This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tazorac Cream - Anyone Ever Use This?

DingoGirl

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Fiddle-Faddle,

THANK YOU so much for those words....they truly hit the spot somehow. What an encouraging story and look how you found your way! Yes, "chilling out" for a while is what I am kind of doing. NOt sure which direction to take and so not really taking any action now. My brain.....or lack thereof - is growing increasingly inept and frustrating for me, so not able to look for a job currently, which is killing me, but I can only hope that in time, things will get better and the right thing will happen. Looking into volunteer work that isn't too stressful right now.

Love you girls.....and all the support!

I am supposed to go to the Celiac conference in Stanford this weekend.....paid for my ticket (which I could not afford) and don't really want to go now......but may force myself. Must squelch anxiety!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
I am supposed to go to the Celiac conference in Stanford this weekend.....paid for my ticket (which I could not afford) and don't really want to go now......but may force myself. Must squelch anxiety!

Me too! I actually considered not going even though I'm already registered and paid...I think I'll at least go for half the day.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Fiddle-Faddle,

My brain.....or lack thereof - is growing increasingly inept and frustrating for me, so not able to look for a job currently, which is killing me, but I can only hope that in time, things will get better and the right thing will happen.

How about brain exercises?

Seriously--go to your bookstore and find one of those workbooks for elementary school kids that has you matching shapes, doing mazes, reading 1-page stories and answering questions, etc.

I was shocked how challenging I found them when I got some for my (gulp) 7-year-old (blush)!

There are also a bunch of websites--www.scholastic.com, www.discoveryschool.com, www.child.fun.com, www.smarterkids.com, etc. They all have elementary school academic games on them--some of them are quite fun, and in an odd sort of way, soothing.

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

I love you and miss you! :wub: There is no such thing as the end of the road. Sometimes a new road needs to be forged. Sometimes the harder we try and make things happen the more problems we encounter. Step back and let things happen in God's time. I know, easier said than done. I need to keep that in mind myself too.

I didn't meet my hubby until I had given up on finding my perfect match either. There must be something to waiting for God's timing. :)

You are not a downer on the thread and we like to see your pretty face more often.

I think both you and Donna need to go to the conference and at least meet each other.

Cecile,

I miss you to. I posted to your poster name on the other thread since most people don't know you by name over there. :P

CarlaB Enthusiast

There must be a certain confidence in a woman who knows she doesn't need a man to be complete. My husband and I dated the end of one school year. Then I spent the summer in Mexico and dated someone else. I was crazy for both of them. The next school year hubby didn't want to pick things up again and the guy I dated in Mexico thought a 2 hour drive was too much of an obstacle. So, I was dumped by two guys within a couple weeks (though I didn't date them at the same time) and I'd have married either of them -- I was very depressed (for other reasons, too) ... couldn't even get a date, let alone find someone I liked at all.

That following summer I really pulled myself together. The following school year, hubby was interested again. He later told me that I just wasn't the same person the year before when I was so depressed, but once I became strong again, I was very attractive.

So, Susan, hang in there and take care of yourself. When you're strong and independent again, you won't be looking for a man, but one will definately find you!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Love seeing you girls again. I am just trying to be good and stay away from the board! Not getting as much done as I need too, though... :ph34r:

Also love your stories of encouragement and learning about your lives. The funny thing is, the LAST thing on my mind is meeting a man......I am so consumed with other worries! Don't expect I will EVER ever meet anyone again....and not even thinking about that at the moment. Trying to figure out other major life issues, really. Got to get things together and yes Andrea, much of it depends on God's timing, for sure!

Yes, maybe I will do some gentle e-stalking of Donna and make her go to the conference. :lol: MIss Bumble Bar - would love to meet you! I know that I am driving to my friends' house in San Jose on Friday.....if I get a great night's sleep Fri. night on that terrible bed I will get up and drive to Palo Alto. Pray for sleep! I have PAID for the darned thing! And if I go, I WILL be sampling the gluten-free beer! (have pretty much given up drinking, had a small amount of wine a couple of times, not a problem and dont' even miss it much any more - - now THAT is a miracle!)

Fiddle - Faddle - - I am definitely going to look into these brain-stretching activities, as mine, I'm afraid, is actually atrophying or something!! I have always had a severely lopsided brain and need to strengthen the non-functioning (I am not kidding) parts....is it too late?

Do you guys know that when dogs get old and slightly demented, they really stare at you a lot?? My poor old girl, I think she doesn't quite know who or where she is sometimes..... :wacko: And then I just say "I'm Mommy, and this is Annie, and you are tika! and she smiles and wags her tail and happily goes to her bed.....happens a lot..... :blink:

Rikki Tikki Explorer

oh Dingo girl, I think of you often and hope that you find your way through your struggles. I had so hoped to be able to meet you at the conference but due to transportation and money I was unable to go. I don't know how far you are from me, but if possible I really would like to meet you. Sound silly? I would really like to meet all of you, wish that was possible ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lindalee Enthusiast

Susan, Can't wait for you to share the scoop from your conference. How exciting to go. Do hope you enjoy it. Sometimes getting away is good for us.

Donna, I had my first BumbleBar yesterday. It is hard to chew those slowly. lol

Guest Robbin

Hi everyone! Susie!! I was wondering how you were doing!! I hope you and Bumble girl meet up. It will do you both a world of good since I know Donna hasn't been feeling too well either-both of you need it!! Hey, you can check out each other's jewelry making ideas!!

Tika- sounds like my cat, Tom J. --he is 15 and getting a little senile. Each time he enters the livingroom, he looks around amazed and interested in everything, like he has never been there before and it is all new each visit. :blink:

Maybe that is the way to live, like each day is a new and amazing thing and really look at our surroundings with fresh eyes.

(The problem I have is that when I do that I see all the dusting I need to do, lol. )

Nikki-So glad to see you!!

Celia-Gee, I think I've seen you somewhere before, lol. :D

Evie-STAY WELL!!! We missed you!!

Alison, and Carla and Andrea, Love your insights and stories, thank you for sharing them. :)

Anyone I missed --Have a great night and Thursday!!!

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

Your dogs sound absolutely precious. Do go to the conference (and you too Donna), so you two can meet up.

Tavi,

Where in N. Cal are you....around Sacramento at all? We are probably about 10 hours away from there. We are 5 1/2 from Medford OR I think (In Washington).

I'd love to meet you Californian's. That is more realistic than meeting Cecile......unless she comes up to Washington for a visit. :P Still waiting. I'd actually love to meet everyone at some point but I'm not to optimistic about that happening.

Robbin,

It's always good to see you. I've missed you too. Glad Zack is doing better. I do read over at Daily Strength....just don't post much. I've noticed Judy posts the same info in both places.....THANK YOU JUDY!!!

Cecile,

I still miss you too but understand that you don't have the time to be in this forum as much.

Evie, Alison, Judy, Armetta, Nikki, Carla and everyone else........Hello! Hope all is going well (or as well as can be expected).

I posted this on the omg thread, but my dad has kidney failure and has started dialysis 3x a week. We'll know in four weeks whether that is helping or not. He only has one kidney since one was taken out about 5 years ago due to cancer. He's not too happy about his new restricted diet.

dlp252 Apprentice
Yes, maybe I will do some gentle e-stalking of Donna and make her go to the conference. :lol: MIss Bumble Bar - would love to meet you! I know that I am driving to my friends' house in San Jose on Friday.....if I get a great night's sleep Fri. night on that terrible bed I will get up and drive to Palo Alto. Pray for sleep! I have PAID for the darned thing! And if I go, I WILL be sampling the gluten-free beer! (have pretty much given up drinking, had a small amount of wine a couple of times, not a problem and dont' even miss it much any more - - now THAT is a miracle!)

:lol: Praying! Just look for me at the Bumble Bar booth if they have one, lol. I actually AM planning to go but will probably get there late. I HAVE to take some stuff to the hazardous waste disposal thingy (old paint, thinners etc.), which is in Sunnyvale this weekend...my appointment is at 8:45, so I figure I'll miss the first speaker definitely and maybe the second one as well. I'll cruise the vendors booths until after the first break I think.

Do you guys know that when dogs get old and slightly demented, they really stare at you a lot?? My poor old girl, I think she doesn't quite know who or where she is sometimes..... And then I just say "I'm Mommy, and this is Annie, and you are tika! and she smiles and wags her tail and happily goes to her bed.....happens a lot.....

OMGosh!!! My two dogs just used to sit and stare at me, lol. I'd wake up in the morning and the first one would just be sitting there staring at me, lol. The second one was definitely out of it most of the time. I adopted her when she was older and she had lots of medical issues, and towards the end she'd just stand with her head in the corner or on my leg. :(

oh Dingo girl, I think of you often and hope that you find your way through your struggles. I had so hoped to be able to meet you at the conference but due to transportation and money I was unable to go. I don't know how far you are from me, but if possible I really would like to meet you. Sound silly? I would really like to meet all of you, wish that was possible ;)

I'm sorry you couldn't make it!!!

Donna, I had my first BumbleBar yesterday. It is hard to chew those slowly. lol

Ha, yes it is...what flavor did you have? My fav is chocolate...add some peanut butter to that and you have just about the perfect food. :lol::ph34r: Haven't had one now in about a month and a half, although did have the "original" flavor yesterday (first time in a month and a half)...that's mostly cuz my store has been OUT OF THE CHOCOLATE, lol. :lol::ph34r:

Do go to the conference (and you too Donna), so you two can meet up.

Yep, I think Susan HAS to go! :P

Hi everyone! Susie!! I was wondering how you were doing!! I hope you and Bumble girl meet up. It will do you both a world of good since I know Donna hasn't been feeling too well either-both of you need it!! Hey, you can check out each other's jewelry making ideas!!

Jewelry! I think I've made well over 100 bracelets, lol. :lol: I'm wearing 6 of them today! :blink: I've also sold a few already. Learned how to put on a clasp last weekend and now I'm busy re-stringing all the ones I made a few weeks ago, lol...otherwise I'd probably have 200 by now. And, speaking of not feeling well, that might be the only thing that keeps me home Saturday...yesterday I had a slight sore throat, then by the end of the day, started getting shooting pain in my right ear every time I swallow....hoping that goes away and it's not an infection! Could also just be the TMJ...good gawd, lol! :rolleyes:

Rikki Tikki Explorer
Susan,

Your dogs sound absolutely precious. Do go to the conference (and you too Donna), so you two can meet up.

Tavi,

Where in N. Cal are you....around Sacramento at all? We are probably about 10 hours away from there. We are 5 1/2 from Medford OR I think (In Washington).

I'd love to meet you Californian's. That is more realistic than meeting Cecile......unless she comes up to Washington for a visit. :P Still waiting. I'd actually love to meet everyone at some point but I'm not to optimistic about that happening.

I posted this on the omg thread, but my dad has kidney failure and has started dialysis 3x a week. We'll know in four weeks whether that is helping or not. He only has one kidney since one was taken out about 5 years ago due to cancer. He's not too happy about his new restricted diet.

I live about 2 hours north of Sacramento, I think it's north, it's not south but it's in the mountians to the left of Sacramento. So sorry to hear the news about your dad. I hope all works out

Donna: I hope you are feeling better soon!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

i GIVE UP

SPENT 1/2 HR TRYING TO DO CUT AND PASTE QUOTES..AND IT WON'T LET ME USE THE FACES AND WHEN I TRIED TO CUT THEM OUT (TO MANY THEY SAID) I AM JUST GIVING UP.. CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS..

LOVE YOU ALL.

JUDY

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna: I hope you are feeling better soon!

Thanks!!! Me too, lol. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
i GIVE UP

SPENT 1/2 HR TRYING TO DO CUT AND PASTE QUOTES..AND IT WON'T LET ME USE THE FACES AND WHEN I TRIED TO CUT THEM OUT (TO MANY THEY SAID) I AM JUST GIVING UP.. CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS..

LOVE YOU ALL.

JUDY

That's strange, Judy, a few minutes ago, I read a long post by you, now it all disappeared. Maybe next time try doing each quote as an "add reply", then that way you don't lose all you have already written.

dlp252 Apprentice
i GIVE UP

LOVE YOU ALL.

JUDY

Darn...sometimes it's just all too difficult isn't it!? I was responding to your long post, but got interrupted by a co-worker and now I see that you've changed it, lol.

jerseyangel Proficient
i GIVE UP

LOVE YOU ALL.

JUDY

Judy--you sound flustered :(

I also read a long post by you that included quotes. I'm not sure what happened.

When you're reading through a thread, and want to respond to several posts, hit "Quote" on the bottom right of that post (it will turn red) and continue on that way until you reach the end of the thread--then hit "Reply". All of the posts that you wanted to reply to will appear in the box--then you can respond to them one by one.

Don't give up!! Let me know if there's anything else I can do :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Carla-Donna

thanks so much..I couldn't even follow it :blink: so just pulled the whole thing off. :blink::huh::o

Just to frustrated and tired and sad this am.

feeling so overwhelmed.

Donna, i've been trying for so long to figure out who you are when i see posts from others to you

think i have it now.

guess that's why i find the daily strength so much easier as we can see the face and real name.

any way was going to just stay home from swimming but since i saw your posts. going to 'gather my old suit' as the other is out in the rain drying. :ph34r: and take this sad old tired body into the 92 degree water and

suck up this gloomy day..and get on with my life.

thanks girls.

judy

CarlaB Enthusiast

Judy, swimming sounds like a great way to turn your day around.

I know what you mean, mine started off funny/weird, too. Hubby was paying attention to me and all I could think about was how much I wanted a cup of coffee (haven't had one in about two weeks <_< ), I tried to take a shower, but the water was off (we live downtown and they're "revitalizing" it), then my cup of tea was a sad replacement for coffee. Oh well, at least I see the humor in it all!! :lol:

lindalee Enthusiast
:lol: Praying! Just look for me at the Bumble Bar booth if they have one, lol. I actually AM planning to go Ha, yes it is...what flavor did you have? My fav is chocolate...add some peanut butter to that and you have just about the perfect food. :lol::ph34r: Haven't had one now in about a month and a half, although did have the "original" flavor yesterday (first time in a month and a half)...that's mostly cuz my store has been OUT OF THE CHOCOLATE, lol. :lol::ph34r:

I had the original. It was so good. Also bought some Blomin Bar's -not as good. But will come in handy. Ever tried those? Have you tried the Nutiva Hempseed Organic Bar?

i GIVE UP

LOVE YOU ALL.

Judy, I have been trying to do the multiple posts also and need to practice. I was too embarrassed to say so. There are so many I try to do and loose also. We need a computer class help thread. :lol::lol:

JUDY

I also read a long post by you that included quotes. I'm not sure what happened.

When you're reading through a thread, and want to respond to several posts, hit "Quote" on the bottom right of that post (it will turn red) and continue on that way until you reach the end of the thread--then hit "Reply". All of the posts that you wanted to reply to will appear in the box--then you can respond to them one by one.

Patti, thanks to you this might go thru. :)

Oh well, Donna, I tried to respond to you and Judy I got my remark mixed up with yours :ph34r:

dlp252 Apprentice
Carla-Donna

thanks so much..I couldn't even follow it :blink: so just pulled the whole thing off. :blink::huh::o

Just to frustrated and tired and sad this am.

feeling so overwhelmed.

Donna, i've been trying for so long to figure out who you are when i see posts from others to you

think i have it now.

guess that's why i find the daily strength so much easier as we can see the face and real name.

any way was going to just stay home from swimming but since i saw your posts. going to 'gather my old suit' as the other is out in the rain drying. :ph34r: and take this sad old tired body into the 92 degree water and

suck up this gloomy day..and get on with my life.

thanks girls.

judy

Ha, yes my user name is rather forgettable, lol...not very user friendly, but I've used it so much I hate to change, lol. I've been around here for almost a year now, but don't really post a lot, so people don't get a chance to know me except on a very few threads...I post mostly on the OMG thread these days. :ph34r:

Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed, but glad you are going swimming! I've been taking walks at lunch here at work, and I think that is really helping to clear my mind and pick me up a bit...just getting outside seems to help.

I had the original. It was so good. Also bought some Blomin Bar's -not as good. But will come in handy. Ever tried those? Have you tried the Nutiva Hempseed Organic Bar?

Patti, thanks to you this might go thru. :)

Oh well, Donna, I tried to respond to you and Judy I got my remark mixed up with yours :ph34r:

Looks okay to me, lol! I think I've had a couple of the B bars. I agree, not quite as good, lol. I haven't tried Nutiva yet, but I have seen them in the store...may have to try them if they don't get my chocolate bumble bars in. :P

AndreaB Contributor

Good morning all!

Boy, has this been a busy thread this morning! :D

Judy,

Sorry your day didn't start out very well. Hope it's doing much better now.

Tavi,

You sound like you like in a beautiful area.

Donna,

Hope your pain resolves quickly and you have a good weekend.

evie Rookie

Hey, I am glad to see that plan again, will write that down, have not been able to do that either. it is such a beautiful day here that it is so hard to stay in and CLEAN house (not my 1st love!!) but overdid wed out so resting today$#@^*, lots more interesting things could be doing!! <_<

Question for the health experts!! :unsure: I am taking extra cal/mag/phosphorous, water but for several weeks early am leg cramps wake me OHOH :( Not just once but 3 times and are hard to relieve!!! :angry:

have started on lasix just wed. and plan to put my feet up when can. Not a good time to see Dr. for awhile, with company coming for a few days. Youngest dd called short ime ago and they are on their way from wyoming/ their camper and dear dog. hoping for home remedy (is that a HAHA)? Have a GOOD day all. Wishing for the best for your dad Andrea!!

evie

DingoGirl Enthusiast

First of all

JUDY - - hang in there darlin.....yes, do your swimming and I SO hope you're feeling better today! You sound overwhelmed......sending hugs to you.

Evie - nice to see you again! Have you tried the bar of soap under the sheets thing for leg cramps? It is a mysterious home remedy but many swear by it....how great, you will see some family this weekend, and their dog! my mom loves her "grand dogs" too.....

Am suffering a TERRIBLE headache today, not getting much done and need to do SO much to go to the conference this weekend! Yikes! Dogs need bathing (they STINK), lawns must be mowed, packing, laundry....on and on. If I can just get to San Jose tomorrow, then I can decide Sat. morning if I feel like going....

DONNA! I may do as you are doing and not bust my arse to get up there...may miss the first lecture. Do you think they'll let us in? Hey, we're Celiacs, we might be having gastro issues in teh morning, of COURSE they'll have to let us in late!

See you girls later.....love to all!

ROBBIN - - got your pm - - am writing to you later today! :)

angel-jd1 Community Regular

WOOO HOOOO I have internet again!!! Moving stinks.........I was going through celiac.com withdrawls :P Hi to all!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Archived