This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

tabasco32 Apprentice

HI rachel,

I know that I need to detox but for some reason charcoal and whey really give me bad abdominal pain. Why would this be? It hurts so bad. Should I take with food instead of without? And with constipation I'm afraid it will stop moving and be stored somewhere else.

I have done everything for constipation and nothing really works. not even enymas, just magnesium citrate. I wont do that again.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tabasco32 Apprentice

Hey

Does anyone have trouble with ground meats like turykey or beef or chicken. I notice I was eating my ground turkey meat that I cooked in a frying pan, no oil just water. Then My guts started to pop and bubble. Is that an intolerance? Is this why I am still losing weight?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
HI rachel,

I know that I need to detox but for some reason charcoal and whey really give me bad abdominal pain. Why would this be? It hurts so bad. Should I take with food instead of without? And with constipation I'm afraid it will stop moving and be stored somewhere else.

Are you sure its the charcoal and whey giving you pain?? Some days you are saying they are ok...and others days that they're causing you pain.

Charcoal should not be taken with food unless you want it to absorb your food instead of the toxins. My Dr. tells me to take it away from food.

You can take the whey with food.

Nothing is working right now because you are very toxic and still have a mouthful of amalgams. Your digestive system is not in great shape and more than likely you have infections....bacteria, parasites, etc. Thats what happens when you become toxic from mercury.

These things are going to cause you some pain and discomfort....thats why its imperative that you find the right Dr. whos knows all of this and can help you to detox SAFELY...and who can treat you for other things that may be going on because of the mercury. Thats the *key* to getting better...finding the right Dr.

Sometimes you are just going to have symptoms no matter what you do...because of the situation you're in. Detox is also not a comfortable thing to go through. :(

Was Scott ever able to get an email through to you?

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

hi all

hi Jin

I'm fine just reading along.

don't have anything to add of importance.

just trying to get my gardening caught up

love catching up on all of you too

hugs judy

AndreaB Contributor
love catching up on all of you too

hugs judy

It's always good to see you Judy!

tom Contributor

Wow slow Sunday in Rachelville! :(

I think I did too much today - not that much by most standards - and am more slow-brained than any time since soy-free except for that 2am insomniac post.

Luckily still felt good at sax-playing time!

:)

Oh, I mentioned something to Pseu-tze that she . . .. .hmm is insisted the right word? . . . . .lets say encouraged me to pass on. <words . . .grrr . .come slooow>

Here we go - some late nights I've read back for grins. And it ranges from amusing to insightful [edit: to heart-wrenching ups & downs and] back to hilarious etc. (Hehe as if I have to tell YOU all) :P:D

But the thing is it feels like someone who didn't start watching Seinfeld until, say, season 7, grew to know and like the characters etc, then started catching the reruns.

Just reading old pages w/out knowing most of the cast would definitely be a lot different and not near as worthwhile.

:):)

Bumped into the birth of the attack geese today! :lol: LOL :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Julie,

I tolerate cheese, but not much else in the dairy department. It is the lactose that aggravates my system. I cannot eat yogurt or pudding, it makes me as sick as gluten. :( I have not tolerated beans as of late. However, the citric acid derived from Aspergillus is a good possibility.

Mold is not my friend by any means! Plus, there is mold all over our house! Lately, it is even in the toilets! We never used to get it in there! WTH? This just started, but the mold in the basement is nothing new. I am so afraid is toxic mold, and making us all sick. We cannot afford to get it tested, though. It is over $600 to test your mold. :unsure:

I am glad you enjoyed my rant on stupid commercials! :) That is what it is for! :lol: It really is rediculous. There is no way a woman came up with that one. I wonder how the woman doing the voice over keeps a straight face while saying that.

Dear tom,

I do tend to cover a ton of things in a single post. If it makes it easier, I can break them up. I know the others probably could use that as well. I think it might make it less confusing that way. I do not mind.

Yes, the food intolerance issues are driving me nuts! I have wondered if it is a delayed reaction to something, as you suggested. It is so hard to say. I need to do a rotation diet to find out. Keeping a food journal should help.

My parents drive me up the wall! I have no freakin' idea what is going on with those people! All I know is, they have got to be completely insane or something! I know menopause does weird stuff to people, but come on! Both of them are lunatics! Schizoid comes to mind!

I am so glad you came across the rant on the Always commercial. :lol: That just had to be the highlight of your day! Men are so squeamish about tampons and stuff. Yet, they talk about their unmentionable body parts every chance they get!

Why is this so? At least, that has been my unfortunate experience. :blink:

Yes, those attack geese are really something! You must be careful! Make sure you have not been around Auxigro! They are slowly recovering. Now they are even more protective than ever!

Dear Judy,

I am glad you are makin' er. I was wondering how you have been. You always add something valuable when you post. We are all happy that you are reading along. The gardening sounds good! I would not mind doing some of that! :)

I probably will not get to, though. My parents are crazy. Instead of planting beautiful flowers, they want to pour concrete! :huh: Yes, I said concrete! :blink: That is not going to add value or beauty to this property. Not to mention, concrete is a permanent structure, and will increase the property tax. I told them, "Why don't we just build a freakin' parking lot?"

Dear Lisa,

I have not had trouble with ground meat as long as it is not too fattening. Fat makes me really sick if I overdo it. Right now, I think you are reacting badly to everything because you are so toxic. The mercury is making your body sensitive to everything. Once you get those other amalgams out, and can detox, then chelate, I am sure you will be able to tolerate more foods.

Sincerely,

Jin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rinne Apprentice

I think I did too much today - not that much by most standards - and am more slow-brained than any time since soy-free except for that 2am insomniac post.

Luckily still felt good at sax-playing time!

:)

Oh, I mentioned something to Pseu-tze that she . . .. .hmm is insisted the right word? . . . . .lets say encouraged me to pass on. <words . . .grrr . .come slooow>

Here we go - some late nights I've read back for grins. And it ranges from amusing to insightful back to hilarious etc. (Hehe as if I have to tell YOU all) :P:D

But the thing is it feels like someone who didn't start watching Seinfeld until, say, season 7, grew to know and like the characters etc, then started catching the reruns.

Just reading old pages w/out knowing most of the cast would definitely be a lot different and not near as worthwhile.

Bumped into the birth of the attack geese today! :lol: LOL :lol:

Wow. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Yah, it's been pretty quiet this afternoon/evening anyway.

Here we go - some late nights I've read back for grins. And it ranges from amusing to insightful back to hilarious etc. (Hehe as if I have to tell YOU all) :P:D

We had a lot of fun last summer. :D The "cast" is mostly the same, with some additions and subtractions. Floridian cleared all her posts so you miss the fun with her unless it was quoted by someone.

tom Contributor

Hehehe I don't think u need to change your posting style. Seemed to me the audience just doesn't want to see it mushed together into one huMUNGOus paragraph.

And I'm w/ them.

I just get carried away in that I want to start responding to something but that [REPLY] button is sooooooo far away!!! :lol:

Dear tom,

Yes, the food intolerance issues are driving me nuts! I have wondered if it is a delayed reaction to something, as you suggested. It is so hard to say. I need to do a rotation diet to find out. Keeping a food journal should help.

Oh oh Oh Jin - u need a food/symptom journal as much as anyone. I was disheartened to read that u didn't already have one.

<tries to read betw lines>

<fails>

So u already plan to? If convincing is needed I'm sure you'll get ganged up on HARD!

I am so glad you came across the rant on the Always commercial. :lol:

:lol: I'm laughing almost as much at the fact that I would've never even known it was rant-worthy!

My parents are crazy. Instead of planting beautiful flowers, they want to pour concrete! :huh: Yes, I said concrete! :blink:

I cannot get my head around that at all. I think I can usually imagine possible (tho irrational to me) reasons for ppl doing things that seem :wacko: wacko (isn't that part of a 'benefit of the doubt' mentality?) but in this case, I'm ready to give up.

I'll assume there are no plans for a bball court or roller-hockey rink.

tom Contributor
Floridian cleared all her posts so you miss the fun with her unless it was quoted by someone.

Ahhhhhhh

All those posts w/ only dots? But that was a diff name - maybe tk6katt or close.

By the attack geese page.

Nah that must be someone else. Ohhhhh was this the name change done by admin?

Gah my head's gonna hurt if I keep trying to think this much.

AndreaB Contributor
Ahhhhhhh

All those posts w/ only dots? But that was a diff name - maybe tk6katt or close.

By the attack geese page.

Nah that must be someone else. Ohhhhh was this the name change done by admin?

Gah my head's gonna hurt if I keep trying to think this much.

That's the one. She changed her user name.

Don't think too much......that's dangerous. :lol:

The regulars that were on the thread last year that aren't now are t6katt, robbin, and juliem. Most everyone else was just here for the party. There are probably a few I forgot though. :unsure:

tabasco32 Apprentice

jin

Yeah I think your right. There was a lot of little fats pieces of cartilage in the meat that was causing me problems I believe. What sad is that I don't have an appointment with the dentist for another month.

But Rachel is right, I do need to wait awhile for the other teeth as I become more sick with each removal. I hope the new naturopath will be able to help me more since she was in my situation before. I really was to go to ART. I might talk my dad into taking a air trip with me.

Rachel,

The charcoal wasn't a problem for me at first. I didn't change my diet at all when I started the charcoal. Then I was noticing more pain on my left side. So I stopped everything for 2 days even the charcoal. I put the charcoal in again and the pain came back. The same familiar pain.

Maybe I should try one more time just to see?

lisa

miamia Rookie
jin

Yeah I think your right. There was a lot of little fats pieces of cartilage in the meat that was causing me problems I believe. What sad is that I don't have an appointment with the dentist for another month.

But Rachel is right, I do need to wait awhile for the other teeth as I become more sick with each removal. I hope the new naturopath will be able to help me more since she was in my situation before. I really was to go to ART. I might talk my dad into taking a air trip with me.

Rachel,

The charcoal wasn't a problem for me at first. I didn't change my diet at all when I started the charcoal. Then I was noticing more pain on my left side. So I stopped everything for 2 days even the charcoal. I put the charcoal in again and the pain came back. The same familiar pain.

lisa

Lisa-

I know i have said this before but you really need to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!! If it is telling you something is not right for you, at least for right now listen!!

you have to be careful when taking anythign that causes toxins to break up , and be released. While you want this to happen if you are not excreting them properly you are just freeing them up to play havoc in your system. Sinc eyou suffer from constipation this could very likely be happening to you and adding to your discomfort.

This is why it is so important to be under the care of a good doctor or naturapath, or whatever who really knows this stuff and can work with you.

miamia Rookie
Well...I can tell you this...it doesnt involve the racheling of foods, treatments or anything of that nature. ;)

FOR ONCE!! :lol:

Actually it involves my ex....the one that causes me stress (and not always intentionally).The one that I cant completely move on from cuz of this heinous illness holding me back. :(

As you guys know....I get physical reactions from stress...its just as toxic to me as say....alcohol or peanut butter. Probably even MORE toxic!!

I think the episodes of stress I've been dealing with all this time have definately gotten in the way of healing. I need to stay focused on getting well....thats my priority. So my resolution was to NOT put myself in vulnerable situations...to avoid people who are toxic to me. To not let myself get sucked into stuff that distracts me (in a not so positive way) from what I'm trying to acheive.

I was doing GREAT...until yesterday. :ph34r:

I called to extend birthday wishes...and probably next weekend I'll go to one of these parties....and probably the next day I'll be down...and upset about how this illness has taken so much away from me. :(

I think it robs me of my strength. When I was healthy I was always strong (probably too strong)...it would take ALOT to make me cry. Not so much anymore....certain things can knock me down very easily. I cant always control how my body reacts to stuff so all I can do is avoid situations that could potentially set me back.

I'm just not always good about that. :rolleyes:

So thats the story of my stupidness. :ph34r:

Hey...I have been trying to eat more yams this week!! :o

I think I had 3 or 4. :ph34r:

Yeah...the sweet potato haze caused me to be stupider than EVER. :lol:

The more toxic I am the stupider I get. :rolleyes:

Dont know what my excuse is this time but the yams sounds good enough...I'll take it. :lol:

Rachel-

good news on the yams. And i hope i didn't push you into a confession. I don't want you to ahve to reveal anything you are not comfortable with. But i can very much relate to your story.

miamia Rookie
So, should I not share that I can now eat peanut butter, and made Eric a frozen peanut butter cheesecake for his bday in April? :ph34r:

(i am actually eating everything but gluten, eggs, and edy's ice cream, which bothers me for some reason)

LAura-

I hope you ahd a great BDAY and this is such great news about all the foods!!(yes I am jealous ) but i am very happy for you!!

Rachel-

I just tried to send you a PM but your file is full

miamia Rookie

Rinne-

I know what you mean (I think ) about taste being a good indicator of the bodies intolerances. I ahve had so many food allergy tests done and I find them very inaccurate. I feel like somethime my body tells me exactly what it needs. And if i wasnt to try something i am not sure about by just putting it on my tongue i can tell how it will sit. It is very strange.

I am a huge fan of almond butter!! I love it but i have to say i still love Peanut butter too. My favorite almond butter is this brand KEttle (Ithink thats the name) for some reason i think it tastes better than the other brands.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

I just tried to send you a PM but your file is full

Mia...I deleted my mail. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Lisa,

Is the pain on your left side near your back.....where your kidneys are??

If it is...it most likely means your kidneys are really burdened from the mercury and under stress when you're trying to detox. This is what happened to me...but its improved some. When I can feel it..I back off of whatever I'm doing.

How many charcoals are you taking??

Is it possible you're taking too much??

Also...even though I'm totally for ART....and I think its a great tool for people to use to guide them back to wellness. I think in your situation it would be much more important for you to get a good Dr. here in your area FIRST.....and then if its affordable for you...you can have ART done.

I think ART can be very useful for you but you very much need a Dr. to work with you now....while you still have these amalgams in and getting more toxic with each removal.

You need a Dr. to give you the proper support with supplemenation in order to get your body to where its strong enough to handle these removals....and you cant go through anymore removals and not take anything for detox or you'll get worse.

If you dont feel like the charcoal is doing you any good then dont take it anymore but I would wait for a Dr. before getting anymore amalgams out and I wouldnt do it without having any protective agents in your body....charcoal is one of those protective agents. It might not be the best one for you but you definately need something.....you can work all that out with a Dr.

I hope you can get a Dr. before you go back to the dentist and continue with the removals.

Oh....did you hear from Scott?? If this Naturopath doesnt work out....then I'm sure that Scott can direct you to a better Dr.....although you may have to travel to the Bay Area.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I know what you mean (I think ) about taste being a good indicator of the bodies intolerances.

This doesnt seem to work too well for me. :unsure:

All of the things which really make my taste buds happy are the things that I shouldnt be eating and end up causing reactions.....basically everything that tastes good is off limits. :(

Oh....theres also plenty of stuff that doesnt taste good thats off limits as well :rolleyes: ...one that comes to mind is quinoa. GROSS.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Here we go - some late nights I've read back for grins. And it ranges from amusing to insightful [edit: to heart-wrenching ups & downs and] back to hilarious etc. (Hehe as if I have to tell YOU all) :P:D

Yeah....its really fun to go back and relive some of these moments. :)

I guess I never thought about it from the standpoint of someone who really hasnt "met" the cast. I can see your point...it wouldnt be the same at all.

Your post just reminds me of how special this place is...and yeah....lots of ups and downs in these pages...but lots of love and support all the way through. :wub:

I'm glad you're finding enjoyment from the Rachelville chronicles....being so new to the thread its really cool that you've already gotten to "know" the cast in a way that you're able to go back and have fun reading all this stuff. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Miamia...I got your pm...will reply to it later. :)

and no.....you did not push me into anything Sweet Spice. :)

Hey Lisa...

I thought of one more thing that may or may not be helpful to you. For a long time now I've taken ALL my supplements out of their capsules and have only taken the powder in water.

I'm really sensitive and can even react to the capsules themselves...whatever they're made from...vegetable sources, gelatin, etc.

I dont ever take the capsules and I've found I can tolerate more things this way. The capsule is just one less thing to worry about if I take the powder out of it. I do this with my charcoal too.

It might be something you can try and see if it makes a difference for you. :)

barbara123 Apprentice
Does anyone know if it's ok to take Magnesium Citrate with have a leaky gut? I bought some for constipation. Is oxypowder good Miamia and do you take it everyday?

Have you tried Miralax? My sis works for a dr in San Diego she suggested this and it does help. It draws fluid from your body and is a stool softerner. i have terrible problems with constipation. lucky if one BM a week.

hope this helps

Barb

dlp252 Apprentice
Does anyone have trouble with ground meats like turykey or beef or chicken. I notice I was eating my ground turkey meat that I cooked in a frying pan, no oil just water. Then My guts started to pop and bubble. Is that an intolerance? Is this why I am still losing weight?

Not with ground beef or turkey, but I have a problem with chicken in any form. :(

Here we go - some late nights I've read back for grins. And it ranges from amusing to insightful [edit: to heart-wrenching ups & downs and] back to hilarious etc. (Hehe as if I have to tell YOU all)

Bumped into the birth of the attack geese today!

:lol: This has been a fun, magical place. :P I had fun last week going back too.

We had a lot of fun last summer. :D The "cast" is mostly the same, with some additions and subtractions. Floridian cleared all her posts so you miss the fun with her unless it was quoted by someone.

It's too bad cuz her posts were some of the funniest you can imagine!

I'll assume there are no plans for a bball court or roller-hockey rink.

:lol:

I am a huge fan of almond butter!! I love it but i have to say i still love Peanut butter too. My favorite almond butter is this brand KEttle (Ithink thats the name) for some reason i think it tastes better than the other brands.

Yes, I buy this brand of hazelnut butter. I've also tried the cashew butter from them, but not sure I've tried almond butter...it's not cheap in my WF. :lol:

This doesnt seem to work too well for me.

All of the things which really make my taste buds happy are the things that I shouldnt be eating and end up causing reactions.....basically everything that tastes good is off limits.

Oh....theres also plenty of stuff that doesnt taste good thats off limits as well...one that comes to mind is quinoa. GROSS.

Ditto!!! I definitely go soley by what I think tastes good. :P Although, I am finding that my tastes have changed a bit here and there.

I thought of one more thing that may or may not be helpful to you. For a long time now I've taken ALL my supplements out of their capsules and have only taken the powder in water.

I'm really sensitive and can even react to the capsules themselves...whatever they're made from...vegetable sources, gelatin, etc.

Yep, the geletin showed up for me in my BioSET testing so I've been taking stuff out of the capsule for a few weeks now...I do think it's making a difference for me.

hope this helps

Barb

Hello Barb.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Yah, it's been pretty quiet this afternoon/evening anyway.

Floridian cleared all her posts so you miss the fun with her unless it was quoted by someone.

Is she all right? Does anyone know what happened to her? And why did she clear all her posts?

Archived