husband. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

morning all......a very sleepy dingo girl here -_- - - up until 4 or 5, holy heck, and there was a SCARY movie, I actually got scared and had to turn down the sound... :o Insomnia.....so just the quickest

HELLO and good morning to all - - - :)

Bev - OMG you have GOT to get better soon! Seattle...wonderful city...am wondering how you will do anything fun while not feeling well... :( But YES, you're my new sister since your dad is my surrogate! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rachel - a car accident - - stress! hope your tummy has settled down.

Rinne - Mary Poppins! yes! magical posts. And, the cafe, wonderful idea.

Cissie - so good to be graced by your sage words. Nice to see you!

Robbin - - are you gone already? GOOD LUCK in your travels!

Dave - sorry - will not intersperse the job titles.... :huh: Y - M - C - A - - chortling, loved it...

Hi Julie!! nice to see you and your adorableness as always....

Andrea - did I tell you, great family photo....

Hello to the gentlemen, thanks for the drive-by's. Always nice to hear from you.

Donna - more itching?? a histamine withdrawal! Eat chocolate! :ph34r: oops did I say that...I'm on three days, no Nuggets....

whom did I forget....hello to everyone and let's hope for well-being for all.

Gotta go give my plasma. Was it Chelsea that said they get $$ for it? nope, no money here or else I"d be doing it eveyr month.

And no, no more paint posts from me.....you don't want to hear about the artistic-ness - it consumes me.... :huh:

gotta go. Good day to all - -

:)

rinne Apprentice

Donna, there is something about cashew butter also and I just don't remember what, sorry. :(

Micro-wave ovens, I haven't used one after reading somethings about them that caused me to question whether or not they are really safe. Apparently they are banned in Switzerland. I do have some information about them if anyone is interested I can post it.

Andrea, I love that you are such a mother hen. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

I don't have any artistic-ness so I love to hear about things like that. Hoping the children take more after there father both with that and handwriting. I unfortunately inherited my mother's awful handwriting. She does have good decorating sense which I didn't inherit either. :P

Donna, there is something about cashew butter also and I just don't remember what, sorry. :(

Micro-wave ovens, I haven't used one after reading somethings about them that caused me to question whether or not they are really safe. Apparently they are banned in Switzerland. I do have some information about them if anyone is interested I can post it.

Andrea, I love that you are such a mother hen. :)

We love cashews....use them in our milk, cheese.

Microwave ovens are bad, bad, bad. I know they change the molecular structure of the foods. Please post, maybe others would be interested. At least it would be more food for thought. :P

I love being mother hen, at least my geese are back to help though. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Rinne,

I would love to read your information on microwave ovens. :)

Thanks!

dlp252 Apprentice

I had a friend who wouldn't use a microwave...she explained once why, but I can't remember...but think it DID have something to do with the changing of the molecules or somethingorother...even then I couldn't retain scientificness. :P

morganb Newbie
Carla and Morgan- the dynamic duo, the "B" girls :lol: You have such a sweet mother daughter relationship. Morgan, you are just fitting in so nicely here! I love your hair, you must tell me what you use on it?

Mom's right, that's basically all I do. I use a little bit of gel, blow dry my roots, and then I also have the bad habit of LOTS of hair spray. I used to be the type of person to wash my hair every single day, but I have recently found (0nce I had to start going to the YMCA to shower) that I get better results when I don't wash my hair everyday. I now wash it about every three days and the hair looks better and healthier. All I do is throw it up before I go to bed and put some more hairspray on it. When I get up, I just look at it and figure out what it wants to do....not what I want it to do <_<

Beverly, I think all those numbers have to do with your immune system. A low white blood cell count can be the result of an infection.

I am lost too :unsure:

The comment is from our shirtless village (idiot, lol) TheDave a few pages back...I believe it was quoted by Carla on the page right before this one...

Premature post = what you did before you saw that I posted scientificness stuff, lol. (i.e., not reading all the posts before replying to one)

Ok I get the premature post now :) but I'm still lost about the Dave.....I've read it, but I think I'm going to have to go back and read it again :huh:

Thanks for filling me in on the comment and premature post :lol:

How lucky she is! I still have not found a hairstylist that can work with mine, and I certainly don't know what to do with it :lol:

We knew we loved Morgan, that was so wonderful of her to donate her hair to, is it Locks for Love?? Something like that...

Yes it was Locks of love :)

Julie,

Glad to see you and that you sound well. You have beautiful hair too. Guess it's not wash and wear like Morgan's is though. We always like reading about your research too.

Carla and Morgan,

I like having both of you to contribute to our community. Yes, Morgan does have beautiful hair. I had a friend once whose daughter was told that all the time. She cut her hair off, dyed in funky colors etc. She didn't want to be know for her hair. Morgan, please don't do that. We love you too, not just your hair. :)

Julie, she's right. Your hair's gorgious too.

Andrea, don't worry I won't do that. Currently I'm still growing my hair out. Although I may have to dye it funky at least once since I'm in college and work in a salon and can get away with that :D . Plus I'd love to come home and see everyone's reaction :P:P

CarlaB Enthusiast
Although I may have to dye it funky at least once since I'm in college and work in a salon and can get away with that :D . Plus I'd love to come home and see everyone's reaction :P:P

I told her I thought she should die the underneath part pink. Temporary color, of course. She not edgy enough to get away with blue or some other really out there color, but pink is still girly, and almost normal. B)

Green12 Enthusiast

I haven't used a microwave in 10 years, I even unplug them if they are on the premises :lol: Would love to hear the info too rinne, as I have forgotten some of the details.

Thanks for the compliments about my hair, I always get a little flustered and self conscious about it :lol: I was teased growing up and I guess you never forget that stuff, you let it go, but it still stays with you a little.

Does anyone remember rat tails? An oh so lovely hair style of the 80s :lol: All my friends had rat tails and had them dyed black or blue. My mom wouldn't let me get one, but she took me to the salon and had them do a strip of pink underneath in the back. I thought I was really cool.

Susie- I love your artisticness, please don't take it away from us :lol: Sorry you had a sleepless night, insomnia is the worst. The scary movie probably didn't help, and were there nuggets invovled?? :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Thanks for the compliments about my hair, I always get a little flustered and self conscious about it :lol: I was teased growing up and I guess you never forget that stuff, you let it go, but it still stays with you a little.

Susie- I love your artisticness, please don't take it away from us :lol: Sorry you had a sleepless night, insomnia is the worst. The scary movie probably didn't help, and were there nuggets invovled?? :lol:

Can't even imagine why you were teased ... hair to full, thick and beautiful????

Love the artisticness, too. Don't deny us, Susan!

Archived